Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

What You Need To Know To Become A Professional Web Developer - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What You Need To Know To Become A Professional Web Developer (1400 Views)

Professional Web Design And Development In Warri, Delta State, Nigeria / How To Be A Successful Web-developer / Which Programming Language Should One Know To Create A Quiz Based Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Need To Know To Become A Professional Web Developer by Sormeh: 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2012
I'd appreciate the web gurus here to enlighten us (especially freshers like me) the necessary softwares, plugins, etc that you should learn to be able to build functional interactive sites. Yawa-tide, Greenmouse, dhtml and other gurus, your contributions will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: What You Need To Know To Become A Professional Web Developer by yawatide(f): 11:33am On Dec 24, 2012
Step 1:
XHTML, CSS, Javascript.

Step 2:
A back end language like PHP, JSP, etc

Step 3:
SQL, MySQL, SQLServer, etc

Software:
NotePad, NotePad++, Dreamweaver, Eclipse

Others, feel free to chime in.
Re: What You Need To Know To Become A Professional Web Developer by mj(m): 4:38pm On Dec 24, 2012
Opensource like Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress - Plugins development, etc
Re: What You Need To Know To Become A Professional Web Developer by yawatide(f): 8:08pm On Dec 24, 2012
OP: I would make learning the above, step 4. Also note that even if it takes you a week to learn each of the steps, you still need months/years of experience to get to be a "professional"...and once you get there, it never ends - you will need to continuously stay up to date on the latest technologies otherwise you will become obsolete before you know it.

Good luck, and do report back on your progress!
Re: What You Need To Know To Become A Professional Web Developer by Sormeh: 9:08pm On Dec 24, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
Step 1:
XHTML, CSS, Javascript.

Step 2:

Step 3:

Software:

Thnks a lot. I knew u'd do it for me. Is it possible to get some video tutorials on these?
Re: What You Need To Know To Become A Professional Web Developer by Sormeh: 9:25pm On Dec 24, 2012
mj: Opensource like Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress - Plugins development, etc

Thanks mj. How necessary is it, learning Joomla or wordpress with the likes of css, jsp, etc?
Re: What You Need To Know To Become A Professional Web Developer by yawatide(f): 1:13am On Dec 25, 2012
There should be plenty of tutorials on youtube. I have found the weirdest videos on there so finding videos on coding shouldn't be a problem

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know To Become A Professional Web Developer by talk2hb1(m): 7:36am On Dec 25, 2012
If you dont have access to fast internet connection downloading videos on youtube is not advisable most especially here in Nigeria. You can get those tutorial for 200naira at computer village. When you understand web designing and programming you will need to work faster and deliver on time and budget, that is when CMS like WordPress, Joomla, Joomla,etc comes to play.
Re: What You Need To Know To Become A Professional Web Developer by elnino3(m): 8:06am On Dec 26, 2012
with d way most of these technologies are becoming obsolete i think its best u go open source n fast...but u must hv basic ideas of what she listed... but d greatest requirement that u should possess Is creativity n ability to add something extra to ur clients other than a web address.....just saying
Re: What You Need To Know To Become A Professional Web Developer by Sormeh: 9:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
el_nino: with d way most of these technologies are becoming obsolete i think its best u go open source n fast...but u must hv basic ideas of what she listed... but d greatest requirement that u should possess Is creativity n ability to add something extra to ur clients other than a web address.....just saying

Thanks.
Re: What You Need To Know To Become A Professional Web Developer by gurusoft55: 12:30pm On Dec 27, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
Step 1:
XHTML, CSS, Javascript.

Step 2:

Step 3:

Software:

At what stage do you think one can start learning/using dreamweaver? I wl rili apreciate ur rsp.
Re: What You Need To Know To Become A Professional Web Developer by yawatide(f): 1:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
well, what we code and a text editor go hand in hand from day 1. I have used dreamweaver but not as a pro. I just use it to edit/create my files (basically I stay in text editor mode). I would say, learn what I have taught you in text editor mode first then learn the intrigues of dreamweaver next. Why? Because one day you might find yourself without dreamweaver. What would you do then?
Re: What You Need To Know To Become A Professional Web Developer by ediko5(m): 7:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
Please can someone help me with a E-book or link to get a e-book that will give me the beginner's basic knowledge on web design.
Thanks
Re: What You Need To Know To Become A Professional Web Developer by ayaba(f): 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2013
Professional Web development Training for
January 2013
Courses Include: HTML, CSS, DREAMWEAVER,
FIREWORKS, FLASH ANIMATION,
BLOGGING, WORDPRESS, JOOMLA, DRUPAL etc.
E-MAIL MARKETING, WEBSTE
MARKETING, DOMAIN NAME REGISTRSTION,
HOSTING AND UPLOADING, GOOGLE ADWORDS
AND ADSENSE, SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
e.t.c
Register for classes @
www.nationalweb.com.ng/register.php

(1) (Reply)

Greenmouse Is 5 Years Old- Journey So Far / How To Get Real Nigerian INSTAGRAM Followers Faster-from A Fellow Nairalander! / A Well Designed Soccer Niche Domain For Sale.....www.soccerrig.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.