Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,440 members, 7,864,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:05 AM

Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 (17625 Views)

Nigerians Blame Sunday Oliseh For Nigeria's Failure To Qualify For AFCON 2017 / Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by honeric01(m): 10:17pm On Dec 22, 2012
coogar:

this is the most idiotic comment ever.......
people like you are the reasons the country won't be moving forward anytime soon - i can bet when it gets pear-shaped and nigeria gets knocked out, you would quickly change your stance and start asking for keshi's head.

even a goat knows there's no balance in the squad keshi is taking to the competition. he needs more midfielders than strikers. the maximum number of strikers keshi needs shouldn't be more than 5 - why is it that common sense evades indigenous coaches in nigeria?

there's no point watching this - nigeria have failed even before the competiton is kicking off. if keshi cannot get it right with simple task such as squad selection then how would he apply tactical nous during the competition. nigeria is such a joke! useless sports ministry, idiotic coach, and brainless fawners like yourself!

Some of those on the striking list can pass as midfielders too so what are you really saying?

Midfielders: Mikel Obi (Chelsea, England); Nosa Igiebor (Real Betis, Spain); Ogenyi Onazi (SS Lazio, Italy); Raheem Lawal (Adana Demirspor, Turkey); Obiora Nwankwo (Calcio Padova, Italy); Fegor Ogude (Valerenga, Norway); Gabriel Reuben (Kano Pillars); Rabiu Ibrahim (Celtic, Scotland)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Emmanuel Emenike (Spartak Moscow, Russia); Brown Ideye (Dynamo Kiev, Ukraine); Victor Moses (Chelsea, England); Uche Kalu (Rizespor, Turkey); Bright Dike (Portland Timbers, USA); Shola Ameobi (Newcastle FC, England); Ikechukwu Uche (Villarreal FC, Spain); Ejike Uzoenyi (Enugu Rangers); Sunday Mba (Enugu Rangers)
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by OlamideOkadigbo(m): 10:18pm On Dec 22, 2012
coogar: keshi is an idiöt.....
what's the point in picking 10 forwards and having only 6 midfielders in a squad? nigeria shouldn't even bother going for the competition. i am so disappointed in keshi with names like yobo, shittu, etc in the squad!
No matter who he picks, Nigeria wont pass d group stage. Even if we borrow Messi and Ronaldo, d super eagles will still remain d same.......why waste ur time criticize?
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by honeric01(m): 10:19pm On Dec 22, 2012
OlamideOkadigbo:
No matter who he picks, Nigeria wont pass d group stage. Even if we borrow Messi and Ronaldo, d super eagles will still remain d same.......why waste ur time criticize?

And when they make it to the finals, are you going to eat your heart out?
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by OlamideOkadigbo(m): 10:28pm On Dec 22, 2012
boron10: And I hope Eyeama won't be our first choice goal keeper this time. We can't afford to have someone who is very prone to mistake to keep our goal. Isn't it obvious that this guy is old? I swear he's older than Van dar sar. Yet he claims to be in his 20s.

How is he going to handle shot from Drogba or Muntari, given the fact that his eyes are aging? Keshi should really consider using someone else as the number 1 goal keeper.
who told you those ones are not even older? Lol
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by OlamideOkadigbo(m): 10:31pm On Dec 22, 2012
honeric01:

And when they make it to the finals, are you going to eat your heart out?
Finals? It is not an offence to dream..........abi no be the same super eagles?
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by npabo: 10:38pm On Dec 22, 2012
That's a step in the right direction. It reminds me of how France got rid of Ginola and Cantona on their way to lifting the world cup
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 22, 2012
delors: Not a bad list. We can't keep relying on those who have been failing us, repeatedly and with sheer inpunity...Presently, Odemwingie isnt playing 100% neither are Taiwo n Martins. Sentiments cannot win anything for us as much as we like these guys, we need fresh legs and new results. we only need to support them and hope for the best.
martins?? Dude!! Have u been watching levante at all this season? If there is any lethal striker of Nigerian descent at the moment, its Martins. He scores almost everytime he plays, i mean almost every weekend. so what is your point? Osaze n taiwo, yes but definitely not Martins.......the boy is hot right now!
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by sambos994(m): 11:10pm On Dec 22, 2012
micoco: martins?? Dude!! Have u been watching levante at all this season? If there is any lethal striker of Nigerian descent at the moment, its Martins. He scores almost everytime he plays, i mean almost every weekend. so what is your point? Osaze n taiwo, yes but definitely not Martins.......the boy is hot right now!

And did Martins score against Venezuela?
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by honeric01(m): 11:16pm On Dec 22, 2012
OlamideOkadigbo:
Finals? It is not an offence to dream..........abi no be the same super eagles?

The Zambian team made it to the finals, pounds for pounds, are the players better than that of the Ivorian? yet they won the nations cup so what exactly do you mean by "no offence to dream"? even the list we have right now can match the Zambian team and even do more than them, remember we even beat the Zambian team in a friendly 2:0 so please spare me the "they won't make it out of the group stage yadayada".
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by Freiburger(m): 11:48pm On Dec 22, 2012
I like this list because it is a list of home-based and outside professionals. Lets just hope for the best.

1 Like

Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by ROCKJ1(m): 12:19am On Dec 23, 2012
The selection is ok.... The super eagles will surprise all of you with victory. Pls don't use your mouths to curse our team. They need your support.

1 Like

Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by pazienza(m): 1:26am On Dec 23, 2012
Good selection,time to try something new, lets hope it translates to victory at the end.
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by jekanem: 1:31am On Dec 23, 2012
Shola amoebi and dike ova martins? Very strange
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by ortopazz(m): 1:34am On Dec 23, 2012
sambos994:

quite frankly I almost did Abuse you, so because he did nt score against Venezuela he doesnt deserve a call up? I cant believe this crap, Dike n Ameobi, did they score? Or u will tell me Dike plays a better league thats the MLS where bikiniz rule as compared to la liga, where he plays against world class players shud be sidelined for yperiment, how many times has Ideye scored for Naija under his two years term or evn more, compare any of the listed strikers, for two years who can boast of having impacted the super eagles more, then do that with 2yrs of martins in super eagles and lets see what u get.

Mind u, The venezuela game shud nt be ur parameter for judgement, if keshi talked form, as I pointed out then Emenike deservz a call up, one Imoh in europe deserves one too.

Not hating on keshiz list, buh Martins work rate in club is enuf to get him on the team, n nt the venezuela game.
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by hustleranthem(m): 2:17am On Dec 23, 2012
ortopazz: The defence yet again becomes the problem, he shud have saved himself the trouble of the strikerz list and snurced for replace in the defence, aod the midfield, and i believe that shud be the centre of cncentration
quiet ur Mat.una too dey complain.if dem give you the cross,you go fit carry am??
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by gonzaga: 3:47am On Dec 23, 2012
Keshi should not disturb himself explaining why Osaze was left out of the AFCON list. Any keen follower of the National team will know that Osaze has built an unjustifiable larger than life attitude for himself in recent times. He had issues with Lagerberg, Egauvoen, Siasia and now Keshi. A coach must take full charge of his dressing room and keep out detractors in the mold of Osaze and his co-travelers.

Messi has surpassed all imaginable records in football and his set to win a 4th world player award. Despite these achievements, he remains humble and cool headed. Compare this to Osaze's unruly conduct simply because he plays for a mediocre westbrom side.

We should all support Keshi and hold him solely responsible for whatever the outcome of the nations cup would be. I have always said that players that feel they cannot be controlled should not be in any team. They cause disaffection and chaos in teams.

Romario was the best and most prolific Brazillian striker in the run-up to the 2002 world cup. For disciplinary reasons, Scolari refused to take him and opted rather to go with the half-fit Ronaldo. Brazil went on to win the world cup that year without the unruly Romario. I wish Keshi the best.

1 Like

Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by ElCaballa(m): 7:45am On Dec 23, 2012
beethoven: Abeg why is Joel Obi not in this squad? shocked shocked
He is injured.
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by babyboy3(m): 8:05am On Dec 23, 2012
delors:

GRAMMAR POLICE

Brighter Grammar
Na wah o...if Keshi dey mess up, sey u self suppose dey complicate matters?
Next time, you write 'WE NEED' not 'WE NEEDS'
'MARTINS' not 'MATINS'
'ANY QUALITY PLAYER' not 'ANY QUALITY PLAYERS'
and write 'TO INSPIRE' not 'TO INSPIRED'...

Two lines, four deadly nuclear bombshells ...later na, u go talk say mammy Patience dey blow grammar for Aso Rock...you better go buy Brighter Grammar II.

I really think you have time on your hand, this is a public forum not a essay writing class! You could apply for a role at one of the examination boards!

Among the strikers we have NO TARGET MAN!!! Victor Anichebe would bully defender and would fight for the team, I have said Keshi wants to be an agent for those he would help find a new club like wanted to do with Adebayour that back fired.
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by 4peace(m): 8:51am On Dec 23, 2012
[size=24pt]Guys this is provisional squad list.
Anything can still happen
[/size]
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by Hardeydamola(m): 9:02am On Dec 23, 2012
joel obi is nursing injury and doctors in Inter Milan had said he wnt be Match fit by January
beethoven: Abeg why is Joel Obi not in this squad? shocked shocked
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by ony073: 9:02am On Dec 23, 2012
To me oooh,not inviting dose players is nt my main problem bt inviting players dt do play in divison one is totally unacceptable like uche,shittu and so on.y also inviting a guy playing in USA,dt 1 has notin to offer.atleast we qualify sha so if we comot for 1st round,we stil beta hayatou team wey no qualify at all.d last time we had a team was in 2000 and is d last time I stopped supporting dis nation passionately.
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by ortopazz(m): 9:07am On Dec 23, 2012
hustler anthem: quiet ur Mat.una too dey complain.if dem give you the cross,you go fit carry am??

if i pursue u, u go fit run?
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by haibe(m): 9:08am On Dec 23, 2012
I see nothing wrong in keshi's list except the inclusion of shola abeobi and the exclusion of obafemi martins.

Reasons: Shola abeobi doesn't have any goal sense and a striker without goal sense isn't worth to be called a striker(If you watch shola play in newcastle, you will understand what i am saying)

Martins is arguably the best nigerian striker playing this year..(If you watch levante's matches, you will understand what i am saying), martins hardly "not score" in a match..

Nevertheless i still believe nigeria will perform very well in the nations cup in SA becos am sure victor moses and ahmed musa are very good forwards that can score goals, besides shola ameobi can prove me wrong, wonderful mid-fielders and defenders choosen by keshi, i hope enyeama will perform well..

I wish the super eagle the best, they can make it..
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by Bosuntop: 9:20am On Dec 23, 2012
keshi will always be tribalistic.. why martins? shit players made the list...
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by awizzy1(m): 9:20am On Dec 23, 2012
Guapo: so happy for my main man- Kenneth Omeruo (ADO Den Haag, Netherlands). All the best pal. smiley

I happy for that nigga die......young and vibrant.la gwarinpa la represento.

2 Likes

Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 23, 2012
sambos994:

Imagine? So d venezuela match is d benchmark for inviting players to d nations cup? All those strikers that were invited, how many of them scored against Venezuela? Imagine your thought pattern
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by hustleranthem(m): 10:49am On Dec 23, 2012
ortopazz:

if i pursue u, u go fit run?
lol.no o bros.u b james bond na cheesy
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by Blueboy0402: 11:33am On Dec 23, 2012
kheart: are u blind? Ibos plenty pass any other tribe abi na my eye dey tell me lies?
I think you are the one that is blind. Tribalism has indeed gone deep down into your genetic code. For goodness sake which would you prefer?
1. 100% Yoruba in super eagle and we win the nations cup.
2. 100% Igbos in super eagle and we win the nations cup.
3. 100% Hausa in super eagle and we win the nations cup.
4. Federal character reflected in super eagle and we are disgraced out of the competition in the first round.
Which would you prefer? Don't allow tribalism to distroy your life.

1 Like

Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by bjjbam: 11:39am On Dec 23, 2012
Am I d only one dat saw Danny Shittu? Keshi is joking right?
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by 175(m): 11:44am On Dec 23, 2012
wayne4loan: angryWHO THE HELL IS BRIGHT DIKE OF PORTLAND TIMBER

He is the elder brother of our very own Tonto Dike of Nairaland frontpage. . .ask d mods if u tink say i dey lie.
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by honeric01(m): 1:05pm On Dec 23, 2012
haibe: I see nothing wrong in keshi's list except the inclusion of shola abeobi and the exclusion of obafemi martins.

Reasons: Shola abeobi doesn't have any goal sense and a striker without goal sense isn't worth to be called a striker(If you watch shola play in newcastle, you will understand what i am saying)

Martins is arguably the best nigerian striker playing this year..(If you watch levante's matches, you will understand what i am saying), martins hardly "not score" in a match..

Nevertheless i still believe nigeria will perform very well in the nations cup in SA becos am sure victor moses and ahmed musa are very good forwards that can score goals, besides shola ameobi can prove me wrong, wonderful mid-fielders and defenders choosen by keshi, i hope enyeama will perform well..

I wish the super eagle the best, they can make it..

Wrong, he's not, go and check the record of Nigerian strikers on the list with how manyy goals they have. check Ideye and Emenike (i don't fancy this guy though). Bright Dike also has more goals than Martins this year, so you're wrong.
Re: Odewingie, Martins & Taiwo Dropped For AFCON 2013 by honeric01(m): 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2012
bjjbam: Am I d only one dat saw Danny Shittu? Keshi is joking right?

Who should have replaced him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic / World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria May Draw Ghana, Cameroon / The Best Soccer Playing Brothers You Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.