Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,604 members, 7,823,619 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity (17856 Views)

D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? / D'banj Vs Ikechukwu Update! Sarah Blasts D'banj. / D'banj Vs P'square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by tizblink: 6:47pm On Dec 26, 2012
I miss the Mo'hits crew..I think D'banj's doing well..He's got the Koko concert to show for it..buh i think D'banj should rethink too
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by AfroBlue(m): 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
May Ikenga/Shango bless these two gifted entrepreneurs with a successful multi N,($), or billion(£) entertainment business collaboration in the very near future.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2012
Op, no thoughts to send.
Break ups happen even in marriages. Btw Don Jazzy & D'banj presently seem to be doing fine without eachother.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by mimifonwon(f): 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2012
mazidumex: These guys were role models to many when it comes to keeping friendships and understanding each other, no one ever saw a ''break-up'' coming.Now they both own their own record labels; D'banj owns DB records while Don Jazzy owns the MAVIN music label.

From the proper look of things, i Believe D'banj might have caused the whole trouble cause check this, No other member of Mo'hits decamped along with D'banj except his brother,K switch, Wande coal of all people who was tight with d'banj did not even go.some sources say D'banj after the kanye west deal wanted full ownership of the now disbanded Mo'hits record label.

On the issue of Power tussle, recently Don jazzy on micro blogging site, Twitter announced the birth of his club ''Pop'' some hours later D'banj announced his. At the just concluded rhythm unplugged a lot of artists who perfomed at the show, made shout outs to don jazzy and appreciated his presence,when D'banj and his brother, K-switch came to perform, they did not even look towards don jazzy,they just performed and left.

On the issue of Ethnicity, I Believe D'banj might have been thinking that Don jazzy was using ''ibo man'' sense for him by taking the larger share of revenue when they were together in Mo'hits, but Don jazzy was the music producer,manager and sometimes a back-up singer. since D'banj was the only one who left the label even though he had some fellow tribesmen in the label, ethnicity can be ruled out!

I can say any much but i used to love when these guys were together, their music made a lot of sense, now they are apart i am yet to listen to a sequel produced from either of their respective labels.

Send in your thoughts and criticism, they will be helpful!

Source

Poster, you are a fool period.So you spent your time writing up this rubbish, for your info donjazzy is not igbo, his isoko man, just like me he has an igbo mother, but not father, and by tradition and culture you are what your father is. It is people like you that bring about ethnic bashing.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Afam4eva(m): 6:54pm On Dec 26, 2012
mimifonwon:

Poster, you are an fool period.So you spent your time writing up this rubbish, for your info[b] donjazzy is not igbo, his isoko man[/b], just like me he has an igbo mother, but not father, and by tradition and culture you are what your father is. It is people like you that bring about ethnic bashing.
You're wrong about that.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 26, 2012
''If they knew how much we are making, fans wont be bordering themselves about us''.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by mimifonwon(f): 6:56pm On Dec 26, 2012
afam4eva:
You're wrong about that.

wrong about what? donjazzy is not igbo
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Ilekokonit: 7:03pm On Dec 26, 2012
Michael Jackson parted ways with his Manager. Was this also ethnicity ?
The Jackson 5 went their seperate ways. Was this also ethnicity ?
The Commordores went their seperate ways. Was this also ethnicity ?
The Musical Youth went their seperate ways. Was this also ethnicity ?
The Spice Girls went their seperate ways. Was this also ethnicity ?
Husbands and Wives go their seperate ways on a daily basis. Is this also ethnicity ?

toshmann
Let those of us who are educated stop this ethnic BS. Love your ethnic group without hating others.
Don't forget that Tribalists are Educated Illiterates.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Afam4eva(m): 7:04pm On Dec 26, 2012
mimifonwon:

wrong about what? donjazzy is not igbo
Yes

His father's name is Collins Ifeanyi Onwuneme Ajereh
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by chukxy44(m): 7:04pm On Dec 26, 2012
Una never tire 4 dis mata, sha na every time we go talk d same tin. In btwn nice write up
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 26, 2012
mimifonwon:

Poster, you are a fool period.So you spent your time writing up this rubbish, for your info donjazzy is not igbo, his isoko man, just like me he has an igbo mother, but not father, and by tradition and culture you are what your father is. It is people like you that bring about ethnic bashing.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 26, 2012
Dis page never reach 5 pages? Choi NairaLanders don go xmas and it pains me that there is no network in their village.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
mimifonwon:

Have you googled Don Jazzy before writing this Btw stop calling people fools.

Don Jazzy is a ''Nwanneukwu'' from Isuikwuato in Abia state. Inspiration to write ''Igwe'' by D'banj came when he visited Don Jazzy's village. Listen to the lyrics of the song.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by duni04(m): 7:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
This dbanj/jazz tin has bin goin on 4 ages and OP you're the first person to introduce the ethnic angle into it. The motive behind this thread is sectional and is in tandem with nairaland's growing reputation as a forum for propagating ethnic bigotry. If this tribalists on nairaland are not checked, they'll end being the. Albatross of this site. Its really getting out of hand!
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by putin2: 7:09pm On Dec 26, 2012
The recognition of goodness in another, leaves an impression that helps you also to rise to higher levels.d banj forget these
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by mimifonwon(f): 7:10pm On Dec 26, 2012
afam4eva:
Yes

are you okay? seriously, donjazzy who's sister i know very well, they are isoko, the only person that is igbo is the mother, get over it afam, the guy is not igbo, if i lie ask him. and the igbo middle names are given in respect to his grandparents who are of royal ngwa lineage, that i know for sure. dude get over it jor.. at the end of the day a part of him is from his tribe.

3 Likes

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Omen100(m): 7:11pm On Dec 26, 2012
afam4eva:
You're wrong about that.

And what is wrong about it if I may ask ni?
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by daryoor(m): 7:11pm On Dec 26, 2012
don j: d'banj na only u dis yankee deal dey work for, kanye no see my side since.

D banj: padi, na time, get patience small

Don j: guy i no fit chill i dey go naija, u dey follow me? Yes or no?

D'banj: u dey mad ni? na me u dey give ultimatum? Dey go sef i no need you, good music producers beta pass u and u know too.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by duni04(m): 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2012
afam4eva:
Yes

You're here! That's suprising!
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by montelik(m): 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2012
How many variants of this over done argument will make the front page?
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by mimifonwon(f): 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2012
okpara ugo:

Have you googled Don Jazzy before writing this Btw stop calling people fools.

Don Jazzy is a ''Nwanneukwu'' from Isuikwuato in Abia state. Inspiration to write ''Igwe'' by D'banj came when he visited Don Jazzy's village. Listen to the lyrics of the song.

you are also a fool, he speaks the tongue, his maternal grandparents are igbo, not his father. e spent some time in isuikwuato growing up and so. Get over it. If donjazzy wants to be igbo, it can only be by mouth, not by father. I am done trying to convince you, i know the fact,and truth, accept it, and stop wishing. At the end of the day he is nigerian,and one we should be proud of regardless of tribe. Happy New year.. ciao . Its like calling rotimi amechi yorubaman, just because his mom is yoruba, it will not happen, he is an igbo man.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by abdulkayus(m): 7:15pm On Dec 26, 2012
Rubbish posts line wit ethnicity bigotry, and who even told u dat Don jazzy is Igbo, FYI, he is nt, he is Isoko frm Delta state. He only has an Igbo mother, dat all.
OP, grow up.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by mazidumex: 7:27pm On Dec 26, 2012
Prof Corruption: This is one of the most stupid, senseless write ups put together from a perverted soul coming straight from the pit of hell in 2012. Thank God the year is coming to an end.

Were they not aware of their ethnicity before coming together? Was there no ownership structure in Mo Hits before it was registered? This was caused by Dbanj, that might have been because of Dbanj! Conjectural nonsense with no shred of evidence.

These guys have moved on, get a job and quit unholy sensationalism.

My friend it's unfortunate you lack commonsense, it's you dats a perveted soul, people change, dont you know when there is much money things tend to change, greed walks in, dbanj moved to an international level with oliver twist, why is it when he became international he decided to dump don jazzy.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 26, 2012
mazidumex:

My friend it's unfortunate you lack commonsense, it's you dats a perveted soul, people change, dont you know when there is much money things tend to change, greed walks in, dbanj moved to an international level with oliver twist, why is it when he became international he decided to dump don jazzy.

If greed comes in, how's that you problem and by the way who is greedy? Why are you attributing the irreconcilable differences between the duo exclusively to Dbanj? Why not Don Jazzy? What evidence do you have beyond promoting putrid senseless ethnic sensationalism? So if Dbanj took a business/career decision, that was borne out of ethnicity?

In entertainment world, "divorce" in business, marriage, association is a near norm. It has nothing to do with silly nonsense your perverted soul concocted up there.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by truelovecom: 7:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
ba7man: Don't know how accurate my info is but the fact that he bought all Mo-Hit members flashy new cars after his GEJ election campaign windfall means that he had a free mind towards the whole crew. He also had the "Star Quality" that reflected off the rest. I guess it must have been bizness decisions that caused their seperation. Dbanj wanting to go international and Don Jazzy, wanting to dominate Nigeria and Africa instead.

Dbanj is still in africa, doing music in africa , signed to Sony music africa and was not signed to Good music but had a partnership with them.

Stop feeding your brain with rubbish, dbanj is not doing music in europe or america(dbanj lacks the talent for that, his style is african)

Wizkid and Psquare has the ability to penetrate and conquer Europe and American music market , cos their style is western
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by initiator(m): 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2012
Why must everything end in tribalism in this country?
This, as someone said, is getting out of
Hand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wizkid To Do Free Shows In Uganda. See Details / Danielswags Begs For 20k Retweet To Feature Kiss Daniel In His Song / Laura Ikeji Says Twitter Users Are Asking Her Out Even When Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.