Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

The Tenth Generation - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Tenth Generation (45794 Views)

Generation To Generations... / Our Generation.. Nigeria Is Our Responsibility / To The Dying African Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tenth Generation by HipsyDipsy(f): 4:08pm On Jan 20, 2013
All I can say is wow wow wow! U did a wonderful job. I stumbled on dis story ysterday, started it buh cldnt finish it cos of low bat3, I made sure I completed it 2day. ♍Ɣ head is pounding. D story is soo real! I cld feel d fear and axiety. Its an adrenaline pumping story. Great work frank. Try and correct d typo and spelling errors and ure good 2 go.I Also noticed dt d last part occured in 1999 and I don't tink dere were cell phones in Nigeria then, plus Amaka calling 911, not feasible in Naija, pls try and modify that aspect. Buh 2 cap it all, it was a beautiful story. Tnx 4 giving M̶̲̥̅ƹ sometin 2 read. I'm soooo glad Ikenna did not die oooo. More power 2 ur elbow. Keep up the good work.
Re: The Tenth Generation by AngelEbi(f): 5:22pm On Jan 20, 2013
I want to start by thanking the mods for bringing this to d front page. I think I ave to vist the literature section more often. Oga Frank, u are just too much jor
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank317: 6:02pm On Jan 20, 2013
HipsyDipsy: All I can say is wow wow wow! U did a wonderful job. I stumbled on dis story ysterday, started it buh cldnt finish it cos of low bat3, I made sure I completed it 2day. ♍Ɣ head is pounding. D story is soo real! I cld feel d fear and axiety. Its an adrenaline pumping story. Great work frank. Try and correct d typo and spelling errors and ure good 2 go.I Also noticed dt d last part occured in 1999 and I don't tink dere were cell phones in Nigeria then, plus Amaka calling 911, not feasible in Naija, pls try and modify that aspect. Buh 2 cap it all, it was a beautiful story. Tnx 4 giving M̶̲̥̅ƹ sometin 2 read. I'm soooo glad Ikenna did not die oooo. More power 2 ur elbow. Keep up the good work.

Thank u for reading this jor, I am so glad u like it. The comments I am seeing here is making me high like I am on some thing. Lol 911, thanks for bringing that to my see. As for the date, 1999, I will do some adjustment once my editor starts work.
Thank u everyone for making my day with ur comments, I promise I will publish soon and I will write a better one I promise. Thanks.
Re: The Tenth Generation by Pororo(f): 1:49am On Jan 21, 2013
Your work is superb! I had to stay up all night to finish it. grin
By the way, why dont u make it into a movie instead? Not nollywood o but i think hollywood pple will be interested in "an african horror story".
Im sorry i have no link to any producer but I think your work is worth a representation on a movie reel!
Welldone. wink

1 Like

Re: The Tenth Generation by Sparkle777(f): 1:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
my oh mine.this story is soooo goood dat am tempted to believe its sometin from the past.i startd on saturday nite and just couldnt put it down.u re indeed a wonderful writer.may u be blessed.
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank317: 4:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
Pororo: Your work is superb! I had to stay up all night to finish it. grin
By the way, why dont u make it into a movie instead? Not nollywood o but i think hollywood pple will be interested in "an african horror story".
Im sorry i have no link to any producer but I think your work is worth a representation on a movie reel!
Welldone. wink

Mnnn into a movie? Nice idea, that will b interesting. But sadly I don't have such contact locallyn not to talk of international.
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank317: 4:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
Sparkle777: my oh mine.this story is soooo goood dat am tempted to believe its sometin from the past.i startd on saturday nite and just couldnt put it down.u re indeed a wonderful writer.may u be blessed.

Wow, thanks for blessing me. I feel blessed already

1 Like

Re: The Tenth Generation by iebanehita(m): 10:23am On Jan 22, 2013
@Frank.. I jt finishd Part 1: The Covenant. I loved evry bit of it. But jt 2point out sum errors in it.

1. Check out for typos error. There's a lot of em,

2. The Idiom; 'You cannot eat ur cake n have it is wrong',,, The correct one is 'You cannot have ur cake and eat it.'

3At a point in the story, ur made mentioned of the great chief priest exclaimed: ''Oh God''.. For sum1 who is a loyal worshipper of alaogbaga mentioning God wit a capital 'G??', Gues that was an error.

4. You changed d name of Chika to Chike in d story, wen d chiefpriest was telling d messenger of d covenant shared by d bloods of both brothers and d alaogbaga.

5.When describing d death of Mazi Madu n Mazi Nduka, you could have used expressions made by d villagers like:

''Eeeeewwwwwoooo!!'',,,,considering its an ibo setting.

Thumbs up for d story.
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank317: 12:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
^^^^
Thanks for pointing out the errors. Pls keep them coming as u read through the second and third part, I will really appreciate it. And I am glad u like it.

Wow the comments are making me think a lot. The text messages coming to my cell phone is endless. Nothing has ever made me feel this glad. That means I must publish very soon.
Re: The Tenth Generation by mitchel: 3:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
Interesting work.I noticed you mixed up names in some parts of the story. E.g you used Amaka for Stella. I hope you plan to publish this work.Rogers was so real.I believe in the real world, many families are suffering because of convenants made by forefathers.Well done.
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank317: 6:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
mitchel: Interesting work.I noticed you mixed up names in some parts of the story. E.g you used Amaka for Stella. I hope you plan to publish this work.Rogers was so real.I believe in the real world, many families are suffering because of convenants made by forefathers.Well done.

Yes, I definately plan to publish, I am already working on it, just being delayed by some financial obligations. Thanks
Re: The Tenth Generation by iebanehita(m): 10:50pm On Jan 22, 2013
@Frank..

M on d 2nd Part: The Birth. Jt thru wit chptr 9.

Also, check out for typos and also you addressed Amaka(Juliet's frnd) as 'Mrs.?' bt never mentioned if she was married or had a husband.

Also, please can u gimme d link to ur 'Cyber Lover' story. V nt read it at all. Mayb i wld luv it, jt lyk ds one.

Kudos Bro. More Catfish in ur Peppersoup.
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank317: 11:25pm On Jan 22, 2013
^^^^
Thanks, pls continue to point out errors, I will definately take note.

As for the cyber lover, just check to the pages or u google it. Cos I can't post the link from my device, thanks. NB the cyber lovers has much errors and after my editor has touched it, we have changed a lot of things, I feel like taking this one off from the face of the earth, but u can still find it and read, pple still loved it.
Re: The Tenth Generation by Amynamerica: 1:13pm On Jan 23, 2013
I had a wonderful time reading this novel. Nice work. Had to stay up part of the night reading. Just work on your use of homophones (i.e same pronunciation but different spellings) e.g' rip' should be used instead of 'reap' ('rip apart' not 'reap apart') etc.

Have to read Cyber Lover. I think it'll be good.
Re: The Tenth Generation by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 23, 2013
I think i will be helping frank if i post d link 2 his other complete novel,d novel is as sweet as ds 1, but as u read pls comment,and point out his typos,and errors,mistakes so he can be a very good writer than he is already here is d link https://www.nairaland.com/333610/cyber-lover
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank317: 7:57pm On Jan 23, 2013
Thank u @Damexx333 for helpong me to post d link, u do well.
Pls those interested can easily have access.
Re: The Tenth Generation by ludasam222(m): 10:20pm On Jan 23, 2013
Oga.frank e dikwa 2much o...infact take 2bottlez 4 ma head jor...oh boi dis one don pas novel....just go put am 4 silverbird cinemas walahi u go sel pas gala......kip it up bro(d best writer in 9ja)2 gra8 bukz_cyber luver n dis...i reli enjoyed ma sef while reading dem,just dat i was scared

1 Like

Re: The Tenth Generation by frank317: 11:36pm On Jan 23, 2013
ludasam222: Oga.frank e dikwa 2much o...infact take 2bottlez 4 ma head jor...oh boi dis one don pas novel....just go put am 4 silverbird cinemas walahi u go sel pas gala......kip it up bro(d best writer in 9ja)2 gra8 bukz_cyber luver n dis...i reli enjoyed ma sef while reading dem,just dat i was scared

Lol, guy u are just funny, just got me laughing and feeling good. Thanks
Re: The Tenth Generation by Osgee(m): 11:45pm On Jan 23, 2013
Al i cn say z WOW! just WOW! Its incredible. I jst fell in love wit d story. Anoda chinua achebe in d making. Keep it up
Re: The Tenth Generation by dehmy(f): 7:33am On Jan 24, 2013
Interesting piece, I really enjoyed every single bit of the story
Re: The Tenth Generation by bigsholly(f): 11:34am On Jan 25, 2013
Mehn u are 2 much,can't believe i finished
Reading d tenth generation. When checking
Ur comment i come across ur previous story
Cyberlove, can u believe i read it all 2day
Just hooked 2 it and i couldn't drop ma fone
Till am thru. Thanks for nt allowing me 2 read
For my exams bt ur story
Re: The Tenth Generation by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 25, 2013
iebanehita: @Frank..

M on d 2nd Part: The Birth. Jt thru wit chptr 9.

Also, check out for typos and also you addressed Amaka(Juliet's frnd) as 'Mrs.?' bt never mentioned if she was married or had a husband.

Also, please can u gimme d link to ur 'Cyber Lover' story. V nt read it at all. Mayb i wld luv it, jt lyk ds one.

Kudos Bro. More Catfish in ur Peppersoup.
. U gat to read it oooo. D@ story was muaaaaaah! D@ was s story d@ made me lyk frank...wink lyk oooo nt luuuuvvvvv. Thumps up Frank.
Re: The Tenth Generation by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 25, 2013
Damex333: I think i will be helping frank if i post d link 2 his other complete novel,d novel is as sweet as ds 1, but as u read pls comment,and point out his typos,and errors,mistakes so he can be a very good writer than he is already here is d link https://www.nairaland.com/333610/cyber-lover
. Damex,gr8 job dere,tnx
Re: The Tenth Generation by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 25, 2013
bigsholly: Mehn u are 2 much,can't believe i finished
Reading d tenth generation. When checking
Ur comment i come across ur previous story
Cyberlove, can u believe i read it all 2day
Just hooked 2 it and i couldn't drop ma fone
Till am thru. Thanks for nt allowing me 2 read
For my exams bt ur story
. Hahahahahahaha. Dnt worry much cos u alredi av an "A" n d course since u've read "THE TENTH GENERATION" wink
Re: The Tenth Generation by Tallcutie(f): 12:32pm On Jan 25, 2013
The story's is SPECTACULAR
Came across it 2day n I was CAPTIVATED
Had to put everything else on hold till
I got 2 d end.
Everything about the story is SUPERB
From d title
To d layout of d story
I particularly love d way d twists n turns kept me glued to d story
Till d end
Mr Frank3.16,U did a GREAT job.
BRAVO!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Tenth Generation by frank317: 6:39pm On Jan 25, 2013
thanks tallcutie, i am glad u liked the story, i appreciate ur response.

@candis009, you too much, i think i like u to, not loveoooo. anyway, u warm my heart with ur response. all your posts have really enegized my towards ensurin that this story is publishd before the end of this year.

Mr. bigsholly, God is in control, i will put u in prayers to come out with sweet results in ur exams. thanks for reading and loving my story
Re: The Tenth Generation by niyimat(m): 8:17pm On Jan 25, 2013
@iebanehita, nice points. I just checked wikipeadia now, I too never knew that the formal rendering of this proverb/idiom is not correct but 'You can't have your cake and eat it'. You can't both possess your cake and eat it. i.e you can't do two incompatible things at the same time.

@ Frank, this is fascinating, I was captivated by your novel since saturday, I finished today.

The first part was very sharp and straight to the point and that was what made a first time reader to get glued to it. By the time I got to part two, you slowed down a little bit and that was perfect, you brought out all the details. When I got to the third part, you released all the adrenalin in me. Meeeeen! Frank, you no go kill persson so.

The only part am not too sure of is when you said clara put on the CD at the second part (1980). I doubt if there was CD in nigeria as at then.

Please get us informed when you publish this, my unborn child must read through this simple method of writing English.

Thanks
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank317: 9:34pm On Jan 25, 2013
niyimat: @iebanehita, nice points. I just checked wikipeadia now, I too never knew that the formal rendering of this proverb/idiom is not correct but 'You can't have your cake and eat it'. You can't both possess your cake and eat it. i.e you can't do two incompatible things at the same time.

@ Frank, this is fascinating, I was captivated by your novel since saturday, I finished today.

The first part was very sharp and straight to the point and that was what made a first time reader to get glued to it. By the time I got to part two, you slowed down a little bit and that was perfect, you brought out all the details. When I got to the third part, you released all the adrenalin in me. Meeeeen! Frank, you no go kill persson so.

The only part am not too sure of is when you said clara put on the CD at the second part (1980). I doubt if there was CD in nigeria as at then.

Please get us informed when you publish this, my unborn child must read through this simple method of writing English.

Thanks

Thank u very very much for ur comment. I am definitely going to take note of the CD in 1980 era and make necessary adjustment. Posting this story here is the best thing that ever happened to me espectially concerning my writing career. You guys are the bomb and I believe with ur comments and error indications, we all will work together in making this story get published as perfect as possible.

Ur comments have made me more motivated to ensure this get publishd as soon as possible. Thanks and pls keep d comments coming.
Re: The Tenth Generation by jaspyroman: 10:18am On Jan 26, 2013
Hey frank, nice reviews coming from amateur critics; really gives an inkling of what to expect when the book(s) go to print. I believe 10th gen has great potential, u just need a v.good editor. Literary acclaim is surely on the horizon and maybe even $$$$...
Re: The Tenth Generation by jslimz(f): 12:22am On Jan 30, 2013
Frank you got me spell bound. I felt all your characters. You did great with Rogers, and i was on edge all through.

This story is just so good.
Thanks so much for keeping me thrilled from start to finish. But the story needs proof reading, then please get it published.

Your good Frank, i'm expecting another if your up to it.
Re: The Tenth Generation by frank317: 11:41am On Jan 30, 2013
Thanx slimz, currently working on typos b4 sending it to my editor... It will soon b publishd
Re: The Tenth Generation by aademi(f): 10:41pm On Jan 30, 2013
Waow! I'm so impressed with this story. Frank, you have a very brilliant story here and I admire your skills... Just work more on names mix-up and little typos.... Welldone, I commend U

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees / Hearts and Hints Magazines / Here Is How To Get Any Fictional Novel By Any Author At All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.