Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) (8614 Views)

So Few Riches So Many Poor So Many Religious Hopes / Pastor Destroyed 'Fetish' Items In Anambra, Traditionalist Reacts (Photos) / Evil Forests Destroyed In Aboh Mbaise, Imo By Youths, Chief Priest Flees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by obinna58(m): 1:05am On Jan 05, 2017
I shouldn't have used the word destroyed, my apologies
They say life is full of evil, devil, demon, Satan, spiritual monsters are all in chase of one's soul and if you are weak(not spiritually strong) you might end up opening the door for them to pluck you soul which is only meant for God, thereby leading to unforgivable punishment if you eventually dies.

I was born and raised in a good Christian home, I'm a catholic and I don't miss going to church especially on Sundays, I believed with all my heart that with god all things are possible and in so many ways God has revealed itself to me through dreams and granting me what asked for(sometimes) though I have never for a second doubt or hear people doubting the existence of god apart from Muslim which we rebel as unfortunate beings for not believing in ours.

I have never in my life see any reason why one should doubt god or even question him cos he is perfect and should be feared.

I was strolling internet and I was directed to nairaland through Google, the site seems cool and informative unlike others so I developed interest and registered as a full member, going to different sections so bounced into religion and that was where trouble began, I quite nairaland cos of the little I was able to read from atheists. made clear to myself never to open the site again.

Days later just like drug I mustard courage to go back that people may be blind especially atheists they needed to be thought a good lesson cos they are on a wrooong!!!! part(how could one choose to be agent of Satan and burn eternity hmm).

I got back to nl religious section where my mind gone out of earth again, this time should I say i read what I'm not suppose to see in my entire life, the worse part is that it's a kind of inner truth cos there are some impossibilities but I choose never to give up I argued many time but seem they had a better argument with facts, my heart failed me again my life began to turn apart, i began to imagine things( does it mean I'm being lied to all my life!! no it's impossible) I became regular on religious section reading more, though seems funny but interesting to me cos I'm this type that like to explore my mind, I Google more, liking atheist pages on fb also watched some YouTube videos.

As months gone by I lost relationship with catholic God and believed we are still yet to know the true god cos the stories, dreams, and miracles av heard can't just be all lies, when I said I av heard stories hmmm only me can understand and I av seen real magic being done in my presence.

I became deist, that was when I realized I can control my dreams without Jesus now I av the power to chase away devil in dreams without the help of Jesus. I realize that human mind is the power tool against the spiritual hunters, demons, evil, satan without the help of jesus, I felt like a pro, stronger in the spirit it was hard though but I conquered my mind, being alone in darkness never feared me anymore cos I can only see what I want but with time I turned atheist even though It had little effect on my mind but surely I battled it out now I can't even remember the last I had dream talking of meaningful one lol.

Months gone by, I began to see that whatever in this life had one thing in common "secrets" why, I asked myself but no answer I searched for more and more, now it came down on me one that anything impossible or magic if only you are able know the secret it would be possible on your own view, Nothing can breaking the law of physics its "impossible" unless you have "secrets"

Thanks to nl atheist for opening my eye, I laugh at those who say atheist are getting fewer cos I'm sure that I'm not the only one affected by nairaland.
My consign about religion is that they should focus more on teaching the society good, unity, peace etc that's where they get right but as for God and bible stories they should simply quite that side cos it fairly tales.
Atheist on nl you guys have successfully deceived me kudos to u all i give up grin grin grin

53 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by hopefulLandlord: 1:13am On Jan 05, 2017
checking in

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by DoctorAlien(m): 1:16am On Jan 05, 2017
You know, I smiled when I read that you were a Roman Catholic. I once read the story of a catholic priest. It was discovered at his death that he was secretly an atheist, and wrote many atheist works. It's not hard to question the existence of GOD and become an atheist when you pass through things like this in the church.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by mrmrmister: 1:49am On Jan 05, 2017
It's tough,
Discovering all you've been told as a kid were lies.
That's how religion works now, catch them young and feed them lies, when they grow they will never depart from it undecided

Departing from it was the most shocking feeling I ever had. embarassed
As a kid I dreamt of being a pastor, I still want to be a pastor though if I can get good investors cheesy
High revenue, zero tax
Who doesn't love that? grin

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by hopefulLandlord: 1:55am On Jan 05, 2017
mrmrmister:
It's tough,
Discovering all you've been told as a kid were lies.
That's how religion works now, catch them young and feed them lies, when they grow they will never depart from it undecided

Departing from it was the most shocking feeling I ever had. embarassed

once you step outside a religion and every god idea, the absurdities of it becomes clearer to you but if you're still in it you won't see any absurdity

its like someone who's in a very smelly toilet and has lived there all his life and never even as much as step out of it, his nose and lungs have gotten so used to it that he believes that's how everywhere else smells and the brain regards the smell as "normal" so its no longer a smell to him but "fresh air"

if someone that's lived in a place with cleaner fresher air visits this Toliet guy and tells him that the place smells he won't believe it

he'll argue with the guy with all his strength

if by chance the toilet guy leaves the place for few hours, get what fresh air really is and gets back to his usual place, the smell would then hit him, he would then realise what bullsheeet smell he's been living in all his life

this is how the stories in most hole-ly books are

as soon as you step outside it you realise you've been glossing over or believing several absurd stories that you've now found difficult/impossible to gloss over let alone believe

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by AkinPhysicist: 1:59am On Jan 05, 2017
cheesy
Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by UyiIredia(m): 2:04am On Jan 05, 2017
Another deist. Good. Respect !
Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by obinna58(m): 2:07am On Jan 05, 2017
UyiIredia:
Another deist. Good. Respect !

Proudly atheist wink

12 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by Nobody: 6:09am On Jan 05, 2017
Sadly hades will be full at this rate, just what satan wants undecided

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by AgentOfAllah: 6:18am On Jan 05, 2017
grin grin
Dude, true story of my life up there, only funnier than I could have written it!

9 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by kevoh(m): 7:15am On Jan 05, 2017
The below posts are 100% sarcastic (since it's hard for some NLders to detect sarcasm)
1. Obinna58 you are Catholic and you were never a christian.
2. The rise of the internet is killing off atheism gradually.
3. The fool says in his heart there is no god.
4. Obinna58 is one of the multiple alternate monikers of the few atheists.
5. I pity your life, you will roast in hades/hell fire.
6. You are just in your mid-twenties and still eating mama thank you, you don't know anything yet. Then I continue to insult Obinna58, calling him liar and brag about achievements he never asked for and no one cares about.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by LiberaDeus: 7:41am On Jan 05, 2017
This is why I feel we freethinkers should be more outspoken about our beliefs. There are so many theists with our reasoning abilities but these abilities are never tested because they never see an alternate worldview so they go on as if Christianity is the best life can offer.

For anyone who wishes to know me well. I will always state my non adherence to religion to that person even though I might be ridiculed or ostracized but I know that the greater good will be achieved. I might not announce it with a trumpet but every of my close friend or acquaintances will eventually know that am not a christian or Muslim.

14 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by hopefulLandlord: 7:45am On Jan 05, 2017
LiberaDeus:
This is why I feel we freethinkers should be more outspoken about our beliefs. There are so many theists with our reasoning abilities but these abilities are never tested because they never see an alternate worldview so they go on as if Christianity is the best life can offer.

For anyone who wishes to know me well. I will always state my non adherence to religion to that person even though I might be ridiculed or ostracized but I know that the greater good will be achieved. I might not announce it with a trumpet but every of my close friend or acquaintances will eventually know that am not a christian or Muslim.

but have you seriously considered the full ramifications of this?

not like am telling you to keep it to yourself always but just make sure you avoid straight up telling someone you're an atheist if you can stylishly avoid it

although I'm pretty open in real life but even then its not added any advantage to me especially when in Nigeria, just potential disadvantages and probably pending disaster due to the length some people might go to prove their god exists, even setting you up in life threatening situations

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by UyiIredia(m): 7:51am On Jan 05, 2017
obinna58:
Proudly atheist wink
Okay. My mistake. Your loss.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by hopefulLandlord: 7:55am On Jan 05, 2017
kevoh:

4. Obinna58 is one of the multiple alternate monikers of the few atheists.
5. I pity your life, you will roast in hades/hell fire.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned @bolded

@italics, we already have someone here say that

Pidgin2:

very predictable grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 05, 2017
Op, thanks. You said all I wanted to say. I could remember the first time I started using Nairaland (2015) which is where I first encountered atheists. Until then I thought atheists only exist in fantasy world.

Also, formerly, I held the conviction that no one could by no means be an atheist The very idea that a human being could suscribe to the no-god concept was very strange, if rather pathetic, to me. I just couldn't understand how any rational being could possibly nuture such belief. I even confronted them severally. Well, all that changed when I began reading posts of intelligent atheists likewise theists on here. I was stunned. I realised I knew little about the world. But I had already stopped attending church before discovering nairaland.

Things begin to take a new shape for me, and that transformation was propelled by my naturally rebellious spirit .

Now, I can watch horror movies without getting scared that the villains would come in my dreams. I can appraise any belief system that does not appeal to me without being restrained by the guilt some dead writer is using to hold people to leash right from his grave. I live a carefree life now, making the best of the moment, leaving tomorrow to worry about itself.

But this new age comes with the pains of acknowledging the meaninglessness of human existence.

I would like to know more than anything if there's anything beyond death. I pray there be. And I pray our theists are right about eternal kingdoms. Reuniting with loved ones in the afterlife would be pure bliss.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by Wilgrea7(m): 9:02am On Jan 05, 2017
I don't seem to be able to find this road to atheism... i don't know if there's any procedure to being agnostic or being an atheist...

OP nice story by the way... i enjoyed reading it... mine is similar... nl atheists and deists did play some role in my life..

i was not born a Christian but at 4-5 i started going to church cuz that's when my parents converted

i was indoctrinated into the system... i believed all and never dared to question.. little by little i was swallowed up in ignorance and dogmatism... until a day when i was researching about tithes then i stumbled on nl.... i read comments and was amazed by the knowledge of people here... i was not yet a member but i was a constant “visitor" of the religious section.. i saw atheists like hopefullandlord... i found SOME of his arguments interesting and logical... i saw pastor aio.... i didn't know he was a pantheist sef... but he made some very logical points in his arguments.. i saw winner 01 and Kingebuka and how they made atheists cry... i saw frosbel... i still regard him as the hero of my faith because he once talked about finding out things for yourself....

but before i saw all these people... i saw otem... his doctrine hit me like a bomb... i began to question and reject a lot of things... i didn't see much theists battle him and i assumed they didn't because they couldn't... so later on i decided to go on research.. mostly because of otemanuduno.... i did one hell of a research on so many things... i regained my faith cuz i found the truth in so many things and i questioned his doctrine as much as i questioned my bible but i also gained logic.... i tried to be unbiased in my research and i discovered a lot of truths and discarded lies. my best friend (agnostic) told me i was becoming an atheist.. i laughed cuz it was possible before but its impossible now... so later on i joined nl to battle the doctrine that once killed my faith.... and from there... my journey began...

so i don't know which step i missed that would've led me to atheism

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by Ranchhoddas: 10:19am On Jan 05, 2017
Nairaland is a cold place. There is definitely going to be a Nairaland section in hell.
Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by GoodMuyis(m): 10:40am On Jan 05, 2017
Nairaland has brought out the Radical Christianity in me
Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by Seun(m): 12:16pm On Jan 05, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
There is definitely going to be a Nairaland section in hell.
If hell exists, the bible section must be much bigger than the nairaland section. The old testament has driven millions of people away from faith.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by RtysreB: 12:19pm On Jan 05, 2017
Dear Member,
As a brief reminder, this is what Psalm 14:1-3 says: The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” You mentioned you were a catholic, do you know that the Catholic church reads a different book besides the Bible - may be your priest missed out that pharase because all catholics follow readings approved by the Pope.
Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by niyihawking(m): 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2017
RtysreB:
Dear Member,
As a brief reminder, this is what Psalm 14:1-3 says: The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” You mentioned you were a catholic, do you know that the Catholic church reads a different book besides the Bible - may be your priest missed out that pharase because all catholics follow readings approved by the Pope.

I smell lies smiley smiley
Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by 4kings: 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2017
RtysreB:
Dear Member,
Are you saying that there is no book of Psalm in the "Catholic bible"?

BTW, you are in danger of getting into Hell Fire for calling someone a fool, as indicated in Mathew 5:22

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by hammerF: 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2017
Seun:

If hell exists, the bible section will be much bigger than the nairaland section. The Old Testament has driven millions of people away from faith.

i have a complaint.
Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by FreeSpirited: 1:04pm On Jan 05, 2017
There seem to be a force that drives the universe. Different religions ascribe certain name, story, myth and legend to this force just to claim political authority of this force.
This force seems to operate on some set of universal laws, most of which are mystery to humans.
There's probably a God, he's not the way the religious describe him to be, at least not entirely. Religion is just a pathway that seem to describe how to get to this God. In the end, we usually end up experiencing the God our mind is able to paint and fathom

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by butterflylion: 3:00pm On Jan 05, 2017
obinna58:

I shouldn't have used the word destroyed, my apologies
They say life is full of evil, devil, demon, Satan, spiritual monsters are all in chase of one's soul and if you are weak(not spiritually strong) you might end up opening the door for them to pluck you soul which is only meant for God, thereby leading to unforgivable punishment if you eventually dies.

I was born and raised in a good Christian home, I'm a catholic and I don't miss going to church especially on Sundays, I believed with all my heart that with god all things are possible and in so many ways God has revealed itself to me through dreams and granting me what asked for(sometimes) though I have never for a second doubt or hear people doubting the existence of god apart from Muslim which we rebel as unfortunate beings for not believing in ours.

I have never in my life see any reason why one should doubt god or even question him cos he is perfect and should be feared.

I was strolling internet and I was directed to nairaland through Google, the site seems cool and informative unlike others so I developed interest and registered as a full member, going to different sections so bounced into religion and that was where trouble began, I quite nairaland cos of the little I was able to read from atheists. made clear to myself never to open the site again.

Days later just like drug I mustard courage to go back that people may be blind especially atheists they needed to be thought a good lesson cos they are on a wrooong!!!! part(how could one choose to be agent of Satan and burn eternity hmm).

I got back to nl religious section where my mind gone out of earth again, this time should I say i read what I'm not suppose to see in my entire life, the worse part is that it's a kind of inner truth cos there are some impossibilities but I choose never to give up I argued many time but seem they had a better argument with facts, my heart failed me again my life began to turn apart, i began to imagine things( does it mean I'm being lied to all my life!! no it's impossible) I became regular on religious section reading more, though seems funny but interesting to me cos I'm this type that like to explore my mind, I Google more, liking atheist pages on fb also watched some YouTube videos.

As months gone by I lost relationship with catholic God and believed we are still yet to know the true god cos the stories, dreams, and miracles av heard can't just be all lies, when I said I av heard stories hmmm only me can understand and I av seen real magic being done in my presence.

I became deist, that was when I realized I can control my dreams without Jesus now I av the power to chase away devil in dreams without the help of Jesus. I realize that human mind is the power tool against the spiritual hunters, demons, evil, satan without the help of jesus, I felt like a pro, stronger in the spirit it was hard though but I conquered my mind, being alone in darkness never feared me anymore cos I can only see what I want but with time I turned atheist even though It had little effect on my mind but surely I battled it out now I can't even remember the last I had dream talking of meaningful one lol.

Months gone by, I began to see that whatever in this life had one thing in common "secrets" why, I asked myself but no answer I searched for more and more, now it came down on me one that anything impossible or magic if only you are able know the secret it would be possible on your own view, Nothing can breaking the law of physics its "impossible" unless you have "secrets"

Thanks to nl atheist for opening my eye, I laugh at those who say atheist are getting fewer cos I'm sure that I'm not the only one affected by nairaland.
My consign about religion is that they should focus more on teaching the society good, unity, peace etc that's where they get right but as for God and bible stories they should simply quite that side cos it fairly tales.
Atheist on nl you guys have successfully deceived me kudos to u all i give up grin grin grin
You were born in a Catholic.religious home, not a Christian home. Christianity is not a religion.

Christ never gave anyone a religion, he gave us a Kingdom. Go and get saved.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by hopefulLandlord: 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2017
butterflylion:

You were born in a Catholic.religious home, not a Christian home. Christianity is not a religion.

Christ never gave anyone a religion, he gave us a Kingdom. Go and get saved.

No True Scotsman Fallacy

*yawns*

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by butterflylion: 3:13pm On Jan 05, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

No True Scotsman Fallacy

*yawns*
I dont know what Scotman fallacy means, pls elaborate.
Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by benzics(m): 3:24pm On Jan 05, 2017
Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 05, 2017
butterflylion:

I dont know what Scotman fallacy means, pls elaborate.

Scotman liked frying eggs

Scotman stopped frying eggs

Scotman never fried eggs.

That's what many of you christians say. If someone declares that he was a christians but now and atheist, you conclude that he was never a christian.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by benzics(m): 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2017
Pidgin2:
Lol, what makes you think that we are scared of burning for eternity in a "lake of fire"?? Mtcheew... How someone even believes in an after life hades bothers me...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Has Destroyed Many Religious Soul(must Read) by benzics(m): 3:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
RtysreB:
Dear Member,
The catholic reads the Bible though(the Missal, a combination of Bible texts) , don't be stupid! That's all you religious people know, how to fight each other..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amazing Facts About The Pope, Roman Catholic Church And The Vatican / Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria / Jehovah Witness! After Admitting This, Why Do You Still Claim Jesus Isn't God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.