Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? (1799 Views)

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? by Loveaflame(m): 9:26pm On Dec 26, 2012
Their is this friend of mine who is complaining bitterly to me.His younger ones especially the sister is fond of going into the kitchen to serve herself after his wife has cooked.The free access been given to her by his wife is irritating him seriously.He has spoken to the wife but she seemed not to be bothered.But the man is getting angry at such sight.So I ask you wonderful wives,will you allow such for your inlaws,especially your mother and sister in-laws?Candid opinions please.
Re: Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
Yes I will; I don't see anything bad/wrong with it provided I've dished my husband's own first if it's a family meal.
Re: Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
Re: Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? by Loveaflame(m): 9:45pm On Dec 26, 2012
Please,where are the wives in the house?We want to hear all the views.So wives will allow even your in-laws staying with you free access anytime into your kitchen and touch even the soup?Hmm!!!This is really interesting but surprising.
Re: Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
The man is petty and wicked. So when the sisters start reporting and fighting with the wife now he will turn and say she is wicked.
Let the woman be, we cook and leave in the flask, everyone serves themselves, It is stinginess that makes people monitor who eats what. What is food ? Why should I monitor rations of adults?
Please people should stop being petty, allow people to eat.
The husband in this case is wicked, when the wife talks now they won't say it is their brother na madam go be culprit, if he doesn't like it can't he talk? Why does he want to throw her under the bus?

People who count meat and measure food for adults suprise me.
Where I am from and how I was raised we make sure everyone is fed, when I was younger all neighbors eat together in trays of food. Food is not an issue.

4 Likes

Re: Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
Lol,it makes the man look petty and touchy.kini big deal.lol.shey he will not graduate to entering the kitchen and counting how many sliced fried plantain is left or how many meats is in the pot.lol,i know of some shameless men that do that

1 Like

Re: Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:47pm On Dec 26, 2012
Loveaflame: Please,where are the wives in the house?We want to hear all the views.So wives will allow even your in-laws staying with you free access anytime into your kitchen and touch even the soup?Hmm!!!This is really interesting but surprising.

Loveaflame,

Kini big deal Mister? Life itself has enough stress on its own, why will I want to further complicate it for myself?

If it was the wife complaining, the man would have accuse her of being insensitive and all sorts; now the woman is free with his own sister, he is complaining. Some men can be very petty at times.

2 Likes

Re: Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? by greatgod2012(f): 11:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
Once there is healthy relationship between them, i dont think its wrong, if its food that is involved. What even happen is that i serve my hubby first or betterstill, i keep his own portion inside d cooler and thereafter everybody serve themselves, who want die, especially, during festivities, abeg, serve yourself is our system.
However, if its soup, i would rather not allow that once i have already put my hand, its either i serve everybody or d SIL serve everybody, i dont like more than one person's hand in a soup.
My opinion anyway.
May God help us all.
Re: Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? by greatgod2012(f): 11:41pm On Dec 26, 2012
debrief08: The man is petty and wicked. So when the sisters start reporting and fighting with the wife now he will turn and say she is wicked.
Let the woman be, we cook and leave in the flask, everyone serves themselves, It is stinginess that makes people monitor who eats what. What is food ? Why should I monitor rations of adults?
The husband in this case is wicked, when the wife talks now they won't say it is their brother na madam go be culprit, if he doesn't like it can't he talk? Why does he want to throw her under the bus?

Where I am from and how I was raised we make sure everyone is fed, when I was younger all neighbors eat together in trays of food. Food is not an issue.

Lol @ counting meat or measuring food, is that possible?
Anyway, nothing wey no fit happen under d heaven sha, but, im kind of....can that happen to an adult?
Madam, how are you and family. How was your Xmas?
Happy new year in advance!
Re: Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? by greatgod2012(f): 11:41pm On Dec 26, 2012
debrief08: The man is petty and wicked. So when the sisters start reporting and fighting with the wife now he will turn and say she is wicked.

Lol @ counting meat or measuring food, is that possible?
Anyway, nothing wey no fit happen under d heaven sha, but, im kind of....can that happen to an adult?
Madam, how are you and family. How was your Xmas?
Happy new year in advance!
Re: Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? by sistajay(f): 1:41am On Dec 27, 2012
In-laws are more than welcome to help themselves in the kitchen same goes for the husband.
Re: Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 27, 2012
@ Greatgod, Merry Christmas in arears my love. Hope you had a blissful one. Regards to the family. Waiting for party time and "recharge card" lol.

My dear, you will be shocked what people do. Sadly na poverty of the mind. Me sha I really don't get it, The way we were raised food is not an issue, in my culture you must at least feed 20 people in a week and they must bleach before your blessings are complete.
The counting meat thing I saw a case where the woman gathered here husbands relatives asked them to kneel down because 2 pieces of meat was missing. I laugh wan die that day. To avoid waste what we do is reduce the soup to what will be used for that day but I really have so much to do than measuring peoples food.
Imagine after a busy day at work, I will now go in and start dishing food for people who have been home all day. Not out of the goodness of my heart but because I want to monitor their ration. Lol.
Even if I don't give you anything as long as you come to my house food and water is guranteed.
The sad part is that most poor people I know are more generus than so called rich people, I have been to houses where madam locks the kitchen when she is out.

2 Likes

Re: Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? by Loveaflame(m): 9:37am On Dec 27, 2012
I love this.He is reading them with me.Let the opinions keep coming.Also please husbands what is your take on this issue?I have seen women who don't take kindly to in-laws entering their kitchen for fear of them throwing African Jazz in their food.What do you think of this?Nothing is impossible in this part of the world o.
Re: Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 27, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? by Joebeck(f): 11:11am On Dec 27, 2012
CAPITAL YES! I will allow any of my in-laws to enter my kitchen and serve themselves. There is no big deal about it.
Re: Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? by 299: 11:12am On Dec 27, 2012
Na wa o....This is my first time of hearing a MAN monitoring the kitchen.
Re: Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? by SAFO(m): 11:54am On Dec 27, 2012
He must be afraid that she will take the biggest meat from the pot. BUAWHAHAHAHA

1 Like

Re: Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? by bjcole(m): 12:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
@ op, tell that your friend to go & look 4 work to do, real work, if he is thinking about how to make cash & do bigger things in life, his mind wont be on who is dishing what. What is my business with who my wife allows into kitchen, once she is ok with it, dats her business.
Re: Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
I don't have a problem with giving free access to my pot but my MIL will always refuse to dish her food though.She believes the woman of the home is the rigthful person to dish any food that is made in her home.

This man should play a video game instead of pulling this annoying "kitchen prefect" stunt.

1 Like

Re: Wives,will You Allow Your In-laws Serve Themselves In Your Kitchen? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 27, 2012
If am at work, people won't eat breakfast n lunch abi? I don't subscribe 2 dishing food 4 anybody. I was brought up in a manner that be it guests or children. Everyone goes 2 d pot, if u like finish d meat at once. At d end na "una go still chop d food". So I grew up with that mentality. So in my home now, everyone enters d kitchen n dish. I feel in-laws or siblings should be modest enough 2 know how 2 dish food decently.

(1) (Reply)

Should He Throw It All Away And Move On? / Some Childish Things Women Do / Lady Who Hit Menopause At Just 22, Now Cares For Dolls As Her Kids.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.