Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Usefulness Of Tax Clearance Certificate - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Usefulness Of Tax Clearance Certificate (9224 Views)

Tax Clearance Certificate And DPR License! / CITN Floors ICAN Again In Respect Of Tax Practice / How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usefulness Of Tax Clearance Certificate by Dollarchap(m): 11:56am On Dec 28, 2012
Whether you are a corporate body or an individual, you need Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC). But before you can be issued tax clearance certificate, you must have rendered your tax returns to the relevant tax authority. Tax clearance certificate usually covers a period of three years in arrear. For example, if you want to collect tax clearance certificate in the year 2013, it will cover the tax paid from 2010 to 2012. So, if you have not paid any tax in the current year, you cannot be denied tax clearance certificate on this ground in as much you have paid your tax in the previous years.
Tax clearance is needed for the following purposes:

a. Application for Government loan for industry or business

b. Registration of Motor Vehicle

c. Application for firearms licence

d. Application for foreign exchange or exchange control permission to remit funds outside Nigeria

e. Application for certificate of occupancy

f. Application for award of contracts by Government, its agencies and registered companies

g. Application for approval of building plans

h. Application for trade licence

i. Application for transfer of real property

j. Application for import or export licence

k. Application for agent license

l. Application for pools or gaming licence

m. Application for registration as a contractor

n. Application for distributorship

o. Confirmation of appointment by Government as chairman or member of a public board, institution, commission, company or to any other similar position made by the Government

p. Stamping of guarantor’s form for a Nigerian passport

q. Application for registration of a limited liability company or of a business name

r. Application for allocation of market stalls

s. Appointment or election into public office

t. Application for change of ownership of vehicle by the vendor

u. Application for plot of land

v. Any other transactions as may be determined from time to time
Source: http://otnconsult..com/
Re: Usefulness Of Tax Clearance Certificate by jamace(m): 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2012
Good information.

But must we call you to know how to get one? Better you tell us how to get it here, bros.
Re: Usefulness Of Tax Clearance Certificate by Dollarchap(m): 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
jamace: Good information.

But must we call you to know how to get one? Better you tell us how to get it here, bros.

You can get your Tax Clearance Certificate from the Tax Authority where you file your tax return. But it is always advisable that you allow professional to help you in this regards before you get yourself exposed unnecessarily. There are areas where you can make a lot of savings on tax legitimately. Furthermore, if you are a corporate entity, you will not be able to handle the processing of the TCC yourself. You need to have Financial Statements prepared which will form the basis for the computation of the tax payable. If there is still information which you need which I have not captured here, you can reach me on 08024768668
Re: Usefulness Of Tax Clearance Certificate by Dollarchap(m): 3:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
jamace: Good information.

You can get your Tax Clearance Certificate from the Tax Authority where you file your tax return. But it is always advisable that you allow professional to help you in this regards before you get yourself exposed unnecessarily. There are areas where you can make a lot of savings on tax legitimately. Furthermore, if you are a corporate entity, you will not be able to handle the processing of the TCC yourself. You need to have Financial Statements prepared which will form the basis for the computation of the tax payable. If there is still information which you need which I have not captured here, you can reach me via my blog. http://otnconsult..com/
Re: Usefulness Of Tax Clearance Certificate by disc20: 11:46am On Aug 12, 2013
For current procedures on how to register your business in Nigerian, read the step-by-step guide here http://fertilenigeria..com/2013/08/how-to-get-tax-clearance-certificate.html
Re: Usefulness Of Tax Clearance Certificate by Dollarchap(m): 12:16pm On May 16, 2015
disc20:
For current procedures on how to register your business in Nigerian, read the step-by-step guide here http://fertilenigeria..com/2013/08/how-to-get-tax-clearance-certificate.html
[size=20pt]Apart from registering your business, you need valuable information on how to start, run and grow your business.[/size]

Re: Usefulness Of Tax Clearance Certificate by afeez20(m): 4:43am On May 21, 2015
hello
this is my situation..i've aregistered company since 2005 and i've been away from the country since then
have not done any bussiness with the company.
i plan doing some projects in the country and i would need apply for a tax clearance certificate.
which year do i pay tax to cover for?
what other issues might crop up if i want to get the tax clearance for my registered company
Re: Usefulness Of Tax Clearance Certificate by biggboy(m): 8:18am On May 21, 2015
afeez20:
hello
this is my situation..i've aregistered company since 2005 and i've been away from the country since then
i plan doing some projects in the country and i would need apply for a tax clearance certificate.
what other issues might crop up if i want to get the tax clearance for my registered company
I will need to ask you some questions to fast track getting your TCC (Tax Clearance Certificate). Please lets chat on whatsapp 07039387961.
Re: Usefulness Of Tax Clearance Certificate by Sunnypar(m): 7:09am On May 22, 2015
afeez20:
hello
Let the Professional do it for you.
Re: Usefulness Of Tax Clearance Certificate by Trudeau: 7:04am On May 09, 2023
Dollarchap:

You can get your Tax Clearance Certificate from the Tax Authority where you file your tax return.

Pls how can a freelancer and online vendor get a personal tax clearance certificate.

My online hustle is unregistered, and I have never filed any tax return with any tax authority before.

(1) (Reply)

Thread For Tony Elumelu Enterprenuership Foundation (TEEF) Alumni And Aspirants. / How To Start Rice Business In Nigeria / Location Of Chinese Village In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.