Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

A Website For All Private Schools In Anambra State - Pls Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Website For All Private Schools In Anambra State - Pls Review (2888 Views)

onlytechminds.com pls review blog. / The New Look Of My Forum - pls review / Pls Review Www.ebusinessinfos.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Website For All Private Schools In Anambra State - Pls Review by greenmouse(m): 8:34am On Dec 28, 2012
I spent some time to work on this web roject knowing the magnitude of the project. This day its nearing completion, just remaining to uppdate individual schools websites. Pls kindly add your suggestions and review coment before its launch this January by Governor Peter Obi of Anmabra State. : www.nappsanambra.com
Re: A Website For All Private Schools In Anambra State - Pls Review by yawatide(f): 6:11pm On Dec 28, 2012
Looks good all in all.

1) "Stay on the know" should be "stay in the know"
2) The "about us dropdown only looks good on the home page and not on other pages (has white font, which is unreadable)
3) Would be nice to have a listing of member schools
4) Would be nice if photo gallery used a javascript library like lightbox instead of popup
5) I noticed all the pages have "html" extension. If not using a CMS, I imagine updating will be a pain as you probably are not taking advantage of server side includes
Re: A Website For All Private Schools In Anambra State - Pls Review by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 6:37pm On Dec 28, 2012
Nice one bro/boss, happy 4 u.

but i think is you edit ur javascript of banner to pause on hover, it wld be good.

also, the about drop down menu shld have an hover effect, may b bg color change on hover of d dropdwn menu items.

also, d class active for home shld b active on hover of other menu items.

great job.
Re: A Website For All Private Schools In Anambra State - Pls Review by Taiw(m): 9:07pm On Dec 28, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
Looks good all in all.

1) "Stay on the know" should be "stay in the know"
2) The "about us dropdown only looks good on the home page and not on other pages (has white font, which is unreadable)
3) Would be nice to have a listing of member schools
4) Would be nice if photo gallery used a javascript library like lightbox instead of popup
5) I noticed all the pages have "html" extension. If not using a CMS, I imagine updating will be a pain as you probably are not taking advantage of server side includes
i'm working on a job portal site using visual studio 2010 and i ave already designed d layout but my challenges are:
1. since i'll be updating it frequently, how do i design it in such a way to ease the updates without seeing the html codes
2. If i make a post on the subcategory, how do i make it appear automatically on d homepage or do i nid to copy and paste again?
3. I want to be able to alert my registered users if dere is an update.how do i go about it.
You could also recommend books that can aid the development of the site.
Re: A Website For All Private Schools In Anambra State - Pls Review by greenmouse(m): 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2012
Thanks so much for your comments @yewatide and @afolnetworks, will work on the observations.
Re: A Website For All Private Schools In Anambra State - Pls Review by yawatide(f): 10:24pm On Dec 28, 2012
@Taiw Looks like you will need a CMS for this...
Re: A Website For All Private Schools In Anambra State - Pls Review by guru01(m): 3:42am On Dec 29, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
Looks good all in all.

You need to change the font color

Taiw:
i'm working on a job portal site using visual studio 2010 and i ave already designed d layout but my challenges are:
1. since i'll be updating it frequently, how do i design it in such a way to ease the updates without seeing the html codes
2. If i make a post on the subcategory, how do i make it appear automatically on d homepage or do i nid to copy and paste again?
3. I want to be able to alert my registered users if dere is an update.how do i go about it.
You could also recommend books that can aid the development of the site.
What you need is a database driven site. Probably a CMS will do.
Re: A Website For All Private Schools In Anambra State - Pls Review by WebsiteDesigner: 7:16am On Dec 29, 2012
greenmouse: I spent some time to work on this web roject knowing the magnitude of the roject. This day its nearing completion, just remaining to uppdate individual schools websites. Pls kindly add your suggestions and review coment before its launch this January by Governor Peter Obi of Anmabra State. : www.nappsanambra.com

Do get in touch with me if u would need to transform d site with a CMS like Joomla -for easy editing and an interactive database. I'm also in Anambra.
Re: A Website For All Private Schools In Anambra State - Pls Review by Taiw(m): 7:57pm On Dec 29, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
@Taiw Looks like you will need a CMS for this...
though i dont know much about CMS but will joomla be ideal and do i need to start from scratch?
Re: A Website For All Private Schools In Anambra State - Pls Review by william5: 8:42pm On Dec 29, 2012
The Basic Layout is a good idea but execution is a bit rough

1. The Navbar ( Orange ) spacing is uneven - More space on the right than on the left.
2. Improve the graphics for the Header, The texts are a bit undecided
3. The Width of all the site's content is totally uneven
4. Try to work on the top padding/margin of the headings in the coloured boxes as well as the educational zones.

Bring out your wax and make this site shine.

Score: 5 out of 10
Re: A Website For All Private Schools In Anambra State - Pls Review by greenmouse(m): 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2012
WebsiteDesigner:

Do get in touch with me if u would need to transform d site with a CMS like Joomla -for easy editing and an interactive database. I'm also in Anambra.
. The project is based on the specifications and agreement. I can do CMS very well. Thanks.
Re: A Website For All Private Schools In Anambra State - Pls Review by yawatide(f): 12:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
@Taiw,
Not code-wise. You already have the site built. Next step would be to make sure the code is "cut" up to conform to the requirements of the particular CMS. You will definitely need a tutorial for this.

(1) (Reply)

How To Add All Friends To Facebook Group By Single Click / +get Standard P2P, ICOS, MLM, E-commerce, Forum, Sch Portal (Pay After Service.) / Sending Unlimited Mails With Cpanel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.