Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,190 members, 7,953,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:03 PM

Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation (12048 Views)

Ngige Denies Collapsing During Budget Defence / Chris Ngige Collapses During Budget Defence / Essien Ayi Sleeps During 2016 Budget Presentation - See Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by gramci: 6:48am On Dec 28, 2012
Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno State, yesterday, wept openly while presenting the 2013 appropriation bill before the state House of Assembly following the havoc wreaked on the state by members of an Islamic sect.
The governor, who became emotional towards the end of his presentation, however, affirmed that the state would rise again.
“Surely Borno shall rise again,” Shettima repeatedly said, as he told the people that his government was determined to improve on their lives and end the insecurity problem which had crippled economic and social activities.
*Gov Kashim Shettima
Shettima said he was “deeply pained” by the security challenges facing the state, pointing out that the government was doing everything possible to improve on the lives of the people with the little resources at its disposal.
He said: “It is my fervent prayer and hope that this problem will come to an endsoon”
Presenting the N184.3 billion budget tagged The Budget of Collective Renaissance, he said it was aimed at kick-starting the recovery, growth and development of all segments of the state through conscious, scientificand consultative approach to create new avenues for reviving the state’s economy.
About N52.1 billion is for recurrent expenditure, whileN132.1 billion is for capital expenditure.
Shettima said: “We shall explore more ways of generating revenue to effectively fund our projects and programmes that have direct impact on the lives of the people.
“We will maintain prudence,accountability and transparency in the management of scarce resources.”
According to him, the budget is expected to be financed from a statutory allocation of N108.7 billion from the Federation Accountand Internally-Generated Revenue, IGR, of N30.1 billion.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/shettima-weeps-during-budget-presentation/
Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by k2039: 7:23am On Dec 28, 2012
[color=soyouquotedme]All na wash [/color]

3 Likes

Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by kulikuli26: 8:02am On Dec 28, 2012
so borno can still project an average of N2.5 Billion per month in IGR for 2013?mehn if dis is achieved den d state has got great potential, so why not give peace a chance and let dis sweet state achieve her potential.

5 Likes

Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by ITbomb(m): 8:56am On Dec 28, 2012
What were they thinking when they created Boko Haram .
Kaduna became peaceful only after the Muhammadans experience possibly the first reprisal attack from Christians.
They think they have monopoly of violence not knowing that they have nothing to hold the nation to ransom, that is where the militants they are tryin to copy had upper hand

11 Likes

Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by Valiantvaliant(m): 8:59am On Dec 28, 2012
BOKO HARAM, LEAVE BORNO ALONE.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by RedLight1: 9:00am On Dec 28, 2012
crocodile tears.. As if he is not d one benefitin 4rm d whole boko tin
Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by Bolt2011(m): 9:00am On Dec 28, 2012
(Eeyah, so touching cry cry :'.
May the enduring peace of God reign in Northern Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by Siddeek: 9:03am On Dec 28, 2012
No be gossip o. I here say all dis Igbos heaters still dey dere plenty. Abeg wetin de still de do 4 dere na?

1 Like

Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by gbokukueba(m): 9:04am On Dec 28, 2012
Kilon paa e lekun?
Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 28, 2012
Abeg e no b only cry me sef i even cried wen gej did his own budget presentation sote my mama con dey beg me.do u know how many billions dis criminal has swallowed since boko bois finished his state i dnt even know y d fg is givin d guy any money cus d state of insecurity wuld prevent any reasonable work from getting done

1 Like

Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by bunchyproject(m): 9:06am On Dec 28, 2012
God Help Us
Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by Afamdman(m): 9:14am On Dec 28, 2012
Siddeek: No be gossip o. I here say all dis Igbos heaters still dey dere plenty. Abeg wetin de still de do 4 dere na?
eediot its people like you that will not make peace happen in that state. Bloody closet boko-harem.

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by Iaz93: 9:16am On Dec 28, 2012
Aiyyah! God help them!
Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by zikclassiq(m): 9:19am On Dec 28, 2012
ITbomb: What were they thinking when they created Boko Haram .
Kaduna became peaceful only after the Muhammadans experience possibly the first reprisal attack from Christians.
They think they have monopoly of violence not knowing that they have nothing to hold the nation to ransom, that is where the militants they are tryin to copy had upper hand
u made sense there
Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by floriana(m): 9:22am On Dec 28, 2012
These Boko boys are really robbing Borno of quality service and leadership this man called Shettima would have given his people.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by solid3(m): 9:22am On Dec 28, 2012
No Comment.
Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by stjudas(m): 9:23am On Dec 28, 2012
Pls, have my towel to wipe ur crocodile tears.
Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by Godjone(m): 9:24am On Dec 28, 2012
how i wish his tears will touch the heart of this blood suckers. I join in crying 4 borno which was one of the most peaceful state in the north. May God turn his tears to joy amen! *sobing*
Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by pressongodsay(m): 9:25am On Dec 28, 2012
hiroz: Abeg e no b only cry me sef i even cried wen gej did his own budget presentation sote my mama con dey beg me.do u know how many billions dis criminal has swallowed since boko bois finished his state i dnt even know y d fg is givin d guy any money cus d state of insecurity wuld prevent any reasonable work from getting done
So u have given d state out.
Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by mu2sa2: 9:31am On Dec 28, 2012
Terrorists like you advocating more violence should know that Kaduna did not become peaceful because of the so-called reprisal attacks(By the way lunatics on both sides engaged in mad killings in the name of reprisals.) The relative peace in the city is due largely to the efforts of christian and muslim religious leaders and indeed some well-meaning youth groups. Reprisal killing anywhere can only lead to more killings and violence; it can never bring peace. In fact, the christian reprisal killings u are extolling was sheer lunacy- drunken men blocked Kaduna-Abuja Highway over several days pulling inter-state travellers out of their vehicles and killing them. These unfortunate victims had nothing to do with the initial killing,some were even christians.

7 Likes

Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by Siddeek: 9:31am On Dec 28, 2012
see dis fool. Dis xtians i dnt knw wat is wrong wit ur head. Dis xtians ar fools o. If u tink u can tek reprisal attack on innocent muslims, why not come inside d city 2 do dat? Why attacking innocent travelers who ar nt even residing in kaduna. Stupid pple

1 Like

Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by mascot87(m): 9:32am On Dec 28, 2012
cheesy angry
Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by ITbomb(m): 9:37am On Dec 28, 2012
mu2sa2:
The relative peace in the city is due largely to the efforts of christian and muslim religious leaders and indeed some well-meaning youth groups.

Obviously your Sheik would not agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by GARRIx7(m): 9:37am On Dec 28, 2012
I also wept openly the day when rain destroyed four baskets of my garri..... sad sad

8 Likes

Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by Tolexander: 9:40am On Dec 28, 2012
can there be a smoke without a fire? Who are the people behind the boko harams, arent they?
Maybe the guy cried when he saw the state allowance he is gonna convert to his own personal wealth lieng on the boko haram's evil perpetration
Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by mu2sa2: 9:40am On Dec 28, 2012
ITbomb:
Obviously your Sheik would not agree with you.
A word is enough for a f00l.
Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 28, 2012
Siddeek: [color=#990000][/color] see dis fool. Dis xtians i dnt knw wat is wrong wit ur head. Dis xtians ar fools o. If u tink u can tek reprisal attack on innocent muslims, why not come inside d city 2 do dat? Why attacking innocent travelers who ar nt even residing in kaduna. Stupid pple
with due respect. i think you are the fool here. they made their point, and its the fact. the christians being slaughtered by those blood sucking vampires. are they not innocent? when you muslims cannot restrain your brothers from doing evil, what do you expect. or do you want to tell me that muslim in the north dont know the perpetrators of all the evil acts going on down there. aint it the same mosque ya'll pray together?

4 Likes

Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by petrov10: 9:47am On Dec 28, 2012
Siddeek: [color=#990000][/color] see dis fool. Dis xtians i dnt knw wat is wrong wit ur head. Dis xtians ar fools o. If u tink u can tek reprisal attack on innocent muslims, why not come inside d city 2 do dat? Why attacking innocent travelers who ar nt even residing in kaduna. Stupid pple
do d world a favour and kill urself...u are not fit 2 live

1 Like

Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 28, 2012
Siddeek: No be gossip o. I here say all dis Igbos heaters still dey dere plenty. Abeg wetin de still de do 4 dere na?
you want to start wat you can't finish abi? We understand when someone is successful poor people will always gossip about them. I know it pains you people the way we control commerce in dis country. While you are more worried about that toilet broom soup and black sh-it u eat and call it food.
Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 28, 2012
Lmao @ Budget of collective Renaissance grin

1 Like

Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by Chanchit: 9:55am On Dec 28, 2012
Abegi na person wei born bastard pikin go carry am. Any Nigerian politician that does not know how to cry in public now still has some training to do, cos dts the new strategy.

3 Likes

Re: Shettima Weeps During Budget Presentation by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 28, 2012
I pray someone kill all your family dis year. Idiots all over the world only you people spill blood. So Allah fuc-k bar ask you people to do so abi? Why not pack yourself inside a gas chamber kill yourself cos Allah fuc-k bar is waiting for you in hell.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari And VP Osinbajo Host Students From North East IDP / Onyejeocha Still Suffering From Shock Of Defeat By Amobi Ogah — LP (Video) / Adebutu: I Lost Ogun Gov Election To Abiodun Because I Didn’t Shed Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.