Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices - Phones (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (180715 Views)

Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:27am On Jan 02, 2013
waleski: In house people does it work on a mtn fastlink modem, av tried it but it doesn't connect undecided
If it is 'unlocked', it should work. You should remember that, you have to create a new profile for the Glo BB to work on the MTN Modem.
Name: Glo Blackberry
APN: blackberry.net
Leave the username and password blank and make this profile 'Default'. You should be able to browse afterwards.
Again, you must have an active Glo BB subscription plan for this stuff to work. Therefore, should you prefer Coweek for N400 with a data volume of 700MB, text Coweek to 777 now and it will last for 7 days. However, should you prefer Comonth for N1,400 with a data volume of 3GB, text Comonth to 777 now and it will last for 30 days. Should you also prefer Somonth for N1,200 with a data volume of 3GB, text Somonth to 777 now and it will also last for 30 days. Cheers.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 02, 2013
jude33084:

Are you using iphone4?

one x
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Chitexs250(m): 9:26am On Jan 02, 2013
luluosas: Here are the Glo Blackberry plans and their data cap.

1. Balackberry Social Week Plan:
Keyword: SoWeek
Price: N400
Data Volume: 700MB

Duration: 7 Days

2. Blackberry Social Month Plan:
Keyword: SoMonth
Price: N1,200
Data Volume: 3GB

Duration: 30 Days

3. Blackberry Complete Week Plan:
Keyword: CoWeek
Price: N400

4. Blackberry Complete plan:
Keyword: CoMonth
Price: N1,400

5. Blackberry Internet Service Week Plan:
Keyword: BisWeek
Price: N900
Data Volume: 700MB (not sure)

6. Blackberry Internet Service Month Plan:
Keyword: BisMonth
Price: N2,800

7. Blacberry Enterprise Solution Week Plan:
Keyword: BesWeek
Price: N1,400

8. Blackberry Enterprise Solution Month Plan:
Keyword: BesMonth
Price: N4,200

So can we also subscribe with #1200 and get the same data amount which is 3GB
Urgent reply
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:35am On Jan 02, 2013
Chitexs250:

So can we also subscribe with #1200 and get the same data amount which is 3GB
Urgent reply
Yes, just text 'Somonth' to 777 now.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 02, 2013
whats d dif btw d 1200 n 1400 plan?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by sinade1(m): 9:56am On Jan 02, 2013
I cant browse with my ZTE modem despite this status: Your account is ACTIVE and will expire on 30/01/2013 17:57. You are on Comonth.Your remaining volume is 3072 Mb.Your renewal status is ACCEPTED.You have 0 Blackberry bonus on your account:

I am sure it has to do with settings. Which settings should i adjust?

Also, how do we subscribe for more data e.g 6GB?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:07am On Jan 02, 2013
tumababa: whats d dif btw d 1200 n 1400 plan?
The difference between these plans are only noticed when you are using these plans on a Blackberry phones, as they are programmed to operate with certain limits, hence the different Blackberry services that are being offered by the various telecoms providers.
But, when using these BB plans on other phones/modems/tablets, it does not show any difference and it does not matter which plan you choose to use, as you can 'only' use your allocated data volume associated with the different plan you may prefer, irrespective of what you decides to use it and how you use it on the internet. So, you can do whatever you want to do, download whatever you want to download and visit whatever site you want to visit without any form of restrictions from Glo.
When using them on a Blackberry phones, the Somonth (N1,200 3GB) gives you access to Social network sites such as Facebook, twitter, yahoo and other social network providers. Whenever you visit any other sites outside these social network sites, your airtime will be deducted instead of your BB subscription plan.
As for the Comonth (N1,400 3GB) plan on a BB phone, you will able to open about 5 emails as well as visit other sites outside social networks but, YouTube not inclusive.
Please, my explanation is self adduced which may not be accurate and correct because, I have never use a BB phone. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Shnx: 10:26am On Jan 02, 2013
luluosas:
The difference between these plans are only noticed when you are using these plans on a Blackberry phones, as they are programmed to operate with certain limits, hence the different Blackberry services that are being offered by the various telecoms providers.
But, when using these BB plans on other phones/modems/tablets, it does not show any difference and it does not matter which plan you choose to use, as you can 'only' use your allocated data volume associated with the different plan you may prefer, irrespective of what you decides to use it and how you use it on the internet. So, you can do whatever you want to do, download whatever you want to download and visit whatever site you want to visit without any form of restrictions from Glo.
When using them on a Blackberry phones, the Somonth (N1,200 3GB) gives you access to Social network sites such as Facebook, twitter, yahoo and other social network providers. Whenever you visit any other sites outside these social network sites, your airtime will be deducted instead of your BB subscription plan.
As for the Comonth (N1,400 3GB) plan on a BB phone, you will able to open about 5 emails as well as visit other sites outside social networks but, YouTube not inclusive.
Please, my explanation is self adduced which may not be accurate and correct because, I have never use a BB phone. Thank you.

You are right. "SO" in SOMONTH, is for Social networks. You will only notice the difference btw N1200 & N1400 plan when you are using Blackberry.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:42am On Jan 02, 2013
sinade1:
I cant browse with my ZTE modem despite this status: Your account is ACTIVE and will expire on 30/01/2013 17:57. You are on Comonth.Your remaining volume is 3072 Mb.Your renewal status is ACCEPTED.You have 0 Blackberry bonus on your account:

Please, go to Tools --> Options --> Profile Management --> Add
Well, follow the images I attached here according to how they appear and you should be good to go. Please, if you are not clear, don't hesitate to get back. Thank you.

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:48am On Jan 02, 2013
sinade1:

For now, all you have to do is buy two volumes of Comonth (N1,400 X 2 = N2,800) or Somonth (N1,200 X 2 = (N2,400) and you will get the 6GB data volume on your line. But, I don't know if your BB subscription can add up (Roll over) on Glo. However, I will call Glo customer care to inquire now. Just wait for my next post on this.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Shnx: 10:52am On Jan 02, 2013
luluosas:
Please, go to Tools --> Options --> Profile Management --> Add
Well, follow the images I attached here according to how they appear and you should be good to go. Please, if you are not clear, don't hesitate to get back. Thank you.

Thanks,I have done it. It is actually different on ZTE modem: Settings--->3G Settings--->APN Settings
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 02, 2013
luluosas:
For now, all you have to do is buy two volumes of Comonth (N1,400 X 2 = N2,800) or Somonth (N1,200 X 2 = (N2,400) and you will get the 6GB data volume on your line. But, I don't know if your BB subscription can add up (Roll over) on Glo. However, I will call Glo customer care to inquire now. Just wait for my next post on this.

bros d u av a special nos u call in glo? i hear complains dat its not easy to call glo cc but u call and even get email reply from them. u really get mouth for there
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by sinade1(m): 10:58am On Jan 02, 2013
tumababa:

bros d u av a special nos u call in glo? i hear complains dat its not easy to call glo cc but u call and even get email reply from them. u really get mouth for there

Big mouth, i guess. grin grin grin
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:05am On Jan 02, 2013
Shnx:

You are right. "SO" in SOMONTH, is for Social networks. You will only notice the difference btw N1200 & N1400 plan when you are using Blackberry.
OK. Thank you for updating.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:25am On Jan 02, 2013
Shnx:

Thanks,I have done it. It is actually different on ZTE modem: Settings--->3G Settings--->APN Settings
As you can see from the images I attached, Glo NETPRO came with a ZTE Modem. Maybe there are other Glo NETPRO with other manufacturers but, the one I bought before was a ZTE and the images I attached was from a ZTE software on my computer right now. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:44am On Jan 02, 2013
tumababa:

Not at all. To get a quicker and faster response from Glo, just dial 171 and you will be charged N20 for the call. That's all.
As for the emails reply from Glo, it is true.
For general complaints, email customercare@gloworld.com
For 3G issues, email 3gsupport@gloworld.com
For Blackberry complains, email blackberry.techsupport@gloworld.com
I have been receiving replies from the above email addresses except corporatecare@gloworld.com
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Shnx: 11:44am On Jan 02, 2013
luluosas:
As you can see from the images I attached, Glo NETPRO came with a ZTE Modem. Maybe there are other Glo NETPRO with other manufacturers but, the one I bought before was a ZTE and the images I attached was from a ZTE software on my computer right now. Thank you.

I have put all those settings and even made Glo Blackberry profile default. It is not connected yet. Cant find "Dial Number" field though.

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 12:04pm On Jan 02, 2013
sinade1:

Big mouth, i guess. grin grin grin
How is being sincere amounts to big mouth?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Shnx: 12:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
luluosas:
How is being sincere amounts to big mouth?

LMAO grin grin grin
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 12:58pm On Jan 02, 2013
Shnx:

I have put all those settings and even made Glo Blackberry profile default. It is not connected yet. Cant find "Dial Number" field though.
I am sorry I may not be able to help from here as you are on #G Hotspot application. I don't know anything about that at all.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by omoboy08(m): 1:14pm On Jan 02, 2013
newman10:

Is your speed up to this? Hehehe. See my screenshot
I ll post that of glo later, what part of 9ja b dis speed? My airtel not near it @ all

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by omoboy08(m): 1:25pm On Jan 02, 2013
i dont knw what dos netwk ll stand to loose if we use bis on oda fones. Afterall is nt free and some of us ll nt even b lookin FB again.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2013
Just like I promised earlier, a Glo customer care representative told me when I called 171 that, you can roll over your BB data volume, provided you are subscribing to the same BB plan. But, he however adviced me not to border that I should just wait for my subscription to expire and if there is airtime on my account, it will be subscribed automatically. I am not ready to do that now, I was just asking as a result of the question that @sinade1 asked:
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 1:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
omoboy08:
I ll post that of glo later, what part of 9ja b dis speed? My airtel not near it @ all
Abeg, post the Glo speed test make we see.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by lynxnoon(m): 2:22pm On Jan 02, 2013
i wonder why my DATA NETWORK keeps going off for long periods!! angry angry
i still have about 438MB of data left n it expires tomorrow
Anybody experiencing this? angry sad
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by celemel(m): 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2013
This doesn't work with an unlocked MTN modem. I've battled that since the last 5 days.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 2:30pm On Jan 02, 2013
omoboy08: i dont knw what dos netwk ll stand to loose if we use bis on oda fones. Afterall is nt free and some of us ll nt even b lookin FB again.
They don't really have anything much to loose as the Blackberry internet is rooted via RIM server in the US. That is why whenever RIM have problems with their servers, Blackberry services will be affected world wide. But, I am proud to tell you that, I am using Glo Blackberry plan on my Glo Bolt Modem right now.

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 2:36pm On Jan 02, 2013
celemel: This doesn't work with an unlocked MTN modem. I've battled that since the last 5 days.
Did you create another profile on your modem with the APN set at blackberry.net and leaving the password and username blank as well as making it your default profile? Do get back soon. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 2:39pm On Jan 02, 2013
lynxnoon: i wonder why my DATA NETWORK keeps going off for long periods!! angry angry
Yesterday, this was the issue but, since morning, it has been stable and steady.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by puskin: 2:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
tumababa:

So I have to spell it out for you.

kk......na GLO marketer him be.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by puskin: 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2013
lynxnoon: i wonder why my DATA NETWORK keeps going off for long periods!! angry angry

Switch to MTEL and experience true freedom. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (102)

Tecno M5 discussion thread / Android, Anyone? / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.