Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says (12352 Views)

Press Release:Zakzaky's Shia Islamic Movement On Zaria Incident With Soldiers / We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido / Fayose Attacks Obasanjo, Says Ex-president Is Nigeria’s Main Enemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by fkaz(m): 4:36am On Dec 28, 2012
http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/update-fire-my-home-%E2%80%98minor%E2%80%99-incident-obasanjo-says
Former Nigeria President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has described the fire at his Abeokuta home on Thursday as a minor one which only affected the office of his Personal Assistant.
Obasanjo, who was not at home at the time, was not sure of the cause of the incident, telling the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), “It may have been some electrical problem.”
NAN quoted him as saying of the incident, “Ile Obasanjo to jo e wa lo bu si,’’ which means, “The fire incident will only add beauty to Obasanjo's house.”
Observers say that as one of Nigeria’s wealthiest men, Obasanjo clearly meant that he will take the opportunity to upgrade the quality of the edifice.
According to the general himself, when he left prison in 1998 he was worth only N20,000 (about $1300). He left office in 2007 an astoundingly rich man. Even his farm, which was dying during his imprisonment, was in November 2004 confirmed by his spokesman, Femi Fani-Kayode to have recovered during his presidency and to be making about N30 million ($250.000) per month.
It would be an irony of sorts should the fire in his mansion today be traced to an “electrical” fault. In his eight years in power, Obasanjo frittered about $16 billion into the hands of contractors and associates in “search” of electricity. None of the money has been accounted for, and the House of Representatives found that some of those who received money did not even clear the land on which they were supposed to have been conducting business or building power plants.

1 Like

Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by fkaz(m): 4:50am On Dec 28, 2012
MAGA DON PAY for obj
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by Jakumo(m): 4:59am On Dec 28, 2012
fkaz: .
It would be an irony of sorts should the fire in his mansion today be traced to an “electrical” fault. In his eight years in power, Obasanjo frittered about $16 billion into the hands of contractors and associates in “search” of electricity. None of the money has been accounted for, and the House of Representatives found that some of those who received money did not even clear the land on which they were supposed to have been conducting business or building power plants.

Yes sir indeed. 16 billion greenback dollars of looted money will fund the construction of many many more mansions to replace the one slightly damaged by this "electrical" fire. Thank you Jeeeeeesus.

For 2013, I pray that God directs me to join the endless "search" for electricity in Nigeria, so the Eagle can land for me to, in Jeeeeesus name, amen.
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by AbdulAdam56(m): 6:21am On Dec 28, 2012
F lipsrsealed
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by donchris369: 6:31am On Dec 28, 2012
Nice one. Obasanjo needs to upgrade his mansion. Atleast after the upgrade, his mansion will beat ibb's mansion hands down. Show ibb say u don pass am for money joorh!

1 Like

Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by Super1759: 7:36am On Dec 28, 2012
According to the general himself, when he left prison in 1998 he was worth only N20,000 (about $1300). He left office in 2007 an astoundingly rich man. Even his farm, which was dying during his imprisonment, was in November 2004 confirmed by his spokesman, Femi Fani-Kayode to have recovered during his presidency and to be making about N30 million ($250.000) per month.
Corruption still @large
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by Bolt2011(m): 9:04am On Dec 28, 2012
Yes na, Baba is right. It will only add beauty to the edifice. Money dey nyanfu-nyanfu. shocked
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by k2039: 9:04am On Dec 28, 2012
[color=soyouquotedme]The only reason it's a minor accident is because you have the money to modify the wreckage
[/color]

2 Likes

Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by solid3(m): 9:05am On Dec 28, 2012
Baba, why were u playin wit banger naw, see what u have caused.

1 Like

Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by Afam4eva(m): 9:06am On Dec 28, 2012
EFCC should pick up this guy. He's just confessed to looting the treasury

1 Like

Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by RedLight1: 9:06am On Dec 28, 2012
choi.. Saharareporter and their propangada report grin
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by chymystique(f): 9:07am On Dec 28, 2012
cheesy ;DMoney Good ooo!
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by Bodmas06: 9:13am On Dec 28, 2012
Ok nah.
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 28, 2012
National assembly need approve 20 billion for the construction of obasanjo house.
afterall, he was the president of FRN and VPs house is costing 12 billion naira only. The president should get something better...
God help our country...
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by Iaz93: 9:20am On Dec 28, 2012
Better!
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by NOPET: 9:20am On Dec 28, 2012
It is a pity that Nigerian are ignorant of the fact that this OBJ guy is a criminal who cannot be affected in as much Nigeria money is concern. He has looted enough and he will continue to enjoy it while it last but one thing is sure...." Death" envitable. To all criminals HELL FIRE

2 Likes

Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by stephenponti(m): 9:24am On Dec 28, 2012
"My Mugu" Abdukareem
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by dennis79687968: 9:24am On Dec 28, 2012
Wen there is money, everything becomes ordinary. God help me pls!!!

1 Like

Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by markus1133: 9:24am On Dec 28, 2012
of coruse it is..at his money
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by Afrocatalyst: 9:25am On Dec 28, 2012
Imagine.

1 Like

Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by memski(m): 9:26am On Dec 28, 2012
NOPET: It is a pity that Nigerian are ignorant of the fact that this OBJ guy is a criminal who cannot be affected in as much Nigeria money is concern. He has looted enough and he will continue to enjoy it while it last but one thing is sure...." Death" envitable. To all criminals HELL FIRE
U re jst talkin trash.. Wats ur evidence he looted.. All this abokis will open their wide mouth and talk poo.. Mumu.
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by floriana(m): 9:27am On Dec 28, 2012
Obasanjo's house has always been on fire since he slept with his son's wife. Yesterday's fire is a small one compared to the fire ignited by obj with his resilient yoghurt gun.
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by gbanikiti(m): 9:29am On Dec 28, 2012
Obasanjo say make i tell una "I DEY LAFF O! grin
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by Jimmy12345(m): 9:29am On Dec 28, 2012
OBJ is my man. No Nigerian president, past or present, has surpassed OBJ performance. He is a man sent by God grin.
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 9:30am On Dec 28, 2012
and the House of Representatives found that some of those who received money did not even clear the land on which they were supposed to have been conducting business or building power plants.. I wept for naija in ogoja language.

1 Like

Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by mascot87(m): 9:31am On Dec 28, 2012
cheesy
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 9:31am On Dec 28, 2012
mikedaniel76@gmail.com:
and the House of Representatives found that some of those who received money did not even clear the land on which they were supposed to have been conducting business or building power plants.. I wept for naija in ogoja language.
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 28, 2012
thank you for all the calls and text messages we received during the minor incident in my oga house. but after estimation,we found that that small affected area will be repaired with a token of 6 billion naira only.all serving governors and senators.loyal to baba will be fully active .we expect a fund raising to start any moment now. thank you.
signed:
Pa to the Pa of the affected Pa.

1 Like

Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by vislabraye(m): 9:44am On Dec 28, 2012
I heard the news today on Channels. The fire was just a small fraction of the whole edifice so he could afford to sing.
I thought it was the type of fire that rocked Lagos Island.
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 28, 2012
afam4eva: EFCC should pick up this guy. He's just confessed to looting the treasury

Who in EFCC will arrest him? Of course that won't happen in NIGERIA
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by Leemak: 9:48am On Dec 28, 2012
Jimmy12345: OBJ is my man. No Nigerian president, past or present, has surpassed OBJ performance. He is a man sent by God grin.
...but wot about u? were u sent by devil?
Re: Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says by Leemak: 9:49am On Dec 28, 2012
minor incident abi? dont worry major incident is on its way......yeye man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: President Buhari In Close-Door Meeting With Kebbi And Jigawa Governors / Anambra Seals Uwa Mgbede Market, Onitsha Over Poor Sanitation, Other Infractions / Gunmen Kidnap Timipre Sylva's Running-Mate's Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.