Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,796 members, 7,813,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Website ! I Need You Comment - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website ! I Need You Comment (1123 Views)

Help Review This Website I Redesigned For Lekki British School / Hello Every1 Am A Young Writer Pls.check Out The Website I Built Using Nokia X2 / Hosting Account For A Forum Website (i Need Your Help) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website ! I Need You Comment by smartsoft(m): 12:32am On Apr 26, 2006
Pls can someone critize the site for me, ?? before i go further i just need you critisim. http://www.smartsoft-ng.com

Thanks
Re: Website ! I Need You Comment by my2cents(m): 5:47pm On Apr 26, 2006
smartsoft,

call me crazy, anal and over-patriotic but when I go to a Nigerian website that features pple on it, I expect to see actual Nigerian pple on there. So unless you have a compelling reason to show oyibo, use photo of Nigerians for starters. Other than that:

- the layout, though boilerplate, is okay.

- Remove the flash movie OR make it loop just once. The continuous motion tends to make me nauseous, literally.

- Add a footer to the page

- Remove your phone number from the header section and stick that on your contact us page

- All your nav options can pretty much be compressed into a "Services" option. That would allow you to have other options like "about us". etc

Just my 2 cents. Any others care to chime in?
Re: Website ! I Need You Comment by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:49am On Apr 29, 2006
All i can say is beware of copyright infringement. it can work against your client in the future

I see three graphic elements that form a sizable portion of your frontpage that was lifted from other websites and not modified at all

The middle banner with 4 images was from Accenture
the Contact us button is from Ceonex

Yours :

Theirs

No offence but you have visited two great-looking sites (that might fail some standards tests), why not adopt a style that works for you based on those sitesĀ  rather than mish-mashing diffrent site graphics and html together.

Good effort, I think if you go over it with a pencil and a paper before actually doing it on a computer, it wil turn out fine
Re: Website ! I Need You Comment by IAH(f): 2:41pm On Apr 29, 2006
Hehehe, I agree with my2cents on that oyinbo pictures part. cheesy Smartsoft, sebi it's you. You have pretty girlfriends now, put their pictures there. cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Rate This Forum Pls / Where Can I Order For A Vps With Lr Online / Shame On Nigerian Webdesigner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.