Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

What's Your Fear (Phobia)? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's Your Fear (Phobia)? (17580 Views)

Conquering Your Fear Of Lack (2) / Top 20 Funny/amazing Phobias: Whats your phobia??? / What Is Your Greatest Phobia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by WesleyanA(f): 12:46am On Apr 26, 2006
What's you phobia? or what are you just generally afraid of?

I'm especially scared of :

sleeping without lights : I don't care how dim the light is. I just have to have some light.

doing anything with my eyes closed: This is like my phobia!!!!! I would die if someone put a blindfold on me. I'm so terribly scared of it and might get a panic attack.
I had to get those small cleansing pads for my face so i don't have to wash my face w/ my eyes closed. It's scary.
You know when you hear your house is on fire or someone's trying to break in and  you get really frightned, that's what it feels like to have my eyes closed. like something's going to happen even though I know nothing's going to happen.

edited: too much info
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by Zahymaka(m): 2:20am On Apr 26, 2006
I'm not scared of heights. I'm more scared of depths -- everytime I see a pit or somewhere really deep I keep imagining I'll fall in. Eventually I have to leave because I get an impulse to jump in.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by WesleyanA(f): 4:54am On Apr 26, 2006
Zahymaka:

Eventually I have to leave because I get an impulse to jump in.

I know. I almost fell out of a window once like that (i was 6 though). shocked
it's scary!!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by hotangel2(f): 6:24am On Apr 26, 2006
Funny enough, i dont think i have any phobias.

Hmm, *thinks*, Im not scared of heights, dark, speed.

Ohh i got it, i hate Heat!! I can't stay where there's heat. I am afriad of heat! Does that count?
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by niterider(m): 7:10am On Apr 26, 2006
Cats.I'm so scared of the scrawny little things.If one comes around me without me seeing it approach,my hair stands and i get uncomfortable.
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by 2cantango(f): 8:00am On Apr 26, 2006
Zahymaka:

I'm not scared of heights. I'm more scared of depths -- everytime I see a pit or somewhere really deep I keep imagining I'll fall in. Eventually I have to leave because I get an impulse to jump in.

I know exactly what you're talkin about - freaky feeling.

My other phobias are heights - big @$$ spiders - falling - and I have this stupid fear that my teeth are going to fall out and I'll be spittin them out, stupid I know but I actually have to deal with this every time I brush my teeth undecided angry
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by Oyin100(f): 8:04am On Apr 26, 2006
I am claustrophobic. I can't help it! I've tried a couple of times to overcome it, but I always struggle out with screams.
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by 2cantango(f): 8:11am On Apr 26, 2006
@Oyin100:

I know how scarey that can be - my Mum is claustrophobic, I've seen her have a full on panic attack when she thought she couldn't get out cry
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 26, 2006
As for me , i'd say i'm scared of heights. Whenever i'm in a plane my head keeps felling like it swells up. During take- offs , its worse cos i feel like a weight pull me down n i think we re gonna crash n there is no escape. i hate travelling.
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by micklplus(m): 8:23am On Apr 26, 2006
Whats my own o ?? i am always afraid of the real kind of love. i got burnt once and its been hell even imagining it ! My bad !
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by lilred(f): 9:40am On Apr 26, 2006
Rejection
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by kiwibabe(f): 9:56am On Apr 26, 2006
shocked I am scared of anything to do with the sky, heights, flights, some birds, you name it. I was put on earth with my feet firm on the ground, and to think that one day we could be living in space, that freaks the hell out of me.
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by Dojo(m): 10:44am On Apr 26, 2006
http://www.indianchild.com/phobias.htm
Check the above for list of Phobias and pick yours. wink
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by maki(f): 10:50am On Apr 26, 2006
i have flying & travelling phobia

scared of heights and to swim in an open sea (beach)
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by MissAlissa(f): 11:34am On Apr 26, 2006
ok well apparently i have apiphobia, it is a phobia of bees, i've never been stung, but i can not go near bees, and flee in fear whenever one flys anywhere near me, and i also have a huge fear of being burnt
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by gentleone(f): 11:41am On Apr 26, 2006
umm, , i'd say i have a phobia for heights.
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by babymine(f): 12:16pm On Apr 26, 2006
Heights.
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by Anabib(f): 12:32pm On Apr 26, 2006
well, dont know what to call mine.
But and afraid of SNAKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
even typing the name gives me goose pimples
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by zebudaya(m): 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2006
i hate rats and chickens in a frenzy. Brings back bad memories.
I fear failure
I'm intimidated by very hot chicks
I fear not being as smart as others think iam
I fear commitment
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by alpacaem(f): 1:01pm On Apr 26, 2006
wasps = spheksophobia
&
spiders = arachnophobia

I have a really bad fear of wasps !
I can cope with a spider in the room - as long as I can see it. However if there is a WASP in the room, I freak out - I cant sit still or keep carm.

The last time A wasp landed on my coat (I was out side) I started Screaming and running around flapping my arms - like a mad person .
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by Zahymaka(m): 1:06pm On Apr 26, 2006
I also hate snakes -- although not too much. My worst nightmare is usually one with lots of snakes in it. When I wake up, anything that brushes against me makes me jump.
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by maki(f): 1:08pm On Apr 26, 2006
antsssssssssss 8-X
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by spikedcylinder: 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2006
Animals!
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by bonchic(f): 1:43pm On Apr 26, 2006
angry am scared of reptiles in general dats yyy!!! i dont wear anything snake skin. milllipedes urrrrggghhhh!!!!!!!!!! i luv jumping and all dat stuff. but am really startin to get scared of height.i dont understand yyyyyy!!! cry i hate worms in colonies lipsrsealed i hate scissors, they make mi wanna cut anything not even papers but my hair and lashes like somethin is pushin mi to do it. shocked embarassed
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by spikedcylinder: 1:48pm On Apr 26, 2006
bonchic:

i hate scissors, they make mi want to cut anything not even papers but my hair and lashes like somethin is pushin mi to do it. shocked embarassed

I think yours is the winner so far!Phobia for scissors!Ha! grin What would be the scientific name for that?
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by ide(m): 2:21pm On Apr 26, 2006
i m terrified of myself!!!
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by spikedcylinder: 2:26pm On Apr 26, 2006
l o l
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by niterider(m): 2:29pm On Apr 26, 2006
Turbulence in a plane
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by ide(m): 2:33pm On Apr 26, 2006
and to add to that,
i am really afriad of birds,
especially big ugly birds
they just freak me out,
can remember the only time i killed a turkey,
believe me it was messed up shocked
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by lioness(f): 3:01pm On Apr 26, 2006
just FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN embarassed
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by wiseguy(m): 3:36pm On Apr 26, 2006
Heights! Heights!! Heights!!!
Re: What's Your Fear (Phobia)? by tamia(f): 3:42pm On Apr 26, 2006
D O G S omg i can't stand dem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Johnbosco Onunkwo Gifts Wheelchair To A Crippled Beggar In Anambra / Sex Differences / *~Fynestboi Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2013 *~ Congratulations!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.