Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids (4946 Views)

Parents Do You Buy Toy Guns For Your Children. / Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child? / Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 27, 2012
Fire fire fire.... those are the sound frm a toy Gun
Paul said "...all things are not Expedient"
To the Future Parent- if u go shopping for toys for kids, i want to use d language of Paul here, is it Expedient to buy a toy GUN for kids?
...hearing fire fire fire this morning and i look thro my window i saw one young guy probably less than 5yrs old i guess, firing a gun at a younger brother, 'fire fire fire...Gun talking'
And my mind was saying something, "that is sending a wrong message to the subconscious"
I may be wrong anyway, but most of the things we do, we learnt it while we were not even aware we are learning. I said to myself, i ll never buy a toy GUN for my children

1 Like

Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by greatgod2012(f): 9:19am On Dec 27, 2012
Im not condemning those who use to buy toy guns for their children, but as for me, i have never bought toy guns for them and i dont intend to ever buy it for them...........to me, it breeds violence in kids.
However, so many different types of toys out there, i prefer those ones to guns.

1 Like

Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by k2039: 9:35am On Dec 27, 2012
[color=soyouquotedme]Nothing wrong in buying a gun but it's not advisable.
I agree with Greatgod2012.

Gun control begins with the control of toy guns gringringringringringrin
[/color]

2 Likes

Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by BabaAlabi: 10:32am On Dec 27, 2012
Do you think all the armed robbers and kidnappers of today played with toy guns? As a kid one of the greatest game I played was Police and Thief where we pretended to shoot one another...

1 Like

Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 27, 2012
Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by Iaz93: 10:39am On Dec 27, 2012
Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by rman: 10:40am On Dec 27, 2012
I don't see anything wrong with it.

My brothers and I played with the one that sticks on walls and water guns when we were young. We all turned out right and none of us has held a real gun as adults. And I know that there are millions of kids that had toys guns like us as kids that never held the real thing as adults. Therefore, I dont think it has any negative effect on kids

3 Likes

Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by DANILSA(m): 10:56am On Dec 27, 2012
EVERYTHING IS WRONG ABOUT BUYING (TOY)GUNS FOR KIDS, MY REASON IS THAT YOU THINK WHAT U SEE, U DREAM WHAT U DO, U PLAN TOWARDS WHAT UR MIND TELLS YOU, IT CORRUPTS THEIR MIND AND THEY WANT TO BECOME GUN HANDLERS IN FUTURE WHICH IF THEY DONT GET A POSITIVE ONE(POLICE, ARMY) THEY GO FOR A NEGATIVE ONE(ARMED ROBBER)

1 Like

Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by mu2sa2: 11:05am On Dec 27, 2012
Why toy guns when there are alternatives that will benefit the child positively rather than implant violence in the child's subconsciousness.
Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by pwiz(m): 11:14am On Dec 27, 2012
Can't even recall how many toy guns I use to have as a kid back then. Nothing wrong in it, base on my own opinion.
Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by GeeCee(m): 11:19am On Dec 27, 2012
I have never bought a toy gun for my kids and i will never do that. Even as their birthdays approach, i normally tell my siblings/friends/families that no one should buy a toy gun for my kid.
There are better options out there. I hate the sight of guns.
Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by goldfish80(m): 11:38am On Dec 27, 2012
Nothing wrong with toy guns..! Y'lll parents shld give these kids some space plz. Theres nothn that suggests someone having a toy gun as a kid will make †ђξ kid grow up to become an armed robber, that's absolutly ridiculus.. When I was a kid I remember playing with toy guns,tommy gun,dart guns,water guns,watching bruce lee/jackie chan movies..none of this made ♍ε̲̣̣̣ grow up to own a gun or throw indiscriminate punch at people(I lied about †ђξ punch thou) winkserzly toys are just toys. They are not gonna shape ur kids future but rather a good parental /solid religous upbringing will make ur kids achieve their potential.

1 Like

Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by greatgeo(m): 11:44am On Dec 27, 2012
Have you forgotten that the first toy you are given when growing up is always part of you till u grow old.and it is said that he who carry a gun will also die with it.train up a child the way he should go so when he is of age he wont depart from it.keep buying them toy gun oneday he would ask for Ak47.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by fxseven(m): 11:59am On Dec 27, 2012
Parents place wisen up. what happened to toy balls, cars, toy guitars, and pianos etc?

1 Like

Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by finsulyman: 12:07pm On Dec 27, 2012
orishorishi
Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by Bluediamond1(f): 12:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
Hell no,never.
Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by enimcnite(m): 12:23pm On Dec 27, 2012
Abegi notin wrong wit it jorr..whoever is destined to b an arm robber will b, it has notin to do wit toy guns..I once used my little brothers toy gun to scare thiefs sef n my brother literally knws dat thiefs r d real enemies! grin
Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by Oyele: 12:24pm On Dec 27, 2012
I dnt think this should b an issue! Instead we should tok abt movies that guns were used and kids are likely to watch.
Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by Alaafialoro(m): 12:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
Toy guns, violent films and video games where guns and other violent acts are done should be taken away from reach and view of kids.
Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by Peterwins(m): 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2012
goldfish80: Nothing wrong with toy guns..! Y'lll parents shld give these kids some space plz. Theres nothn that suggests someone having a toy gun as a kid will make †ђξ kid grow up to become an armed robber, that's absolutly ridiculus.. When I was a kid I remember playing with toy guns,tommy gun,dart guns,water guns,watching bruce lee/jackie chan movies..none of this made ♍ε̲̣̣̣ grow up to own a gun or throw indiscriminate punch at people(I lied about †ђξ punch thou) winkserzly toys are just toys. They are not gonna shape ur kids future but rather a good parental /solid religous upbringing will make ur kids achieve their potential.

I also remember having different types of toy guns as a kid. It was fun. The females got dolls (barbie or so). I read comic books such as Tin-Tin, Asterix and Obelix, etc. Watched cartoons on NTA (lagos) channel 5 & 10 such as Thunder-Sub, Speed Racer, Voltron etc.

Toy guns are okay as long as there is adequate parental care and good upbringing. Some of the armed robbers today never had toy guns as kids but had access to bad company.

1 Like

Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by Joebeck(f): 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
Is not all toys that one can buy for ones children and gun toys is one of them. All those toys has a spirit. That is the reason why one should pray before giving it to ones children to use.
Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by Peterwins(m): 2:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
shollynoob: Fire fire fire.... those are the sound frm a toy Gun
Paul said "...all things are not Expedient"
To the Future Parent- if u go shopping for toys for kids, i want to use d language of Paul here, is it Expedient to buy a toy GUN for kids?
...hearing fire fire fire this morning and i look thro my window i saw one young guy probably less than 5yrs old i guess, firing a gun at a younger brother, 'fire fire fire...Gun talking'
And my mind was saying something, "that is sending a wrong message to the subconscious"
I may be wrong anyway, but most of the things we do, we learnt it while we were not even aware we are learning. I said to myself, i ll never buy a toy GUN for my children

With the various challenges of modern day parenting in the 21st century (the internet age), it's not about buying a toy gun or not for your kids (it may not be expedient for you though). It's about teaching them appropriately about good and bad behaviors. Good behavior get rewarded and bad behavior get punished.

Take the case of teaching se.x education in schools for example. I guess the debate about its appropriateness/suitability is still on-going in some schools.

Its better I buy my male child a toy gun, buy one for myself and play with each other with it and teach him the difference between a toy and a real gun than for him to be misled by others. However, different strokes for different folks.
Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by Peterwins(m): 3:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
This link from a reliable website: http://www.webmd.com/parenting/features/toy-guns-do-they-lead-real-life-violence
provides a better and broader perspective on this issue.

Parents should endeavor to read the article therein.

1 Like

Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by Nadoson: 9:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
2 me somtims it does cos dia woz a time one of my brodas in my famly big compound crucified his yonga broda afta watchn d crucification of Jesus christ in a film.
One boy also nearly killd his yonga sista afta wachn chainese film. So 2 me, doz tins we c as notin somtims signals kids 2 wrong actions. Tnx.
Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by nnewa: 3:42am On Dec 28, 2012
am really in a fix about this.when i started making babies i thought to myself i wouldn't encourage use of toy guns. years down the line i thought i was winning until this Xmass when my first son,6 years and his brother 5, are making mem restless with their constant demand for a toy gun. though of late i noticed them play with toy guns they fabricated with loose papers, and play hide and sek with their mates they get such inspiration from the cartoons they watch since they act out different xters of their choice.i'm almost giving in to their request especially since they also seem to be in love with hte force. but am scared seeing them act shooting and dieing,fighting with swords, insisting the opponent must fall and 'die'.i know differnt exposures and different results. can some one take me up from here
Re: Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids by amandadgdfg: 11:01am On Dec 28, 2012

(1) (Reply)

If Your Husband Wants A Another Man To Sleep With You As Collateral For Loan / Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? / Please Is There Any Remmitance That Still Send Naira To Nigeria Bank Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.