Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! (9018 Views)

5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers / Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement / How Your Temperament Can Influence Your Response To God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by neversaynever(m): 7:01am On Dec 28, 2012
2good:

I was indoctrinated with christian values as a child like every other Nigerian child. I used to be deeply involved in religious activities and even preaching in the public as a child because I was taught it is the right thing to do in order to avoid going to hell that was created by a supposedly loving God which is an irony to me. When I become an adolescent like 16 years ago, I discovered that people have been doing reasoning for me. With further probing of the entire system around me, I noticed that culture and belief system is a brainwashing process where people are instilled with values that are accepted as normal in their immediate environment while other foreign values are treated with contempt. That is why you will always see a correlation between religious beliefs and region of birth and upbringing. You will most likely be a Muslim if you were born in the middle east or Muslim family in Northern Nigeria. You will also almost certainly be a christian if you were born in Eastern Nigeria or America. You will also most likely be a Hindu if born in India just as you will most likely practice Judaism if born in Israel.

You see?
My point exactly! You were raised to be a christian, you changed; FINE, it's your choice and you have a reason for doing that, but you know there are atheists who have also converted to Christianity because of one reason, maybe same as your reason. We're all different, our mindset differs, so what might take a year to work for you might take a day to work for another.

If prayers don't work, i wonder why there's continuity/longevity among some(maybe few) religious people?
One man's poison is another man's meat.
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 28, 2012
cold: @mactao,you just blabbed and blabbed.In the end you said nothing.You claim most people who lay claim to praying are NOT actually praying.And you went on to say something like this;

After all your rant,you still failed to tell us what the Bible says about prayer and how it should work.Since apparently,you read the Bible a lot

I wonder why you're insulting me. I really wonder. Please do not do it again.

You want definite points, and I'll try to give that, even though I did give some implicitly in the other post. Let's examine some scriptures, shall we?

John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

These were the words of Jesus. Here are the conditions: abide in Him, and let His words abide in you. But do His words abide in us?
Now, this doesn't mean you have a bunch of chapters and verses all crammed up in your head. Any atheist can chant Bible verses off the top of their head. But does the word actually fill us up to the extent that it changes us?

Every day you hear Christians complaining about everything. The stock market is down. There's economic depression. If America's going down who stands a chance? There are bombs going off every other week. Christians now choose to stay at home on Sundays instead of going to church, because they're scared of being attacked. But the Bible talks, in very many places, about Christians not being fearful. Over and over again. It's even filled with examples of people who defy fear in all sorts of situations. But nowadays we call it practicality and common sense to stay at home on Sunday, or to avoid traveling to the north at all costs. Is the word abiding in us?

Back to prayer. I'll say what I said over there again. Prayer has nothing to do with shouting, or shaking your head violently, or rolling on the ground. But when people do these things, they believe that they have gotten through to God, and so God will do something about their situation. But they've got no word in their hearts, and they've got no faith. So God doesn't do nothing. Scripture:

Jas 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
Jas 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

It says without faith, you won't receive anything from God. ANYTHING. Now, this doesn't mean that everybody who's having problems with prayer doesn't have faith, as I know people are waiting to launch themselves at my throat on this point. This is just one of the reasons. So let's say we go to a good church on Sunday and we hear good stuff about the promises of God. But when we go all week Monday to Saturday, we hear all sorts of negative stuff, bad news every day on the headlines, fearful rumours at bus stops, gossip at the office. It will affect faith. Very much. Because faith comes from reading the word and hearing preachers who preach the true word. And all the worldly bad news does the exact opposite. And so when we go on and yell at God, nothing happens, and we make Him the bad guy.

Scriptures:
Psalms 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.

1Timothy 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
1Timothy 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

In these two places, the Bible commands us to pray for the peace of our country, and also to pray for our leaders, "all that are in authority". But do we really do that? Our mouths are full of curses, and condemnation, towards both the country and its leaders. We only see the wrong things, we only talk about the wrong things, we only think about the wrong things with Nigeria. So we do that Monday till Saturday, and then for 3 minutes on Sunday morning we say a few words to God, and somehow we think Boko Haram will just vanish off the surface of the earth. Christianity is not for a couple of hours on Sunday morning. It's a complete lifestyle. If you drop Christianity at the door of the church after Sunday service, then things may eventually turn out like this.

I ask you now: do you know a lot of Christians who have an extremely positive mind and attitude about Nigeria? Who never insult Goodluck Jonathan and his administration? Who never say things like "this country is hopeless"? Who can't wait to check out to the US or Europe for greener pastures? I don't, and I don't think they're that many. When the car breaks down because the roads are terrible, or an innocent man gets gunned down by a stray bullet, or an innocent woman gets beaten up by arrogant military men on 3rd Mainland Bridge, we let out this torrent of curses and insults on the country and its leaders. It's counterproductive.

If you're familiar with the story of Paul the Apostle, you know that he was a terrorist to the Church. I'm sure more than a few people prayed to God for him to die one way or another, and were probably disgruntled, and angry at God when he kept showing up with decree after decree to persecute the Church, not to mention in perfect health. God had other intentions as far as Paul's life was concerned, and so the problem was that those people were praying WAAAAAAAAY out of God's will. Do you think there are no Nigerians praying for Boko Haram members to die in their sleep? Gazillions of them. But God loves them, and He probably has other plans about their lives. See, a lot of people cannot find it in themselves to imagine "loving" Boko Haram, and if you remove love, then you've removed Christianity. So can you see how seriously off point prayers have been sometimes?

The intentions are good; nobody wants anybody to keep dying in bomb blasts. But it'd be much safer, for example, for us to pray for peace for Nigeria, instead of praying for people to drop dead. Because it's more scriptural.

I could go on and on...some people don't think they've got any ability, any possibility of changing things, even in prayer. They think they've got to be an LG chairman, or a governor, or a senator, or the president, before they (or their prayers) can make a change. If you believe that but go through the motions of prayer, God won't "understand", and go ahead to answer your prayers. Bitter truth, but truth.

My writing here has been messy, but I believe I have made a bit of my point. READ YOUR BIBLE, and go with it.

P.S. I hope I have written enough to stay your insults.
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by jovi: 12:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
@mactao..very good writeup!! So true!

2 Likes

Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 08, 2013
prayer is a form of brain madness.
I used to pray. let me tell you what prayer is.

prayer is like having an imaginary friend in the mind who we have attributed all good things to and is very powerful. so if we want something, you first ask the imaginary friend, while doing a lil work.

if its answered, hurray, praise be to the imaginary friend.
if its not answered, its your fault now, or it. is not his will. Meaning the imaginary friend has a. will, so no need for seed sowiing in church and also no wneed to ask for anything, just tell the imaginary friend to do his will. OR maybe. your sin, or you no get too muvh faith. IT IS SHA YOUR FAULT. There must be an answer for the all powerful imaginary friend so that he will not be seen as powerless and we will not lose hope
if you get a diffrent answer, the imaginary friend works in myshterious ways. Praise the loving and. imaginary friiend.
But sorry, bill gates did not pray to develop the O.S u are using and he did not need anyones will to do that.

BRAIN MADNESS.

1 Like

Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by ajayikayod: 9:33am On Oct 08, 2013
[quote author=k2039][color=soyouquotedme][b]It's complicated.

Prayer works and prayer also does not work.

Bro, u cant be on d fence. Its either it works or it doesnt.

Whr do u stand.
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by ajayikayod: 9:42am On Oct 08, 2013
nwuyag: prayer is a form of brain madness.
I used to pray. let me tell you what prayer is.

prayer is like having an imaginary friend in the mind who we have attributed all good things to and is very powerful. so if we want something, you first ask the imaginary friend, while doing a lil work.

if its answered, hurray, praise be to the imaginary friend.
if its not answered, its your fault now, or it. is not his will. Meaning the imaginary friend has a. will, so no need for seed sowiing in church and also no wneed to ask for anything, just tell the imaginary friend to do his will. OR maybe. your sin, or you no get too muvh faith. IT IS SHA YOUR FAULT. There must be an answer for the all powerful imaginary friend so that he will not be seen as powerless and we will not lose hope
if you get a diffrent answer, the imaginary friend works in myshterious ways. Praise the loving and. imaginary friiend.
But sorry, bill gates did not pray to develop the O.S u are using and he did not need anyones will to do that.

BRAIN MADNESS.

U definitely dont need prayer to develop OS, pass Exams or "Be great in life" as d world calls it. But d results and effects of prayers are seen and known by the WISE but to the FOOL in its foolishness its MADNESS.
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 08, 2013
ajayikayod:

U definitely dont need prayer to develop OS, pass Exams or "Be great in life" as d world calls it. But d results and effects of prayers are seen and known by the WISE but to the FOOL in its foolishness its MADNESS.
which means bill gates is a fool?.
sometimes, I wish scientists decide to leave the reasoning of this world in the hands of religious(especially xtians). bible says that you use faith to move mountains and cure illness. if scientists did not come out of that silly delusional box, I wonder the type of madness we will be seeing today; we will be seeing holyghost conventions, with prayers and fasting for common headache which two tablets of panadol will cure instantly.
I wonder the type of prayer that will even cure siamese twins which your perfect god made. wake up mann.
I have stopped praying and believe me, my life is faaar better; no waste. of time anymore

PRAYER IS USELESS.
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 08, 2013
ajayikayod:

sorry, what's the definition of wise and foolish? what is your base being wise and being foolish from.
what are the benefits of prayer that you are talking about then?
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by ajayikayod: 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2013
nwuyag:
sorry, what's the definition of wise and foolish? what is your base being wise and being foolish from.
what are the benefits of prayer that you are talking about then?

Simply put: A foolish man THINKS thr is no God. Note my word "THINKS" not believe because he has nothing to believe in.
Benefits of Prayers: I get stronger and better everyday in my work wit God, many are freed from oppressions, d sick getting healed, fears giving way to faith.
Prayer gets answers bro. if u havent experience it, it doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 08, 2013
ajayikayod:

Simply put: A foolish man THINKS thr is no God. Note my word "THINKS" not believe because he has nothing to believe in.
Benefits of Prayers: I get stronger and better everyday in my work wit God, many are freed from oppressions, d sick getting healed, fears giving way to faith.
Prayer gets answers bro. if u havent experience it, it doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

yh, yh,if my book of talling tortoise god says dt an idiot is someone who believes in a god, then I can base my definition of an idiot from that and by that, you are an idiot. Christianity logic.
I don't need you to give me proof of those miracles, but I hope you know about placebo. and have you evet asked yourself why no amputee has ever been healed.
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by ajayikayod: 5:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
nwuyag:
which means bill gates is a fool?.
sometimes, I wish scientists decide to leave the reasoning of this world in the hands of religious(especially xtians). bible says that you use faith to move mountains and cure illness. if scientists did not come out of that silly delusional box, I wonder the type of madness we will be seeing today; we will be seeing holyghost conventions, with prayers and fasting for common headache which two tablets of panadol will cure instantly.
I wonder the type of prayer that will even cure siamese twins which your perfect god made. wake up mann.
I have stopped praying and believe me, my life is faaar better; no waste. of time anymore

PRAYER IS USELESS.

1stly Bro, before science is, healing has been, infact religion has been. D art of healing wasnt coined out of science activities, it s nature.

2nd, U mentioned "God created siamese twins". definately u havent study wat d word create mean nor d create as used in d scripture. God created Adam, no one has been created since then, we all came thru Adam. i.e Adam multiplied. U correctly said "perfect God" mayb by d spirit (lol) because He is a perfect God and made everytin perfect.

3rd, u said "u have stopped praying and believe me, my life is faaar better; no waste. of time anymore" I sensed u hav been victimized by been in d wrong fold who told u, u hav to pray to pass exams or to get job or to be better in life (like u said), but u eventually discovered u ar bein fooled dt even ppl who dont believ God achiev all ds. I understand all dt. Earlier i told u u need not pray to achiev all dt (history shows dt too), prayers are meant for higher things not our carnal and sensual desire to acquire tins but a fellowship with God.

Dt answer ur word about " PRAYER IS USELESS". Its useless now to u because all u crave 4 is attaining human/sensual success not beyond dt but 4me it has always be useful, successful and effective.
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by ajayikayod: 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
nwuyag:

yh, yh,if my book of talling tortoise god says dt an idiot is someone who believes in a god, then I can base my definition of an idiot from that and by that, you are an idiot. Christianity logic.
I don't need you to give me proof of those miracles, but I hope you know about placebo. and have you evet asked yourself why no amputee has ever been healed.

I dont kno ur book but i kno d scripture and it holds d final authority on every issues of life, past, present and to come.

I kno and have seen miracles, i need no placebo. D existence of a lie doesnt make truth a lie nor nullify d truth.

I havent traveled all around d globe to kno dt an amputee has never been healed but i assure u such miracles (healing) ar d simplest to experience.
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by k2039: 6:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
ajayikayod: Bro, u cant be on d fence. Its either it works or it doesnt.
Whr do u stand.
There are laws that govern prayers, if you must achieve results, then you must be ready to play by the rules.

If you chose to go against the rules and you don't get results, it's not because the rules (in this case Prayer) doesn't work, it's because you violated the principles governing the result.
Go through my whole post again.

k2039: [color=soyouquotedme][b]It's complicated.

Prayer works and prayer also does not work.

If I have to pray for success, I must be certain to work towards the attainment of that success or else fail by default no matter the prayer.

Some prayers are stupi.d and pointless. Example if I pray for God to give me 40million by the end of the year(except I kidnap Finance ministers mother gringringringrin)

The bible talks about praying according to God's will, I will add you must also be willing to work in the will and channel your effort to the attainment of the will or the prayer is just pointless.

Only in rare cases does prayer work without effort from the praying indivdual, Divine Intervention.

For the president, he just being plain silly, he doesn't want to take full responsibility for his actions hence his boycourt is prayer.
The earlier he understand his effort towards making Nigeria better is all that matters, not necessarily prayer, he needs to start using his brain and stop expecting God to come down from heaven to help because it won't happen.

This is more reason I love athiest although I know they are on the wrong part and non of them should quote me. An athiest takes full responsible for his life, actions and decisions, he believes if you have to get something, work towards it but in religion we have decided to put everything on God and devil[/b] [/color]
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by ajayikayod: 6:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
k2039:
There are laws that govern prayers, if you must achieve results, then you must be ready to play by the rules.

If you chose to go against the rules and you don't get results, it's not because the rules (in this case Prayer) doesn't work, it's because you violated the principles governing the result.
Go through my whole post again.

Thank God u agreed prayer works. Then dont say " prayer works and doesnt work" because shows dt all tins be equal prayer may not work sometimes.
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by Alapamasise: 9:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
Prayer works 24/7/365 but you need to have the right tools in place. Saying prayer does not work is almost like saying, seeds never germinate. GOD is a GOD of rules, regulations and especially systems. If all things are equal and you plant your seed, it should germinate, grow and produce its like and the system will continue. That system can fail if any of the necessary ingridients or factors become affected or adulterated from the origibal requirements.

Prayer has its own principles and failure to apply these principles can affect one's expectation for desired results. You need to consider first the grounds from which the prayer proceeds from (heart), the purpose of the prayer (self or kingdom), the power behind prayer (Word of GOD and faith), the environment (concentration or distraction).

Human beings seem to understand the principle of sowing and reaping. We have even used technology to aid the principles of sowing and reaping so diligently that we get good harvest results, but when it comes to prayer, we fail to acknowlege that it has its own principles, and they have to be followed as diligently as that of sowing and reaping. I have heard from several great men that practise make perfect, some actually say it differently i.e. repetition is the master of perfection.

When we take time to master the principles of sowing, we will definitely reap without fail. In like manner, when we take time to master the principles of "Prayer", we will reap the results expected.

The question really is, How many people really spend time to understand the principles of "Prayer" and master it to perfection? Not many I suppose, but I trust that those who understand this principles can surely bare testimony that he who gave us ears to hear, surely hears our prayers when we master the principles of prayer. Either anyone likes it or not, GOD will not change is principles for anyone, regardless of where you are in the world, the principles of sowing and reaping will work for you provided you hold on to its fundamental principles.

Remember, you can never attain perfection if you dont try. It is better to strive for perfection than not to try at all. Not trying is really very risky and you should not expect the returns of perfection to happen to those who never tried at all.
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by Alapamasise: 9:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
To join an online prayer group where you get notification on your phones about who is praying for you, where in the world they are and how many people are praying for you, try this application called www.prayer-buddies.com
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 09, 2013
ajayikayod:

1stly Bro, before science is, healing has been, infact religion has been. D art of healing wasnt coined out of science activities, it s nature.

2nd, U mentioned "God created siamese twins". definately u havent study wat d word create mean nor d create as used in d scripture. God created Adam, no one has been created since then, we all came thru Adam. i.e Adam multiplied. U correctly said "perfect God" mayb by d spirit (lol) because He is a perfect God and made everytin perfect.
yh, exactly proving my point, then god did not make me, so he has no business with me.
what's the "lol" for. if you don't have a good explanation, why not say so instead of fabricating. He did not create siamese twins as you said, but if they sin, then hell fire tnz...rubbish. So, abortion is allowed cos God did. not create them.

3rd, u said "u have stopped praying and believe me, my life is faaar better; no waste. of time anymore" I sensed u hav been victimized by been in d wrong fold who told u, u hav to pray to pass exams or to get job or to be better in life (like u said), but u eventually discovered u ar bein fooled dt even ppl who dont believ God achiev all ds. I understand all dt. Earlier i told u u need not pray to achiev all dt (history shows dt too), prayers are meant for higher things not our carnal and sensual desire to acquire tins but a fellowship with God.
I can obviously sense thqt what you are just saying is just a big lie...pls could you give me a short description of an example of this prayer you are talking about. Therefore, no need for offerings and tithes in church. what you jst said is sommething you must be decieving yourself if that is how you think 80% off xtians pray

Dt answer ur word about " PRAYER IS USELESS". Its useless now to u because all u crave 4 is attaining human/sensual success not beyond dt but 4me it has always be useful, successful and effective.
Go tell that to mfm people,...you are telling me this cos i have already told you that I have no problem with material things.......#poor africa
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by Splinz(m): 1:22pm On Oct 09, 2013
Askin if prayers wrk is jst lyk askin if GOD exist- its absurb! If u must kn, d efficacy of prayers 2 GOD is based on FAITH, HOLINES, PERSEVERANC, PATIENCE & GOD'S WILL. If u rily wonna kn d ans 2 ur questn, den practice d 4 aforementioned virtues.
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by Splinz(m): 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2013
Askin if prayers wrk is jst lyk askin if GOD exist- its absurb! If u must kn, d efficacy of prayers 2 GOD is based on FAITH, HOLINES, PERSEVERANC, PATIENCE & GOD'S WILL. If u rily wonna kn d ans 2 ur questn, den practice d 5 aforementioned virtues.
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by ajayikayod: 4:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
nwuyag:
yh, exactly proving my point, then god did not make me, so he has no business with me.

He did not make u, u r a product of His creation. See, denying a fact doesnt change d fact. I hardly argue with ppl resting on science to explain whr/how tins, because Science itself is still in its embryo stage to understand God, can fully understand its stupidity.

what's the "lol" for. if you don't have a good explanation, why not say so instead of fabricating. He did not create siamese twins as you said, but if they sin, then hell fire tnz...rubbish. So, abortion is allowed cos God did. not create them

In all ur explanation, u showed dt u hav been given a wrong teaching, no one goes to hell becos he sins.
U neither need God to kno dt abortion is a crime. Dts another false teaching u got.

I can obviously sense thqt what you are just saying is just a big lie...pls could you give me a short description of an example of this prayer you are talking about.

Ur state wont allow u to understand, its lik explaining calculus to an health teacher. When u r ready to kno i will take u line by line.

Therefore, no need for offerings and tithes in church. what you jst said is sommething you must be decieving yourself if that is how you think 80% off xtians pray

Another false information. U see, tithes and offerings dont hav a place in answered prayers. I dont kno how any other christian think but i kno by d scripture how a christian should think and exactly wat i put up here.

Go tell that to mfm people,...you are telling me this cos i have already told you that I have no problem with material things.......#poor africa

I am talking to u becos i discovered u based all ur judgement on a wrong doctrine u ar exposed to "Material Gospel" and ds exposed several false info and conclusions in ur mind.
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by Nobody: 5:29am On Oct 11, 2013
ajayikayod:

He did not make u, u r a product of His creation.
which means I should not call him my creator.

See, denying a fact doesnt change d fact.
what do you mean by fact. you said previously that " before science, there has been healing".
This comment is naive cos there is no particular time that people gathered and said " yh, let's start science". everything is about exploring the world around you which has been there right from time, that's why you have brains. We have reached a level of civilization right now which means that someone interested in further exploration(what you are now calling science) can do so, major in it and earn a living from it. Before the 20th century, millions have died of small pox, but now the vaccines are alreasy available. it does not mean that some people wouldnt have been healed of that(this sort of thing happens to me today). Its the continuous testing, prooving and continuous exploration that has led to the scientific theories in which your cars, laptop and other devices work.

hardly argue with ppl resting on science to explain whr/how tins, because Science itself is still in its embryo stage to understand God, can fully understand its stupidity.
if science did not try to explain things, do you think you can use a laptop, or take a picture with a camera. Right now, people are still exploring, while you are here arguing on an imaginaty being which you are using to fill up their gaps. But when they invent something, maybe in the next few years, you will use them. They are not perfect and that's why they are open to corrections. (Its this sort of thing that has led to our technological advancement).
Science is not PRIMARILY trying to explain/ understand god, they are only exploring the world around us and obviously, in one way or the other, should have looked for the existence of a being. There is no proof yet and a real scientist will take an agnostic stance on that, but specifically speaking on the xtian god; common sence and logic has debunked that in many ways which the erronous contradictory book and personality described as the bible god has been put. Unless you are too blind to see it, then maybe, I am talking to someone delusioned.
Don't assume that there is already a god, cos that's where the problem lies cos there are even a thousand been preached. All due to ancestoral reasoning but many are now debunked.
To the bolded, let me say that you are blindly wallowing in ignorance of this 21st century if you claim that people who have found a way to another planet and have satelites in space are still in "stupidity". It only shows how ungrateful you can be.

In all ur explanation, u showed dt u hav been given a wrong teaching, no one goes to hell becos he sins.
I don't want to go much into gospel talk. I just want you to know that the god you are talking about is omniscient and has given man free will and THEREFORE KNOWS WHETHER YOU ARE GOING TO HEAVEN OR HELL RIGHT NOW, or he is no longer omniscient and if he knew people's who will go to hell before they were born, then why create?. Tell me if such is worth taking serious

U neither need God to know dt abortion is a crime. Dts another false teaching
Ur state wont allow u to understand, its lik explaining calculus to an health teacher. When u r ready to kno i will take u line by line.
got you well here, tho I don't want to go much further... I guess I ve lost track of the previous posts..... but can you start by explaining my previous statement before I see anything that can be taken seriously from xtianity

Another false information. U see, tithes and offerings dont hav a place in answered prayers. I dont kno how any other christian think but i kno by d scripture how a christian should think and exactly wat i put up here.
Ok

I am talking to u becos i discovered u based all ur judgement on a wrong doctrine u ar exposed to "Material Gospel" and ds exposed several false info and conclusions in ur mind.
I am not interested in any material gospel. I just showed you a tip(<1%) of the questions that I have against xtianity. But if you think material gospel is wrong, then you could tell that to your xtian brothers who you cannot deny seeing do this everyday. But let me ask?...why pray? And what do/should you pray for?
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by ajayikayod: 2:11pm On Oct 11, 2013
nwuyag:
which means I should not call him my creator.

what do you mean by fact. you said previously that " before science, there has been healing".
This comment is naive cos there is no particular time that people gathered and said " yh, let's start science". everything is about exploring the world around you which has been there right from time, that's why you have brains. We have reached a level of civilization right now which means that someone interested in further exploration(what you are now calling science) can do so, major in it and earn a living from it. Before the 20th century, millions have died of small pox, but now the vaccines are alreasy available. it does not mean that some people wouldnt have been healed of that(this sort of thing happens to me today). Its the continuous testing, prooving and continuous exploration that has led to the scientific theories in which your cars, laptop and other devices work.

if science did not try to explain things, do you think you can use a laptop, or take a picture with a camera. Right now, people are still exploring, while you are here arguing on an imaginaty being which you are using to fill up their gaps. But when they invent something, maybe in the next few years, you will use them. They are not perfect and that's why they are open to corrections. (Its this sort of thing that has led to our technological advancement).
Science is not PRIMARILY trying to explain/ understand god, they are only exploring the world around us and obviously, in one way or the other, should have looked for the existence of a being. There is no proof yet and a real scientist will take an agnostic stance on that, but specifically speaking on the xtian god; common sence and logic has debunked that in many ways which the erronous contradictory book and personality described as the bible god has been put. Unless you are too blind to see it, then maybe, I am talking to someone delusioned.
Don't assume that there is already a god, cos that's where the problem lies cos there are even a thousand been preached. All due to ancestoral reasoning but many are now debunked.
To the bolded, let me say that you are blindly wallowing in ignorance of this 21st century if you claim that people who have found a way to another planet and have satelites in space are still in "stupidity". It only shows how ungrateful you can be.

I don't want to go much into gospel talk. I just want you to know that the god you are talking about is omniscient and has given man free will and THEREFORE KNOWS WHETHER YOU ARE GOING TO HEAVEN OR HELL RIGHT NOW, or he is no longer omniscient and if he knew people's who will go to hell before they were born, then why create?. Tell me if such is worth taking serious

got you well here, tho I don't want to go much further... I guess I ve lost track of the previous posts..... but can you start by explaining my previous statement before I see anything that can be taken seriously from xtianity

Ok

I am not interested in any material gospel. I just showed you a tip(<1%) of the questions that I have against xtianity. But if you think material gospel is wrong, then you could tell that to your xtian brothers who you cannot deny seeing do this everyday. But let me ask?...why pray? And what do/should you pray for?

Bro, in all humility, thr is a big gulf between us that wont allow understanding of all i want to say. That big gulf is wat i m first working on to destroy in other to bring u closer in sight, voice, percievin and understanding. Thats exactly wat i pray for daily.
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
ajayikayod:

Bro, in all humility, thr is a big gulf between us that wont allow understanding of all i want to say. That big gulf is wat i m first working on to destroy in other to bring u closer in sight, voice, percievin and understanding. Thats exactly wat i pray for daily.

pray better then, and mr omniscient also knows if I will change or not.....and erm , erm,,, I am thinking of xtianity in the near future(maybe for the warmth it offers you guys) infact self no! sef , not possible cos you will start thanking bible god for what he did not do. its my choice only So let me save the thanks; I guess the answer to your prayer on my part is already no!
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by ajayikayod: 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
nwuyag:
pray better then, and mr omniscient also knows if I will change or not.....and erm , erm,,, I am thinking of xtianity in the near future(maybe for the warmth it offers you guys) infact self no! sef , not possible cos you will start thanking bible god for what he did not do. its my choice only So let me save the thanks; I guess the answer to your prayer on my part is already no!

yea, i kno its may b "No" now, but i assure u dt in near future ur own salvation by d Gospel of Christ will b a prove for u dt God Anwsers Prayers, an can save d hardest of men.
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
ajayikayod:

yea, i kno its may b "No" now, but i assure u dt in near future ur own salvation by d Gospel of Christ will b a prove for u dt God Anwsers Prayers, an can save d hardest of men.
Prayer that cannot save dieing children, Wetin the thing won save for me?.
I don't need it more than refugees, dieing children, earthquake and flood victims. Don't waste energy on me, use it for them...#mstchew
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by ajayikayod: 9:43pm On Oct 11, 2013
nwuyag:
Prayer that cannot save dieing children, Wetin the thing won save for me?.
I don't need it more than refugees, dieing children, earthquake and flood victims. Don't waste energy on me, use it for them...#mstchew

I will rather waste dt energy on u becos u r peculiar and different, I see u doing great things for God in nearest future. I see a different person in u.
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 11, 2013
@ ajayikayod,
I guess you are joking.
abeg make I hear word jare.
you sound like a coax or a fraudster?.(I no dey joke )
you sound like one man that preaches everymorning at ojodu berger
NB: nairaland is a virtual world.
#left thread
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by ajayikayod: 11:14pm On Oct 12, 2013
nwuyag: @ ajayikayod,
I guess you are joking.
abeg make I hear word jare.
you sound like a coax or a fraudster?.(I no dey joke )
you sound like one man that preaches everymorning at ojodu berger
NB: nairaland is a virtual world.
#left thread

I may sound lik jokin but if u see me in reality u ll kno i m much serious about ds.
Nairaland mayb a virtual world but it accommodates real people lik u and me.
But really guy, i want u make ds choice and see whether it presents such dt i claim or not. Irrespective of every other thing, u wont be disappointed.
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 13, 2013
ajayikayod:

I may sound lik jokin but if u see me in reality u ll kno i m much serious about ds.
Nairaland mayb a virtual world but it accommodates real people lik u and me.
But really guy, i want u make ds choice and see whether it presents such dt i claim or not. Irrespective of every other thing, u wont be disappointed.
mstcheew...
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by Alapamasise: 2:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
[size=24pt][/size]

If you believe in prayer, try this:

www.prayer-buddies
Re: Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! by Alapamasise: 2:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
If you believe in prayer, check out this site --> www.Prayer-Buddies.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Story Of Joseph And His Coat Of Many Colors / Some Occultic Signs And Symbols We Use,wear E.t.c / Handy Prayer Points

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.