Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,935 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

How To Start A Business As A Corps Member - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How To Start A Business As A Corps Member (15123 Views)

Nairaland Congratulates All 2015/2016 Batch A Corps Members Passing Out Today / NYSC Important Notice To All Prospective 2016 Batch A Corps Members / Corps Member Chokes Girlfriend Over Rival In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 7:30am On Dec 30, 2012
In your respective place of primary assignments, you get to meet different kinds of people. I will talk more on the village setting because that's where I was posted to. In my PPA, there are schools where you have many students, teachers and fellow corps members teaching in schools. Aside from teaching in my PPA, i went to other schools especially private schools and offered to teach their students just an hour class and if they were impressed with how i taught, We could talk about a part time job. I was moving around teaching chemistry and integrated science. There was one school in which one of their teachers was given another subject so that i could teach chemistry in his place. I was being paid N2000 per week and i taught 3 hours in 3 days. Many corps members can try this especially if u are articulate and have passion for teaching. Many principals will find space to accommodate you if and only if you are really good. Just offer to teach a single class for free and your knowledge and professionalism can offer you a part time job in that school. In my case then, I was teaching in 3 schools. Two were private and i picked up 5k from both per week. Now there's only little capital involved here, just 700# transport per week. If you are posted to local govt councils, this is your best bet as i have discovered, council corpers are not of much use in the office.

The students that you teach in the village deserve to enjoy many previleges and u can be the one providing those at your convenient time.
While we were growing up, we played family comm game. You can also take it to your PPA and allow them to play for maybe N10 and you check time for them. You can also find one of your students around and teach him how to play it. He will teach others and you too will teach them. At a point, they will start gaining interest and you buy ps1 and ps2 and include it with the family comm. Over here i charge N30 for Pes soccer. All you need is a small gen and 17 inch tvs. If you are good in finding bargain for goods you can resell those tv's and make profit, then bring in another one to replace with your profit in your pocket. Just find an empty space outside in front of a shop, and use for that purpose. Many of d villagers will develop interest in the electronics u are using and you can make money supplying it to them. These are things i have done and i have no doubt about anything i mentioned. Experience all through.

The teachers in the school I taught then were getting enough money to live a good life. Some would buy fake products thinking they were good and then showed me. I would tell them "oh thats the refurbished one" and they paid the same money as for the original. If you are good in spotting quality products and counterfeits you can use it to your advantage and make money. Many youths know original suits, shoes, phones, computers, electronics, cars and etc. If u see that those teachers use fake products, you can introduce d original of those products to them and other teachers and the moment one of them bought, you will keep getting order for the same products. E.g If many of the teachers are fond of using china phones, you can introduce quality java, symbian and android phones to them. Make sure u love-vendor d phones with utilities. Explain to them what the phones can do in terms getting teaching materials, meeting people online, sending emails online and etc. In the city this will not work because of the level of exposure. The moment one of the teachers develop interest, other ones also will like to get theirs. These teachers have money but many corps members would just disregard them. There's one teacher in one of the schools i taught that had a computer system. He told me that he was planning to buy an mtn modem as there was no airtel network coverage with the airtel modem he bought. I told him that, if he could give me one thousand five hundred naira that i would help him to make it compatible to all his sim cards. He was impressed and gave me one thousand naira first and then the balance if i succeed. Unlocking of internet modems is found everywhere on the net but u can use peoples inability to read to make money. It's no sin. I had unlocked 5 modems for different teachers and i was handsomely rewarded on each case. Learn this trick too cuz u will come across someone that will need your service in that regard.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 7:42am On Dec 30, 2012
Davidohida: I see some post and ppl were saying i was collecting 9775 naira Wen i was serving.u dnt just start business,u take into consideratn of so many tinz.d cost of living of those days cant b compared to nw.i cant starve because i want to go into business.where u re determines wat u do.no one can use his or her allowance to venture into a business if there is no oda source of finance.except u re in 4 d pea nuts dat comes out of it.dis thread is nt real,i am a corps member serving in cross river state and guys believe me wen i say it is nt easy

money is not everything, take time to read the comments posted on this thread and you will see things u can do that will fetch you enough money without u going hungry. Btw i served in aKw ibm and i manage to do all these things i explained in my posts. Now i'm an ex-copa doing various businesses there. Start small ok. Read this article i wrote and see www.nairaland.com/1127338/ex-corps-member-making-it#13309013

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:17am On Dec 30, 2012
@davidohida it is interesting that u concluded too early,if d post cannot benefit u as u claim,some one out there will benefit.u know this adage that says if food is cooked in a leaf & serve,d person that will be fill will b filled.calabar can be expensive,but that doesnt stop u from doing something.i also live in NNS Anansa B4.if your course tend to be professional,with 10K i.e biz card & handbill.pls get a skill.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 30, 2012
Davidohida: I see some post and ppl were saying i was collecting 9775 naira Wen i was serving.u dnt just start business,u take into consideratn of so many tinz.d cost of living of those days cant b compared to nw.i cant starve because i want to go into business.where u re determines wat u do.no one can use his or her allowance to venture into a business if there is no oda source of finance.except u re in 4 d pea nuts dat comes out of it.dis thread is nt real,i am a corps member serving in cross river state and guys believe me wen i say it is nt easy
What are you saying? If you must know I finished service june 2011, so tell me the difference between last year and 2012? Don't discourage people who wants to venture into biz you can sit down and keep being pessimistic.

Read my post again, I didn't say I used 9775 to start a business,and moreover if you save let's say 60,000(which is 3mnths allowee) out of 200,000k (12mnths alowee)it will be enough to start a small business as a corper and with time it will grow plus the experience gathered in the course of doing business.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by tallfish145(m): 9:55am On Dec 30, 2012
Even igbo sef na lucratic busines but if they catch u.....
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 10:01am On Dec 30, 2012
tallfish145: Even igbo sef na lucratic busines but if they catch u.....
Hahaaaha maybe you tried it and you were caught. So are you telling us to try it or abstain from such venture
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by globalageservic: 10:22am On Dec 30, 2012
I luv what u guys re doing here, i finish my service march 2011, during our set, alawee was 9700, but i was able to save as little as 80k or more which i used to start up my biz, and today my investment is wort millions. Just beliv in ur dream and go start up something no mater what it is

2 Likes

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by DGranite(m): 11:05am On Dec 30, 2012
nne3870:
Even if you studied sweeping and mopping, you can still do business.lol babe wat of me dat studied sleeping science? hahaha
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 30, 2012
A very nice thread.

I served in one of the villages in d north and understand d message being passed by the poster.

During my time, I was driven by fear of wat will happen after service. I needed to save as much as I can

Don't chat away ur time. No idle gossip use ur time well.

During my time, I had 3 jobs and 5 means of income. My ppa , a computer tutor lesson and a hotel mgr. I get money from fed govt, state govt, my pps and d hotel I was working. Work in d hotel was 3pm to 9pm.

Be very friendly wit d indigenes. Its thru dem u will know d secret of d land. Where I served , a goat was sold abt 2k but more than 10k in Lag. Some corpers got contacts in Lag and east, they buy the goat, send them on waybill to d location they want to sell.
Another hot biz there is beans storage, bt dt biz is cyclical. There are years d profit skyrocket and there are years d investors loose. Beans is usually bought around nov and dec when they are being harvested , treated and stored. The prices begin to rise arnd april. U either sell there in the north, or waybil it to the east and sell wit twice or thrice d profit u wuld have sold in d north. I did the beans business, bt unfortunately, it was d year of loss. D ppl dt did it d next year hit jackpot.

I left d north after NYSC wit so much much. I shared d money into 2, bought shares wit half. Used the remaining for trans during d job hunt. I searched for job for 6months before landing one. God inded didn't want me to suffer cos my cash was abt to finish b4 I found job.
I made friends during NYSC, friends dt had similar interest as mine. We motivate each other. Infact, it was a friend dt I made during Nysc dt informed me of the job opportunity of my 1st job, I was successful at d interview, bt she was nt. She later got another job and we are both doing well now.

2 Likes

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 30, 2012
D Granite: what of me that studied sleeping science?
cheesy cheesy even if na poo management sef can still do business. Nigerians can ask silly questions, a graduate for that matter.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 11:31am On Dec 30, 2012
mercylicious: A very nice thread.

I served in one of the villages in d north and understand d message being passed by the poster.

During my time, I was driven wit fear of wat will happen after service. I needed to save as much as I can.
I was to lecture computer in a tertiary institution. It was a first semester course for a class bt d class never came to be cos of delays in d sch. I took of a job at a computer tutorial centre. Duration was from 8 to 12. I still had spare time, so I took up another job in a hotel. Work starts by 3pm and ends by 9pm. So I had several means of income- fed govt, state, the school, d computer tutor class and d hotel. Our hotel was d best in d villa (sub city). It was owned by a former house of assembly member, so it is patronised by lots of politicians. I became familiar wit them, so when they are drinking, they ask me my brand and I say -stout. They tell me to take me own. Ill keep all d dash drinks and by d end of the day, ill take d cash equivalent. Survival tips in the hotel - I was very playful wit all of them (politicians). A lot prefer d place cos of me. When d pressure was hot, I searched among them and saw one dt was nt wayward, infact,drinking wasn't his hobby bt he must drink to be relevant in d group. I started calling him my best friend and make d others feel its him I want. Dt kept d others at bay.

Be very friendly wit d indigenes. Its thru dem u will know d secret of d land. Where I served , a goat was sold abt 2k but more than 10k in Lag. Some corpers got contacts in Lag and east, do buy the goat, send them on waybill to d location they want to sell.
Another hot biz there is beans storage, bt dt biz is cyclical. There are years d profit skyrocket and there are years d investors loose. Beans is usually bought around nov and dec when they are being harvested , treated and stored. The prices begin to rise arnd april. U either sell there in the north, or waybil it to the east and sell wit twice or thrice d profit u wuld have sold in d north. I did the beans business, bt unfortunately, it was d year of loss. D ppl dt did it d next year hit jackpot.

I left d north after NYSC wit so much much. I shared d money into 2, bought shares wit half. Used the remaining for trans during d job hunt. I searched for job for 6months before landing one. God inded didn't want me to suffer cos my cash was abt to finish b4 I found job.
I made friends during NYSC, friends dt had similar interest as mine. We motivate each other. Infact, it was a friend dt I made during Nysc dt informed me of the job opportunity of my 1st job, I was successful at d interview, bt she was nt. She later got another job and we are both doing well now.
Wow! How i wish all nigerian graduates can think and act accordily. Yo have done well really. Go ahead and invest in businesses. It's good i tell you. Personally i have not applied for any job since i left service and am not lacking anything thanks to my business in my PPA.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by DGranite(m): 11:33am On Dec 30, 2012
mercylicious: A very nice thread.
During my time, I was driven by fear of wat will happen after service. I needed to save as much as I can
Don't chat away ur time. No idle gossip use ur time well.
During my time, I had 3 jobs and 5 means of income. My ppa , a computer tutor lesson and a hotel mgr. I get money from fed govt, state govt, my pps and d hotel I was working. Work in d hotel was 3pm to 9pm.
Be very friendly wit d indigenes. Its thru dem u will know d secret of d land. Where I served , a goat was sold abt 2k but more than 10k in Lag. Some corpers got contacts in Lag and east, they buy the goat, send them on waybill to d location they want to sell.
gud 1 tank God 4 u
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 30, 2012
Let's encourage ourselves here, sitting at home after service hoping to get a shell job or UN job that will never come could be frustrating especially if you have younger ones to fend for. No matter how small it is, just do something.

A friend of mine during service paid about 40,000 in a paint making factory to be trained in that field and today he is making enough to fend for himself.is one year of endurance,determination and hardwork too much compared to the benefits one gains as time goes on?

Some of us are not from very rich background, even with a first class degree you are not guaranteed a job so DO SOMETHING. forget them girls, don't waste money maintaining a girl that would probably dump you after service to be with somebody who actually endured during service and is reaping dividends.
Shallom

3 Likes

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by globalageservic: 12:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
Biz of this mordern days is not all about huge capital, but great idea

4 Likes

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by CrazyMan(m): 12:13pm On Dec 30, 2012
globalageservic: Biz of this mordern days is not all about huge capital, but great idea
Exactly...I total agree with you.
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by lifestyle1(m): 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
globalageservic: I luv what u guys re doing here, i finish my service march 2011, during our set, alawee was 9700, but i was able to save as little as 80k or more which i used to start up my biz, and today my investment is wort millions. Just beliv in ur dream and go start up something no mater what it is

Are you into gold n oil business ?
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
globalageservic: Biz of this mordern days is not all about huge capital, but great idea
Yeah, ideas rules the world
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by anonimi: 12:46pm On Dec 30, 2012
nas4q: Just offer to teach a single class for free and your knowledge and professionalism can offer you a part time job in that school. In my case then, I was teaching in 3 schools. Two were private and i picked up 5k from both per week. Now there's only little capital involved here, just 700# transport per week. If you are posted to local govt councils, this is your best bet as i have discovered, council corpers are not of much use in the office.

Many thanks for the highlighted part, which is the key to breaking into any sector:

* Ensure you have the relevant talents, skills and developed professionally so that the recipients can feel the value added to their lives.
* Give them one free session/small product i.e. testing/ tasting if na food.
* Once they see the added value they will be READY to pay a commensurate price to continue having the benefit.

OP, I like that you seem focused and slowly growing from one level to another. Please ensure you continue the growth path and keep sharing your ideas with others so yours can be nurtured further as well.
To those lazybones who are full of excuses about my allowee too small, expenses too high, i nor go chop etc, make una stay there dey look like Lucozade and Lukman combined. When you are jobless after service you will FAST and pray tire sey you dey look for work aka breakthrough. All that sacrifice wey you no wan make when you had the opportunity to do gently you will now do by force!
And na so imams/priests/pastors go take dey maga ya mugu head dey go.
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 30, 2012
anonimi:

When you are jobless after service you will FAST and pray tire sey you dey look for work aka breakthrough. All that sacrifice wey you no wan make when you had the opportunity to do gently you will now do by force!
And na so imams/priests/pastors go take dey maga ya mugu head dey go.
grin grin
Imagine fasting for forty days for a job to come plus the seed sowing,seed reaping, seed harvest, seed watering, then seed replanting with the little money left and walah..... Some people are smiling to the bank while you are still fasting, lucrative biz if u ask you.
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by edrys(m): 1:48pm On Dec 30, 2012
Interesting. . . Pls. keep the post coming I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊. Its really motivational!
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:44pm On Dec 30, 2012
have u ever considered baking or making snacks eg puffpuff,akara,moin-moin,meat pie.Dont laugh,why u are selling ,your other colleagues will be making u richer(if u are focus & wont sell on credit).Dont be proud ,it wont take more than 6k to get started.in 1 wk that would at least be doubled

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by anonimi: 5:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
excelsiorfarm: have u ever considered baking or making snacks eg puffpuff,akara,moin-moin,meat pie.Dont laugh,why u are selling ,your other colleagues will be making u richer(if u are focus & wont sell on credit).Dont be proud ,it wont take more than 6k to get started.in 1 wk that would at least be doubled

You don't even have to make the snacks you listed yourself.
Just engage some people, put in good management controls and make your money.
When they ask for employers of labour, you already qualify!
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
Good evening NLers, Sorry i didn't post much today; it's because of the premier league matches we had. I was watching as well as supervising my viewing centre. Now we continue.

The ban of okada in lagos and other cities is no longer news but i really don't think if there's any corps member that is thinking of using that to his or her advantage. Let other people's bad luck be your own goodluck. For many that stay in the okada banned regions, have u ever thought of buying any okada from those areas and take to your PPA to sell to the villagers. If you are in doubt, a fairly used okada in akwa ibom goes for 75k with sound engine. I was told by a colleague that one could get it in lagos for as little as 17k. Any corps member going to his PPA may decide to buy one or two and sell for the villagers. On a personal note, if i can get someone that will be supplying me, i would personally buy from such person and then bring it to my location. Little research i made, shows that there are many abandoned motorcycles in local government councils in the cities that okada was banned. A prospective corps member can meet LASTMA officials and negotiate a deal. He or she will then look for an engineer that will scatter the bike. The engine is the most costly part of the motorcycle which can easily be transported forgetting the chassis as it is cheap. Taking it to your PPA, you will discover that engineers will charge you just 500# to couple the bike and then you buy the body about 2k. You will just find out that you have assembled a bike with just 25k or so which you sell at 50k or more depending on how greedy you are. Engineers will find a buyer for you meanwhile you can use it to be transporting yourself to various places. When u are convinced that there are buyers and the profit margin was good, you can just go on and bring in one or two using two or three months allowee. That is another good business a corps member can try. Personally i'm strategizing for something like this. Even your fellow corps members could buy from you and use it to transport themselves. You can motivate them to serve as distributors. They buy from u and distribute. Currently, i don't think there's anyone thinking along this line and the faster u act the better.

4 Likes

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 10:26pm On Dec 30, 2012
@nne, excel, mercilicious,anomini and a whole lot of posters; your thoughts and comments has changed so much in me. Keep it coming. You're guys are good.
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 7:05am On Dec 31, 2012
The upcoming africa nations cup in south africa will no doubt be watched by alot of nigerians in different parts of the country. However, in some communities they will not have the luxury to watch the competition as there won't be a viewing centre around. This people might include corps members posted to rural communities. For these corps members, the only option will be to watch in neighbouring communities like we did in the first half of my service year. Then we used to move in droves especially at night to watch champions league matches. There was a sizeable population of football lovers among the indigenes and the corps members. If not for anything, i was ready to cut off the expenses involved in going to other communities. We would pay transport cost of N200 to and from the other community to watch a single view match. This came at a time where the allowee was 9975#. So to be enriching someone 500# everyweek was no joking matter.

I was thinking on how to cut down on this expenses and finally came up with an idea. I just rented a shop and mounted a blackboard. The dstv system was bought at N16k then and it was installed for me at 3k. A sizeable 24 inch and a generator was purchased. In just a week I'm in business and as well as satisfying my appetite of watching football. Since it was the summer, there were only friendlies. So I subscribed for the channels and showed u17 and u20 world cup last year. Nigeria participated in both competitions. The u17 world cup in colombia was played in the midnight. At times when nigeria played, i would make 3700# for a single match. Since nigeria progressed to the semifinals, i was able to recover most of the money spent. Though corps members showed no interest in the competition, the patronage from the community was enough to get me started on a high.

My idea then was to close the viewing centre after my service year but i decided not to because of the number of people that would be starved of football actions. So i left it and as am writing this piece i watched yesterday's matches there. Although it had become a standard viewing centre and services fans from far far locations.

Now what is it that I am trying to put across? If u know that there was no viewing centre in your location, you can go ahead and put in place the facilities needed. You will be suprised that at least u will recover half of your start up capital from the african nations cup, english premier league, la liga. Fa cup and champions league. Aside from that, you are channeling the money you are supposed to spend in other places watching these matches into your pocket. From there you will never know where it could lead you to as it could be a precursor of businesses to come up for you in the future. Take action! Take action!! Take action!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 1:47pm On Dec 31, 2012
For those posted to the palm producing areas, it is also easy to make money locally if you are able to take risks. I couldn't count the number of risks i had taken to ensure my plans worked out.

In the rural environment here, the indigenes get their money from oil palm plantation, poultry, trading and mechanical repairs. During february/march, their palm fruit is cultivated in abundance. There are lots of palm oil processors around and lots of work for them to do. Now at this time, since there's abundance of the fruit, the palm oil becomes cheap. A twenty litre of palm oil in february goes for N2800 but the same quantity of oil palm is sold for four thousand naira plus.

It goes to say that, a batch C or A corps member can decide to buy the palm oil, hoard it around his residency and then sell when the price goes up. If he manages to store up 20 rubbers of twenty litre palm oil in february. He can sell it back in the same community at a higher price. Take for example, it was bought at 2800# per rubber and sold for 4k. The profit margin is 1.2k. This amount multiplied by twenty rubbers will give a profit of 24k in less than 6 months. Now that's the amount such a corps member would have made if he had sold it locally.

Now what if the corps member resides in the north where they don't produce palm oil? A 20litre rubber can be as high as 8k there. So the profit margin will be very great. This is one of the easiest means of making money locally in the rural community. This is good for those that have reserve funds lying in their bank account without being touched. I had given a corps this idea which he tried and decided to take it to kogi state. The last i heard of him was that it was highly patronized especially because of the quality of the oil. I am now telling u that u could as well try it when u get back and see how grateful you'd be to God at the end. I repeat take action! Take action!! Take!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by An0nimus: 2:33pm On Dec 31, 2012
This thread is just something. Keep the ideas coming OP, Godbless you.
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 31, 2012
Ladies;Bedsheets could be a very lucrative business too especially when you sell them as duvet. Workers don't really have the time to go to the market, now you go to them with your goods. You make atleast 2000 or more per duvet if you market it properly.

For the guys; scrap metal business(it requires a huge sum of money) but you could collect them and sell to major dealers who would settle you handsomely. This business is for the humble, those who can reduce themselves to a 'nobody' especially if your ppa is in the village. Scrap metal could be anything metal nolonger in use.
My brothers ppa was in a steel company so he usually comes to the north to collect scraps then, you could try it if you know a major dealer.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 5:13pm On Dec 31, 2012
In this christmas and new year period, companies offer various goods at a promotional prize. I remember a friend of mine told me he saw nokia bus moving around and advertizing some newly released dual sim phones at a cheap prize. This happened while i was in lagos for break. I was watching tv in the house then. What i would have done was to buy a handful of them and then take to my PPA as the prize was ridiculously cheap. Nokia X2 was sold at 10k, nokia C2 for 5k and C1 for 3500. It was only these phones that were available and till today i still regret why i wasn't at that spot when they arrived. A month after, i discovered those same phones were in the market for a higher prize. X2 now sells for 13k, C2 for 8k and C1 for 5k. Now imagine that i was there and manage to buy 70k worth of goods and then took it to my PPA and then take it to the city and display it after getting a school bell and then sell the phones at 12k for X2, 6k for C2 and 5k for C1. People would have rushed them instantly. The moment you tell them that your brother works with nokia and you are giving them at company price they will surely patronize you. Nigerians like buying wares that come cheap even when they didn't plan for it. Apart from displaying it in public places, you can move around and advertize it in schools, churches, banks and even meet resellers.Your profit will depend on the quantity u buy.Now those phones i described are common everywhere and prices is already known by most people.

In akwa ibom state, goods are extremely expensive and this is majorly due to the mentality of the people. They will always want to make too much profit on goods they sell. I have plenty of instances here: they buy a big loaf of bread at N110 but they will not sell for anything less than N150 per piece. The same thing applies to electronic gadgets and phones. Nokia 302 sells for about 15k in lag but it's minimum prize here is 16,500#. When i compared prizes between lag and here, the prize differs with at least 1500#. This is the profit margin in the cities. How about in villages. The profit will be doubled. So imagine that some SMART corps member returning to their PPA sought for money and bought 20 phones. He or she will end up getting at least 20k and it will not even take long to sell them because he'll be moving around. If he runs out of goods in the process, there are many transport companies that will deliver the goods to their head office. So what he needs is to do is just to find someone that will buy the phones overthere in lag and waybill to the corps member using the transport company. I have once used Goshen Logistics and it's cost effective. The best time to buy anything at a bargain prize is now. Just go ahead and buy something instead of stashing the cash in the bank. It will not multiply in the bank. Try it and see.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 6:12pm On Dec 31, 2012
China phones has somehow manage to dominate most rural areas. This is because they are cheaper and more readily available than other phone types. As a result of the experiences i had gathered from managing my viewing centre, i'd discovered that their batteries is in high demand because the frequency in which their owners charge their phones in my place is very high. China phones now come with standard nokia batteries. The type mostly in demand is BL-5C. This one is thicker than BL-4C. Since i know exactly how an original nokia follow come battery looks like, i went to computer village in search of it. It took time before i was able to locate where it's sold. Now i was given those batteries at the rate of N350. I bought only twenty pieces of it since it's the first time but if i'd seen a post like this before i bought i would have bought more.

Presently i am known around this locality to be a supplier of original follow come batteries. I sold each battery for N700 and at times #600 depending on the person. Unfortunately, since i bought only 20 pieces, the batteries had been exhausted in less than 30days. During this time and up till now, i do get requests for different kinds of batteries of phones. This type of battery is not the one most people pour on the ground in the market and call it original. Most of them are fake and the authencity could only be confirmed from usage or from tiny details in the battery itself.

Now imagine if i had batteries of different phones at a large quantity and display it where many people will see it. At first they will be sceptical of the originality as many people have sold fake for them in the pretence of selling the original. So to combat this, there are some people that u can give to go and test it. If they liked it they pay you, if not u get it back. If it really the original, they will end up buying and also give u referals whenever they have someone that is having battery problems. This is the method i'd used to sell the few ones i came with and now when they buy, they don't necessary test it because, it had been tested and now trusted. Be rest assured that you will see different people that will need those. It will never be a waste. Before then you have to know how the original follow come batteries look like. That's where your assignment start from cuz u have failed even before starting if you buy the fake one. Many people do have spare batteries for their phones and this even make the chances of selling even higher. Many corps members will patronize u only and only if it's the original you have bought. Perhaps my viewing centre has made it easier for me to meet people that need the batteries but in your own case it is not hard to look for buyers. Many of the batteries even in lagos are sold costly because not many people know where the original one can be obtained. The original carry come battery of nokia C3 in computer village goes for 1200# but you will be suprised that the wholesale prize is just 600#. This is one of the easiest businesses to try. It can never fail if you buy the original if not you're on your own. Go ahead and take action! Please let me know the ones that interest you the most so that i may expanciate. More of this on the way as this is just the begining...

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:11am On Jan 01, 2013
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 3:41am On Jan 01, 2013
Lest I forget, Happy new year to you all!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch / Plateau State Stream 1 / NYSC 2014 Batch B States' Of Deployment Library

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.