Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,107 members, 7,867,184 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:55 AM

Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 (2573 Views)

N10million Bribery Scam: Presidency In Dilema Over CCT Chair / Presidency In Dilemma Over Four Gov's Secret Alliance With APC. / 2015: PDP Will Win, Presidency Tells Amaechi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by DuduNegro: 3:56am On Dec 28, 2012
ndu_chucks: Yaushe za su bar nijeria? 2099

Ba su da wajen zuwa! Su yan calabar na gabas, ijaw su na kudu, edo na yamma kuma mutanen benue na arewa n'su. Ba yadda za ayi su samu nasaran kai in ba na farko su kamala da jara raayuwa da yan ijaw ba. Sakamakon biafra, samun sugabancin nijeriya, dole su jara zama da bayarabe da kuma bahaushe. cool
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by DuduNegro: 4:47am On Dec 28, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Good to know you "care about us." But without sounding combative, wont it be nice if you show us what good the "organized and traditional top-down" political approach of the north and west has brought to Nigeria. I mean, lets say for argument sake all that you said of the Igbo leadership style was accurate, lets assume they are, then what? What about Yoruba and Hausa, does it mean Nigeria is doomed? Igbo has been out of power since 1966 yet Nigeria is not eldorado, in fact we all can agree its gotten worse. So, what really happened to the organized and wonderful leadership of the West and North??

You can see now that underneath that well structured write-up of yours lies the hunger to vilify and ridicule. I would like you to show me one positive piece you've done on Igbo since you came to Nairaland. For one positive write-up you show me, I will bring to you 5 positives I did on Yoruba.

Nigeria is in tatters because we all made her so, in fact I can confidently say that Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba, and Igbo destroyed Nigeria, we can pick the order in whichever form that tickles our ego but there's no denying that we all know that minorities didnt destroy this nation, the big three did in varrying degrees. Why not write about that. tell us how the three groups, in their bid to cheat the minorities, destroyed a promising nation. As much as most people dislike Sanusi, he at least has the balls to call a spade a spade sometimes. Making any meaninful headway entails that men suck up their ego and ethnocentrism and let out the bitter truth without finger pointing or sermonizing to other groups. It means you accept that you're equally bad, if not worse than the other man you've spent 42 years lampooning.

Sam,

I admire your passion for your people and I believe you and Odumchi are probably the only two that genuinely can carry the Igbo voice in discussions bordering on national politics. Abagworo is in that rank as well, if he can keep his eyes and hands off from schemes to grab other people land. Onlytruth will bear witness, as will dede, if we can get him to "communicate" in words instead of "parading" words, that I, Chief Negro, am a friend of Igbos.

I do not believe a co-joined destiny exist for Yoruba and Igbo and neither do I believe or want a co-location of the two in a sovereignty. Nonetheless, whatever success and progress is there to grab I wish it lovingly on your people as I lovingly wish it for my people. Does this mean we cannot co-habit? No! A healthy co-habitation that brings diversity and growth to our land is desirable. Igbo will always be welcomed. Each race of people is distinctly valuable and bring with them a comparative advantage which in a cosmopolitan exchange produces a dynamic that balances to create enrichment and growth for mankind and society. When you dis-invite, then you are left with an occupied and unutilized factor needed to obtain the desired balance.....

Anyway, on the question of what has so far happened in the absence of Igbo at the top, it ties in adequately with my last paragraph on "balance". Nigeria sits on a three legged stool. Imagine it to be a wooden stool. In the 60s all three legs were attached to the surface top. Termites invaded one of the legs and built a colony in it, from which they crossed over and began to eat the other two legs, leaving their colony leg whole and intact. The cross invaders were isolated and exterminated and the colony leg was also detached, leaving the table to balance on two legs. Every now and then it topples, spilling and wasting refreshments and food. We are tired of the wastes and would love to get the third leg reattached so we can have balance again. Unfortunately, everytime we inspect to see if the detached leg has been cured of its invaders we find new eggs harbored to build the next generation of deadly termites. The leg is complaining that it has been left laying in the corner too long and it wants its position back. To which I say, first. cure yourself of the deadly termites and their eggs and you will regain your post.
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by ACM10: 5:23am On Dec 28, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Nwannem, Chukwu gozie gi. Ka ekeresimesi nka, na afor ohuru nkea na abia wetara anyi udo na oga n'iru.
Ami o! udo diri gi. Ekpere mu n'isi gi bu ndu na oganihu na afo ofuu na abia.

I'm watching from the sideline how you are dismantling Negro_nts argument. You are blowing him to smithereens. . . grin Almost giving him Ndu-chucks treatment. smiley
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by igboboy1(m): 5:49am On Dec 28, 2012
alj harem:

I don't want to get into this discussion with you. I want you think as well. Ojukwu lost everything until he came back to Nigeria and WAS PARDONED.

Achebe's daughter marrying a yoruba man has no bearing on Achebe. Achebe might be a bigot while his daughter is indifferent.

how can some one from arawolowo's clan call another a bigot? its like osama bin laden calling Amazon Indians in Brazil terrorsits....

Arawolowo was a documented bigot, a refined tribalist, a proven ethnocentric chauvinist...funny enough these are the reasons i like Arawolowo...UNlike Azikiwe and other Igbo leaders thinking we can all hold hands together and sing kumbaya my lord...SMH....

Arawolowo is my hero and thats why everything I do is Igbo first before any other interest... All these igbo leaders that want to to please everyother part of nigeria are imbeciles, charity begins at home...

Brings me back to my question- how can an ofe manu call Achebe a bigot? Achebe loves his people (Ndigbo), just as my hero Arawolowo loved his Yoruba folks, cetaris paribus
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by nduchucks: 6:34am On Dec 28, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Ba su da wajen zuwa! Su yan calabar na gabas, ijaw su na kudu, edo na yamma kuma mutanen benue na arewa n'su. Ba yadda za ayi su samu nasaran kai in ba na farko su kamala da jara raayuwa da yan ijaw ba. Sakamakon biafra, samun sugabancin nijeriya, dole su jara zama da bayarabe da kuma bahaushe. cool

hmmm, Amma jamhuriyyar Biafra ne da magoya bayansu suna zato Eko da Port-Harcourt garinsu ne .........Za mu ci gaba

ACM10:
Almost giving him Ndu-chucks treatment. smiley

Afa m bu Ndu_Chucks, Kedu ka m si ga enyenwuru gi aka? I bu onye almajiri?
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by DuduNegro: 7:21am On Dec 28, 2012
^^^^

kwarai! duk shirye shirye da biafra ta na yi shine samun zama a bakin ruwa, ko na Ikko ko kuwa na Farakot. Bani da jawabi a gamme farakot amma kuwa gamme da ikko, bindiga da bam ba zai isa su ba........zamu yanka yan banza kamar yadda za a yanka karen da muka daure da bautawa ogun. ka gane?
Re: Why Igbo Will Not Win Presidency In 2015 by joeyfire(m): 10:56am On Dec 28, 2012
All this long essay to promote fashola 2015 candidacy. Must ethnicity be used for everything these ppl want to achieve

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” / What Is Happening To APC? / BUSTED!!! 7 Drug Men Busted On One Flight, Excrete 8.7kg Cocaine In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.