Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi (5601 Views)

Wike Hails Minister Of Transportation For Flagging Off Portharcourt-Aba Railway / Senate To Get New Nominee For Oyo - Vanguard / Official Final Results For Oyo State Just Announced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by IB5(f): 5:23am On Dec 23, 2012
It was jubilation galore by civil servants in Oyo State, on Thursday, as Governor Abiola Ajimobi approved free transportation service to and from their offices with effect from January.

The governor, while breaking the cheering news to the workers during an interactive session he held with them at the House of Chiefs, Parliament Building, said that some buses had been procured by government for the purpose.

He said that the buses would be distributed to various locations to convey the workers to the state secretariat in the morning and return them to the same locations after the close of work.

Governor Ajimobi, who said that this was part of his administration’s welfare package for the state workforce in the New Year, also announced the payment of 13th month salary for the civil servants.

He also announced that the workers should close for work on Monday, December 24 by 12 noon so as to allow them prepare for the Christmas celebrations the following day.

The governor also approved 100 per cent increment in car loans for the workers and disclosed that the taxes being deducted from their salaries had been reduced by 48 per cent.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/1577-free-transportation-for-oyo-workers-from-january-%E2%80%94ajimobi

1 Like

Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by Walexz02(m): 5:29am On Dec 23, 2012
Wao! 9ce to hear gud tins lyk ds.... God bless Nigeria
Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by olabukola: 5:37am On Dec 23, 2012
This means that the Gov will purchase staff bus to acheive this aim. Another waste of govenment money ala okorosha of imo state.

2 Likes

Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by lekzy007(m): 6:31am On Dec 23, 2012
olabukola: This means that the Gov will purchase staff bus to acheive this aim. Another waste of govenment money ala okorosha of imo state.

The buses has been bought already and is for the benefit of the masses didnt see it as a waste of money atall..my own opinion

1 Like

Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by PaulJohn1: 8:42am On Dec 23, 2012
Wow!
This is highly commendable but its sustainability is in question.

Well, Oyo's productivity is high, let's hope she'll be able to bear it.
Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by redsun(m): 8:57am On Dec 23, 2012
Misplaced priorities.Free transport for orkers that are getting paid,asell as 48 percent tax reduction.How is he going to make up for the loses?
Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by engrfcuksmtin(m): 9:39am On Dec 23, 2012
OK
Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:50am On Dec 23, 2012
Nice one. I love this
Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by Afam4eva(m): 9:55am On Dec 23, 2012
Just when we're clamoring for the reduction of resources expended on recurrent expenditure, this governor goes ahead to use money that will be more beneficial to the entire populace for a selected few and some people are here commending him.

2 Likes

Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:57am On Dec 23, 2012
Nice move.

1 Like

Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by redsun(m): 10:00am On Dec 23, 2012
afam4eva: Just when we're clamoring for the reduction of resources expended on recurrent expenditure, this governor goes ahead to use money that will be more beneficial to the entire populace for a selected few and some people are here commending him.

They think societies runs on emptiness,powered by some aliens,that is why they rob themselves of what they need to survive.Forgetting that it is a perpetually give and take phenomenon.
Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by Tolexander: 10:00am On Dec 23, 2012
omo rere a ma ti inu ibon jade bi (can a good thing come out of a barrel)?
Free transportation for oyo state workers as if oyo state workers have nothing to pay for it. Who knows if the free transportation cost would even outweight their initial personal cost for transportation when they give them their salary after the 'free' transport had been deducted.
SMH for the nigerian politcians and their propraganda!
Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by Aphrygian(m): 10:03am On Dec 23, 2012
You PDP and 4olappy crew una welldone.you better stop this ur attitude.its making u guys look stupid.lets say it was uncle jona dat did dis 'it would have been another story for you guys'.well my 2cents o

1 Like

Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by wellmax(m): 10:04am On Dec 23, 2012
Black belle people just too much for NL. Do you ever see good in anything? I bet you must be having a boring life.

2 Likes

Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by redsun(m): 10:06am On Dec 23, 2012
Nigerians have a long way to go.At the moment they are too primitive and too shortsighted to run a functional mordern society.
Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by wellmax(m): 10:12am On Dec 23, 2012
redsun:
They think societies runs on emptiness,powered by some aliens,that is why they rob themselves of what they need to survive.Forgetting that it is a perpetually give and take phenomenon.

I admire your stu.pidity. Now clap for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 23, 2012
ca c'est tres bon pour Oyo.
Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by kaysy(m): 10:17am On Dec 23, 2012
Some Nigerians are just I.diots, if u guys should be exposed to the amount of money in Govt account, i swear u'l all be convinced that every citizens deserves a monthly allowance from the Govt.

1 Like

Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by wellmax(m): 10:19am On Dec 23, 2012
La Professeur: ca c'est tres bon pour Oyo.
Oui frère, très bon.
Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by redsun(m): 10:29am On Dec 23, 2012
wellmax:

I admire your stu.pidity. Now clap for yourself.

Imagine this "stackly" blind that tend to see,monkey.

Fck all yor!
Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 23, 2012
I think it's a commendable policy, even though we can't be sure how sustainable it is. At least it directly adds economic value to workers' lives. Ajimobi's arrogant and elitist ACN counterpart in Lagos should borrow a leaf; you don't run a government by senselessly banning this and that, without policies that benefit the ordinary people in discernible ways.

3 Likes

Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by Kx: 10:33am On Dec 23, 2012
kaysy: Some Nigerians are just I.diots, if u guys should be exposed to the amount of money in Govt account, i swear u'l all be convinced that every citizens deserves a monthly allowance from the Govt.
Exactly
When was d last time a serving governor rendered account of d security vote for instance.
Even if they are providing free trans for a select few, is it not better than none?
I bet some peeps would rather d governor bougth private jet with the money than expense it on masses oriented service albeith govt workers.

1 Like

Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by tboyunited: 10:44am On Dec 23, 2012
Pls how many states in Nigeria pays 13 mon. Salary

gud work by the governor.

2 Likes

Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by wellmax(m): 10:53am On Dec 23, 2012
redsun:

Imagine this "stackly" blind that tend to see,monkey.

Fck all yor!

This guy is just a clown, you don't have to publicise your idi0city, we know its peculiar to you. Take this advice, check up †ђε meaning of words before you use them. Mofo!

1 Like

Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by omiobo: 10:56am On Dec 23, 2012
afam4eva: Just when we're clamoring for the reduction of resources expended on recurrent expenditure, this governor goes ahead to use money that will be more beneficial to the entire populace for a selected few and some people are here commending him.

You be oliver twist. you don't know what you want. You blamed fashola for not considering the welfare of lagosians. And now you are blaming Ajimobi for considering welfare of Oyo workers.
I tire for you o

3 Likes

Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by talkmarkay(m): 10:58am On Dec 23, 2012
Tolexander: omo rere a ma ti inu ibon jade bi (can a good thing come out of a barrel)?
Free transportation for oyo state workers as if oyo state workers have nothing to pay for it. Who knows if the free transportation cost would even outweight their initial personal cost for transportation when they give them their salary after the 'free' transport had been deducted.
SMH for the nigerian politcians and their propraganda!

Which one is better?

Taking care of the worker's transportation or
Purchasing of a private Jet like some Governors

1 Like

Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by Afam4eva(m): 11:00am On Dec 23, 2012
omiobo:

You be oliver twist. you don't know what you want. You blamed fashola for not considering the welfare of lagosians. And now you are blaming Ajimobi for considering welfare of Oyo workers.
I tire for you o
Isn't there any difference between the two bolded? Workers are less than 5% of the population and he's spending that much on them. Are they not being paid salaries? Very soon he would buy houses for them and pay their utitlities bill too. In this part of the world 1diocyb reigns supreme in government. It's funny that the same people who were against free education in Imo state citing the fact that it's not sustainable are here commending this waste of resources.
Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by wellmax(m): 11:13am On Dec 23, 2012
afam4eva:
Isn't there any difference between the two bolded? Workers are less than 5% of the population and he's spending that much on them. Are they not being paid salaries? Very soon he would buy houses for them and pay their utitlities bill too. In this part of the world 1diocyb reigns supreme in government. It's funny that the same people who were against free education in Imo state citing the fact that it's not sustainable are here commending this waste of resources.

Guy go get a life. Why are you taking panadol for another man's headache. Did I hear you say OYO workers are less than 5% of total population? Did you also say govt is spending too much on a welfare package. Morons like you don't deserve a response. You don't have facts Äπϑ its evident you don't use your brain.
Put sentiments apart, commend what is commendable and condem what is condemnable.

3 Likes

Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by Afam4eva(m): 11:16am On Dec 23, 2012
wellmax:

Guy go get a life. Why are you taking panadol for another man's headache. Did I hear you say OYO workers are less than 5% of total population? Did you also say govt is spending too much on a welfare package. Morons like you don't deserve a response. You don't have facts Äπϑ its evident you don't use your brain.
Only a person bereaved of intelligence would highlight what i supposedly said wrong without countering my assertions with a superior argument. You're nothing but a moronic dingbat.
Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by wellmax(m): 11:21am On Dec 23, 2012
afam4eva:
Only a person bereaved of intelligence would highlight what i supposedly said wrong without countering my assertions with a superior argument. You're nothing but a moronic dingbat.
Like I said you don't deserve a response. Pocket your stupeedity, take it to your village Äπϑ distribute to your peeps.
Merry Xmas

3 Likes

Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by Olaone1: 11:25am On Dec 23, 2012
wellmax:

Put sentiments apart, commend what is commendable and condem what is condemnable.
Yes they are less than 5%.

I think he re-painted some FGN-assisted mass transit buses
Re: Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi by Afam4eva(m): 11:27am On Dec 23, 2012
wellmax:
Like I said you don't deserve a response. Pocket your stupeedity, take it to your village Äπϑ distribute to your peeps.
Merry Xmas
I don't desereve a response yet you're quoting me. What was your JAMB score again? Merry stupidity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Secret Video Reveals Pastor TB Joshua’s secrets / EXCLUSIVE: APC Concedes 2023 Presidential Ticket To South / Bayelsa Guber Election: Sylva Remains Our Candidate – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.