Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

The Tenth Generation - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Tenth Generation (45814 Views)

Generation To Generations... / Our Generation.. Nigeria Is Our Responsibility / To The Dying African Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tenth Generation by Nobody: 12:40am On Jan 18, 2013
Wow! Wow! Wow! Ds s thrilling... @ first i was enjoyin d novel bt wen i got to wen Rogers strted killin,it irritated me n i stoped readin it 4 almst a week,so i got bored n had to finish up d story,bt mehn! I kuldn't get my hands off d fne cz ds endin part s suspense filled n veri perfect... I tot "cyber lover" was d bst bt i give u d kudos n tellin u to kip it up cz i lve d way it eneded wt luv... I am ur biiiiiiiig fan,mre grease to ur elbow. As 4 criticism,i dnt c any dnt knw if odas noticed some....
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank317: 6:56am On Jan 18, 2013
Wow, I never knew u all were following this thread. And here I was thinking it was such a bore. Thanks @all.

Lol @gendebs, 8/10 is still very cool. I am working on a family story, I know u all will love it. Its a new concept where d event will all happen in just a day and in one house, its going to b suspence filled and quite intruiging, jst watchout. Once again thanks and keep the comments coming.
Re: The Tenth Generation by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:49am On Jan 18, 2013
I was here grin grin grin

I followed Cyber Lover in silence and today Damex shipped me here...

Love ur work.
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank317: 10:57am On Jan 18, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I was here grin grin grin

I followed Cyber Lover in silence and today Damex shipped me here...

Love ur work.

are u through or still reading? anyway thanks still
Re: The Tenth Generation by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:15am On Jan 18, 2013
frank3.16:

are u through or still reading? anyway thanks still
still reading
Re: The Tenth Generation by IZUKWU(m): 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2013
Frank, i noticed a disparity in the physical stature of rogers . Initial you portrayed him as at best of average built and height but later from sean's .description , you portrayed him as being big. That is contradictory!
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank317: 2:11pm On Jan 18, 2013
IZUKWU: Frank, i noticed a disparity in the physical stature of rogers . Initial you portrayed him as at best of average built and height but later from sean's .description , you portrayed him as being big. That is contradictory!

thanks for the observation. the fact is that i intended to make him big, in fact i formally described him as big until a friend advised that i should rather make him smallish against what a lot of people would expect. perhaps i didn't really carefully go through my edit. i will go back and read once again.
Re: The Tenth Generation by smartg(m): 8:58am On Jan 19, 2013
Interesting
Re: The Tenth Generation by nollywood20: 9:34am On Jan 19, 2013
You are a gifted writer.
Where can I get any of your books?
Re: The Tenth Generation by colombiana: 9:41am On Jan 19, 2013
Oluwafunmilayo95: splendid cheesy

More oil to your engine cheesy cheesy
Sorry ooo must naija epic novels and movies always have to do with sacrifices, death and shrine, and native doctors plus misfortunes hmmmmn
Re: The Tenth Generation by boolet: 10:16am On Jan 19, 2013
Beware of plagiarists
Re: The Tenth Generation by boolet: 10:21am On Jan 19, 2013
colombiana:
Sorry ooo must naija epic novels and movies always have to do with sacrifices, death and shrine, and native doctors plus misfortunes hmmmmn

What were those things that characterised the epic naija society?
Re: The Tenth Generation by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:41am On Jan 19, 2013
boolet:

What were those things that characterised the epic naija society?
Thank u
Re: The Tenth Generation by avicky(f): 2:26pm On Jan 19, 2013
Hurray! We did it.
We made front page at last.
Frank, thanks for not giving up on us.
Re: The Tenth Generation by Tomeseen(f): 2:40pm On Jan 19, 2013
I nearly wan die wen sean stole the bead, that was wen u suckered me in. Mehnn... My heart was just doing GBAM GBAM GBAM. Guy u no fit kill person oh and to think that i have an unfinished project to deliver today. I love what you did with this story dude. The suspence in it, guy you totally nailed it abi nah kill it sef. One word i love it and 'you'.
Re: The Tenth Generation by avicky(f): 3:30pm On Jan 19, 2013
Mehn, d suspense in dis novel was sth else. It kept me on d edge to d very end.

But pls edit where u used 'chike' instead of 'chika'.
At last, d efforts of d saviours have not been in vain.
RIP to all d souls dt were lost.

I want more of this Franko.
Thumbs up man.
Re: The Tenth Generation by avicky(f): 3:32pm On Jan 19, 2013
Tomeseen: I nearly wan die wen sean stole the bead, that was wen u suckered me in. Mehnn... My heart was just doing GBAM GBAM GBAM. Guy u no fit kill person oh and to think that i have an unfinished project to deliver today. I love what you did with this story dude. The suspence in it, guy you totally nailed it abi nah kill it sef. One word i love it and 'you'.
My dear, no be only you dey fill d 'GBAM GBAM' vibes. No be small thing.
Re: The Tenth Generation by Haybeexyz(m): 5:31pm On Jan 19, 2013
Wow!!!!
Kudos 2 u frank.......cnt jus wait 2 knw wah happns nxt
Re: The Tenth Generation by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 19, 2013
Obviously you have the idea of a nice story here but since it's a novel(you called it that yourself) you must learn to "show" and not "tell", because as it seems, you wrote the entire 'novel' in a short story format. For instance, "Ikenna and Jeniffer watched as Sean was taken away in the police vehicle" could have been
"Ikenna and Jeniffer watched as the police vehicle kicked and zoomed off. The black van raised a cloud of dust which forced them to look away."
Remember I just gave an instance.
Nice effort though.
Re: The Tenth Generation by donPhill(m): 8:05pm On Jan 19, 2013
wow!....interesting.....re we xpectin d rest 2da?
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank317: 8:28pm On Jan 19, 2013
Ahh, u guys don't know how surprised and grateful I was to see this thread on the front page. Thanks all for reading amf making me know u loved it. Evn got text messages, that was really great.
@avicky, thnks for encouraging me, never knew u were still there, glad I didn't dissapoint u.
@tomeseen thanks, glad u enjoyed it.
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank317: 8:42pm On Jan 19, 2013
@denoskiz
Nice piece of advice there. Thnks. Thats why I mostly consider myself a good story teller but not a good writer, however I am still learning the art of writing. Like in my story cyber lover, I effected such corrections after critically doing the editing together with my editor, trust me his contributions are quite similer to ur suggestions and I will definatly trust him to do the same justice as u advice.I am still glad u like ma story, thanks
Re: The Tenth Generation by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 19, 2013
Thanks cuddlemi 4 taking time 2 read ds piece,and 4 selecting it 4 d super modz so it can be place in d front page, i think d story is not ment 4 some fractions of people but its meant 4 all. Thanks again @everybody.
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank317: 8:54pm On Jan 19, 2013
@Damex33

Now u make me blush, u know I said to myself if Damex could like my story, then its great.
Why? I have always secretely admired how u comment on other stories, think u have a good sense of judegement.
Re: The Tenth Generation by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 19, 2013
frank3.16:
@denoskiz
Nice piece of advice there. Thnks. Thats why I mostly consider myself a good story teller but not a good writer, however I am still learning the art of writing. Like in my story cyber lover, I effected such corrections after critically doing the editing together with my editor, trust me his contributions are quite similer to ur suggestions and I will definatly trust him to do the same justice as u advice.I am still glad u like ma story, thanks

It's ok. Story telling is a talent and writing an acquired ability that keeps on improving with time. You have the basics so never feel hindered.
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank317: 9:20pm On Jan 19, 2013
boolet: Beware of plagiarists

Ahhh, don't bother about that. They can plagiarise my story not a whole lot of stuff in ma head. However, I can't wait to catch the theif though, got a nice piece of surprised for em. Beside, so u think ma story is worth pkagiarising?
Re: The Tenth Generation by wizb: 9:25pm On Jan 19, 2013
Well done Frank, you did a good job.
Re: The Tenth Generation by mikewills(m): 12:52pm On Jan 20, 2013
Wonderful write up.....lovely story....nice plot....well scripted characters.....some minor typos....but overall...awesome job. Keep it up.
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank317: 1:47pm On Jan 20, 2013
mikewills: Wonderful write up.....lovely story....nice plot....well scripted characters.....some minor typos....but overall...awesome job. Keep it up.

Thanks, u guys really make me feel good
Re: The Tenth Generation by avicky(f): 3:37pm On Jan 20, 2013
Frank, u're welcome. Expecting more of dis frm u anytime soon. Cheers!
Re: The Tenth Generation by kikilove(f): 3:53pm On Jan 20, 2013
This story is so intresting I wud tell it 2 every1 that cares 2 listen.words can't explain █▬█w happy I am 2 have read thiS.thank Ɣ☺ΰ frank.am looking 4ward to more stories frm Ɣ☺ΰ. Ɣ☺ΰ r a genius .wud Ɣ☺ΰ b opening a new page or keeping dis one up?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees / Hearts and Hints Magazines / Here Is How To Get Any Fictional Novel By Any Author At All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.