Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Questions For Anony About Souls - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Anony About Souls (19538 Views)

Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka / Do Human Clones Have Souls? / What's A Soul? Do Animals Have Souls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by MrAnony1(m): 2:27pm On Jan 13, 2013
mazaje:

The body is made up of billions of living cells. . .when they die off begin to rot away what do you expect?. . .So soul is the countless living cells or what?
Are you trying to suggest that these billions of cells all somehow came together and had this massive conference where they all agreed to share one singular consciousness?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 13, 2013
TroGunn:

Of course, the living soul is different from the body. Also, the spirit distinct form the living soul, though you lot try to make them same to fool the ignorant.
From Genesis 2:7, body + breath of life (spirit) = living soul (man).
Conversely dead man = {body + breath of life (spirit)} - breath of life (spirit) = body = dead soul. It's why the scriptures comfortably uses nephesh (soul) for dead bodies or corpses (dead souls).

I see you have disowned the "immortal" part of your soul theory - that's progress.

We are all here to learn , including myself and Anony. I do hope he has discarded the pre-existence of the soul and it's subsequent immortality after death.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 3:20pm On Jan 13, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Psalm 146:3-4 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish. (KJV)

Psalm 146:3-4 Put not your trust in princes, in a son of man, in whom there is no help. When his breath departs he returns to his earth; on that very day his plans perish. (RSV)

Do you see the context now?

plans perish ke?

So, if one was an architect and was building a structure and he suddenly dies the structure dies or what? Can another person continues with the structure construction

If the structure does not die, what then really died?

The bible said the thought dies.
Lol.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by MrAnony1(m): 3:48pm On Jan 13, 2013
TroGunn:

Of course, the living soul is different from the body. Also, the spirit distinct form the living soul, though you lot try to make them same to fool the ignorant.
From Genesis 2:7, body + breath of life (spirit) = living soul (man).
Conversely dead man = {body + breath of life (spirit)} - breath of life (spirit) = body = dead soul. It's why the scriptures comfortably uses nephesh (soul) for dead bodies or corpses (dead souls).

I see you have disowned the "immortal" part of your soul theory - that's progress.
First of all let me correct something; scroll up and read my posts. I never brought up the term "immortal soul" on this thread, you did. It is a very dubious way to argue when you try to pin a phrase you have created on me and then when I remind you that it was not my creation you immediately claim I am retracting from it. How can I disown something I didn't own in the first place? Please stop it.
If you want to have an argument with me please be sure that you are actually paying attention to what I am saying and countering appropriately. Don't create your own arguments, brand me upon them and then argue against the same argument that you created.
All I have been arguing on this thread is that the soul is distinct from the body and that it survives after physical death. My argument is not concerned with if the soul lives forever or not.

Now if you claim that body + spirit = soul, Isaiah 10:18 which refers to body and soul will be: "body" and "body + spirit". It makes no literary sense.

You are wrong. Greek "pnuema" has also been used to describe "mental disposition/state of mind/mental state" like the Hebrew equivalent "ruach". Clear example below:
Rom 11:8 - "...God gave them a spirit (pnuema) of stupor, eyes so that they could not see and ears so that they could not hear, to this very day". (NIV)
"..'God gave to them a spirit of deep sleep, eyes not to see, and ears not to hear,' -- unto this very day" (Young's)

Surely this does not refer to a sprit being but of a mental state of drowsines - as these other translations of same verse show:

"...To this day God has put them into deep sleep. Their eyes do not see, and their ears do not hear." (Intl Standard Version)
"...God has put them into a deep sleep. To this day he has shut their eyes so they do not see, and closed their ears so they do not hear." (NLT).

This is actually a direct quote from what Isaiah wrote concerning Ephraim, where Hebrew "ruach" is used for "spirit" --

Isaiah 29: 10-13 - "For the LORD has poured over you a spirit (ruach) of deep sleep , He has shut your eyes, the prophets;And He has covered your heads, the seers.The entire vision will be to you like the words of a sealed book, which when they give it to the one who is literate, saying, “Please read this,” he will say, “I cannot, for it is sealed.”12Then the book will be given to the one who is illiterate, saying, “Please read this.” And he will say, “I cannot read.” Then the Lord said,“Because this people draw near with their words And honor Me with their lip service, But they remove their hearts far from Me, And their reverence for Me consists of tradition learned by rote"...

Note that same "ruach" is the Hebrew word used for spirt in 1Ki 10:4, 5 - "And when the queen of Sheba had seen all the wisdom of Solomon, the house that he had built, the food on his table, the seating of his servants, the service of his waiters and their apparel, his cupbearers, and his entryway by which he went up to the house of the Lord, there was no more spirit in her. " meaning she was overwhelmed.
I'll admit that pneuma can also mean mental disposition - my mistake. However, pneuma also means angel, spirit, ghost, mind, breath, and wind. My problem with you is that you are trying to force a singular meaning of the word pneuma into all contexts including those that are incompatible with the meaning you are trying to propagate.

For instance when the bible talks about evil spirits or the Holy Spirit, it is the same word pneuma that is used. This shows that pneuma is used to describe a personal entity. It bothers me that you try very much to panelbeat scripture to fit into your doctrine e.g what you tried to do with 1Thessalonoans 5:23

Your choice if you want to hinge your soul doctrine on Solomon's question in verse 21, even though such a view contradicts his earlier statements in verses 19 and 20 - no difference in death of man and animal. If anything, his question demands prove from those who say that man has a different spirit that animates him to that of animals. Clearly Solomon understood death (Eccl 9:5,6,10) and that the impersonal life-force (breath or spirit) that animates a living man is same that animates a living animal(Eccl 3).

Eccl 3:18 - 21 (NLT) - "18 I also thought about the human condition—how God proves to people that they are like animals. 19For people and animals share the same fate—both breathe (OR both have the same spirit) and both must die. So people have no real advantage over the animals. How meaningless! 20Both go to the same place—they came from dust and they return to dust. 21For who can prove that the human spirit goes up and the spirit of animals goes down into the earth?"
The question remains why would anyone ask such a question of where the spirit is going to if it is believed that the spirit does not last after physical death

Also consider Ecclesiates 12:7 For then the dust will return to the earth, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.

It is clear Solomon knew that the spirit left the body and returned to God....also consider when Christ says "Father into thy hands I commit my spirit". Clearly when Solomon says that man is dust, he means the flesh is dust not the spirit.

I hope that with this we at least agree that there is more to man than his body and that a non-physical aspect of man leaves his body when he dies. What I do not agree with is your definition of a man's spirit as "impersonal life force"

Why the spirit is not an impersonal life force:

1. First of all it immediately contradicts your earlier depiction of spirit as mental state/character because it cannot be impersonal and yet be used to define a personality trait/character.

2. The word ruach/pneuma have been used used to describe very personal characteristics such as knowledge (1Corinthians 2:11), and even entire persons like the Holy Spirit and evil spirits.

3. I wonder how you can logically come to the conclusion that the very thing that defines a man's personality without which man is dead matter is itself impersonal.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by MrAnony1(m): 3:50pm On Jan 13, 2013
frosbel:
We are all here to learn , including myself and Anony. I do hope he has discarded the pre-existence of the soul and it's subsequent immortality after death.
Please frosbel don't jump unto something false that is a misrepresentation of my stance. I have made it clear on this thread that I am not arguing the mortality/immortality of the soul neither am I arguing the differences between soul and spirit.
I will only limitmy argument on this thread to showing that there is a distinction between the physical body of man and the real man which is non-physical and this non-physical aspect of man continues after physical death. I will call him the soul but I will oblige you if you choose to call him spirit, mind, consciousness, being e.t.c.

Please note what my argument is and what exactly it is about. Don't put words into my mouth.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by MrAnony1(m): 3:52pm On Jan 13, 2013
truthislight:

plans perish ke?

So, if one was an architect and was building a structure and he suddenly dies the structure dies or what? Can another person continues with the structur construction

If the structure does not die, what then really died?
Lol.
I really don't know what next to say to you. As it lies, I can't tell if you are missing the point on purpose or if you truly aren't following.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 4:03pm On Jan 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

Mtchew. The whole is more than the summation of parts. You have to understand that the brian is at the centre of our consciousness and our body system but we have blood, valves, nerves and neurons that have to work within and outside of the brain for our brain/consciousness to arise.

The word "mind" explains it, The brain is the organ while the mind is simply the result of brain working with the summation of other parts of the body.

cool cool cool
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 4:14pm On Jan 13, 2013
Logicboy03: Deep Sight

Furthermore, I can see through your Anonyism and Dinesh tactics to put in a straw man and try to phrase the mind as a "being" so that you can slyly insert the soul as being within humans.

The mind is not a being. Stop the lies. It is a function of the brain.

why not call the mind the output/result/intent from the brains action(scan) just like the output from the scanning from a computer.

cool
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by MrAnony1(m): 4:17pm On Jan 13, 2013
Kay 17:

The mystery of the physical. Spacetime isn't matter nor energy, and neither can it seen or touched or felt. Yet its considered physical.
I think this is inaccurate. Everything within spacetime is considered physical while anything transcending spacetime is non-physical. You are commiting the blunder of defining a qualifier as part of the quality it defines.

I'll show you what I mean with this question: Are Madagascar's boundaries considered Madagascar or the Indian ocean? Neither. The boundary defines the extents of both madagascar and the Indian ocean. Consider spacetime as such a boundary that defines the extents of the physical and the non-physical.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by MrAnony1(m): 4:19pm On Jan 13, 2013
Please guys, check out this video if you may.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwDavvndecE
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 13, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Please frosbel don't jump unto something false that is a misrepresentation of my stance.

apologies if this is the case, but the concept of immortality is that a person does not die and by inference even if the body experiences phsyical death, the person lives on.

This is false.

I have made it clear on this thread that I am not arguing the mortality/immortality of the soul neither am I arguing the differences between soul and spirit.
I will only limitmy argument on this thread to showing that there is a distinction between the physical body of man and the real man which is non-physical and this non-physical aspect of man continues after physical death. I will call him the soul but I will oblige you if you choose to call him spirit, mind, consciousness, being e.t.c.

You seem to have formed a habit of overlooking the beginning which is Gen 2:7. Here man is called a SOUL only after the breath of live animates his body. I agree the real MAN is his internal consciousness which is a combination of his spiritual aspect and body's physiological functionality.

The crux of the matter is this, when a MAN dies , does he remain in a state of consciousness , and the biblical answer is NO.

To suggest that some other part of MAN post-exists the body is to make a huge assumption that when a MAN dies he does not die completely but dies only bodily. Again this is false.

No part of MAN can exist without the other, he is a complete MAN because of the co-existence of his various ingredients.

This concept of a soul that survives the body is rather false and is Greek thought introduced and interjected into scripture by the so called ' church fathers' whatever that means.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by wiegraf: 4:30pm On Jan 13, 2013
truthislight:
cool cool cool

I don't even think it's a synergy per say, though it could be stated as so. The sum is greater than the parts. You have a car, the engine is responsible for combustion. A computer? The cpu is responsible for processing. A brain? It's responsible for consciousness. Really simple. Anything more complicates matters and seems completely unnecessary.

How did a machine become self conscious? Like the game of life, from simple to complex. Just like all nature, except the primary building blocks, more or else. Given billions of years and a nice great deal of time, machines as complex as us can evolve. The fact we're the only species we know of that has our level of sentience does not indicate some sort of deliberate design, at all. In fact it points in the completely opposite direction. But that's digressing a bit.

I can't remember where I read it but I understand all human tasks, processes etc can be simulated by a turing complete machine. In other words (in theory, we obviously don't have capable machines yet) a computer can reproduce any task a human can. That's obviously not a coincidence. I'll see if I can find my source though.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 13, 2013
frosbel:

apologies if this is the case, but the concept of immortality is that a person does not die and by inference even if the body experiences phsyical death, the person lives on.

This is false.

You seem to have formed a habit of overlooking the beginning which is Gen 2:7. Here man is called a SOUL only after the breath of live animates his body. I agree the real MAN is his internal consciousness which is a combination of his spiritual aspect and body's physiological functionality.

The crux of the matter is this, when a MAN dies , does he remain in a state of consciousness , and the biblical answer is NO.

To suggest that some other part of MAN post-exists the body is to make a huge assumption that when a MAN dies he does not die completely but dies only bodily. Again this is false.

No part of MAN can exist without the other, he is a complete MAN because of the co-existence of his various ingredients.

This concept of a soul that survives the body is rather false and is Greek thought introduced and interjected unto scripture by the so called ' church fathers' whatever that means.

Matthew 10:28And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 4:35pm On Jan 13, 2013
Kay 17:

I don't think proprietary context do or assist in understanding the mystery of our consciousness. The brain can't be effectively separated from a living body (within human experience) without losing consciousness.

Presently, the dynamics and the complexity of the human brain has given us insights to our understanding of languages, thoughts, awakening. More like our CPU. The biochemical explanations seem stronger and more practical than the soul explanation.

actually the coming to life of all this part that makes up the body is what the bible refers to as the "soul"(life) and it is not a distinct entity from the parkage
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 13, 2013
davidylan:

Matthew 10:28And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

care to explain this using Gen2:7 a the baseline ?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Enigma(m): 4:41pm On Jan 13, 2013
^ Put simply, to say something is transcedental is not necessarily the same as to say it is immortal. smiley

((((Also, understanding the real essence or the real being helps to understand why some would say that Jesus is God and the Father is God or that Jesus preexisted the physically incarnate Jesus ----- NB this is not to rehash the Trinity debate; just an explanation in light of my understanding of the context of the discussion here))))
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 13, 2013
frosbel:

care to explain this using Gen2:7 a the baseline ?

I think Jesus Christ couldnt be more clear - every man has a body and a soul. A body that inhabits mortality and a soul that transcends mortality. There is no confusion there.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 13, 2013
davidylan:

I think Jesus Christ couldnt be more clear - every man has a body and a soul. A body that inhabits mortality and a soul that transcends mortality. There is no confusion there.

if a soul transcends mortality , why do we need a resurrection ?

Also can you explain this scripture :

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Also in thy skirts is found the blood of the souls of the poor innocents: I have not found it by secret search, but upon all these - Jeremiah 2:34

How can souls have blood if I may ask ?

1 Like

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Enigma(m): 4:48pm On Jan 13, 2013
^^^^ Did Jesus resurrect? Did His "soul" die in the meantime?

What kind of body did He have after resurrection? smiley
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 13, 2013
frosbel:

if a soul transcends mortality , why do we need a resurrection ?

Also can you explain this scripture :

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Also in thy skirts is found the blood of the souls of the poor innocents: I have not found it by secret search, but upon all these - Jeremiah 2:34

How can souls have blood if I may ask ?

Easy. We know that the "souls" used here is a figure of speech. If Christ said in Matthew 10 that man can only kill bodies, wouldnt this verse then be a direct contradiction... stating that men have actually killed souls?

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 5:24pm On Jan 13, 2013
Mr_Anony:

By subjective thoughts I mean how three people can come upon the same information, their brains go through the same process to interpret it and yet these three people have three different meanings of it.

ok, consider this scenerio:

three students were in a mathematical class of calculus:

student one(1) was playing with his handset thereby reducing the intake of information that will subsequently form his memory based of the subject matter so, when the scan for the output of the stored memory is done the output is 40% correct. (ignoring efficiency of their respective brain)

Student two(2) was distracted by the financial problem at home thereby reducing his concentration and the intake of information that will subsequently form his memory based of the subject matter, so, when the scan for the output of the stored memory is done the output is 60% correct. (ignoring efficiency of their respective brain)

Student three(3) was fully concentrated and the intake of information that will subsequently form his memory based of the subject matter was not hindered, so, when the scan for the output of the stored memory is done the output is 90% correct. (ignoring efficiency of their respective brain)

based on that ^^^ analogy, the realisation of what they(3 student) were all exposed to differ since external and internal forces affected the absorbtion(information intake) of the reality they were all exposed to though similar information.

So, "subjective reality" is relative to our memory base.

We cannot all hellucinate the same thing if induced but rather different things based on the information storage we individually have in our brain.
Mr_Anony:
Three different CPUs presented with the same information will result in three instances of the exact same outcome.

the cpu did not have different internal and external interference, since they are not self conscious(alive) like the human and it source of memory depends solely on the input and as such it output is proportional to the input.

But the cpu mode of sending out it output is similar to that of the brain since it is what it has on its memory that it will send out.

(abi, can you solve calculus if you did not first take it in?)

so then, what part exactly does the soul play in that ^^^ if it is distinct?
cool
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 13, 2013
davidylan:

Easy. We know that the "souls" used here is a figure of speech. If Christ said in Matthew 10 that man can only kill bodies, wouldnt this verse then be a direct contradiction... stating that men have actually killed souls?

A Body is the MAN without the breath of GOD ( spirit) in him, a SOUL is a complete MAN with the breath of GOD ( spirit) in him.

Which is why we have a resurrection where the wicked dead will be raised back to life, judged and destroyed in their totality.

Btw, how can souls have blood, I am still waiting for the answer ?

Just to show you some bible verses that refer to a MAN as a living SOUL in his entirety.

"And they smote all the souls that were therein with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them: there was not any left to breathe: and he burnt Hazor with fire." - Joshua 11:11

How can a SOUL be smitten with death, if it post-exists the body ?

"King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And whatsoever soul it be that does any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people" - Leviticus 23:30

How can a destroyed soul post-exist the body ?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 13, 2013
frosbel:

A Body is the MAN without the breath of GOD ( spirit) in him, a SOUL is a complete MAN with the breath of GOD ( spirit) in him.

So please explain Matt 10: 28 in that context.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 13, 2013
davidylan:

So please explain Matt 10: 28 in that context.

Breath in this context is translated in the Greek as psuché and life in the English.

For example Jesus said in Matt 16:25

For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.

Again psuché used here to describe the gift of life that GOD has given to all men , those who are saved will have this life translated into eternal life while those who die in their sins will be denied this life after judgement by their complete and utter destruction in the lake of fire.

psuché: breath, the soul
Original Word: ψυχή, ῆς, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: psuché
Phonetic Spelling: (psoo-khay')
Short Definition: the soul, life, self
Definition: (a) the vital breath, breath of life, (b) the human soul, (c) the soul as the seat of affections and will, (d) the self, (e) a human person, an individual.

Also , this completely destroys the nonsense about an eternal life experienced in the lake of fire, for Matt 16:25 confirms that both soul and body, that is the body and it's life , can and will be destroyed in the lake of fire.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2013
Deep Sight:
Let us not fall into error. You do not have a soul. You are the soul. (In saying this, as we are at such an elementary stage of conditional consensus only, I will for now make no distinction between soul and spirit).

You are in fact that soul, not that you have one. This is why you exercise control over your brain. This is why you take decisions such as deciding to stand up now and take a few steps towards the door. This is a decision that you make, and which is processed through, and implemented by your brain. It is not a decision that the brain just by itself conjures for its own purposes to satisfy itself. This is the only way to sensibly regard your proprietary control of your brain. Because it shows that your brain is a tool, an organ, which enables you to apprehend and process physical reality.

As such, your question is upside down. The soul is not serving a function for the body. The body is serving functions for you - the soul. The body is enabling you to live, dwell in, apprehend and process the physical realm.

Simple.

Hmmm!

One more thing, can this "soul" exit the body just as the spirit exit the body?
cool
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2013
frosbel:

Breath in this context is translated in the Greek as psuché and life in the English.

For example Jesus said in Matt 16:25

For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.

Again psuché used here to describe the gift of life that GOD has given to all men , those who are saved will have this life translated into eternal life while those who die in their sins will be denied this life after judgement by their complete and utter destruction in the lake of fire.

psuché: breath, the soul
Original Word: ψυχή, ῆς, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: psuché
Phonetic Spelling: (psoo-khay')
Short Definition: the soul, life, self
Definition: (a) the vital breath, breath of life, (b) the human soul, (c) the soul as the seat of affections and will, (d) the self, (e) a human person, an individual.

You still didnt answer the question. What was Christ talking about in Matt 10:28?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 13, 2013
davidylan:

You still didnt answer the question. What was Christ talking about in Matt 10:28?

You don't understand the response I gave in the last post because you refuse to understand it based on your preconceived notions of the definition of a SOUL.

Don't start Anonys tactics of slithering about , won't cut with me. grin grin

Btw, how come you have not responded to my questions and I am here trying to explain a few of your concerns ?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by mazaje(m): 5:55pm On Jan 13, 2013
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by mazaje(m): 5:56pm On Jan 13, 2013
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Kay17: 5:58pm On Jan 13, 2013
Mr_Anony:
I think this is inaccurate. Everything within spacetime is considered physical while anything transcending spacetime is non-physical. You are commiting the blunder of defining a qualifier as part of the quality it defines.

I'll show you what I mean with this question: Are Madagascar's boundaries considered Madagascar or the Indian ocean? Neither. The boundary defines the extents of both madagascar and the Indian ocean. Consider spacetime as such a boundary that defines the extents of the physical and the non-physical.

So space-time is neither physical or non physical, so what's it? It is definitely of some substance. And your analogy didn't help. Madagascar is to the extent of its borders.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 13, 2013
frosbel:

You don't understand the response I gave in the last post because you refuse to understand it based on your preconceived notions of the definition of a SOUL.

Don't start Anonys tactics of slithering about , won't cut with me. grin grin

Btw, how come you have not responded to my questions and I am here trying to explain a few of your concerns ?

grin grin Believe me, i tried to understand your post but i could not do so in the context of Matt 10:28. Was Jesus saying that you cannot kill the breath of God in you that makes you a living soul? What then happens to that breath? Where does it go and how does it get raised up at the resurrection? with what body?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by MrAnony1(m): 6:09pm On Jan 13, 2013
frosbel:

This is false.
The bolded is what I am willing to contend on this thread. Whether the soul continues forever or eventually dies at a time in the future is beyond the scope of the thread.

I assure you I am not overlooking Genesis 2:7 I am only rejecting your interpretation of it.

The question is does the soul leave his body and exist consciously outside the physical realm? The biblical answer is YES.

This is actually true else Jesus wouldn't have talked about being able to kill the body but not the soul clearly showing that one can still be alive after the other has died.

This is false.

This concept of a soul that survives the body is rather false and is Greek thought introduced and interjected into scripture by the so called ' church fathers' whatever that means.
A concept is not any less valid just because it is held by people you don't respect.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Honors Wife, Says She Hasn't Stressed Him In 32 Years / Oladurotimi Saw Angels Wheeling Onaolapo Away / Woman Delivers In TB Joshua's Church (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.