Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Great App For Watching Live Matches Free! (android) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Great App For Watching Live Matches Free! (android) (1428 Views)

How To Stream Live Matches On Your Smartphone / Volunteers For Nigerian Premier League (NPFL) Live Matches. (2012/2013 Season) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great App For Watching Live Matches Free! (android) by naijagadgetboi: 9:20am On Dec 26, 2012
Okay, I already posted this in the phones section but since it's for the benefit of those that love watching matches, I might as well post it here as well.

Okay, just imagine you're stuck I traffic one fine Saturday afternoon. You're rushing home to watch the match between Manchester United and Manchester city but one tout has started a fight with a bus conductor and there seems to be no end of the traffic in sight....and neither are okadas. Or you want to watch the el classic but your mother in law wants to watch el cuepro del deseo and you know you've got to oblige the old lady. What to do? Enter Sybla TV.

I stumbled on sybla tv one day while rushing home from Ikeja to watch a match. Traffic was hell and I realized there was no way I could get home before the match was over so I started hunting for match streaming apps for my HTC Merge. Luckily, I found sybla TV on apptoide and since then, DSTV? Pshaw. Sybla TV streams live TV channels from the abu dhabi-dubai-morocco-tunisia region, meaning you get channels like mbc 1 to 4, and some other channels. Great thing about sybla TV is that it's not just for watching matches...you can also watch movies, news and documentaries....though most of the news and documentary channels are in Arabic.

As for the main reason for this post, watching live matches, Sybla tv features Al Jazeera sports 1-8 ad so far, I've been able to watch the Italian Serie A, Spanish la Liga, French Ligue 1, German Bundesliga and Portuguese Liga Sagres. I was also able to watch the Coppa Italia, Coppa Del Rey, Coupe della ligue and DFB Pokal.

I'm not a fan of English football so I've not checked if you can get to watch the English premier league, FA Cup or Capital One cup on sybla TV but it also has SkySports 1-8 and, as skysports is a British channel, i'm sure you can get to watch the Premier League and even the lower English leagues.

Commentary on Al Jazeera sports is in Arabic so get ready to watch matches with commentary you can't understand though that is a small price to pay for getting to watch the match instead of missing it altogether. Commentary on skysports is in English however, so premier league fans should get the best of it.

Resolution wise, it's a 50-50 issue. On the Al Jazeera channels, resolution is match dependent. Sometimes the resolution and picture quality are quite good. Other times it's just okay, though not great. However, skysports is always in High Quality so better for premier league fans.

All in all, out of five, I would rate sybla TV a 4.5.

I tried searching for sybla TV on the google play market but it wasn't there so I had to download it from Apptoide. Download and use of both Sybla TV and Apptoide are free. Data charges apply though so this isn't for 10mb data plans because streaming live Tv is data intensive.

Note: To use Sybla TV, you need to have MX PLayer installed on your android phone. MX player is free to download from the google play store. Sybla tv requires no accounts or signing up...just download and use. Pretty awesome!
Re: Great App For Watching Live Matches Free! (android) by Nixo: 10:52pm On Dec 27, 2012
Say a big BYE to Dstv. thanks poster
Re: Great App For Watching Live Matches Free! (android) by naijagadgetboi: 10:19am On Dec 28, 2012
Nixo: Say a big BYE to Dstv. thanks poster
You're welcome!
Re: Great App For Watching Live Matches Free! (android) by pendusky(m): 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2012
Thatz nice!

(1) (Reply)

manmen / Blessing Okagbare Crashes Out Of Rio 2016 100metres Event / Abuja Stadium Outdoor Hoops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.