Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants (19451 Views)

Canada Begins Compulsory Fingerprint For Nigerian Visa Applicants / 25-yr-old Corps Member Arrested For Swindling Visa Applicants / High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by justphillips(m): 9:22am On Dec 28, 2012
Abuja—The Canadian High Commission has reduced the waiting period for visa applicants from 60 days to 10 days.

A source at the High Commission told News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, yesterday in Abuja that the country was now opening up and accommodating more visitors and travellers from across the globe.

“Because of this, a lot of Nigerians are sending their children to study in Canada and this has led to a backlog in the number of visa applications.

“This informed the mission’s decision to reduce the waiting period from 60 days to 10 days,” the source added.

Diplomatic sources the Canadian government took the decision, following persistent complaints by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Amb. Olugbenga Ashiru, and leadership of the National Assembly.
source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/canada-reduces-waiting-time-for-visa-applicants/
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by MacLovington(m): 1:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
Good.

Others should follow quickly.

The laptop brigade will soon be bragging about this as a GEJ achievement.

But maybe Canada also wants a slice of Naija medical tourists grin

2 Likes

Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by braine(m): 1:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
Canada is the next choice destination. Hoping to find a good school that compliments my pocket.
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by Henrick007: 1:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
good
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by cammyjr(m): 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
Nice Move, buh that country is expensive sha.

1 Like

Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by braine(m): 1:25pm On Dec 28, 2012
MacLovington: Good.

The laptop brigade will soon count this among GEJ achievements.

Which country wouldn't like a slice of our medical trips money??

By the way, the place seems quite under populated.

1 Like

Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by lafuria1(m): 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2012
thanks to UK's new immigration laws....canada it is for student..

1 Like

Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by chreldb(m): 1:29pm On Dec 28, 2012
Kudos to the ministry of foreign affairs. I remember some people on NL were still criticizing the minister for his effort when he lodged the complaint to the Canadian high commission in Nigeria. But today his efforts have yielded positive results. If only every government official do their work the way they should in a proper manner, Nigeria would be a much better place. Finally as Nigerians no matter how disgruntled we are @ the government we should learn to give it credit whenever it does well as in this particular case and criticize only when necessary. Welldone to the ministry of foreign affairs!

6 Likes

Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by Abujafood: 1:32pm On Dec 28, 2012
I guess this means the queue for Canadian Visas is likely to increase!

1 Like

Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by Navalsadiq(m): 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
no place like home.niaja for life.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by SamAfrik(m): 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
This Mr. Ashiru is working sha. He is really engaging foreign missions for better services.
Wish other govt ministries could be having tangible results.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by brixton: 1:39pm On Dec 28, 2012
cammy jr.:
Nice Move, buh that country is expensive sha.

can she be as expensive as UK, london especially??
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by huninaija(f): 1:40pm On Dec 28, 2012
10 days? Hoping the canadian high commission doesn't have anything funny planned up their sleeves, these oyinbo people can be unpredictable at times... This is good news for one of my friends that applied for a visa some weeks ago...
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by AjanleKoko: 1:43pm On Dec 28, 2012
Good news.

MacLovington: Good.

The laptop brigade will soon be bragging about this as a GEJ achievement.

Well . . . the government did make an official complaint to the Canadian Government, when their High Commissioner visited Ashiru some months back.
So this could be credited to them.
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by BANGASOUP1: 1:45pm On Dec 28, 2012
who cares,fired rice on my mind jor mtcheeeeeew
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by braine(m): 1:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
And its always about food for some Nigerians.

BANGA SOUP: who cares,fired rice on my mind jor mtcheeeeeew
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by Osama10(m): 1:55pm On Dec 28, 2012
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by chux4liv(m): 2:04pm On Dec 28, 2012
This means enough.... "VISA DENIED"... to applicant

1 Like

Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 28, 2012
They said they will do it. I prefer to wait till they do it b4 I give dem kudos. Naija has taught me so many things, so seeing is believing. Meanwhile, the processing time for student visa has neva been 60 days for the past 2 years. Its 4months to 6months.The earliest time of completion is 3months, so I wonder wia they got d 60days 4rm- u don see say lie even dey d comment,except they are talking of visit visa only.
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by zangiff(m): 2:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
format
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
I hope they don't start denying people visas now. They've been somehow far in giving visas.
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by dangiwa09(m): 2:24pm On Dec 28, 2012
.... this does not mean they'll increase number of actual visa issuance, it only means they'll revert to their original 10 days processing time. 10 days was their norm prior to early 2012, nothing new. Canada remains the most difficult visa to get, its easier to get British and American visas than Canadian visa. Canada even routinely deny Americans and Brits entry into Canada at their airport, and send them back home from their airport. As for your perceived notion that Canada wants your medical trip money, ... Canada has a socialized medical care, medical care is FREE for everyone, just present your OHIP card and you will be taken care of. Hospitals in Canada do not need your stolen money, they ara well organised and funded.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by Joe980: 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2012
I hope they will be fair in handling applications and not denial at the slightest opportunity.
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by Lucasbalo(m): 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2012
dangiwa09: this does not mean they'll increase number of actual visa issuance, it only means they'll revert to their original 10 days processing time. 10 days was their norm prior to early 2012, nothing new. Canada remains the most difficult visa to get, its easier to get British and American visas than Canadian visa. Canada even routinely deny Americans and Brits entry into Canada at their airport, and send them back home from their airport. As for your perceived notion that Canada wants your medical trip money, ... Canada has a socialized medical care, medical care is FREE for everyone, just present your OHIP card and you will be taken care of. Hospitals in Canada do not need your stolen money, they ara well organised and funded.
. Good point
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by MacLovington(m): 2:29pm On Dec 28, 2012
AjanleKoko: Good news.

Well . . . the government did make an official complaint to the Canadian Government, when their High Commissioner visited Ashiru some months back.
So this could be credited to them.

Any government that is even 2% responsible should do so. NOTHING to brag about.

But with a history of irresponsible governments for decades, even cassava bread is an achievement. tongue

1 Like

Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by tellwisdom: 2:31pm On Dec 28, 2012
Ok, shey make I dey jump up and down sey una reduce the time frame??
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by delors(m): 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2012
braine: Canada is the next choice destination. Hoping to find a good school that compliments my pocket.
Somany of them. Search google but make concrete enquiries first o
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by DisGuy: 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2012
good

I'll like to know the percentage of applicants that actually go to Canada just tourism

Seems vast majority of nigerians go there only for education/residency and migration purposes
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by delors(m): 2:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
dangiwa09: ..this does not mean they'll increase number of actual visa issuance, it only means they'll revert to their original 10 days processing time. 10 days was their norm prior to early 2012, nothing new. Canada remains the most difficult visa to get, its easier to get British and American visas than Canadian visa. Canada even routinely deny Americans and Brits entry into Canada at their airport, and send them back home from their airport. As for your perceived notion that Canada wants your medical trip money, ... Canada has a socialized medical care, medical care is FREE for everyone, just present your OHIP card and you will be taken care of. Hospitals in Canada do not need your stolen money, they ara well organised and funded.
Good point, but perhaps u neednt call them 'fools'...good points shudnt start vulgarly undecided
Re: Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants by delors(m): 2:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
Dis Guy: good

I'll like to know the percentage of applicants that actually go to Canada just tourism

Seems vast majority of nigerians go there only for education/residency and migration purposes
Thats what Canada is about, education, residency, immigration...its not a tourist country per se. Its majorly a land filled with immigrants...even the whiteys are not Canadians, they are immigrants.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Okada Ban: Iyana Isolo Residents Seen Walking Home / What Will You Miss Most If You Travel Out Of Nigeria? / Which Airlines Have The Cheapest Tickets From Lagos To London.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.