Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

BREAKING NEWS ALERT: Blaze Hits Lagos 'after Fireworks Blast' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS ALERT: Blaze Hits Lagos 'after Fireworks Blast' (900 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Litre Goes For 120 / Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Abuja / News Alert: Gunmen Attack Koton-karfe Prison, Free Inmates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS ALERT: Blaze Hits Lagos 'after Fireworks Blast' by OmoTier1(m): 11:21am On Dec 26, 2012
An explosion in a warehouse has sparked a major fire in Lagos, Nigeria's largest city and commercial capital.

Witnesses said fireworks were stored in the warehouse in the busy market area of Lagos Island, and the blaze quickly spread to other buildings.

The blast reportedly shook windows of homes several miles away and a thick cloud of smoke could be seen rising over the island.

It was not immediately clear if there were any casualties.

Thousands of people in the area gathered to watch, as the fire destroyed neighbouring buildings.

The explosion is said to have shattered windows of the nearby King Ado Secondary School.

Local residents were reportedly commandeering fire hoses to try to help firefighters put out the flames.

Source:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20843555

Re: BREAKING NEWS ALERT: Blaze Hits Lagos 'after Fireworks Blast' by GARRIx7(m): 11:27am On Dec 26, 2012
You dey madt abi??...

With the power vested in me as the new Deputy Mod on this section(controversial), I hereby declare this thread CLOSED

www.nairaland.com/1142649/massive-fire-lagos-island

Re: BREAKING NEWS ALERT: Blaze Hits Lagos 'after Fireworks Blast' by k2039: 11:48am On Dec 26, 2012
GARRI (x7):
You dey madt abi??...

With the power vested in me as the new Deputy Mod on this section(controversial), I hereby declare this thread CLOSED

gringringringrin
Re: BREAKING NEWS ALERT: Blaze Hits Lagos 'after Fireworks Blast' by OmoTier1(m): 12:57pm On Dec 26, 2012
GARRI (x7):
You dey madt abi??...

FYI, I am not the type that would stoop so low to the craze you guys exhibit on NL. If I post a thread similar to one that may have been created without me knowing, why not just put the link to the older thread as request the mod to close this?
Re: BREAKING NEWS ALERT: Blaze Hits Lagos 'after Fireworks Blast' by OAM4J: 1:23pm On Dec 26, 2012

(1)

Photos: President Jonathan Visits Governor Idris Wada In Hospital / National Newspaper Headliness(monday, 07 January 2013) / What Is The Greatest Invention On Planet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.