Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

President Goodluck's Christmas Wish To Nigerians On His Facebook Page - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck's Christmas Wish To Nigerians On His Facebook Page (435 Views)

Nigerians On Twitter React To DSS Invasion Of Dasuki's Home / Jega Addresses Nigerians On AIT/ChannelsTV Live / Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Goodluck's Christmas Wish To Nigerians On His Facebook Page by Torch1(m): 9:50am On Dec 25, 2012
Dear friends,

I want to seize this opportunity to wish you and your loved ones a merry Christmas and a happy New Year in advance.

I feel the pains of Nigerians and that is why this yuletide period I have personally instructed that our roads should be worked on to enable you and your loved ones travel safely for the holidays knowing that this season brings with it the highest volume of traveler traffic of the year.

This administration also made sure that most of our airports received a facelift with the terminals rehabilitated and the runways upgraded.

Not done, we ensured that for the first time indecades, the cross country services (Lagos to Kano with stops in cities along the route) of the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) were revived just prior to the holidays to provide Nigerian masses with an inexpensive alternative to road and air transportation.

Nigerians traveled on these coaches which took them from Lagos to Kano beginning on Friday the 21st of December, 2012 at a very affordable rate of 1,500 Naira, with stops at many cities along the route.

This administration also took steps to increase power generation by remaining trueto the Timelines of the Roadmap to Power Sector Reforms which has seen history made on Friday the 21st of December 2012, when Nigeria’s power generation hit an all time high of just over 4,500 MW which I know is still not good enough, but which neverthelessis an improvement of what we met on ground to the end that as many Nigerians as possible can celebrate the holidays with power in our homes and communities.

I reaffirm to you that, God willing, Nigeria will witness a better year in the coming year.

Once again, on behalf of my family and I and the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, wishesevery Nigerian a very Merry Christmas and a most prosperous and Happy New Year. GEJ

http://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=489372214446491&id=105479482835768&refid=8&_ft_=qid.5825797756666583453%3Amf_story_key.-495086376089048010
Re: President Goodluck's Christmas Wish To Nigerians On His Facebook Page by BBPREYEgarri: 9:55am On Dec 25, 2012
God bless Nigeria, God bless GEJ.

1st to comment!
Re: President Goodluck's Christmas Wish To Nigerians On His Facebook Page by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 25, 2012
MILITARY ZONE. KEEP OFF. SPACE RESERVED. *Rushes to Mammy Market to hammer 3 Gulder plus Fresh Fish P-Soup*
Re: President Goodluck's Christmas Wish To Nigerians On His Facebook Page by gregg2: 10:54am On Dec 25, 2012
Well, power has improved tremendiously in my area of Lagos.
Re: President Goodluck's Christmas Wish To Nigerians On His Facebook Page by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 25, 2012
Doyin Okupe made this statement, which I think is very apt. Those still in doubt should take another "good look at Goodluck Jonathan".
Merry Christmas to all NLanders!

(1) (Reply)

Terrorism: US Dispatches Forces To Train African Armies / Attention Needed Mr President / Performance Report: Anxiety Grips Ministers •as Jonathan Revs Up Governance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.