Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

How To Start A Business As A Corps Member - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How To Start A Business As A Corps Member (15125 Views)

Nairaland Congratulates All 2015/2016 Batch A Corps Members Passing Out Today / NYSC Important Notice To All Prospective 2016 Batch A Corps Members / Corps Member Chokes Girlfriend Over Rival In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by CrazyMan(m): 7:23am On Jan 01, 2013
excelsiorfarm: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

nas4q: Lest I forget, Happy new year to you all!
Happy new year
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 01, 2013
CrazyMan:

Happy new year
Happy new year 'crazyman'
Happy newyr all corpers in the house
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 01, 2013
Happy new year to all.
A fellow corp member rented a shop opposite local govt and opened a restaurant. She confided in me dt she makes x2 any amount she invests. She cooks herself and employed sumone dt helps her serve food when she isn't around. She is another person dt left d north a rich babe. If u r busy, u can employ sumone dt cooks and also serves food. U just go there in ur free time. Ppl prefer to eat there cos its very neat.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by brownlord: 11:17am On Jan 01, 2013
nas4q: Lest I forget, Happy new year to you all!

Nyx one bro really inspired, r u on bb? Happy new year to u
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 01, 2013
If u serve in a village, u can also save up money by trekking. I did.
I made some friends dt like trekking and we trek as long as the sun isn't much.
If u can't make money, cut ur cost. We did by trekking. It also helps u keep in shape.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by CrazyMan(m): 12:17pm On Jan 01, 2013
nne3870:
Happy new year 'crazyman'
Happy newyr all corpers in the house
Happy new year Nne... What's with the face?

Or don't you like my user name? smiley
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by An0nimus: 2:28pm On Jan 01, 2013
HappyNew Year folks!!
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:37pm On Jan 01, 2013
It is great that we all came into 2013 by God's mercy.Pls consider this- IF I HAD SIX HOURS TO CHOP DOWN A TREE,I'D SPEND THE FIRST FOUR HOURS SHARPENING THE AX -Abraham Lincoln .Meaning you need to get the right knowledge,skill,relationship,friendship to lessen the time of labour.(L.U.C.K- Labor Under Correct Knowledge),we all have 364+ days ahead this year Dv
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by meerah25(f): 4:01pm On Jan 01, 2013
mercylicious: If u serve in a village, u can also save up money by trekking. I did.
I made some friends dt like trekking and we trek as long as the sun isn't much.
If u can't make money, cut ur cost. We did by trekking. It also helps u keep in shape.

God forbide. . .
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by meerah25(f): 4:03pm On Jan 01, 2013
mercylicious: Happy new year to all.
A fellow corp member rented a shop opposite local govt and opened a restaurant. She confided in me dt she makes x2 any amount she invests. She cooks herself and employed sumone dt helps her serve food when she isn't around. She is another person dt left d north a rich babe. If u r busy, u can employ sumone dt cooks and also serves food. U just go there in ur free time. Ppl prefer to eat there cos its very neat.

iam inspire by this. .i will trysmiley
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2013
The average Nigerian youths are obsessed watching latest movies. Some prefer indigenous films while others like more of foreign films. Ofcourse, most corps members prefer to watch foreign movies than our locally made films. However, in rural communities, the demand for locally made films is very high and ofcourse a corps member can buy lots of these films and sell them in their PPA. The major distributors of nigerian films is in alaba international. In this market, part one and two is sold for N100 but in the rural community here, the lowest that it's been sold is N200 for part one and two. Also foreign movies sell at a similar prize but depends on the quality. There are two types; blue face and gold face. The former is sold for N50 each and plays only in latest DVD players. The latter plays in all DVD players including laptops and other gadgets. The gold face sells for N70 each in Alaba international market. This is sold locally for as high as N200 each. If you are very good in selecting current films then you on your way to picking up some cool cash in your PPA.

It goes to say that a corps member posted to a village can buy alot of plates and sell to the local community. All he needs is a portable DVD player which cost about N8000 so he can test the plates for them. I'd once bought the blue face worth 7k and nigerian movies worth 13k. In less than a month, I was able to sell most of the nigerian films. I sold part one and two for N200. I had only bought some few quantities of the gold face as I never knew that it's the one that plays in laptops and desktops. This is usually the one demanded by corps members but the indigenes are contented with blue face. I would have sold plenty of the gold face because many corps members picked interest in the films i brought but unfortunately it wouldn't play on their laptop.

I had encouraged the indigenes to buy as many films as possible by using this unique tactics (as no competitor currently practices is it): When one buys a film titled True Love 1 and 2 for N200. I would tell the person to return the films and pay N100 for another title. I had used this method to sell a lot of films. It means that if i open a video club it's absolutely going to be successful. Nigeria films on celluloid is not good for storage because you don't feel like watching it again after watching it for the first time. So most people will jump on the opportunity of buying one for the full amount and then subsequently pay half for another after returning the one he or she first bought. Although, some customers still insist on my buying completly. It's all the same but it will make u lack some titles on the long run. Another customer will see that title and pick it still paying the full amount. I guess if the people that normally sell this plates adopt this style they could have sold more copies than they are currently. I remember i used to have someone that sells all this things in the village but he never sold as much as i had. This is majorly because of the benefits the customers feel they are getting. A major advantage of the method aside bringing customers is that u get such customers yourself. They will never go outside to buy a film you already gat.

Now i tell u to try the same thing and see how it worked out. This is not fiction, because it's what I've done and it had worked for me. Those plates will never be a liability if u market them well. The profit margin is high and it's not even stressful. The higher the number of quantity you are able to buy the more your profits. A twenty thousand naira worth of plates beget over 40k if gold face(doesn't move market because of the prize) is included . Over 20k being the profit. You could sell it in less than 2 months depending on how friendly you are to them. I tell you to Sit, Think and React(STAR)
....More on the way...
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 10:54pm On Jan 01, 2013
meerah25:

good forbide!
Ofcourse she's not talking about long distances. What most corps members do here is "mbo". When u wear something to identify u they give u lift free of charge. Ofcourse am not talking about commercial cyclists but government workers.
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 10:57pm On Jan 01, 2013
mercylicious: Happy new year to all.
This is a masterpiece. I hope many female corps members will heed to it.
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 11:01pm On Jan 01, 2013
excelsiorfarm: It is great that we all came into 2013 by God's mercy.Pls consider this- IF I HAD SIX HOURS TO CHOP DOWN A TREE,I'D SPEND THE FIRST FOUR HOURS SHARPENING THE AX -Abraham Lincoln .Meaning you need to get the right knowledge,skill,relationship,friendship to lessen the time of labour.(L.U.C.K- Labor Under Correct Knowledge),we all have 364+ days ahead this year Dv

I have pencilled down two skills i want to acquire this year like cell phone repair and graphic design!
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 11:09pm On Jan 01, 2013
brownlord:

Nyx one bro really inspired, r u on bb? Happy new year to u

I'm happy that u find it useful. I also get inspired as i type these things out.
At the moment I don't have a permanent bb cell phone because all of my things are available for the right price. Whenever, i hold one i will always see someone that wanted to buy. So i had stopped giving out the pins. I am on 2go sha. My username is nas4q. Add me up then we can chat.
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 11:12pm On Jan 01, 2013
CrazyMan:

Happy new year

Same to you. I keep wondering if u have a different meaning for your username. Lol
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by CrazyMan(m): 3:15am On Jan 02, 2013
nas4q: Same to you. I keep wondering if u have a different meaning for your username. Lol
Well...its just a user name.

I know it looks weird but the truth is...I'm a total different person in the outside world.
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2013
Tomorrow has been declared vouching for corps members. So any corps hoping to try any of ideas we all posted up there have today or early hours of tomorrow to buy the necessary things needed for them. Sorry for derailing the thread. More posts still ahead...

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by yokiti: 11:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
Kudos to the initiator of this thread and those who in one way or the other contributed to it and those that will do that later on. More power and God's wisdom to you all. Thanks for all these information.
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 03, 2013
Another kind of biz to do is Honey business; in the north honey tends to be cheaper precisely north east, a sack of honey is about 20-25k. When measured in liters it should be about 30-40liters. A corper serving in the north could buy them and contact a good soap making factory down south or west and enter a deal of supply. Trust me on you will not regret. Or retail aint bad too,you could visit some eaterys with your goods already packaged in a bottle. A bottle I guess goes for 2k.
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 11:20am On Jan 03, 2013
Good morning the followers of this thread,
Today i will like to talk about the business of football wear rentage that corps members can go into. I know many would be grumbling deep inside at the site of that statement and feel that the business is a long term one and requires patience to yield profit. Yes I agree but the patience is really worth it at the end of the day.

Football jerseys and boots can be provided by any corps member who has the contacts on where to get them. I remember there are football competitions that come up often and most of the teams do not have regular jerseys or boots for this purpose in this locality. Even in the camp, platoon leaders are made to go in search of jerseys for their platoon to use for interplatoon football competitions. While I was in camp, our platoon had to buy even the football that would be used for the purpose of training before the game proper. I could remember then every platoon had at least one of those balls. The platoon leader got some jerseys for the players in his platoon which I'm not sure whether they were bought or rented.

There are many teams around my PPA which I know will buy the idea of renting jerseys,shorts, shin guards, socks and other other football equipments. Corps members used to set up friendlies with these teams and I know the interest generated by such kinds of competition.

Now imagine a corps member that has those equipments listed above for the purpose of rentage. He can have as many as four first 11 jerseys for different teams. During the last week of camp, football activities normally kick off. If the corps member can go straight to camp and negotiate with those platoon leaders to come rent his equipments, he might end up giving it out for four teams. If he decides to charge N4500 for the jerseys for one team. Four teams will be 18k. Ofcourse there is for boots as well; Maybe he charges 7k for the rentage of 11 pairs. For four teams that will be 28k. He might end up making 46k just for a week.During his set, camp will open twice and they will still need the jerseys again. It means he can get up to 96k in the space of one year renting to corps members in the camp alone. After renting out to corps members, he goes back to his PPA and rent it out to some other guys that will need it for maybe intervillage competitions. The corps member can also move around advising other corps members of the need to arrange football competitions with the indigenes. If he's able to convince several corps members in their PPA ofcourse he'll be creating the need for his jerseys and make some cool cash from it. The local indigenes had been asking me whether i can arrange jerseys for their teams. If there's someone around i would have just directed them to him. Think about it and let me know how you feel.
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 11:49am On Jan 03, 2013
yokiti: Kudos to the initiator of this thread and those who in one way or the other contributed to it and those that will do that later on. More power and God's wisdom to you all. Thanks for all these information.
Thank you for the encouragement. Just follow this thread, there are more coming by God's grace.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch / Plateau State Stream 1 / NYSC 2014 Batch B States' Of Deployment Library

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.