Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! (38244 Views)

HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest / Obi’s Wife Decries HIV/AIDS Prevalence In Anambra / Doctors Worry About HIV/AIDS Prevalence In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by utch(m): 4:24am On Dec 22, 2012
fittty:

Una no dey sleep? undecided
na for dream u dey comment?
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by fittty(m): 4:33am On Dec 22, 2012
utch:
na for dream u dey comment?

Hey! Be careful! undecided I woke up to piss then I overheard some people talking bout staus angry

2 Likes

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 4:35am On Dec 22, 2012
fittty:

Hey! Be careful! undecided I woke up to piss then I overheard some people talking bout staus angry

Are u still pissing.

If Yes then you need to know your status..

gringringrin

6 Likes

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by dayokanu(m): 4:42am On Dec 22, 2012
Osisi don spoil Abia state ooh
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Freewilly(f): 4:55am On Dec 22, 2012
There is no link or soure of this study for all we know the OP created this just to start another tribal war, yet it makes it to the front page of

NL.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Callotti: 4:57am On Dec 22, 2012
I thought Lagos State had the highest rate?
Too many conflicting reports out there.
I pity people wey dey find husband and wife for this day and age! cry
Thank you AGNOSTIC father lord! kiss

No wonder NIGERIAN men are dyiing from one website to another. . .after 'a brief UNDISCLOSED illness'!

Make una do HIV/HEPATITIS/HERPES test before una PHOCK O! cheesy
Marriage may be tooooooooo late for you!
Mu che che che che che che che

http://www.livestrong.com/article/26852-top-ten-countries-hiv/

Countries with the worst HIV rates.

NIGERIA #3 cry

A Nigerian pehnis gets suffocated in COMDOMS! grin grin grin
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Sunymoore(m): 4:57am On Dec 22, 2012
thank its only 0.1 percent for my statw
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by AkSamara: 5:02am On Dec 22, 2012
U dnt know know ђã†̥ u are saying, so τ̲̅ђey D̶̲̥̅̊oŋ't give such orientation ΐϞ ekiti aπϑ kebbi state abi? GƠ̴̴̴͡ aπϑ sleep joor!
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Callotti: 5:06am On Dec 22, 2012
http://www.eagleenstyle.com/2010/12/02/lagos-highest-in-hivaids-prevalence/

[b][size=20pt]Lagos Highest in HIV/AIDS Prevalence[/size]

Lasted Updated December 2, 2010 10:08 am

[size=20pt]About one million people in Lagos State are living with HIV/AIDS; most of them between 15 and 24 years, and this rate is the highest in Nigeria.[/size]

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

This figure was announced on Wednesday by the state’s Commissioner for Health, Jide Idris, while briefing journalists on the occasion of the World AIDS Day. Mr Idris said Lagos has about 12 per cent of the national estimate of People Living With HIV/AIDS (PLWHA), quoting the result of a national survey conducted by the federal government. “The sentinel surveys carried out in Lagos has confirmed a steady, though inconsistent, increase in the number of HIV infected people,” he said. Though the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) claimed, on its website, that about 2.98 million people are living with the condition in Nigeria, Lagos’ statistics cannot be stated in figures due to divergent population figures.

Mr Idris, however, noted that the state realized the scourge of HIV/AIDS earlier than any other state and even the federal government by establishing the Lagos State AIDS Control Agency. He also explained that Lagos has higher prevalence cases because the government, shying away from any political interference, has intensified awareness and testing campaign. “Between January and October this year, we have tested more than 115,000 people in our health facilities,” he said. “More than 28,000 pregnant women were tested, out of which 1051 tested positive.” Currently, the state has 56 HIV counseling and testing sites, 40 prevention of mother to child transmission sites, 29 adult anti-retro-viral treatment sites, and 22 pediatrics ART sites.

Mr Idris also said the state, apart from increasing testing and treatment sites, has also protected the rights of PLWHA by enacting a law for the Protection of Persons Living With HIV/AIDS, 2007. “Presently, a lot of sensitization is going on throughout the state and this started in 2009,” he said. “There should be no discrimination at workplaces, public places, no travelling restriction and equal rights with people that are not infected.” He also expressed gratitude to developmental partners (UNICEF, Clinton Foundation, CIDA/WHO) and implementing partners (FHI/GHAIN, IHVN, ALCO, and AFRICARE) “who are committed to this cause along with the state government towards improved access to HIV/AIDS services in the state.”
[/b]

[size=20pt]Comment[/size]

[size=20pt]

CHIEF INNOCENT IKPEOHA says:
December 20, 2010 at 10:59 pm
Our folk have to be very careful out there. I can remember during my last visit to Nigeria in November 2010, a lady graduate of banking and finance confessed to me while we were talking that she never had sex with condom since she was born. This is a lady of 31 years. Imagine what kind of deseases she’s carying.

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

So let us keep on educating them on the dangers of unprotected sex. This is making me sick to my stomach.
[/size]
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by odehaj: 5:07am On Dec 22, 2012
Abstain from every possible way of getting infected this Christmas WHEREEVER you may be,don't be carried away by this stats,NACA reports are NOT Bible quotes!

1 Like

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by BinghiNya(m): 5:12am On Dec 22, 2012
hiv prevalent in christian states oh jesus
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Callotti: 5:14am On Dec 22, 2012
CHRISTIAN PHOCKAHOLICS! grin

Sharia with many wives nor even get all that kind HIV WAHALA!

http://allafrica.com/stories/201211100358.html
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by AkSamara: 5:14am On Dec 22, 2012
abdulkayus:

dat was den in d days, bt its lyk it no more happen. Dey hav discard dat tradition. Bt sincerely speakin, benue ppl are very promiscious. Dem dey Zap steady and HIV is high there. If u go there, u will c many grave yard of ppl dat die of AIDS, dat is y Corpers are always warn wen dey are posted to serve in Benue. Benue gals sabi open legs EASILY and are good in bed. Bt there are still decent ones sha
ƔƠ̴̴͡Ʋ must be a fool, is your state girls D̶̲̥̅̊oŋ't know Ħ☹ϖ t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ open legs easily, be bold enough t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ tell me ur state aπϑ i will tell ƔƠ̴̴͡Ʋ Ħ☹ϖ many of them that has died of AIDS including married women.

1 Like

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Kukute1: 5:16am On Dec 22, 2012
Am not surprised that Benue is 1st position. It is in Benue state that husbands welcome male visitor by offering his wife for sex to the visitor. This tradition needs to be addressed.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by chio: 5:18am On Dec 22, 2012
BinghiNya: hiv prevalent in christian states oh jesus
Hatred and suicide/boko bombing prevalent in Moslem states oh mohammed

2 Likes

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by dabossman(m): 5:23am On Dec 22, 2012
Hhm, my darling Benue is back at number one. Benue chicks..., hhm, it is well. Edo's rating has improved in the last 5ys. They used to be in the top three. Kudos to NACA in that state.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 5:25am On Dec 22, 2012
BinghiNya: hiv prevalent in christian states oh jesus

After the pastor has bleeped all his female congregation finish, Na the same holy holy women go raise their legs to shout hallelujah the same Sunday.

1 Like

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Callotti: 5:29am On Dec 22, 2012
http://allafrica.com/stories/201211100358.html

[b]opinion

Apart from matters of development and politics, Benue State has always been in the news for the wrong reasons .The menace of HIV/AIDS has been on an astronomical increase in this agrarian state, and this has raised a lot of questions. SOLOMON AYADO writes on why the rate of the cankerworm is high.

The Benue State, which is popularly known as the Food Basket of the Nation, is located in the North-Central zone of the country. It is situated along the River Benue and is well known for hospitality and guaranteed security. Unfortunately, the story and menace of the dreaded disease, HIV/AIDS, seems to have taken over the level of hospitality and peace the state is known for, thereby battering its positive image.

[size=20pt]At the moment, prostitution and drunkenness have taken over the state, making it less hospitable and unsafe for people; and this is quite instrumental to the high rate of the dreaded disease.[/size]

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

As if in a stiff competition, hotels, local and traditional bars and beer parlours have continued to spring up in Makurdi, the state capital and other major towns.

[size=20pt]LEADERSHIP WEEKEND's investigation reveals that 65 per cent of women in the state, including housewives and students, have joined the illicit trade. About 25 per cent prefer to roam the offices of top government officials to sell their bodies at exorbitant rates.[/size]

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Not a few others also pretend to engage in petty businesses such as hawking recharge cards and clothing materials around designated recreational parks. This act, it was discovered, is meant to attract amorous contacts for onward patronage.
[/b]

Abiooooooooooooooooooo. . . if you can't get visas to Italy. . . why not sell 'market' in Nigeria? grin

No wonder men have started phocking cows and goats all over Nigeria! cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VrFQqYJ5-Y
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Callotti: 5:38am On Dec 22, 2012
Viewing this topic: kings33, odehaj, tutu1, nel76(m), Daddyolu, El Caballa(m), aniland, PeeDaVinci, dabossman(m), abuchilag, careytommy(m), Dapson24ng, overkill®(f), TRACK, fittty(f), Dansadaumallam(m), tarryT, rollas007, Ogbakolo(m), honeypie143, johntrailblazer, kenny987(f), ola_pluto(m), Lessonteacher, donroxy(m), chris car, solomon111(m), zameen(m), cnn_olofofo(f), opisco01(m), ellyrichy(m), Callotti, Femsyn(m) and [size=20pt]55 guest(s)[/size]

HIV ++++ wink
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by aglomar: 5:42am On Dec 22, 2012
Hmm
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by tosrich(m): 6:12am On Dec 22, 2012
sometimes I wonder if Nigerians sleep at all,............... a lot of people are online, when they should be sleeping...........
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by kenlash: 6:12am On Dec 22, 2012
Do u knw wat this means in states tht Ve higher prevlnce? In every 10 peeps 1 or 2 has HIV. This means we ve to be careful cos dis is a scourge we must All fight aginst. And its good To see some states dt were among d top 5 nw goin down on d list but sad dt benues case has alwys bn on d rise. We just ve to be Careful
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by eyennyin: 6:13am On Dec 22, 2012
Thought Lagos with the huge population should be the first, second, Abuja, third rivers state with all the oil money. The statistics is skewed and bias.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 6:17am On Dec 22, 2012
Nlanders! The statistics isn't for indigenes of the states but its residents. So pls quit the state of origin and tribal angle. By the way, what gave us the idea that its only ladies that spread the virus? What about men and the other methods of spread? SMH

1 Like

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by geeez: 6:18am On Dec 22, 2012
Does the prevalence rate tell us something about the sexual culture of some regions/tribes?
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 6:22am On Dec 22, 2012
tosrich: sometimes I wonder if Nigerians sleep at all,............... a lot of people are online, when they should be sleeping...........
Everyone can't go to bed by 9pm. Besides we all can't live in one time zone. Some of us work shifts, are on 24hr call duty,etc...how else can we justify the saying, "life is a circle"
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by nagoma(m): 6:28am On Dec 22, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: Statistics composed for Tribal bashing, some of u nairalanders give me jokes. Aids don't have region, but as much in every region.

The statistics is correct , meticulously prepared by Nigerians with international support using standard methods. There is no objective of bashing any groups unless Nairalanders want to use it for their tribalistic pass time. We all are worried about it despite some improvement seen in the last few years. The leading Nigerian Goverment executive in HIV control ( DG NACA) is a professor of medicine specialized in that field and his home state is Benue. He released those figures. The objective is to see further improvement especially in the states where the prevalence remains high.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 22, 2012
This is incorrect, Lagos should be at the top then followed by akwa ibom and benue. Nobody f**k pass em
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Curiouscity(m): 6:34am On Dec 22, 2012
Very sad. I am now afraid of babes in my state.
For doubting thomases, here is the link:

http://www.unaids.org/en/dataanalysis/knowyourresponse/countryprogressreports/2012countries/Nigeria%202012%20GARPR%20Report%20Revised.pdf
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Callotti: 6:34am On Dec 22, 2012
You nor 'ear say world wanno h-end? If diarris any RAPTURING. . . I wanno see h-it! cool
My h-eyes are not 'closing' till January 1st 2013! kiss
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by onuwaje(m): 6:37am On Dec 22, 2012
teeo:

Tuface koo blackface nii.

Benue, that husband would use wife to entertain guests. No bad feelings but when a lady tells me she is from Benue, i think twice.

when someone told me i tot it was just rubbish talk buh when i heard it in a lecture in sch i was whoa! †ђξ lecturer made mention of "irigwe" people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria / I Have The Feeling To Urinate After Every One Hour, Please Help A Sister / Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.