Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:30 PM

D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity (18018 Views)

D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? / D'banj Vs Ikechukwu Update! Sarah Blasts D'banj. / D'banj Vs P'square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by mazidumex: 12:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
These guys were role models to many when it comes to keeping friendships and understanding each other, no one ever saw a ''break-up'' coming.Now they both own their own record labels; D'banj owns DB records while Don Jazzy owns the MAVIN music label.

From the proper look of things, i Believe D'banj might have caused the whole trouble cause check this, No other member of Mo'hits decamped along with D'banj except his brother,K switch, Wande coal of all people who was tight with d'banj did not even go.some sources say D'banj after the kanye west deal wanted full ownership of the now disbanded Mo'hits record label.

On the issue of Power tussle, recently Don jazzy on micro blogging site, Twitter announced the birth of his club ''Pop'' some hours later D'banj announced his. At the just concluded rhythm unplugged a lot of artists who perfomed at the show, made shout outs to don jazzy and appreciated his presence,when D'banj and his brother, K-switch came to perform, they did not even look towards don jazzy,they just performed and left.

On the issue of Ethnicity, I Believe D'banj might have been thinking that Don jazzy was using ''ibo man'' sense for him by taking the larger share of revenue when they were together in Mo'hits, but Don jazzy was the music producer,manager and sometimes a back-up singer. since D'banj was the only one who left the label even though he had some fellow tribesmen in the label, ethnicity can be ruled out!

I can say any much but i used to love when these guys were together, their music made a lot of sense, now they are apart i am yet to listen to a sequel produced from either of their respective labels.

Send in your thoughts and criticism, they will be helpful!

Source

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Jaideyone(m): 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2012
I believe none of them is better without the other. Their relationship was symbiotic. Too bad they can't come back together.

First to comment grin

1 Like

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2012
Everything Nigerian youths of today do boils down to ethnicity, even our comments here in nairaland; and that' why I pray our future will not be darker.

7 Likes

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by k2039: 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2012
[color=soyouquotedme]It's pointless criticising them, they have made fame and money.
Besides I can't remember both of them carrying a placard on their head asking for help.
[/color]

1 Like

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by BlackOyinbo: 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2012
Thinking...to comment in a short while.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by emekatimsu(m): 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2012
i think Dbang is a proud fellow but on a serious note there is nothing absolutely wrong with him choosing to go "man alone".
It does'nt stop Jazzy from been the DON

1 Like

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2012
What can I say
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by cutekonkolo(f): 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2012
Nice write up , just passing anyway
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Revolva(m): 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2012
9st to comment ope ooo yeah

What has ethnicity gat to do I beg no be ethnicity jare why is nairaland always promoting tribalism. @poster pls take down this thread

3 Likes

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Jayloy: 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2012
Leave both of them a lone jare. Hope am d first to comment.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Navalsadiq(m): 6:27pm On Dec 26, 2012
both.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by ebamma3: 6:28pm On Dec 26, 2012
See as pesin dey take panadol for anoda man headache
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Afam4eva(m): 6:28pm On Dec 26, 2012
It has absolutely nothing to do with ethnicity.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 26, 2012
This is one of the most stupid, senseless write ups put together from a perverted soul coming straight from the pit of hell in 2012. Thank God the year is coming to an end.

Were they not aware of their ethnicity before coming together? Was there no ownership structure in Mo Hits before it was registered? This was caused by Dbanj, that might have been because of Dbanj! Conjectural nonsense with no shred of evidence.

These guys have moved on, get a job and quit unholy sensationalism.

10 Likes

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by YoursGEJ(m): 6:29pm On Dec 26, 2012
I'm expecting something from the DON soon. D'banj - i no know o cool
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by ba7man(m): 6:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
Don't know how accurate my info is but the fact that he bought all Mo-Hit members flashy new cars after his GEJ election campaign windfall means that he had a free mind towards the whole crew. He also had the "Star Quality" that reflected off the rest. I guess it must have been bizness decisions that caused their seperation. Dbanj wanting to go international and Don Jazzy, wanting to dominate Nigeria and Africa instead.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by heywhytech1(m): 6:31pm On Dec 26, 2012
They both have their reasons, but I believe all the reason they might have resolve around Ego.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
mazidumex: These guys were role models to many when it comes to keeping friendships and understanding each other, no one ever saw a ''break-up'' coming.Now they both own their own record labels; D'banj owns DB records while Don Jazzy owns the MAVIN music label.

From the proper look of things, i Believe D'banj might have caused the whole trouble cause check this, No other member of Mo'hits decamped along with D'banj except his brother,K switch, Wande coal of all people who was tight with d'banj did not even go.some sources say D'banj after the kanye west deal wanted full ownership of the now disbanded Mo'hits record label.

On the issue of Power tussle, recently Don jazzy on micro blogging site, Twitter announced the birth of his club ''Pop'' some hours later D'banj announced his. At the just concluded rhythm unplugged a lot of artists who perfomed at the show, made shout outs to don jazzy and appreciated his presence,when D'banj and his brother, K-switch came to perform, they did not even look towards don jazzy,they just performed and left.

On the issue of Ethnicity, I Believe D'banj might have been thinking that Don jazzy was using ''ibo man'' sense for him by taking the larger share of revenue when they were together in Mo'hits, but Don jazzy was the music producer,manager and sometimes a back-up singer. since D'banj was the only one who left the label even though he had some fellow tribesmen in the label, ethnicity can be ruled out!

I can say any much but i used to love when these guys were together, their music made a lot of sense, now they are apart i am yet to listen to a sequel produced from either of their respective labels.

Source

THERE IS NO NEED FOR US TO SEND OUR THOUGHTS. THEY HAVE MOVED ON WITH THEIR LIVES. ITS NOT OUR HEADACHE. IF YOU LIKE, MAKE IT YOURS cheesy

14 Likes

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by DANILSA(m): 6:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
JUST PASSING BY....... HOUSE UNA WELDONE O smiley
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by alaoeri: 6:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
Bias report op is one sided, how are u sure that Dbanj wants the full ownership of mo'hits before their break up just a hear say or are u there?
Secondly must Dbanj acknowledge Don jazzy since they are nö more together? U just trying to paint the dude black, am sure the real issue behind their breakup is more than what ωε read online or on papers. Me think na pure beef cause the whole issue.

5 Likes

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by paranorman(m): 6:40pm On Dec 26, 2012
This has notin ta do with ehnicity na.. Sooner or later,they'l split.. Don jazzy is a hit maker,he'l do just fine without D' banj .. Besides,na by force to acknowledgde the cognizance of his eminence: don j?? I tink d breakup is better 4 the two of'em... Go DB records! Go Mavin records!

1 Like

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by toshmann(m): 6:41pm On Dec 26, 2012
@Poster
It's because of worthless posts like this that Nigeria' s future is bleak. If you were knowledgable, and I doubt you are, you'll understand that in the entertainment world break ups happen time and again. To try a paint an ethnic picture, while tactfully pretending you ain't doing so, knowing fully well that Nigeria has ethnic sensitivities, is to say the least, SHAMEFUL angry

Here we are in a global village, the world out here doesn't know who is Igbo Yoruba efik etc, most don't even know Nigeria( except in matters of fraud, crime etc) and the best we can do is unite to form a country that can stand on her feet. This generation of Nigerians, with a partial democracy, must stand together. Otherwise by 2075 our great grandchildren will curse our memory for leaving a sick nation for them to inherit. angry

And even though my grandchildren will be foreign citizens, they and others like them would still be better off if they have a great nation to call "the land of my roots"
Let those of us who are educated stop this ethnic BS. Love your ethnic group without hating others.

Let it be on record that Toshmann was one of the few prophets that warned of the dangers of ethnic squabbles in the early 21st century.
God is my witness cool

14 Likes

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 26, 2012
Jaidey-one:
that's what jobleness has turned me to wink waiting for NYSC batch A
grin º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​ grin Good luck with that.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 26, 2012
Money Tussle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Private Part Exposed While Perfoming On Stage [SEE PHOTO] / Toyin Lawani & Daughter Swagged Up In Matching Outfits / Lil Romeo Or Bow Wow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.