Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,166 members, 7,849,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

Why Is There So Much Injustice In Our Universities? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is There So Much Injustice In Our Universities? (1200 Views)

Opinion: These 20 Courses Should Be Scraped From Our Universities / Injustice In Babcock University (a Must Read And A Must Share!!!!!) / TB Joshua - It's God's Will For Our Universities To Be Reopened. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There So Much Injustice In Our Universities? by mekk(m): 1:25pm On Feb 19, 2008
sadHello Fellow Nairalanders,
I am extremely alarmed at the degree of rot in our Universities.how can one meet the prescribed admission requirements for a course and then you are denied of it completely.It is even more tear-jerking when it is coming from a "supposed" best and  highly regarded institution like Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife(OAU).
  Having scored a total aggregate of 230 and 282 for Jamb and Post-Jamb respectively I expect that a reputable Institution like OAU should overlook their usual man-know-man thing and do what is right for the love of God.But that is not the case they would rather bring in some ploy like tribalsm,politics and the rest to deny you admission not once,not twice for myself.
    Does any one know where it is stated in the bronchure that mathematics is needed for a course like sociology and anthropology?Of course that was the flimsy reason they gave for not offering me admission.Can't they just stop toying with someone's life,career and future?first of all,I do not see what mathematics has got to do with Sociology but, in any case if they so need it they should have clearly stated it in the bronchure and stop taking it out on student like myself.Tomorrow some will start preaching patrotism.Tell me,how can one be patrotic in a society where he/she is being treated like some second citizen?where those who should know better by setting the standards are found wanting in alot of ways and where admission into a University is given based on who you know and not what you know.Tribalism and favouritism is always there to blend the whole thing.Believe me pals,it is really sickening and frustrating to say the least.I am sick of everything about this country.nothing works.nothing whatsover.I just hope someone somewhere will get up and do something to help our beloved country because I know I'm certainly not the only person in the same predicament and no one will  be proud to be a citizen of country where he/she is being robbed of practically everything.I'm glad I could shared this stuff with y'all. Thanks,
Wonna give me some advice? You're welcome!My email address is mekky@india.com
Re: Why Is There So Much Injustice In Our Universities? by therationa(m): 1:56pm On Feb 19, 2008
We need education in scientific rationalism to counter the lurch towards superstition. Read this article;
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-110965.0.html#msg1972234
Re: Why Is There So Much Injustice In Our Universities? by vowiski(m): 3:07pm On Feb 19, 2008
bro i m getting pissed off ma self.
i heard they sell 2.1 ln unillag for 180k
Re: Why Is There So Much Injustice In Our Universities? by dapsycool(m): 3:46pm On Feb 19, 2008
unilag very true lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is There So Much Injustice In Our Universities? by sect(m): 5:10pm On Feb 19, 2008
Mekk i feel ur pain. 282 is high enough to fetch anyone his desired course in any university. A Bad politics is surely going on in that school.

(1) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Graduates / Imsu 1st Admission List Is Out / Tution Fees In Ghanaian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.