Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Governor Theodore Orji Of Abia State Has Been Very Boastful Of The Abia Roads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Theodore Orji Of Abia State Has Been Very Boastful Of The Abia Roads (1545 Views)

My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election / EFCC Moves To Arrest Former Abia State Governor Theodore Orji / Peter Obi Vs Theodore Orji: Who Is The Worst Governor Of All Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Theodore Orji Of Abia State Has Been Very Boastful Of The Abia Roads by oukyouths: 1:13pm On Dec 23, 2012
Governor Theodore Orji of Abia State has been very boastful of the heaven-on-earth he has been building in Aba, Abia State. The much-touted are the 16 roads he has made awash in the media that he is building in Aba. However, on 22/12/2012, Odimegwu Onwumere, Poet/Author, took a routine tour of the roads and can authoritatively say that Orji is doing more that do not meet the eyes. The attached picture which was taken by Onwumere is the type of the hyped-road Orji is reconstructing in Aba.

--
Odimegwu Onwumere,
Poet/Author, Media/Writing Consultant and Motivator, Founder of PoetAgainst Child Abuse (PACA), Rivers State.

Re: Governor Theodore Orji Of Abia State Has Been Very Boastful Of The Abia Roads by demmy(m): 1:16pm On Dec 23, 2012
No wonder...
Re: Governor Theodore Orji Of Abia State Has Been Very Boastful Of The Abia Roads by emiye(m): 2:39pm On Dec 23, 2012
OMG ! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

i reject this in Yoruba land oh !
Re: Governor Theodore Orji Of Abia State Has Been Very Boastful Of The Abia Roads by vanbonattel: 2:41pm On Dec 23, 2012
Who is worse, orji uzor kalu or theodor orji?
Re: Governor Theodore Orji Of Abia State Has Been Very Boastful Of The Abia Roads by demmy(m): 2:41pm On Dec 23, 2012
Small dem go say Aba is industrialized. LOL. Patch patch roads.
Re: Governor Theodore Orji Of Abia State Has Been Very Boastful Of The Abia Roads by thejurist: 2:32pm On Jan 01, 2013
Odimegwu is a fraudster blackmailer. Your Boss, Orji Uzor Kalu and his Mother cannot command an ordinary mosquito in Abia State. Gov TA Orji has done 100 times more jobs than your 419 boss

1 Like

Re: Governor Theodore Orji Of Abia State Has Been Very Boastful Of The Abia Roads by thejurist: 2:41pm On Jan 01, 2013
Gov TA Orji is not boasting but working in Aba. He flagged 16 roads at a time in Abia excluding the additional road leading to the geometric station at Osisioma. God bless Gov TA Orji and to onwumere and OUK youths shame on you people. You cannot boast of one building built by OUK in Abia State

Re: Governor Theodore Orji Of Abia State Has Been Very Boastful Of The Abia Roads by bchineme: 3:07pm On Jan 01, 2013
Yes T. A Orji is really working in Abia and Aba, he has been doing what he knows best for his people and i pray that God will use him the more.

1 Like

Re: Governor Theodore Orji Of Abia State Has Been Very Boastful Of The Abia Roads by ulonnaya21: 3:53pm On Jan 01, 2013
Gov. T.A Orji is actually working in Abia with time it will be visible for all to see. Not everybody sees it now though. The not-well-informed will not disappoint you
Re: Governor Theodore Orji Of Abia State Has Been Very Boastful Of The Abia Roads by ulonnaya21: 4:01pm On Jan 01, 2013
OK. Yeah I remember this Odimegwu guy, always out to undermine Abia govt in anyway possible, even going to the extent of cooking up fake pictures to deceive people. He fails to understand that the Abia citizens are wiser now and cannot be led astray. We are more informed now Odimegwu, you really have to be more proactive and creative to keep up with present competition in the Internet world. Get upgraded brother, you boring like never before. Abeg!
Re: Governor Theodore Orji Of Abia State Has Been Very Boastful Of The Abia Roads by Abagworo(m): 9:36pm On Jan 01, 2013
thejurist: Gov TA Orji is not boasting but working in Aba. He flagged 16 roads at a time in Abia excluding the additional road leading to the geometric station at Osisioma. God bless Gov TA Orji and to onwumere and OUK youths shame on you people. You cannot boast of one building built by OUK in Abia State

Now that Orji is cleaning up the roads, it is left for residents to maintain the roads by not dumping refuse on the roads. Fortunately for Orji, Aba township was already built with underground drainages and pavements. All he needs is repairs and road markings.
Re: Governor Theodore Orji Of Abia State Has Been Very Boastful Of The Abia Roads by Nightshift(m): 10:17pm On Jan 01, 2013
Late Gov. Sam Onunaka Mbakwe built most of the major roads in Enyimba City without making noise. Orji, can you bring Enyimba City to the standard Mbakwe left it? A tough order ?
Re: Governor Theodore Orji Of Abia State Has Been Very Boastful Of The Abia Roads by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:29pm On Jan 01, 2013
Abagworo:

Now that Orji is cleaning up the roads, it is left for residents to maintain the roads by not dumping refuse on the roads. Fortunately for Orji, Aba township was already built with underground drainages and pavements. All he needs is repairs and road markings.

^^^The works i'm seeing in those pics look a bit ad-hoc to me undecided; you don't see any on-going works on the drainages (at least not in the pics)......and hopefully if it's included in the design, it will be underground ones, and not the cheap open gutters he normally likes to construct.

You talked of already existing underground drainages and pavements in Aba......is it the ones the white man left behind after independence? undecided; if so, surely they'd be in need of rehabilitation by now?
Re: Governor Theodore Orji Of Abia State Has Been Very Boastful Of The Abia Roads by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:37pm On Jan 01, 2013
Why do i get the impression there's no solid base underneath all that tar/asphalt they're slapping onto the road surface ?; that's why i said everything looks a bit ad-hoc, and not like the road construction you see in Akwa Ibom for instance. Talk of limited funds doesn't wash, as that's 'kobo wise-naira foolish'......it's better to spend good money on Aba roads so they're durable and look good to the eye, and so the next Governor can concentrate on something else and not have to revisit the issue after just one rainy season.

1 Like

Re: Governor Theodore Orji Of Abia State Has Been Very Boastful Of The Abia Roads by Abagworo(m): 11:00pm On Jan 01, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
Why do i get the impression there's no solid base underneath all that tar/asphalt they're slapping onto the road surface ?; that's why i said everything looks a bit ad-hoc, and not like the road construction you see in Akwa Ibom for instance. Talk of limited funds doesn't wash, as that's 'kobo wise-naira foolish'......it's better to spend good money on Aba roads so they're durable and look good to the eye, and so the next Governor can concentrate on something else and not have to revisit the issue after just one rainy season.

@bolded. That is how majority of roads in Nigeria are. Even the Akwaibom roads are exactly like that. Maybe you've seen them after painting and marking. Julius berger has ripped Nigeria off greatly for several years by giving us substandard roads. All the federal roads in Nigeria that have been grounded were done by Julius berger. I repeat that it is only in Rivers State that I've seen solid roads being constructed in Nigeria and there is no Berger here.

(1) (Reply)

Tsunami! Amaechi, Aliyu, Lamido, And 7 Other PDP Governors Are “on their way out / ................ / Former Governor Sylva Breaches Protocol To Shake Hands With GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.