Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,599 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba (12409 Views)

People Gather Around Madwoman In Aba To Get Lucky Betting Numbers (Photos) / Ghost Caught on Camera in kano Burning? [ see photo] / Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by Naijalane: 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2012

The landlord of a two-storey building, Mr Joseph Nwachukwu, escaped death by whiskers as his property was gutted by fire in Aba, Abia.

Mr Chizoba Nwachukwu, the eldest son of Nwachukwu, made this known to newsmen in Aba Friday.

Nwachukwu told newsmen that his mother was on her way back home when she saw the house in flames.

``She rushed to see my dad alone in the room and saved him first before calling for help from the neighbourhood,’’ he said.

He said that the fire, which started from a tenant’s apartment, razed the building at 17 Joe Express Street, near Ariaria International Market on Thursday.

The eldest son said that his father who had been suffering from stroke before the inferno was rescued while the property, including cash was gutted by fire.

``Every other thing in our flat was completely burnt. All I have laboured for in life are no more. The only thing I have is this cloth I am wearing.’’

He said that the people who came to their rescue could not enter their flat because of electric shock from the boiler and gave the cost of the damage including cash to be over N3 million.

He alleged that the fire outbreak was caused by their neighbour , who allegedly left an electric boiler on.
http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/43177/2012/12/21/wife_saves_husband_burnt_2storey_building_aba.html
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by Ramcie(f): 6:54pm On Dec 24, 2012
Ayyah. Sad
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 25, 2012
Take heart. While some are celebrating thhe xmzss with wonderful gifts some are crying.

Different srokes for different follks ...
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by Skmoda360(m): 5:12pm On Dec 25, 2012
Ehyah, this is tragic.
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 25, 2012
Don't tell me that's the pic from the scene!

1 Like

Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by Bsmartt(m): 5:13pm On Dec 25, 2012
when there is life, there is hope.
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by toprealman: 5:15pm On Dec 25, 2012
Thank God they survived. Let no fire put asunder what God has joined together.

1 Like

Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 25, 2012
The caption(headline) on d front page & d full gist are unconnected..lol.
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by Akshow: 5:16pm On Dec 25, 2012
so sad
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by fapcrook(m): 5:22pm On Dec 25, 2012
ebenezer4o2: The caption(headline) on d front page & d full gist are unconnected..lol.
I wonder, nairaland and their captions, something else
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by paranorman(m): 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2012
ebenezer4o2: The caption(headline) on d front page & d full gist are unconnected..lol.
abi o. When i saw the headline,i tot of d wife being a 'superwoman'... She was just on time! Sad story dough 4 a xmas.if only they saw it comin....... .... ..
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by izenco2005(m): 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2012
cryFire men, where ar u. God will take control
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by moresignal(f): 5:28pm On Dec 25, 2012
House don turn to bank...3million naira? sad shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by luluosas(m): 5:29pm On Dec 25, 2012
Wow! What a courage. Thank God for the successful rescue operation. But, if it some of our today's ladies, they will say 'Oya gbi idi-ot'
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by frank1989: 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2012
Ramcie: Ayyah. Sad
dats really sad o grin
Ramcie: Ayyah. Sad
dats really sad o
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by frank1989: 5:35pm On Dec 25, 2012
paranorman:
abi o. When i saw the headline,i tot of d wife being a 'superwoman'... She was just on time! Sad story dough 4 a xmas.if only they saw it comin....... .... ..
me tink say she be jamesbond sef grin
paranorman:
me tink say she be jamesbond sef
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by Iaz93: 5:36pm On Dec 25, 2012
izenco2005: cryFire men, where ar u. God will take control
Firemen?? In naija?
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by Iaz93: 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2012
Too bad... I hope he recovers
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by dulphines: 5:39pm On Dec 25, 2012
moresignal: House don turn to bank...3million naira? sad shocked shocked shocked
According to the report, all that was lost, including the house values that sum bro. House never turn bank yet!

1 Like

Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by STENACO: 5:40pm On Dec 25, 2012
moresignal: House don turn to bank...3million naira? sad shocked shocked shocked
3million for that kind house. the woman no go leave the house if that kind money dey there
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by Iykebestbt(m): 5:42pm On Dec 25, 2012
U RE MY HERO.....the husband whispers
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by mrkels(m): 5:49pm On Dec 25, 2012
When I saw the headline and the burning house my first thought was OMG, how dd she do it? But now I know it wasn't as serious as the op stated even though all their properties were destroyed.

Btw...did anyone notice that malu putting his hand on his head and another snapping the burning house instead of them to do something? At least find ways to quench the fire through the safest possible way?

1 Like

Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by IKdImpeccable(m): 5:56pm On Dec 25, 2012
too bad!
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by GEJPFOOD: 6:02pm On Dec 25, 2012
Do u understand English? Re-read the article.
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by ignis: 6:04pm On Dec 25, 2012
I was thinking the woman is a powerful woman who entered the fire just to save her husband. Bt she was just on time.
Boiling ring has done and is doing more harm than good. No reasonable person should be using boiling ring in this 21st century. Electric kettles and jugs are there to use.
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by dridowu: 6:10pm On Dec 25, 2012
Love Wan tintin
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by Nightshift(m): 6:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
Enyimba City must be rescued by Abia State government as well. That city used to be the envy of other South Eastern cities in the 80's. Enyimba must not die!!
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by Onyeasi(m): 6:26pm On Dec 25, 2012
I expected much of action and ĤΛṖṖY ending.. Unfortunately, I met a sad story... So sad..
Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by bodejohn(m): 6:29pm On Dec 25, 2012
I wonder if there are still comprehension passages and question in our schools.
I will break it down for you folks, the man already suffered a stroke, he would have been burnt in the fire.
He was saved from the fire by his wife.
It is still an act of bravery for the wife to risk her life to save an already bedridden man.

1 Like

Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by dabrake(m): 6:44pm On Dec 25, 2012
Na that kain wife I dey find. Imagine sey the man sef even get stroke, yet she run go rescue the man. If na some women, dem go pray make the man die make dem camoflage sweet 16 dey follow rich men. Baba God, abeg free me this kain wifey.

1 Like

Re: Wife Rescues Husband From Burning Building In Aba by ozodimgba(m): 6:50pm On Dec 25, 2012
Mzsolex: Don't tell me that's the pic from the scene!
undecided undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

#theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged / Etisalat Mast Power Generator Causing A Nuisance / 24 Hours Nonstop Rainfall In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.