Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 (19318 Views)

"Phone Numbers May Disappear In 2016" / Tecno Partners With Blackberry On BBM For Android Application / Browse With Your Blackberry On Pc As Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by 2million1(m): 8:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
that's a lie na, why must b.b disappear wen we have so many babes in Naija...naija sales alone can keep them running for eternity
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by passion007: 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
ekt_bear: Why doesn't Blackberry team up with Microsoft?
Nokia's alliance with Microsoft is a case in point... There's your answer.
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by vislabraye(m): 8:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
RIM needs to upgrade. If they're in the class of android, they would remain unbeatable.
But BB still has P2P function which no other phone has got.
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 27, 2012
Idle prediction similar to the mayan prediction.

They are gonna eat their words come 2013.

Blackberry, with all their shortcomings, is not going away anytime soon.

Haterz gonna hate but ...
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by jadajada: 8:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
it's techno n3 all d way cuz andriod rocks.
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
bros na so dat tecno gud reach cuz d hype for this nairaland alone wan make me buy d fone
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by charlsecy4(m): 9:01pm On Dec 27, 2012
2 million: naija sales alone can keep them running for eternity
Not when the majority of the users use fairly used products that absolutely adds nothing to RIM. Second-hand sales actually kill their real sales.

3 Likes

Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by ocelot2006(m): 9:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
huni_naija: Whether it becomes extinct or not the blackberry will remain one of my favorite phones, the love i have for it cannot be comprehended altho slowly and slyly iv been cheating on it with my iphone 4s... grin

Will miss you my beauriful BB... Iphone tinzz 2013 cool

you cheater!! Just kidding cheesy

'just bought a Torch 9860, but I've equally been bitten by the Android bug. Thinking of the Samsung S3 or one of Acer's products.
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by vandarsar(m): 9:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
lol. Africa won't save RIM bro.

oyb: don't mean a thing - apple was once on a list such as this
hopefully bb10 will turn the tide - make or break time
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
Thank God,all this"can u subscribe my BIS for me will soon be over". Father Lord,I thank u.
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by hakunajay(m): 9:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
[quote author=SELFWORTH][/quote]

aba made
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by Samchelsea(m): 9:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
Na so una go dey carry U.S mata come Naija......BB fit go into extinction 4 Europe or America bt not 4 Naija atleast not next year
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by sushieater: 9:15pm On Dec 27, 2012
charlsecy4:
Not when the majority of the users use fairly used products that absolutely adds nothing to RIM. Second-hand sales actually kill their real sales.
abeg, help me tell am.. 'naija sales' can't even feed Thorsten Heins for a month..
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by mj(m): 9:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
The only reason while people feel BB10 will fail is because they have not taking time to look into it features, BB10 is faster than any smartphone out there in browsing, Comparison has be made with Iphone 5, Samsung S3, Samsung tried sha but BB was still faster. Also BB10 has d HUB program which is my favorite, Multitasking, do you know in BB10 you can have two App words running side by side doing different things, the camera is mad, I have not seen anything like that, Back in time Camera - Camera wit time shift, that's magical. I'll kip updating you about BB10. I'm really not a fan of BB but I'm a fan of BB10, I can't wait for it to be release January 30th.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by kodebin(m): 9:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
Why do peeps hate BB this Much.. Y'all saying Androids, Iphones and d Like,, How much does it cost 2 maintain internet for a month; Sumfn like 7 to 8k Right?? Most peeps can't afford this. This is still a developing country where internet service is high compared 2 advanced countries..

I Pay 1500 and am online for a month buh its worth it, atleast for the sake of students and not-well-to-do peeps.. If only Androids and Iphones exists, Can e'rybody own one.. You buy an Iphone for #120k or so and u still pay 8k per month in order 2 be online.. BB saves money peeps.. It aint all bout pinging.. I for example love being online as per research and heavy downloads, Can I do so with an Android or Iphone?? Nope.. Cuz downloading 30GB of data with an android will cost about 50k.. Its all about choice peeps..

The only Downside BB xperience is peeps in africa do buy fairly used always which do not promote sales for the RIM Company..

Y'all talking bout Nokia symbian vs BB.. How many apps does nokia run at a time that u guys are talking about battery life.. BB runs whatsapp,BBM,2go,operamini,ucweb,web browser,emails,instant messengers at once and still retain its battery life at least to some extent.. Download only Whatsapp on ur nokia and Yo battery starts singing songs..

For those saying u Can use BB subscription on other devices,, its only Airtel where u get only 1GB which means nufn compared to a heavy data user.. MTN BIS can be used buh only with special VPN softwares on PC which u still have 2 pay for the service..

All in All,, BB is a great device.. For communication and Economy.. Androids and Iphones:Sleek and strictly for the Rich..

Yo Choice..

7 Likes

Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by Sormeh: 9:27pm On Dec 27, 2012
huni_naija: Whether it becomes extinct or not the blackberry will remain one of my favorite phones, the love i have for it cannot be comprehended altho slowly and slyly iv been cheating on it with my iphone 4s... grin

Will miss you my beauriful BB... Iphone tinzz 2013 cool

Ladies sha!
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by jedisco(m): 9:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
The last time I checked, BBs were still the most popular smartphones in Nigeria with over 50% market share.
It still seems alot of you folks do not understand that variety is the spice of life.

BTW, I don't use one.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by zangiff(m): 9:35pm On Dec 27, 2012
av been expecting this
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by sushieater: 9:39pm On Dec 27, 2012
mj: The only reason while people feel BB10 will fail is because they have not taking time to look into it features, BB10 is faster than any smartphone out there in browsing, Comparison has be made with Iphone 5, Samsung S3, Samsung tried sha but BB was still faster. Also BB10 has d HUB program which is my favorite, Multitasking, do you know in BB10 you can have two App words running side by side doing different things, the camera is mad, I have not seen anything like that, Back in time Camera - Camera wit time shift, that's magical. I'll kip updating you about BB10. I'm really not a fan of BB but I'm a fan of BB10, I can't wait for it to be release January 30th.
pls, are you a developer? did RIM give you the dev alpha A, B or C?..forget all these things u read on crackberry, BB10 phones(Z10 & X10) are not just it for 2013 phones..the rumoured ARISTO would've been a better choice than those
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by Sormeh: 9:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
jadajada: it's techno n3 all d way cuz andriod rocks.
Yes o!
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by sushieater: 9:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
jedisco: The last time I checked, BBs were still the most popular smartphones in Nigeria with over 50% market share.
It still seems alot of you folks do not understand that variety is the spice of life.

BTW, I don't use one.
yeah, but 48% of the 50% are fairly used bb phones from other countries..have you ever thought of what would happen to RIM when those countries we get the phones from are no longer buying bb phones?..Nigerian market share or african market share can never help RIM!!

1 Like

Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by Goldenheart(m): 9:50pm On Dec 27, 2012
A DREAM COME TRUE......
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by MsAfroZest(f): 10:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
Yomieluv: Thank God,all this"can u subscribe my BIS for me will soon be over". Father Lord,I thank u.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by ochukoccna: 10:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
I see the NL vultures have gathered to feast on BB's carcass
Keep waiting
Cracker a$$ b#tches!
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by Dee60: 10:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
Nigeria will save BB. Apple is not user-friendly around here!
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by confusion247(m): 10:47pm On Dec 27, 2012
When i read this type of news i keep wondering how can a market research in USA alone determine the fate of a BB. Here in Nigeria BB still has the highest market share followed by nokia. How many Nigerians are using IPHONE, Samsung Galaxy series or notes?
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by Sike(m): 10:48pm On Dec 27, 2012
I don't trust this post tho. :|
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by talktimi(m): 10:52pm On Dec 27, 2012
No matter wetin una talk, I love my bb havnt changed my bold 2 since last year because its efficient enuff for me besides I havnt even paid subscription since june yet I hav unlimited downloads and I dey ping steady. Tell me one iphone or android phone wey fit do the same grin
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by jedisco(m): 10:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
sushieater: yeah, but 48% of the 50% are fairly used bb phones from other countries..have you ever thought of what would happen to RIM when those countries we get the phones from are no longer buying bb phones?..Nigerian market share or african market share can never help RIM!!

That's not true. The greater percentage of new phones currently being bought in developing nations like Nigeria and South Africa are BBs. Also they have about 80 million current BIS users and that's not going to disappear easily.
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by mrperfect(m): 11:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
This isn't pretty picture.
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by sushieater: 11:06pm On Dec 27, 2012
jedisco:

That's not true. The greater percentage of new phones currently being bought in developing nations like Nigeria and South Africa are BBs. Also they have about 80 million current BIS users and that's not going to disappear easily.
what's not true? oga, get your facts right before you start this RAY CHARLES arguement you want to start..And oh! it's no longer 80 million, it's now 79 million
Re: Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 by confusion247(m): 11:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
Why are people so anxious to see RIM and their BB collapse? Despite Nokia's market value and shares, they are facing challenges more severe than RIM. Due to economic situations in Africa, RIM and their BB still stands a chance to survive all odds. How many of us in Africa can afford IPHONE 5?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Again Extends NIN Deadline By 8 Weeks / Official Updated PA Google Apps For All Rom's [4.4.x] / Six Tips To Get Your Phone Battery To Charge Much Faster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.