Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,475 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” (2558 Views)

Nigeria's Arms Deal: NAF Fires Indicted Officers, Appoints New Aocs, Psos / Rumours Over Arms Build Up In South East And Niger Delta / South Africa Seizes Another $5.7m Nigeria’s Arms Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by biafranqueen: 1:25am On Aug 08, 2013
Aug. 7, 2013

NewsRescue- Sensitive information reaching us details a very significant arms buildup in Rivers state in preparation for an operation against the elected governor who has been at odds with the president of Nigeria courtesy of his wife, Patience Jonathan who hails from the state.

Police in Rivers state are bewildered by the amount of ammunition being supplied to Niger Delta militants (terrorists) ahead of the operation code-named ‘Operation Amaechi Must Go.’

These militants (terrorists) according to the Intel are being repatriated from Lagos and Abuja to be involved in some form of armed action in the state to upset the government of the state, possibly by prompting the necessity for a state of emergency (SoE) to be declared, thus giving the opportunity for federal take over.

Read more: http://newsrescue.com/nigeria-arms-build-up-in-rivers-state-for-operation-amaechi-must-go-intel/#ixzz2bKgrURza
Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by Gboliwe: 1:33am On Aug 08, 2013
biafranqueen: Aug. 7, 2013

NewsRescue- Sensitive information reaching us details a very significant arms buildup in Rivers state in preparation for an operation against the elected governor who has been at odds with the president of Nigeria courtesy of his wife, Patience Jonathan who hails from the state.

Police in Rivers state are bewildered by the amount of ammunition being supplied to Niger Delta militants (terrorists) ahead of the operation code-named ‘Operation Amaechi Must Go.’

These militants (terrorists) according to the Intel are being repatriated from Lagos and Abuja to be involved in some form of armed action in the state to upset the government of the state, possibly by prompting the necessity for a state of emergency (SoE) to be declared, thus giving the opportunity for federal take over.

Read more: http://newsrescue.com/nigeria-arms-build-up-in-rivers-state-for-operation-amaechi-must-go-intel/#ixzz2bKgrURza

too much propaganda! Sheeesh! Don't you guys get tired? Every imagination of the heart, you attach skin and give it life. Na wa!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by koruji(m): 1:43am On Aug 08, 2013
I am sure u say this becos it just sounds downright ridiculous. But so it sounded when we heard that 5 lawmakers would try to overrule 27 but they did try - did they not? Be not surprised when things begin to blow up in Rivers. Our countrymen are that ridiculous.

Gboliwe:
too much propaganda! Sheeesh! Don't you guys get tired? Every imagination of the heart, you attach skin and give it life. Na wa!

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by biafranqueen: 1:45am On Aug 08, 2013
Gboliwe:
Better to be safe the sorry did you read when the former Head of State, General Abdulsalami Abubakar, cautioned politicians in the state and the country to put their house in order and avoid overheating the polity or risk a coup.

Speaking in Minna last Thursday in an interview with members of the Correspondent Chapel of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Niger State chapter, he cautioned that the country’s fledgling democracy would be eventually destroyed should politicians fail to unite despite their differences and avoiding stoking the polity with crisis upon crisis.

This is the guy that brought democracy in 14 years ago he should know, it was recently reported that Boko Boys were being flushed out towards Rivers and other states, we have to start being aware of what is going on and stop picking sides just because we are part of one political group/ethnicity. We need to let them know we are not in the dark and they cannot fool us into believing that the Boko Boys are not affiliated with our leaders!
Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by malc619(m): 1:46am On Aug 08, 2013
Gboliwe:

My friend stop being ignorant and myopic. I wonder why any right-thinking person will dismiss this going by the recent happenings in Rivers state and boasts made by some touts with Federal support.

Amaechi should roll up his sleeves and protect his people from the forces of darkness. The IG must shun partisanship and move to ensure that law and order is maintained in Rivers state.

All the good people of Rivers state must in one strong voice reject the satanic advances of Mrs. Sheppopotamus. Rivers state must continue to progress.

God bless Amaechi and the good people of Rivers State.

cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by biafranqueen: 1:59am On Aug 08, 2013
koruji: I am sure u say this becos it just sounds downright ridiculous. But so it sounded when we heard that 5 lawmakers would try to overrule 27 but they did try - did they not? Be not surprised when things begin to blow up in Rivers. Our countrymen are that ridiculous.

It is very sad and inconceivable how a First Lady that no one voted in start making trouble openly warning elected leaders, even going to the press and openly making it known that he better recognize who's in charge of the state, that she was born in. She should run for the Governors office and win.
Until then as the mother of this nation she has so much work to do with the youth that our being slaughtered in alarming numbers in this country. Sexual transmitted diseases and unemployment for our young Nigerians is proportionately high. We must think well and stop ignoring the hardcore truths!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by Gboliwe: 2:08am On Aug 08, 2013
undecided I still group this as a propaganda. When we let it fly around, somebody adds flesh to it and then . . . The polity is already on a time bomb, one slip from either parties and it blows up.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by Standing5(m): 2:16am On Aug 08, 2013
Jesus on earth just feeding her minority multitude with the modern day equivalent of Fish, Bread and Wine i guess. Now lets' see what uncle joe does.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by biafranqueen: 2:17am On Aug 08, 2013
One of the weapons that the people of Nigeria can use to change this country is holding our leaders accountable. When we let them know they can no longer fool us, they will have no other option but to change. How can this country be in this type of shape and our leaders are the highest paid in the world.

I have no affiliation with any party, because when you lay down with dogs you wake up with fleas. If you read my post you know that my views are not one sided.

Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by biafranqueen: 2:17am On Aug 08, 2013
Gboliwe: undecided I still group this as a propaganda. When we let it fly around, somebody adds flesh to it and then . . . The polity is already on a time bomb, one slip from either parties and it blows up.
Yes and so we should continue to be Mumu's after we have have been warned that pretending its all good is going to blow up in our face. Our youth should be distracted with Big Brother Africa while their future is being squandered away.

So are you refuting what I wrote and claiming that nothing is going wrong in Rivers? What the leaders our doing to us of course they will start to do to themselves, what goes around comes around, trust me they will all start confessing the truth to save themselves soon!

Yet and still I appreciate your comment wink
Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by birdman(m): 3:07am On Aug 08, 2013
Like Soyinka said, GEJ is probably not involved in this, but his actions may have emboldened elements who believe if they attack Amaechi, they will be looked on favorably by Aso Rock. If any kind of mishap happens to Amaechi, the whole house will collapse in a way that will make boko haram envious. Rivers state is a bigger concern than BH right now

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by ijawcitizen(m): 3:18am On Aug 08, 2013
It is amazing where peoples' imagination takes them.

Who is fighting Amaechi? Nobody! In a few months time, he wil complete his second tenure so the aspect of someone about to chase him out of office is really ridiculous.

Besides being the queen of a non-existent land, it seems the only reason why you have a reason to see the next day is when you cast some sort of aspersion on the president and his wife like APC agents do, I hope you don't choke of breath when he wins again come 2015.

And by the way, 2015 will also be the period when you'd stop eyeing ALL OF RIVERS STATE as part of your non-existent biafra 'cos an Ijaw man is taking over for the next 8 years in Rivers state. I hope I don't choke your breath.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by sEyi6: 3:41am On Aug 08, 2013
Gboliwe: undecided I still group this as a propaganda. When we let it fly around, somebody adds flesh to it and then . . . The polity is already on a time bomb, one slip from either parties and it blows up.

Bro, it sounds ridiculous. But I bet you would have said this same thing when it was still rumor that 5 lawmakers would impeach a speaker, that 16 votes would be more than 19 votes to determine who the NGF chairman is.
Another latest is the emergence of bokoharam in Lagos, Ogun and Rivers state. Don't they all sound insane to you? Boko haram jumps all states on their way and preferred to only hide in states that the governments are not in good term with Mr. President.
Could all these be coincidence?
Logic should tell you how desperate this present GEJ government is in returning to power.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by Nobody: 4:44am On Aug 08, 2013
I was the first person to say it on nairaland that Jonathan has something to do with Boko Haram crisis. It is becoming clearer to the smart ones to figure it out. It is called holding on to power by all means. Declare state of emergency in opposition territories. Divide, rule, and conquer them.

We haven't seen anything yet. You will all be shocked with the next trick Jonathan has in stock as we get closer to election period. Arm twisting is on the menu for Jonathan in next electionn. Al-Mustapha and Fasheun are here on a mission. Abacha's family will be in the picture soon.

Stay tuned!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by seunfly: 5:16am On Aug 08, 2013
Gboliwe:
I know oga Jona can do it, gone are the days when i used to look at oga jona with innocent eyes, now i know better. Especially with classless and mannerless first lady involved.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by nuclearboy(m): 5:32am On Aug 08, 2013
Rather than fighting Amaechi, why doesn't the first lady fight for the little children who are being married off and made into sexslaves? But then, Yerima's votes can be counted and 13 year old children can't vote, so that's NOT a good fight for her?

Its obvious this is a self-serving woman who has no good plans for her supposed constituency (women) - all that matters is proving "power" and holding onto power no matter the cost!

Well fie - the world rejects you!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 08, 2013
troble
Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by biolabee(m): 6:35am On Aug 08, 2013
Gboliwe how far in ur base,,, have u updated ur diary

Meanwhile, Tehn, the NL charity group is back....cheesy, chidi lloyd n co will do just fine

Please, Folake needs your Help!
Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by biafranqueen: 7:43am On Aug 08, 2013
ijaw citizen: It is amazing where peoples' imagination takes them.

Who is fighting Amaechi? Nobody! In a few months time, he wil complete his second tenure so the aspect of someone about to chase him out of office is really ridiculous.

Besides being the queen of a non-existent land, it seems the only reason why you have a reason to see the next day is when you cast some sort of aspersion on the president and his wife like APC agents do, I hope you don't choke of breath when he wins again come 2015.

And by the way, 2015 will also be the period when you'd stop eyeing ALL OF RIVERS STATE as part of your non-existent biafra 'cos an Ijaw man is taking over for the next 8 years in Rivers state. I hope I don't choke your breath.
I am sorry for you I really am! I have yet to see a leader that I think represents the people, I repeat all the current parties represent the elite and not the people so keep pretending you belong and get in where you fit in. Only two parties in this world the powerless and the powerful. I suggest you read my post and see that this is my first time criticizing the President and his Wife. I have been holding my tongue waiting and watching to see how far they will push they hand. So please stop being party blind your just a pawn! 1Nigeria For Life!!!!
Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by biafranqueen: 7:46am On Aug 08, 2013
nuclearboy: Rather than fighting Amaechi, why doesn't the first lady fight for the little children who are being married off and made into sexslaves? But then, Yerima's votes can be counted and 13 year old children can't vote, so that's NOT a good fight for her?

Its obvious this is a self-serving woman who has no good plans for her supposed constituency (women) - all that matters is proving "power" and holding onto power no matter the cost!

Well fie - the world rejects you!
that is my problem who cares what these thieves are doing to each other,but as the First Lady her job is to protect the women and children to the best of her ability. She is busy running around trying to prove that this is her hood, if she wants the job she should run and do her best. The Mose we heard from her is this fight for River power and her quest to get 26 million dollars to build a place to meet other first ladies embarassed Can you imagine cry
Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by biafranqueen: 7:50am On Aug 08, 2013
payless: I was the first person to say it on nairaland that Jonathan has something to do with Boko Haram crisis. It is becoming clearer to the smart ones to figure it out. It is called holding on to power by all means. Declare state of emergency in opposition territories. Divide, rule, and conquer them.

We haven't seen anything yet. You will all be shocked with the next trick Jonathan has in stock as we get closer to election period. Arm twisting is on the menu for Jonathan in next electionn. Al-Mustapha and Fasheun are here on a mission. Abacha's family will be in the picture soon.

Stay tuned!
I remember that you did and I always clicked like it is so obvious especially after the amnesty game. I wish our people would shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by biafranqueen: 7:58am On Aug 08, 2013
$£yi:

Bro, it sounds ridiculous. But I bet you would have said this same thing when it was still rumor that 5 lawmakers would impeach a speaker, that 16 votes would be more than 19 votes to determine who the NGF chairman is.
Another latest is the emergence of bokoharam in Lagos, Ogun and Rivers state. Don't they all sound insane to you? Boko haram jumps all states on their way and preferred to only hide in states that the governments are not in good term with Mr. President.
Logic should tell you how desperate this present GEJ government is in returning to power.
Thank God not everyone is blind to the obvious they really do see the masses as idiotic sheep angry
Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by ijawcitizen(m): 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2013
biafranqueen: I am sorry for you I really am! I have yet to see a leader that I think represents the people, I repeat all the current parties represent the elite and not the people so keep pretending you belong and get in where you fit in. Only two parties in this world the powerless and the powerful. I suggest you read my post and see that this is my first time criticizing the President and his Wife. I have been holding my tongue waiting and watching to see how far they will push they hand. So please stop being party blind your just a pawn! 1Nigeria For Life!!!!
And just like Mr. Wole Soyinka, you've suddenly championing some crazy theory involving the president in Rivers state.

Recently guns were found in a car belonging to a law-maker in Rivers state. Guess who the law maker is supporting? AMAECHI!

So keep teaching us something you don't even understanding. Who is fighting Amaechi with guns MACES? Pro-Amaechi lawmakers or anti-Amaechi lawmakers?
Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by ijawcitizen(m): 5:48pm On Aug 08, 2013
$£yi:

As smart as you claim you could be, it remains very glaring that you're not smart at all.

Boko Haram could only enter states where the Governor is a sympathizer. Boko Haram was invite into SW by the Yoruba muslims and just when SW stretched their hands of fellowship to Amaechi-Boko boys showed up in Rivers state. As prowling as Boko boys could be, they could never penetrate Benue state. Ask me why Boko Haram could not come to the SE, because no Governor is a sympathizer there unlike the muslin controlled SW & North.

JUST WHEN AMAECHI JOINED APC, BOKO HARAM SHOWED UP IN RIVERS STATE. WHO IS FOOLING WHO?
Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 08, 2013
biafranqueen: Aug. 7, 2013

I wonder how some people are able to sleep at night. People spreading lies and propaganda are not in anyway different from our corrupt leaders. I think what the opposition is really good at is spreading falsehood and hatred. C'mon, your scare tactics won't work....go back to your drawing table and cook another lie. What do you even take people on nairaland for? Dullards? @BiafranQueen, you really need to stop spreading falsehood before karma catches up with you. A word is enough for the wise, don't you have a conscience?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 08, 2013
You just don't get it...do you?
Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by chukjojo(m): 8:41pm On Aug 08, 2013
tokunboh:

I wonder how some people are able to sleep at night. People spreading lies and propaganda are not in anyway different from our corrupt leaders. I think what the opposition is really good at is spreading falsehood and hatred. C'mon, your scare tactics won't work....go back to your drawing table and cook another lie. What do you even take people on nairaland for? Dullards? @BiafranQueen, you really need to stop spreading falsehood before karma catches up with you. A word is enough for the wise, don't you have a conscience?
I LIKE THIS COMMENT DIE

At least some intelligent people like you, ijaw sitizen, etc. could understand the falshood propagated by this brainless anu ofia, apc queen.
Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by chukjojo(m): 8:54pm On Aug 08, 2013
biafranqueen: I remember that you did and I always clicked like it is so obvious especially after the amnesty game. I wish our people would shocked shocked shocked
You always clicked like because of his critisizing comments against GEJ, especially after the amnesty game right? and you claim not to have critisize GEJ before, except this.
I wouldn't like to call you ony iberibe.
just go back to school.
Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2013
if this is true this will be criminal

and so will declaration of soe in any guise
Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 08, 2013
some comments here just makes me get tired of nairaland entirely

tufiaaaaa!!
Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 08, 2013
Do unto others. I have for a long time been propagating this gospel, cautioning the people of southern extraction, most especially the south-south to be careful what they wish on northerners anytime they run their smelly mouths as they jubilate, wishing all sorts of evil on the north anytime the "goodnews" of boko haram bomb blast filters in. I guess now is your own turn to go up in flames courtesy FRESH AIR.
Re: Nigeria: Arms Build-up In Rivers State For “operation Amaechi Must Go” by biafranqueen: 11:08pm On Aug 08, 2013
chukjojo: You always clicked like because of his critisizing comments against GEJ, especially after the amnesty game right? and you claim not to have critisize GEJ before, except this.
I wouldn't like to call you ony iberibe.
just go back to school.
Your telling me to go back to school but you can't spell criticizing grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Enugu International Airport Flooded (full pics) / Check The Location Of Your Permanent Voters Card (PVC) Online For Pickup / Alhaji Shehu Shagari Turns 90 Today!! Happy Birthday To Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.