Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election (18162 Views)

Army's Official Statement About The Abia NUJ & Soldiers Fracas In Umuahia / INEC Declares Ohuabunwa Winner Of Abia-North Senatorial Rerun / PDP Forced Me To Sign Fake Results–abia North Returning Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:50pm On Mar 09, 2016
In the early hours of Thursday, March 3, 2016 I was informed by a leader of the PDP Social Media Directorate that I would be part of the PDP Social Media situation team to travel to Abia state for the Abia North Senatorial re-run election involving PDP's candidate Senator Mao Ohuabunwa and other contestants including PPA's Orji Uzor Kalu, APGA's Dr. David Onuoha-Bourdex and APC's Nnenna Nma Okoro. The election was scheduled on Saturday(March 5), while I and other team members were supposed to be in Abia state latest on Friday afternoon.

While preparing to leave Lagos state for Abia state, I kept wondering whether I can do the task. I have never monitored election situation before on behalf of any interest group, not to talk of doing same in an area that wasn't a 'comfort zone' for me. That was indeed a challenge for me. At this juncture, I have to give credit to Mr Newman Ubani, the Senior Special Assistant on New Media to Abia state Governor Ikezie Okpeazu, for his continuous assurance of myself and members of the team of a memorable outing in Abia state. Another person worthy of commendation is Ikechukwu Iroha, an Aide of Newman Ubani. Ike called me while I was in Lagos and kept calling to check on my state of mind as I was about to embark on the Journey.

From Lagos To Abia state
On Friday morning at 4:30AM, I embarked on the road trip to Umuahia, Abia state so as to meet up with members of the team led by Prince Deji Adeyanju, the PDP New Media Director. The SSA Ubani and Ikechukwu continuously inquired of my state all through the trip. I felt so loved and wanted. I entered Umuahia at 4:09PM and I was greeted with a state that is highly misrepresented in the media. Abia state appeared peaceful but I kept wondering the reason behind miitary check points. At 4:15PM I was in Abia Line park in Umuahia, before getting to the park I was informed that the team have left Umuahia for Arochuckwu. That means I'd have to move to Aro(as it is fondly called). Ikechukwu apologised for not being able to pick me at Umuahia but assured me that my trip to Aro won't be trouble. Francisca, a member of the team informed me that I would board bus going to Aro at Aba park in Umuahia. At Abia line park, I met a boy named Chris and asked him to connect me to a tricycle(keke) that will take me to Aba park. Chris said, "Dei(meaning senior), Aba park no far na, we fit wakar go there". He accompanied me to the park and it was only less than 3minutes walk. I offered him N500 for the troubles but he declined respectfully saying that he's helping me for the love of God.

I boarded bus to Aro and while in the bus, I could hear the driver and other passengers discussing in Igbo language, but I could figure that it was connected with the election as they kept mentioning the names of Uzor Kalu, Mao and Bourdex. The road to Aro was in a sorry state(unlike what I saw in Umuahia), I asked the driver that "oga why una road to Aro de bad like dis", the man first response was to heap curse on Uzor Kalu(because he was from the zone). In the bus, I tried to inquire their preferred candidate and I couldn't believe when the name of Sen Mao of PDP was echoed by most passengers, whilea few echoed Bourdex(APGA). Not a single soul mentioned Nnenna of APC or OUK of PPA. According to them, OUK was insensitive and APC will not win a single election in Abia state. I asked of their assessment of Gov Okezie Ikpeazu and the passengers were singing his praise for the transformation of Abia state especialy Abangwa(Aba).

At Arochukwu...
On getting to Aro at 7:59PM, I was received by Deji Adeyanju, the indefatigable Sola Kuti(SK) and other members of the team including Marvin, Francisca, Uche, Justice and a member of Abia Online. Mr Uche, an Aide of Senator Mao, as well as an Aide of Governor Ikpeazu admonished us that they aren't desperate to win the poll but we should ensure that we don't condone irregularity in our situation report. Sen Mao told us that power is given by God and the people, hence, we should let the people's will be reflected. It was so rare to see a Naija politician make such pronouncement. I admired the calm of the Senator and his associates. SSA Ubani, Ikechuckwu and their Abia Online team were busy updating Abians through the Abia Online platform on Facebook and Twitter. I pleaded with them to consider opening an account on Nairaland forum so as to update Abians and get feedback(they are indeed doing great job on Facebook and Twitter). Deji, our team leader was so brotherly and made everyone felt like equals even when someone like me is the least in "class" among the group.

Election and Post Election Events
The next day was election day and we were all set. We monitored the situation Polling booth by booth, ward by ward and LGA by LGA. There was 5 LGAs in Abia North. From the results, Sen Mao was in comfortable lead in four LGAs including his Arochuckwu LGA, while we weren't able to get the result of Bende LGA that Saturday night. However, we were able to get the result of two wards in Bende, which were both won comfortably by Senator Mao of PDP. We slept that night only to wake up to hear that Uzor Kalu of PPA had manufactured 14,000 votes from Bende alone to reduce Senator Mao's led to just 192 votes. That was a clear case of fraud as NO single LG returned up to 8,000 votes, so why Mende when Mende wasn't even the most populated? Another funny thing was that The Sun Newspaper owned by Kalu and BreakingTimes were publishing that the election has been declared inconclusive when INEC's returning officer was yet to make pronouncement. We called the attention of INEC and the masses to that illegal act and as God will have it, Senator Mao was declared winner and returned as Senator to represent Abia North in the 8th Senate. It was indeed a victory for the people. Ikechukwu was a walkaholic. He took the team around and never had time for himself.

Abia State Is Working
That said, what surprised me most wasn't even the election victory, neither was it the fact that APC couldn't score up to 1,000 vote in the rerun election. What surprised most me was the look of Abia state in all sectors under Ikpeazu and the accommodating spirit of Abians. I had to spend the night in Umuahia with members of the team, while Deji and Justice flew to Abuja to meet up with a court case that was scheduled on Monday, I felt so much at home. The next day, I embarked on my journey to Lagos, and arrived safely. Abians are blessed!

Vote Of Thanks
I am most grateful to Deji for such rare opportunity, to oga Churchill, Sir Sola Kuti(SK), SSA Ubani and his Abia online team, Ikechukwu, my team members Uche, Marvin, Francisca and Justice for their support and cooperation, and the PDP family for their brotherhood and prayer. Thanks also to Abia state government and the humble Senator Mao, and his associates that made me feel like an equal in their midst.

I shall not forget to thank Mr Seun Osewa for giving me the opportunity to be known through his platform, his moderators, and esteemed Nairalanders for their support all through the years.

I shall remain a proud Ambassador of Nairaland!!!!!!!

May God Bless Us All and Bless Abia state

67 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:53pm On Mar 09, 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by bettercreature(m): 12:58pm On Mar 09, 2016
You finally got the share of the national cake

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
They Booked flight for themselves, and put you on a Night Bus To Abia State, thereby endangering your precious life for A filthy and petty cash?

Stop selling yourself cheap to politicians and their hooligans especially the Useless Deji..

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by dtruth3(m): 1:01pm On Mar 09, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
bettercreature:
You finally got the share of the national cake
Bro, it is not about national cake but about service to my country and my party. We are clamouring for young people to be more involved in affairs of our country.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by RareDiamond: 1:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
I wonder why they allowed a confused, ungrateful, untrustworthy, anti Igbo, ignorant and mischievous saboteur to be a member of the PDP situation room and allowed you bring your dirty traitor body to Igboland.

42 Likes

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by Beremx(f): 1:05pm On Mar 09, 2016
RareDiamond:
I wonder why they allowed a confused, ungrateful, untrustworthy, anti Igbo, ignorant and mischievous saboteur to be a member of the PDP situation room and allowed you bring your dirty traitor body to Igboland.
I saw this kind of comment coming. grin grin

"runs to viewers corner, eats popcorn and drink long throat Pepsi"

cheesy

34 Likes

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by Scholes007(m): 1:13pm On Mar 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Bro, it is not about national cake but about service to my country and my party. We are clamouring for young people to be more involved in affairs of our country.
thank you for the good presentation of abia state, a state that is always viewed by people as backward and failed state. Anyway did you visit my LGA(isuikwuato) and my home town uturu.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:15pm On Mar 09, 2016
RareDiamond:
Relax guy. I was confronted by a member of the team(won't mention his name) for my position on IPOB struggle and I expained to him. IPOB struggle has nothing to do with PDP affairs and IPOB is not Igbo race. In fact, I met an IPOB officer and we discussed at length. That is a story for another day.

So calm down...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:18pm On Mar 09, 2016
Scholes007:
thank you for the good presentation of abia state, a state that is always viewed by people as backward and failed state. Anyway did you visit my LGA(isuikwuato) and my home town uturu.
Yes, I did. The voters were so happy to see us. I chatted with some of them and it was like home away from home.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by Mynd44: 1:18pm On Mar 09, 2016
So you are a member of the PDP septic tank…….tank think tank. tongue

Well I prefer the PDP National Youth Forum to y'all. More civil people

11 Likes

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:23pm On Mar 09, 2016
Mynd44:

which one be civi and uncivil? Shey we go there go fight war?

11 Likes

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:27pm On Mar 09, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
They Booked flight for themselves, and put you on a Night Bus To Abia State, thereby endangering your precious life for A filthy and petty cash?

Stop selling yourself cheap to politicians and their hooligans especially the Useless Deji..
On the contrary, I chose to go by road for a reason(best known to me) and it wasn't by night bus.

As for Deji, he is a very useful man that we(young people) shoud be proud of though he may not be perfect.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

On the contrary, I chose to go by road for a reason(best known to me) and it wasn't by night bus.

As for Deji, he is a very useful man that we(young people) shoud be proud of though he may not be perfect.

Deji a Useful Man? TonyeBarcanista you have lost it?

25 Likes

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by Scholes007(m): 1:31pm On Mar 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Yes, I did. The voters were so happy to see us. I chatted with some of them and it was like home away from home.
I have this great love for my home state/town. Though i maybe biased sometimes in my judgement when it pertain to this place but i feel over joy when ever someone present the state as it is. You are welcome to God's own state and i had wish i was opportuned to meet you in person, you would have enjoyed other pleasures of abia north the land of great men/minds.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 09, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Jealousy

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by erunz(m): 1:35pm On Mar 09, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

how does it concern you, is Barca complaining.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by erunz(m): 1:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
RareDiamond:
My brother Barca is a patriotic Nigerian, he might not support the Biafra course, but trust me he also want the development of the south East and even Nigeria as a whole

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by Abiriba1stson: 1:38pm On Mar 09, 2016
OUK is politically irrelevant in Igboland because he did nothing for us during his time as governor of Abia state, and we Igbos don't follow our leaders blindly be you a governor, king or president etc. The reason why we stand with some of our politicians at the federal level is because of Nigerian system where Ahmeds and Tundes sees Abacha, Buhari, Mohamed, Tinubu, Fashola and Femis as saints and turn around to paint Stella Odua, Ngozi and Emeka as corrupt.

I hope you enjoyed your stay in Abia state. And I believe you have seen how friendly and accommodating we are to strangers. If you still want to know more on how good we Igbos are, kindly visit different towns in Igboland most especially my home town Abiriba.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by erunz(m): 1:41pm On Mar 09, 2016
Mynd44:

call it whatever you like PDP Tank Have Come To Stay, APC also have there's you can ask to join.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:42pm On Mar 09, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Deji a Useful Man? TonyeBarcanista you have lost it!
I know that you are taking because of politics mate but in all honesty, DJ is a man that I pray for to climb up the ladder politically. He's a very useful man to the Youths, PDP and Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by erunz(m): 1:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Deji a Useful Man? TonyeBarcanista you have lost it!
Same way you hate Fayose, FFK, because they blunt with the truth

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by EasternPride: 1:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
Abiriba1stson:
OUK is politically irrelevant in Igboland because he did nothing for us during his time as governor of Abia state, and we Igbos don't follow our leaders blindly be you a governor, king or president etc. The reason why we stand with some of our politicians at the federal level is because of Nigerian system where Ahmeds and Tundes sees Abacha, Buhari, Mohamed, Tinubu, Fashola and Femis as saints and turn around to paint Stella Odua, Ngozi and Emeka as corrupt.

I hope you enjoyed your stay in Abia state. And I believe you have seen how friendly and accommodating we are to strangers. If you still want to know more on how good we Igbos are, kindly visit different towns in Igboland most especially my home town Abiriba.

Abiriba1stson?

First time I seen ur comment in over a year now. Chukwu Abiama nara ekele taa.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by ApcSucks: 1:44pm On Mar 09, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Deji a Useful Man? TonyeBarcanista you have lost it?

Stop hating on what you don't know

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:46pm On Mar 09, 2016
Scholes007:
I have this great love for my home state/town. Though i maybe biased sometimes in my judgement when it pertain to this place but i feel over joy when ever someone present the state as it is. You are welcome to God's own state and i had wish i was opportuned to meet you in person, you would have enjoyed other pleasures of abia north the land of great men/minds.
Honestly, I have learnt that it is wrong to judge a group by mere media narrative. In your LGA I made few friends that I promised to visit whenever I'm in Abia state.... And I meant my words

8 Likes

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by ApcSucks: 1:46pm On Mar 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

If I knew you were I would have arranged thugs and tell them about and you'll be lynched how dare you put ya filthy foot on home of land grabbers like you call em

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 09, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

I know the reason you are pained is nobody has invited you for such and Dakuku you put all your hope is still cyclical, structural and seasonal currently unemployed.

Join Kayode Ogundamisi in his zombie movies maybe the kings crumb might get to you

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2016
Im happy that tonyebarcanista had an opportunity to visit igboland and he had a swell time there frolicking with the politicians and the girls. I hope we can now remind him that igbos are not his problem and the issue of IPOB and their activities goes beyond what he sits down on his laptop and types.

Welcome back to Lagos and continue to have a swell time but Take a Stand on what you believe and stop romancing APC when it seems your voice is not being heard or when you are bulllied by Apc touts on social media

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by RareDiamond: 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2016
Does PDP affairs include calling Igbos land grabbers, opening you dirty mouth to say there are no Igbos in Rivers state or Delta State? You a confused and untrusted traitor. Saboteur !!!

TonyeBarcanista:
Relax guy. I was confronted by a member of the team(won't mention his name) for my position on IPOB struggle and I expained to him. IPOB struggle has nothing to do with PDP affairs and IPOB is not Igbo race. So calm down...

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Relax guy. I was confronted by a member of the team(won't mention his name) for my position on IPOB struggle and I expained to him. IPOB struggle has nothing to do with PDP affairs and IPOB is not Igbo race. In fact, I met an IPOB officer and we discussed at length. That is a story for another day.

So calm down...
Kindly stay away from IPOB struggle if you want your career to grow because some issues are too sensitive and emotional when you talk about them without getting the nitty gritty about it.

God bless MIZMYCOLI who always sees a good in you whenever i complain about your online actions to her. I pray you do well in your endeavour because you deserve it but dont antagonise you r close community because you want to be Saint Buhari when you know that the Nigeria political system can NEVER breed Saints but NEAR Saints

16 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did KOWA Party Shade PDP Nigeria? / More Breathtaking Pictures From IPOB Rally In Aba / Buhari Was Not Aware Rail Line Would Pass Through His Village In Daura – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.