Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? (6261 Views)

12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB / GEJ, Buhari, IBB, Other Past Nigerian Leaders At Council Of State Meeting Abuja / Jonathan: Fear Of The Unknown Forces Nigerian Leaders To Stay In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? by ffo(m): 10:20pm On Dec 20, 2012
mAd-BulleT:
Almost all the Nigerian leaders are corrupt, and this corruption is in most Nigerian's blood. I believe this corruption can be stoped, only if God can help to remove the greed in us and our leaders. I have an assurance that; this citizens complaining about our corrupt leaders would do the worst, if they were in their shoes, because, this leaders also make unfulfillable promises before they were elected.... So, this has to stop.
We should avoid all this arrogancy and greediness for a better leader, IT BEGINS WITH YOU.
God Bless Nigeria.... One Luv.

100 Likes
Re: Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? by ffo(m): 10:24pm On Dec 20, 2012
Cold faya: I really wished I could say there r a few, but unfortunately, there's almost none. Reason? The system makes it almost impossible for leaders to b free of corruption, even if they want to b, d sytems brings corroption to ur nose and as we all know, its really enticing.

enticing? how can corruption be enticing?
Re: Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? by ffo(m): 10:27pm On Dec 20, 2012
uzo4real: Infact all Nigerians are corrupt, or rather have the tendency to be corrupt. We all criticize our leaders of being corrupt..wich they are no dobut! But we might even be worse when we are in that same position....SMH

did i hear u say ALL Nigerians? That's a fallacy
Re: Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? by ffo(m): 10:29pm On Dec 20, 2012
Hardfact: Very good question in long time. Certainly, through their steady deliberate efforts Corruption has become a household name in Nigeria. Certainly not all, but make no mistake, overwhelming majority of Nigerian leaders, people in power, presidents, govs, reps, etc, past/present are epitomes of corruption.
Corruption is the only logical reason we suffer in midst this plenty.

i agree with you
Re: Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? by OkochiZico(m): 11:30pm On Dec 20, 2012
Not all the Nigerian leaders are corrupt, cos I'm one of them and I know the stuff I'm made of.Though the corrupt leaders outweighs the good ones.

1 Like

Re: Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? by tomakint: 11:49pm On Dec 20, 2012
ssjalo: @ poster
I will agreed with you, we have some who are not corrupt cos in all not every body will go to hell.
No, we have a few who are corrupt but shy to act it out and u forgot to add that, 'not everyone will go to heaven too' cool
Re: Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? by AndreUweh(m): 11:54pm On Dec 20, 2012
Alex Ekwueme wasn't corrupt during his reign as second in command to Shagari. He came out poorer from that post compared to his wealth before he became VP.
Re: Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? by tomakint: 12:13am On Dec 21, 2012
Andre Uweh: Alex Ekwueme wasn't corrupt during his reign as second in command to Shagari. He came out poorer from that post compared to his wealth before he became VP.
Yo andre where av u been? Wel Ekwueme was a VP under a govt noted 2 b tribalistic, hence was under watch so u neva can tel if he was more privileged! Search the topic 'The Mystery Of The Idemili Culture' u are needed there, thanks cool
Re: Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? by stantob(m): 4:04am On Dec 21, 2012
Some may not be corrupt,but the syndrome of "if you can't beat them, you join them" has dramatically made all corrupt.
Re: Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? by ChrisGnarly: 6:35am On Dec 21, 2012
simply yes, bt some ar corrupt than others
Re: Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? by sesanayo(m): 6:40am On Dec 21, 2012
Africans have this natural inclination to be corrupts, except we have a system that doesn't allow corrupt practices....take China for an instance
Re: Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? by olajide8(m): 9:39am On Dec 21, 2012
For those that are not "corrupt" but harbour the corrupt subordinates, what's the difference? There is something fishy, "and Il, personally smell the rat". I suppose, they are not leading by example, and for their subordinates to perpetrate this hideous act there must have something at stake, so my general submission 101% of the 100% are corrupt, what a country.
Re: Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? by armadeo(m): 9:50am On Dec 21, 2012
Nigerians by nuture are corrupt and indisciplined that is Y they resist any form of orderliness. Take the nepa staff for example who refused biometric data capture because of the ability to manipulate paper data. Take the police, pension board, any board, traffic offcials ur office peeps and the likes everybody is out to make a fast buck and these fast buck chasers are the same peeps who become leaders tomorrow then they look for the mega fast buck.
My point corruption has been made part and parcel of the nigerian mentality.

Pay tax u dodge pay 4 vehicle papers u dodge pay customs na bush/ river route, pay for luggage @ the airport u find someone else to carry it, every single thing in this nation is done sharply hence corruption dey kampe.

What we need is a visionary leader who will take us not where we want to be but where we ought to be. One who is ready to crush toes of friends and foes.

1 Like

Re: Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? by ffo(m): 10:27am On Dec 21, 2012
sesanayo: Africans have this natural inclination to be corrupts, except we have a system that doesn't allow corrupt practices....take China for an instance

100 Likes
Re: Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? by ffo(m): 10:32am On Dec 21, 2012
armadeo: Nigerians by nuture are corrupt and indisciplined that is Y they resist any form of orderliness. Take the nepa staff for example who refused biometric data capture because of the ability to manipulate paper data. Take the police, pension board, any board, traffic offcials ur office peeps and the likes everybody is out to make a fast buck and these fast buck chasers are the same peeps who become leaders tomorrow then they look for the mega fast buck.
My point corruption has been made part and parcel of the nigerian mentality.

Pay tax u dodge pay 4 vehicle papers u dodge pay customs na bush/ river route, pay for luggage @ the airport u find someone else to carry it, every single thing in this nation is done sharply hence corruption dey kampe.

What we need is a visionary leader who will take us not where we want to be but where we ought to be. One who is ready to crush toes of friends and foes.

Are you talking of Idiagbon and the likes.
Re: Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? by Profidada: 11:34am On Dec 21, 2012
The system itself is an epitome of corruption. If you are not corrupt you cant get there. With this i can safely say that all i mean all nigerian political leaders are corrupt but some are more corrupt than others.

1 Like

Re: Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? by ceejayluv(m): 11:39am On Dec 21, 2012
Profidada: The system itself is an epitome of corruption. If you are not corrupt you cant get there. With this i can safely say that all i mean all nigerian political leaders are corrupt but some are more corrupt than others.
Profidada inana Baltimore!! How far na... How xmas dey go for your side?
Re: Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? by jaybee(f): 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
adeshina86: All nigerian leaders are corrupt........

Callotti: Some are robbing the piggy-bank, others are driving the getaway cars! kiss

YES! NO EXCEPTIONS! kiss

hardbody:

YES, There are all CORRUPT. Well let's say they are all epitome of corruption or better still, corruption personified.

YES ALL ARE CORRUPT!!! You need to know the meaning of corruption; the letter and the spirit. Any good english dictionary at your disposal will define corruption for you in clear terms

Those who think they are not corrupt, but keep quite in the face of corruption, for whatever reason, are equally corrupt. Those who keep quite while in office and talk like parrots against 'corruption' while out of office are also corrupt. Those who claim not to be corrupt but give way for corruption to thrive are corrupt as well.

I agree that the system is corrupt and entry into the corrupt system leaves one with dents of corruption.

BUT WE DON'T HAVE RECORD OF A NIGERIAN IN POSITION OF LEADERSHIP WHO HAS EVER RESIGNED HIS POSITION BECAUSE THE SYSTEM DID NOT ALLOW HIM TO MAINTAIN HIS HONESTY AND UPRIGHTNESS; OR WHO HAS RETURNED MONEY BACK TO THE STATE TREASURY BECAUSE IT COME TO HIM/HER ILLEGALLY (BECAUSE MOST OF THE MONEY THEY RECEIVE AS PERKS OR ALLOWANCES ARE ILLEGAL, THEY DEFINE THEIR CONDITIONS OF SERVICE DIFFERENT FROM THE STATUTORY ONES; NOT TO TALK OF BRIBES AND KICK BACKS), JUST LIKE SOME TAXI DRIVERS AND OTHER HONEST NIGERIANS HAVE ALWAYS DO.
Re: Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt? by BetaThings: 4:31pm On Dec 21, 2012
ffo:

But i still believe that there are some out there who are clean, though i dont have statistics for that. It will be a fallacy if we conclude that ALL are corrupt.
there is no exception
You cannot get your party nomination because of integrity/plans/programmes/vision
You get it because of money!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Going Back On Cell Phones For Farmers – Minister / 'Baba Gana Kingibe' The Running mate Who Betrayed MKO Abiola. / Budgetary Allocation To Education 12010-2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.