Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

World's Most Bizarre Drinks - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / World's Most Bizarre Drinks (13406 Views)

Help!! I Am Getting Addicted To Soft Drinks. / Bizarre: Rice Dish served with Condoms? [Pix] / BIZARRE! Meet Brian Taylor, A 45-Year-old Man Addicted To Drinking PETROL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Most Bizarre Drinks by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 26, 2012
1- THE SNAKE DRINK

This type of wine is mainly found in Asia and it is made up of rice (instead of grape) and a snake is place inside!!!!! (chinekemeeeee!!!!). Lets call it a snakish alcoholic tea. The makers claim that this blend of tea or wine helps stop hair loss and it also improves sexual potency!!....

2. BEER CHOCOLATE DONUT
[img]http://4.bp..com/-XWl-JArK5X0/UNpdpE8jKGI/AAAAAAAAAVY/_c_57qZpQpw/s320/02cerveja_donut_choco.jpg[/img]
Well if you are a lover of sweet drinks, then this "beer chocolate donut" is just for you!! Manufactured in the United states, the makers claim that the beer is made up of chocolate, other sweet ingredients (na dem sabi) and a heavy dose of alcohol (now they talking)....... I might just be able to try this one!!

3 Gau Jal: made of cow urine
[img]http://1.bp..com/-kUJBxKW8CDs/UNpe-D6zY_I/AAAAAAAAAVw/-2VoxV-YBv8/s320/a346_cowurine.jpg[/img]
India's Hindu nationalist movement recently said it is in the final stages of developing a new soft drink made from cow urine. Department head Om Prakash said the drink - called "gau jal" or "cow water" - was undergoing lab tests and would be launched "very soon, maybe by the end of this year". "Don't worry, it won't smell like urine and will be tasty too," he said. "Its USP will be that it's going to be very healthy. It won't be like carbonated drinks and would be devoid of any toxins." He insisted, however, that it would be able to compete with the likes of Coca Cola and Pepsi.

Diet Water
[img]http://1.bp..com/-bR_ZEHoRFWA/UNpfq59M1zI/AAAAAAAAAV4/FvHaICfctwE/s320/a346_dietwater.jpg[/img]
all the flavor of regular water, only half the calories. ... I swear i don tire for onyibo pple.

Baby Mouse Wine

What would be the most disgusting substance you could imagine flavouring your wine with? Well, I'm sure baby mice would not come too far off? Baby mice wine is a traditional Chinese health drink, which is brewed by drowning alive baby mice, maximum three days old, in rice moonshine and letting them to ferment in the bottle for about a year. According to local Chinese belief, mouse wine is a cure to just about any illness imaginable, including asthma and liver problems among others.

Pizza Beer

In 2006, Tom and Athena Seefurth wanted to create a beer that would “pair with our favorite food.” Pizza beer was born. The couple has since gone commercial, hand-chopping the hundreds of pounds of wheat crust, garlic, oregano, tomato, and basil for their malty concoction. But you won't need to chew to down the brew; pizza beer is 100 percent debris-free-the ingredients are filtered after steeping, leaving just a soupçon of the “essence of pizza.”

Squirrel Beer

Our old buddies BrewDog have done it again. Not content with winning back the "strongest beer in the world" title with its Sink the Bismarck!, they've now upped their game with a new brew that is 55 percent alcohol by volume and carries a $765 price tag. It's called The End of History. Oh, and did we mention that the bottles come in stuffed animals-like stuffed animals that were once alive? The 12 bottles have been made featuring seven dead stoats (a kind of weasel), four squirrels and one rabbit. James Watt, one of the two guys behind BrewDog, put it better than we ever could: "The impact of The End of History is a perfect conceptual marriage between taxidermy, art and craft brewing." Just like we've all been waiting for! For those interested in the actual beer, it's a blond Belgian ale with touches of nettles and juniper berries -- and in order to achieve the brain-blasting alcohol content, it had to be created using extreme freezing techniques

Platinum and White Gold Tequila

Can you imagine spending $225,000 on a beverage? On July 20, 2006, Tequila Ley .925 sold a single Platinum and White Gold tequila bottle for $225,000 to a private collector in Mexico City, Mexico. The liquor was made out of 100% blue Agave liquid and was aged for six years. The company won the Guinness Book of World Records title for the most expensive bottle of liquor sold in the world. For those of us who can't afford the Platinum bottle, the company also sells the Gold and Platinum bottle for $150,000 and the Silver & Gold

Bacon Vodka

We love making our own flavored spirits at home, but properly capturing bacon is a bit of a challenge. Now, thanks to Seattle's Black Rock Spirits, we have Bakon Vodka! This is an unusual premium spirit with a familiar flavor; Bakon is the only vodka on the market that captures the meaty, peppery flavor of just-cooked bacon while maintaining a crisp, clean profile. Perfect for making a rich Bloody Mary, it also begs for experimentation with creative mixology

Pulque

Pulque, or octli, is a milk-colored, somewhat viscous alcoholic beverage made from the fermented sap of the maguey plant, and is a traditional native beverage of Mexico.[1] The drink's history extends far back into the Mesoamerican period, when it was considered sacred, and its use was limited to certain classes of people. After the Spanish Conquest of Mexico, the drink became secular and its consumption rose

Three-Lizard Liquor

What's more bizarre than a drink with a dead animal in it? Answer: a drink with several dead animals in it! Meet this Asian three-lizard liquor. In the Chinese and Vietnamese villages where this liquor is commonly made, less isn't more. More is more. You see, lizards--particularly geckos--are believed to have powerful energy (also known in Chinese as "qi"wink. So theoretically, the more geckos you stuff inside the bottle, the more energy you can absorb while getting drunk. Besides that, many locals also believe that Asian three-lizard liquor prevents evil spirits from doing you harm, what else could you ask?

Yogurito

This tangy, yogurt-based liquor may be made in Holland and bottled in France, but its target market is strictly Japan. Drunk straight or mixed with orange or pineapple juice, the creamy, fruity-sweet combo is especially popular among the health-conscious. But when asked about the calcium content of Yogurito, a Suntory representative remarked, “Yogurito is made from yogurt and tastes like yogurt, but is not yogurt. We cannot say that it's healthy.

http://spankthedonut..com/2012/12/world-most-insane-drinks.html
http://www.oddee.com/item_97168.aspx

1 Like

Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by smile4kenn(m): 12:16pm On Dec 27, 2012
This post has been hidden

1 Like

Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by outrage: 12:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
This post has been hidden
Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by finsulyman: 12:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
SHAgarri drink is nt included, his
Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by martinifeanyi(m): 12:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
hw does dis affect d price of farouz or multina abeg live matta 4 matayas

2 Likes

Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by Naijalane: 12:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
Alcohol is not good

1 Like

Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 27, 2012
bros, upload the pics. I ain't visiting that site
Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by martinifeanyi(m): 12:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
finsulyman: SHAgarri drink is nt included, his
monkey tail is nt included also
Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by Iaz93: 12:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
Where the pic na?
Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by Bolt2011(m): 12:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
BKT was excluded too grin gringrin grin
Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 27, 2012
Good luck, Cow Urine and Sons Limited but I'm never buying that. undecided

Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by martfrank(m): 12:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
U̶̲̥̅̊ xcluded PITO

1 Like

Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
The first one is more like Snake and Scorpion Drink.

According to the picture.

Anyway... I dont drink and I dont care.
Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by hienyimba(m): 12:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
why dey nor add ZOBO? amseriously offended

3 Likes

Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by Archmed(m): 12:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
Naijalane: Alcohol is not good
tell me something
Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by Ayorh4you(m): 12:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
Why is 'gegemu' not included?
Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
The first one is more like Snake and Scorpion Drink.

According to the picture.
Human Beigns will eat or drink anything sha.

Anyway... I dont drink and I dont care.
Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by yorke1: 12:51pm On Dec 27, 2012
OGOGORO suppose to be included as well.
Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
Alomo Bitters nko?

1 Like

Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by Uchenna42(m): 12:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
undecided wtf!!...So many hidden posts...na wa oh....
Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by Koolking(m): 12:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
If you have done your research well, you will be amazed at what most Nigerians drink/smoke. Visit most under-bridges and motor parks in Lagos. From Lizard dungs to cow dungs, monkey tail, every every, these are mixtures that are worst than cocaine. Sometimes, I wonder if these mixtures are taken out of economic frustrations, medical or just having fun.
Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by ignis: 1:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
I doubt if any of these drinks is available in Nigeria.
Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
Bolt2011: BKT was excluded too grin gringrin grin
una don forget Pito and Brurkutu
Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
Koolking: If you have done your research well, you will be amazed at what most Nigerians drink/smoke. Visit most under-bridges and motor parks in Lagos. From Lizard dungs to cow dungs, monkey tail, every every, these are mixtures that are worst than cocaine. Sometimes, I wonder if these mixtures are taken out of economic frustrations, medical or just having fun.
have a taste, and u'll stop wondering. They smoke lizard sh'it in kano.
Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by cigaricon(m): 1:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
shocked shocked shocked *falls from mango tree*

1 Like

Re: World's Most Bizarre Drinks by Nuezha(m): 1:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
Uchenna42: undecided wtf!!...So many hidden posts...na wa oh....

You can imagine. What is this kind of topic doing on the front page in the first place.
Does anyone know how to sign off PERMANENTLY from NairaLand?!
Pls help!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tommee Tippee Bottle Sterilizer 8k / 2018 Nigeria Beer Festival Kicks-off In October / Kogi Advises Residents To Shun Cow Meat After 20 Die Mysteriously

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.