Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? (13994 Views)

Poll: Should They?

Yes: 81% (71 votes)
No: 18% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids / Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! / Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by deluxecad(m): 11:19pm On Mar 19, 2010
Yea, you heard me. I love guns(in an unsafe neighbourhood as this)  and I think any real man should have at least one in his house. Should he let his wife know where? For me, NO! What's do you think? Licensed machine. Lol.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by deluxecad(m): 11:31pm On Mar 19, 2010
Wat if u lived in Jos?
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by Nobody: 12:01am On Mar 20, 2010
I think you have to let your wife know about it cos if she discovers it herself she may suspect you are up to something.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by abrahym(m): 12:42am On Mar 20, 2010
What if armed robber rape em wife?
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by saintneo(m): 1:37am On Mar 20, 2010
never trust women w/ security, they are too susceptible to change.

consider a situation - a rumor abt u n your secretary comes home to your wife . . . . . . . these daughters of eve can get angry uncontrollably lipsrsealed
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by ayettymama(f): 1:40am On Mar 20, 2010
Yes i would love to have a gun-

get rid of it when u have kids

but a gun must be there!
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by deluxecad(m): 7:20am On Mar 20, 2010
@ayettymama: u a man?
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by daduke2k(m): 7:33am On Mar 20, 2010
U nid 2 tel ur wife abt it. Its safer dat way. Bt dont tel her where u kept it , or she blast off ur head one day. Its gud 2 hav one ,hop its licensd though. I got one but it aint licensd, only ma sister knws abt it.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by ThePelican(m): 7:35am On Mar 20, 2010
You need to tell her you have a gun, and show her. But don't ever make the mistake of letting her know where you've kept it. Or you might put it somewhere in her presence and change the location within 5 or 10 minutes.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by EVERWIN(m): 10:10am On Mar 20, 2010
Of couse and especially a white man in naija must have some kevlar and AK47 in his house.

And on the move some beretta on body. Even with protection of ssx, things can go realy wrong in naija.

Too many hungries and desperates walking around.

Becos of this I think I even need one more AK47 for inside my car.

By the way are there no shooting clubs in naija? Anybody know such clubs and is legal to join?
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by Tarmpa: 11:04am On Mar 20, 2010
Yes,it's very good 2 own a gun.I even have a licenced one.The 1st time i arrived frm d states in 2001,some bad boys attackd me & made away with all my dolars,that was when i knew dat i can't do without a gun in dis country.If i were married,i'lld have told my wife about d gun,show it to her & even keep it in her presence, But as soon as she's out of there,i'll quikely take it completely away from there & take it even to a different room entirely to keep,4 security reasons.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by MuNeme(m): 11:39am On Mar 20, 2010
She needs not to know only about the gun but also how to use it in case the man is not around and the need arises. She should also know of any charm the man has in the house!
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by SisiKill1: 11:51am On Mar 20, 2010
As soon as I pass my psyche evaluation, I'm getting one. . .no home is complete without it.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by daylae(m): 11:59am On Mar 20, 2010
^ u should be the last person to own a gun. Jeez!
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by SisiKill1: 12:08pm On Mar 20, 2010
Huh??!!
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by Chykason(m): 12:23pm On Mar 20, 2010
^^looking at your username and at your signature tells me you've one already~!
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by SisiKill1: 12:26pm On Mar 20, 2010
I don't own it though, It's my brother's and getting him to share is like pulling tooth.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by stagger: 1:14pm On Mar 20, 2010
Last time robbers raided our estate, it took the police (who arrived 5 mins after the distress call bc of the heavy duty politicians who live around there) to intevene.

One of them even asked " so out of all of una wey dey here, nobody get gun sef! Na wa for una o!"

I was shocked! I think owning one is not a bad idea. Get a licensed one though! Illegal possession of firearms is not something you want to get caught for in Nigeria. A million and one crimes can be branded on your head!

People get shot everyday in the various SARS divisions in Nigeria, many of them innocent. Some just because guns not licensed were found within their vicinities.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by kufreabasi(m): 1:17pm On Mar 20, 2010
I think it is very good for one to have a gun in his house for self protection and let your wife knows about it, cos this country (Nigeria) and her atrocities is out of handthis days. Even you go out with it to avoid any embarrasement from miscrants at any place, you can use it to defend yourself.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by PurestBoy(m): 1:20pm On Mar 20, 2010
Don't ever let your wife know about cos dat will be riskier than not having one.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by Mobinga: 1:33pm On Mar 20, 2010
A man should have a pistol with him, everyday as he moves to work and back. A man should have a very sharp knife in the dashboard of his car. And finally, a man should have a dual barrel pump action shotgun in his house, Without his wife knowing!
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 20, 2010
In Nigeria this is what you need to keep and have in your house for protection of wife, kids and ehm money.

Especially in Jos !!

1. An M4 Rifle

2. A bullet proof vest

3. Bullet proof Helmet

Just joking,  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 20, 2010
I think I need this, And how much does a gun cost please?.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by ebioloye1: 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2010
PLS IF YOU DONT STAY IN JOS DONT BUY OH BUT IF YOU STAY IN JOS YOU CAN GO AHEAD AND BUY shocked
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by samcc30(m): 3:27pm On Mar 20, 2010
i
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by ebioloye1: 3:34pm On Mar 20, 2010
yes i understand you but because of the country we are i think we dont really need it is only when you live in crisis area that is when you need to get it in nigeria, jos, warri, porthacout, bayesan
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by MeGaStReEt: 3:37pm On Mar 20, 2010
I have 2 guns.

the pistle in my car and the rifle in my bedroom

If you try anytin funny, lol 6 fit direct
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by deluxecad(m): 3:40pm On Mar 20, 2010
HAHAHA! IT'S NEEDFUL.

cool

Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by ebioloye1: 3:43pm On Mar 20, 2010
o boy take am easy oh
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by Cupidkc(m): 3:44pm On Mar 20, 2010
Yes!!! every1 shld hav a gun. My Dad hs 1,n everybody in d family knws where its kept.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by ebioloye1: 3:48pm On Mar 20, 2010
pls who know how much the guns cost?
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by ayettymama(f): 3:54pm On Mar 20, 2010
lol

no im not A man

inno its imp to have a gun!
esp in naija

but not all these huuuge shotguns ooo

a light small one that will just wound and disable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Get Married To Your Cousin? / Why Do Men Cheat ( Strictry For Females) / Snake In The Stomach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.