Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier (5130 Views)

Faith Vs Evidence. Apologetics vs atheism / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier by Frostyzone(m): 2:21pm On Dec 27, 2012
donroxy: Frostyzone......ehm one more thing!!!

Mayb u shd alert the MOD that u ve adjusted the topic cuz it is still ehm ,
RELIGION VS ATHEISM @ the frontpage. grin
...And what are you still doing here Mr know-it-all?
Re: Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 27, 2012
Frostyzone:
...And what are you still doing here Mr know-it-all?

ohh, sorry!! My bad, am gone!!
Re: Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier by Sweetgurl2(f): 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
@Op... Don't you think u just answered your own topic mate? You obviously demonstrated that you dont have the guts to attack any other religion. After what u just demonstrated do u still wonder why some may get defensive? Give them a break! Would ya?
Re: Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier by Frostyzone(m): 2:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sweet.gurl:
@Op... Don't you think u just answered your own topic mate? You obviously demonstrated that you dont have the guts to attack any other religion. After what u just demonstrated do u still wonder why some may get defensive? Give them a break! Would ya?
I honestly don't know what you are on about, girlie.
Please, kindly elaborate.
Re: Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier by cold(m): 3:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
Theists of course.With their narcissistic obsession with their own mythologies.Vociferously and ferociously trying to foist their beliefs down everybody else's throat.Telling anyone who cares to listen that their God created everything bright and beautiful (but leaving out tsunamis,earthquakes,AIDS/HIV etc).Attacking and cursing everyone and anyone who dare question the numerous inconsistencies inherent in these religious strains.

3 Likes

Re: Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier by Frostyzone(m): 3:16pm On Dec 27, 2012
cold: Theists of course.With their narcissistic obsession with their own mythologies.Vociferously and ferociously trying to foist their beliefs down everybody else's throat.Telling anyone who cares to listen that their God created everything bright and beautiful (but leaving out tsunamis,earthquakes,AIDS/HIV etc).Attacking and cursing everyone and anyone who dare question the numerous inconsistencies inherent in these religious strains.
A strong argument. Any Christian visiting this thread is more than welcome to refute or counter the argument.
Re: Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier by Sweetgurl2(f): 3:51pm On Dec 27, 2012
Frostyzone:
I honestly don't know what you are on about, girlie.
Please, kindly elaborate.

Since you want me to spell it out for ya, i will do so smiley, what i was trying to say is that 'your topic is neither intelligent or rational'.
Reasons being...
1. In a debate it is important that both parties are able to defend their stance. Its a DEBATE (To engage in argument by discussing opposing points). If both parties are just pointing out their views... then what's the point? They might as well just take turns to talk about their views ignore what the other person say's and that's the end. Being defensive in a debate is NORMAL. Whether political, educational, religious...etc. I'm sure you watch political debates. Debates are debates.

2. I have watched many debates and you can not based a few christians on ALL christians. The debates that i have watched the atheists come across extremely aggressive. So what? Who cares? its a debate! You argue to win... I fact i have noticed that during debates opposition always sounds more defensive to us.

3. You also said that christians tend to be aggressive during debates. What is ur definition of aggressive? You changed the name of this topic from 'religion Vs. Atheism' to 'Christianity Vs. Atheism' because you did not want to be attacked by ppl of other faith (you said it urself in ya other post that u delibrately left them out). Given that you were afraid of the ppl of the other faith's aggression that it drove you to change the very name of your topic and refused to include them in your discussion... Don't you think that ur statement that christians are 'aggressive' is an exaggeration? Cause think about it op undecided... if xtians were as you are defining them would you really have this topic up? I personally don't think you would because you were not game enough to include ppl of another faith in this topic and went to the extent of rewording ur topic just to avoid an aggressive debate with them. Hmmmm... shall i redefine aggression now?

4. Overall unless i am misunderstanding ur topic i think your statement that christians tend to be defensive and aggressive during debates is unjust. You know what aggression is. And what you described is far from aggression. Also Please do urself a favor go and learn more about debates and see how it works.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier by manmustwac(m): 5:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
donroxy:

See dude,
Op put up ''Religion vs Atheist''......
The topic should be ''christianity vs Atheist''....

We need to be logical and constructive in our dealings..... Op wants objectivity but he himself was never objective!!!

What is reasonable in this thread whose body negates the Topic!!!!!......., ahhhhhhh(yawn too)!!!!

The Thread even made it to the front page......Where is the MOD self!!!!
I dey here any problem?
Re: Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier by usbcable(m): 5:10pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sorry ooooooooooooooooooo

Is this thread
Religion vs Atheism
or
Christianity vs Atheism

the front page is different from the topic here.
Can the Mod help modify.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
Frostyzone:
The topic is Religion vs Atheism. Religion is represented by Christians of all denominations.
As for how they debate, visit some of the topics in religious section of NL and see for yourself.
I 've already made some observations based on my personal research and opinion previously.

abeg you are mistaken. There is a 3rd front represent by the PAGAN(S) .

Religion is represented by us also. However we are more at a 3d angle.

so keep it @ christianity vs atheists.
Re: Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier by Revolva(m): 5:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
Look the Nigeriam christains and muslims are worst they don't think out of the box they are not diverse and always ready to be brainwashed ...dem be anywhere belle face na dem go follow zombie !!!!zombie !!!! And they can fight because of a belief system they can't proof if it real existed ...

Well ..

This post has been hidden

Re: Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
Oh! I missed.
Re: Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier by UyiIredia(m): 7:10pm On Dec 27, 2012
I really don't know which fights dirtier. They both fight dirty to me.
Re: Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier by AtheistD(m): 7:13pm On Dec 27, 2012
Uyi Iredia: I really don't know which fights dirtier. They both fight dirty to me.

So it is the xtians who fight dirty then tongue
Re: Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 27, 2012
Atheist:-D:

So it is the xtians who fight dirty then tongue

He knows the truth, he just wants to play it safe cheesy
Re: Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier by AtheistD(m): 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

He knows the truth, he just wants to play it safe cheesy

Of course wink
Re: Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
Lol d fear of e-bombs is the beginning of wisdom. See as guy man quickly change him topic. Sharp guy

1 Like

Re: Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier by logicboy01: 3:43pm On Sep 16, 2014
nICE OP
Re: Christianity Vs. Atheism: Which Side Fights Dirtier by AtheistD(m): 9:10pm On Sep 16, 2014
logicboy01: nICE OP

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

YWAP ( Youth With A Purpose ) / "FULL" TB Joshua’s Shocking 2014 Prophecy / Raisins Or Virgins In Paradise? Christian paradise never had this vagueness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.