Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? (17467 Views)

Story Behind Stingy Men Association Of Nigeria (Pictures) / What If Your Definition Of Success Was All Wrong??? / Funny Definition Of Pineapple On Urban Dictionary. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 8:07pm On Apr 09, 2018
what's your definition of stingy??

to me a stingy person is the one who you spend on, help in time of his/her needs, but doesn't spend on you and doesn't help in your time of needs.

like;
I spend on a guy, help him when he needs help but he doesn't spend on me, give excuses and refuse to help me in times when I'm in need of help.

what's your own definition of stingy? because I've noticed that the word have different meanings to many people.

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
a stingy person is someone who is careful with money, who knows the value of money, and most importantly, how hard it is to make money (thus they dont squander it on BS).

sadly, the majority of people in Nigeria who call others stingy have absolutely no money to call their own, and are usually the one begging that same "stingy" person for handouts etc (or expect him to spend frivolously on them).

180 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by Shugarlord213: 8:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
I don’t care about the word stingy you girls problem should be looking for a job and stop claiming feminism

The real feminists aren’t online. All nairaland girls are h.oes

Enough said

30 Likes

Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by lilmax(m): 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2018
stingy for my own thing? my right?

13 Likes

Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by highpriestess: 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2018
stingy is someone that's stingy.angry

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by majekoam(m): 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2018
First of all. The comment above by Shugarlord is all kinds of dumb.

Have you met all the girls of Nairaland? (Saying they are all hoes and jobless).

Secondly people can have their opinion on what the definition of stingy is. What I find in my experience is that those who use the word most often are those who don't know the value of money of the struggle of an honest days work.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by Dpussyhunter: 8:34pm On Apr 09, 2018
my definition of stingy is when hon.greiboy refuses to share his girlfriend with me angry

1 Like

Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by mhisbliss(f): 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2018
Someone who's unwilling to spend, even when its absolutely necessary, he'll cling on to it like his last breath grin see them all over romanceland calling girls broke gold diggers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by majekoam(m): 8:48pm On Apr 09, 2018
mhisbliss:
Someone who's unwilling to spend, even when its absolutely necessary, he'll cling on to it like his last breath grin see them all over romanceland calling girls broke gold diggers

The OP didn't say Stingy Man.
You belong in the same group as those you are calling out.
(Mic Drop).

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by UDUJ(m): 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2018
Though I don't like the Op, I will try to answer this as detailed as possible.

Let's take this in reverse order:

The "stingy" are those who could spend, but choose not to. They value money more than comfort or approval from others. This could be rooted in a fear of poverty, a lack of self esteem, selfishness or resentment.

The "cheap" are those who do not assess the value of what is spent vs. the benefit derived. They sometimes spend on items that are low in cost, but have no intrinsic value, simply because the item is cheap. They take pleasure from the immediate gratification of owning the item, without considering whether it has quality or enduring utility, or whether the amount spent could yield more if allocated differently.

The "economical" are those who assess the benefit of spending vs the cost. They seek to obtain the best value for, or highest benefit of, their spending. They seek enduring utility or intrinsic value in exchange for their spending.

The "generous" will spend a portion of assets not needed to sustain their needs. They may even sacrifice a measure of their own comfort to relieve a perceived need in others. Sometimes this is an act seeking approval. Sometimes this is a demonstration of power. Sometimes this is performed out of a sense of obligation. Sometimes this is an act of true philanthropy, performed simply because it is possible.

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by Opentokwowledge: 8:58pm On Apr 09, 2018
A stingy beech will not allow you to reap the fruits of your labor. She is open to your magnanimity but to reciprocate in cash or kind becomes an issue. Long throat is another name for stingy sad angry

1 Like

Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by Mariangeles(f): 9:04pm On Apr 09, 2018
Shugarlord213:
I don’t care about the word stingy you girls problem should be looking for a job and stop claiming feminism

The real feminists aren’t online. All nairaland girls are h.oes

Enough said
This your comment is careless and childish...

7 Likes

Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by Shugarlord213: 9:06pm On Apr 09, 2018
Mariangeles:
This your comment is careless and childish...

Same with your mama

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by Mariangeles(f): 9:12pm On Apr 09, 2018
Shugarlord213:

Same with your mama
For you to have no regards for women and mothers, you definitely grew up on the streets, probably slept under the bridge... that's the reason you had no proper upbringing, no character, zero class!
I blame the woman who gave birth to you!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by mhisbliss(f): 9:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
majekoam:

The OP didn't say Stingy Man.
You belong in the same group as those you are calling out.
(Mic Drop).
grinSee one of them here
Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by myself13: 9:18pm On Apr 09, 2018
Frugal spending or spending wisely should not be misconstrued for being stingy. For me, a stingy fella is one that do not spend on others at all at all and hardly spends for himself. There are a lotta people like that.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by MISEDUCATIONS: 3:54am On Apr 10, 2018
i like it when girls call me stingy. coz i know im not stingy but my money is like their pvssy; HARD TO GET.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by jericco1(m): 4:27am On Apr 10, 2018
mhisbliss:
you're been one-sided

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by mhisbliss(f): 6:32am On Apr 10, 2018
jericco1:

you're been one-sided
Because i used he?
Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 7:06am On Apr 10, 2018
Mariangeles:
For you to have no regards for women and mothers, you definitely grew up on the streets, probably slept under the bridge... that's the reason you had no proper upbringing, no character, zero class!
I blame the woman who gave birth to you!

nawao
Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 7:07am On Apr 10, 2018
highpriestess:
stingy is someone that's stingy.angry

just say what your definition of stingy is joor cry
Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by highpriestess: 7:09am On Apr 10, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

just say what your definition of stingy is joor cry
lipsrsealed

someone that's in position to give out something that can benefit another,but still clinged unto it.
stingy people are always heartless too,cos they don't feel other people's pain.cry

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by jericco1(m): 7:11am On Apr 10, 2018
mhisbliss:
Because i used he?
it was something general, you don't have to narrow it to a single instance.
Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 8:48am On Apr 10, 2018
highpriestess:

lipsrsealed

someone that's in position to give out something that can benefit another,but still clinged unto it.
stingy people are always heartless too,cos they don't feel other people's pain.cry

na u know o
Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by majekoam(m): 8:58am On Apr 10, 2018
mhisbliss:
grinSee one of them here

Part of the reason why real feminists are having to fight so hard for equality is because of certain individuals.

You think you are helping the cause. You are not.

Find one piece of evidence that I've called any woman on Nairaland a gold digger.

Don't worry Ill wait..

Even earlier in this thread i am actually defending women... so your comment is irrelevant.
smiley

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by mhisbliss(f): 9:02am On Apr 10, 2018
majekoam:

Part of the reason why real feminists are having to fight so hard for equality is because of certain individuals.

You think you are helping the cause. You are not.

Find one piece of evidence that I've called any woman on Nairaland a gold digger.

Don't worry Ill wait..

Even earlier in this thread i am actually defending women... so your comment is irrelevant.
smiley
grinIts irrelevant alright but i could feel the pain in your comment
Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by majekoam(m): 9:07am On Apr 10, 2018
mhisbliss:
grinIts irrelevant alright but i could feel the pain in your comment

I can see your character in yours... smiley

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by Sheuns(m): 9:13am On Apr 10, 2018
Eshin race course.
Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by mhisbliss(f): 9:20am On Apr 10, 2018
majekoam:

I can see your character in yours... smiley
Same here and i didn't even look hard, its glaring smiley
Re: What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? by majekoam(m): 9:24am On Apr 10, 2018
mhisbliss:
Same here and i didn't even look hard, its glaring smiley

Thanks for the compliment. Its good to be recognized for fighting for a good cause.

I try to add positive value to this world.

grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! / Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? / What Is Your Greatest Fear?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.