Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. (2463 Views)

I Desperately Need A Job, Pls Help Me I Beg You / How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. / should I retain or take this new job - pls advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. by FRANCOBEN(m): 12:45pm On Dec 22, 2012
There is a saying that says you never know what you have until you loose it?two days ago i was offered a letter of employment by a well known fmcg brand,but my fear is that it a contract position that after one year u will be converted to a full staff,thereby no benefit for now except for your salary that is about 180,000naria.on the other hand i have a job which i have been doing for 2years+ now and earning a salary of 110,000/month and in some good selling month about 190,000.My problem is that the new job tend to have a career path as the HR said,while where am working there is no career path,despite your performance you can spend 10yrs in a position,..please a little advice from more experienced people will be appreciated....both companies are into fmcg with finest brand in nigeria and outside..i dont want to leave my present job to regret letter because i have been hearing alot of stories about contract jobs...
Re: Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. by badmarket: 12:52pm On Dec 22, 2012
stay where u are now.
Re: Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. by ifyalways(f): 1:06pm On Dec 22, 2012
Contract jobs can be very funny in Naija. Contracts are terminated at any time, terms and conditions not respected.a boss is sacked and all the contracts he signed including contract staff are laid off without notice.

Stay where you are. A sure not so perky b.reast in mouth is worth 2 pointy, succulent looking ones in constain.

Your decision to make at the end of the day.
Re: Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. by dudu036(m): 9:54am On Dec 23, 2012
Take time to pray about it. There are ways that seemth right unto man,but they are ways of destruction. Yes, the bible said in the midst of counsels there's wisdom but who are the people counselling you? Are they people that have worked as contract staff @ one time or the other before? Genuine counsels can only come from staff of the new outfit that went through same path.
Why nt find time to go over to the prospecting job office to really talk to some members of staff there?
But most importantly, take 3 days and fast and pray seeking God's face as which of the job will make you and wish one will mar you. God talks to everyone if you will pay the price to seek Him. Good luck.
Re: Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. by Westlord: 10:01am On Dec 23, 2012
It depends on d FMCG else heed to d popular say
Re: Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. by assalaamat(m): 1:58pm On Dec 23, 2012
if you leave where you are,i would pray to god not to forgive you.why do you want to leave where you are? when you're earning times six of what some people are even thanking god for.if you leave that place,god will not forgive you,but if you stay,may the blessings of almighty god be upon you.don't let me hear that again oo,understand?
Re: Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. by lightheart(m): 2:19pm On Dec 23, 2012
You are scared of the unknown. So park 4 where you dey
Re: Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. by xyloxloto(m): 4:15pm On Dec 23, 2012
guy park your self for were u dey from one year and they refuse to make u permanent what will you do? then means they got you were they want you u cant leave again na if you have got no job offers on hand
Re: Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. by FRANCOBEN(m): 12:04pm On Dec 28, 2012
please and please help out...more advise,should i leave my present job with fareast mercantile company ltd for reckitt benckiser Nigeria...please my problem is that of the contract clause for the first year...please your advise will be highly appreciated....
Re: Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. by AnOlAd: 9:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
Hmmm R and B on ur CV will not be bad for ur career oooo... And the chance of them Retaining u is 50/50.... Go for it... Life is all about risk,and only student of life learn out of life..... Please move..... There is no need to fear the Unknown.... Be determined to get in....
Re: Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. by Businesstools(m): 8:06am On Dec 31, 2012
AnOlAd: Hmmm R and B on ur CV will not be bad for ur career oooo... And the chance of them Retaining u is 50/50.... Go for it... Life is all about risk,and only student of life learn out of life..... Please move..... There is no need to fear the Unknown.... Be determined to get in....
Seconded.
Re: Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. by lexylexy(m): 8:18am On Dec 31, 2012
my bro go for the new job with career path. its better because u hav a chance to become full staff and even if it takes them 2 years to do that all good. than remaining somewhere that even in the next five years u still be at the same f***ing position. if i were u, i wuld go for it. we all fear the unknown but what is constant is change and that is what u need rite now.
Re: Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. by Godwinssb1(m): 10:06am On Dec 31, 2012
My bros wot z d nature of ur present job nw
Re: Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. by FRANCOBEN(m): 4:46pm On Dec 31, 2012
in my present job,i work as a SENIOR SALES OFFICER with fareast merchantile company ltd and guess what,my confirmation letter just came today after 2years.while the position offered to me by reckitt benckiser is for a TERRITORY SALES MANAGER.
Re: Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. by oribi(m): 6:24pm On Dec 31, 2012
In my own view go for d new offer and give ur very best..bt if u can‘t afford the risk stay were u are..lyf is abt calculated risk
Re: Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. by hienyimba(m): 8:56pm On Dec 31, 2012
Go
Re: Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. by FRANCOBEN(m): 7:51am On Jan 01, 2013
Cant imagine that after i have scaled through the selection process with guys from Guinness Nigeria,coca-cola,pz and others,i was the only person selected as a territory sales manager..All the same i want to thank everybody that has contributed to this topic in one way or the other.i say thank you and happy new year,the God that brought me this far will not disappoint me.where am working presently for 2years now,my confirmation letter just came on 31/12/12.All the same i will be on leave from the 7th of jan to 21st.so during this period i guess i have to resume my new job and make my final decision..
Re: Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. by babsoutsourcin: 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2013
If u v Ω̴̩̩̩̥☺ problem with ur present company please kindly remain where u are unless de v been owning u salary!.......I wish u all the best
Re: Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. by babsoutsourcin: 4:20pm On Jan 01, 2013
Good plan....God wiLl protect u!
Re: Please I Need A Viable Advice Concerning My Job.....pls And Pls. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
FMCL (Fareast Mercantile Company Limited) invites you for an interview for an Areas Sales Manager on Wed 29th July,by 12:40pm at 21 Akinyemi Cresent,off Fatai Atere way,Matori. Oshodi exp way.come wit a passport photo and
3months payslip

Just got it. Long established Indian company in Nigeria. Looks tempting, I hear salary could be as much as 200k, but the stress of travelling and it not being a multinational discourages me.

(1) (Reply)

GMAT 2015 Questions? / Cummins Energy / Recruitment For Graduate Trainees At Bincom ICT Solutions, 21st August, 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.