Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

I Will Fight Against This LIE - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Will Fight Against This LIE (4754 Views)

Primate Elijah Ayodele's 2016 Prophecies: Corruption Will Fight Buhari / The Fight Against Self-servicing, Lust And Sex.ual Immorality / God Will Fight Against Those Who Fight Against You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Fight Against This LIE by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 29, 2012
Just watched this video and it was so so wrong, I had to engage in a debate with some deceived brethren and explain to them the truth about HELL.

Over the holidays , I have spoken to people who were literally frightened by the mere thought that people go to hell when they die talk less of a future eternal hell fire.

This is just plain wrong, Jesus came with the gospel of hope, not the gospel of eternal torture.

In 2013 , I will fight against this LIE wherever I see it rear it's ugly head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yItJpd0VeAU
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Ymodulus: 1:57am On Dec 29, 2012
are u a jwit? or u just dont belief in hell?
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Joagbaje(m): 8:23am On Dec 29, 2012
Hell is only a temporary abode for the wicked. The final destination of the wicked is LAKE OF FIRE.

Revelation 20:15
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 29, 2012
@Agbaje

I didn't realize you can be this funny! My sister had to ask why I was laughing. Lol!!!

Meen, it's just so funny! Not really what you posted but your delivery.

1 Like

Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Joagbaje(m): 10:18am On Dec 29, 2012
Ok but I'm I wrong? What's your take?
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 29, 2012
Joagbaje:
Ok but I'm I wrong? What's your take?

Well Mr. Agbaje, I believe there is hell though I don't subscribe to people using it as a 'scare tactic'. If anyone wants to believe in God then the individual should do it for love rather than for the fear of hell.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Joagbaje(m): 11:30am On Dec 29, 2012
We should not be ashame of afaid to teach what the bible teaches

1 Like

Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 29, 2012
Joagbaje: We should not be ashame of afaid to teach what the bible teaches

Well Mr. Agbaje,

I don't know about others but I don't think my decision not to focus on hell is borne out of fear or shame. I really do not have anyone to fear and being ashamed is totally out of it.

I believe the question we should ask ourselves is: why did Jesus dwell more on other matters like Love rather than hell? Was it because he was afraid or ashamed to dwell on the teaching of hell?

Surely he talked about hell but he concentrated his efforts on showing people that God is love.

Thank you!
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by shadrach77: 12:37pm On Dec 29, 2012
it'a obvious that the OP needs his head examined. You claimed you were going to fight against the notion of hell, implying that the notion of hell fire was wrong, upon being challenged, you changed yur stance to saying christians should not use scare tactics - your brain obviously needs rewiring.

@joagbaje, well done bruv cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 29, 2012
shadrach77: it'a obvious that the OP needs his head examined. You claimed you were going to fight against the notion of hell, implying that the notion of hell fire was wrong, upon being challenged, you changed yur stance to saying christians should not use scare tactics - your brain obviously needs rewiring.

Good afternoon sir,

I guess in a bid to proven your point you got some information muddled up.

I posted about the use of 'scare tactics' by anyone not just Christians though it would be safe to assume this, while the OP actually has not retracted his stance on hell.

Thank you!
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by gst101: 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2012
agbaje, i think the hebrew words translated into hell, lake of fire, land of the dead, underworld etc should be taken into consideration for a better understanding of what will happen to the unjust. Those greek and hebrew words are: gehena, shoal, hades, tatrus. I am not sure their spellings.
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Delafruita(m): 2:56pm On Dec 29, 2012
frosbel: Just watched this video and it was so so wrong, I had to engage in a debate with some deceived brethren and explain to them the truth about HELL.

Over the holidays , I have spoken to people who were literally frightened by the mere thought that people go to hell when they die talk less of a future eternal hell fire.

This is just plain wrong, Jesus came with the gospel of hope, not the gospel of eternal torture.

In 2013 , I will fight against this LIE wherever I see it rear it's ugly head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yItJpd0VeAU

your 2012 fight was against present day isreal and their propaganda,now you already have a battle for 2012.anyway,at least we share a common ground on this.
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2012
shadrach77: it'a obvious that the OP needs his head examined. You claimed you were going to fight against the notion of hell, implying that the notion of hell fire was wrong, upon being challenged, you changed yur stance to saying christians should not use scare tactics - your brain obviously needs rewiring.

very Christian of you to respond the way you did.

My stance is as solid as a rock, there is only one HELL and that is after the final judgement, this HELL is for the final and utter destruction of sinners, nothing more.
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 29, 2012
Delafruita: your 2012 fight was against present day isreal and their propaganda,now you already have a battle for 2012.anyway,at least we share a common ground on this.
he said 2013
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Joagbaje(m): 3:35pm On Dec 29, 2012
striktlymi:

Well Mr. Agbaje, I believe there is hell though I don't subscribe to people using it as a 'scare tactic'. If anyone wants to believe in God then the individual should do it for love rather than for the fear of hell.
Thank you!

Of course the gospel is good news , and the good news should,be presented. Talking about hell is part of the good news . Theres deliverance from hell through christ. Why should we be afraid to talk about hell. Jesus talked about hell

Matthew 10:28
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

. If its in the bible ,it should be taught. It doesn't take away the place of Gods love.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

We should have balance. We ought to teach the whole counsel of God

1 Like

Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 29, 2012
gst101: agbaje, i think the hebrew words translated into hell, lake of fire, land of the dead, underworld etc should be taken into consideration for a better understanding of what will happen to the unjust. Those greek and hebrew words are: gehena, shoal, hades, tatrus. I am not sure their spellings.
good question...@op try and make research backed by scriptures on these..u said u will fight it..lol. God's kingdom is not by power nor by might na..

1 Like

Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 29, 2012
Joagbaje:

Of course the gospel is good news , and the good news should,be presented. Talking about hell is part of the good news . Theres deliverance from hell through christ. Why should we be afraid to talk about hell. Jesus talked about hell

Matthew 10:28
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

. If its in the bible ,it should be taught. It doesn't take away the place of Gods love.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

We should have balance. We ought to teach the whole counsel of God

Hell is mostly translated as hades in the New Testament and Sheol in the Old. It is in reference to the grave, man's final place of abode after death and before the resurrection.

Then there is the lake of fire, which is the end of all evil before the transition to a new heaven and new earth when death the final enemy of man would have been destroyed in the lake of fire as depicted quite clearly in Revelation 20.

The good news is to repent and believe in Jesus to receive eternal life and become a part of God's kingdom , which though we cannot see it now as it is invisible will shortly be manifested materially in the form of the new heaven and new earth.

The wages that one would earn or the price that one would pay for the rejection of this good news is eternal death which means exactly what it says death , the cessation of existence.

Anything else is adding to the word of GOD and propagating the doctrines of the Harlot Catholic church, but then no surprise here , for most denominations are daughters of the Harlot catholic church and contain much of her worship and doctrinal methods.

5 Likes

Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 29, 2012

The King James Bible erroneously applies the universal term “Hell” where it shouldn’t. The 1995 NASB, one of the more accurate modern day English translations written from Nestle and Aland’s compilation of Greek manuscripts (the oldest and most reliable), properly distinguishes between Sheol, Hades, Gehenna, and Tartarus—very different abodes, none of which are a literal lake of fire.

Nowhere in the Old Testament does Yahweh even hint at a literal “Fiery Hell,” as the abode of the unbelieving deceased, NO WHERE! Don’t you think God would have warned Abraham, Moses and all the patriarchs of the Old Testament of such a horrifying destiny if they were to break any part of the law? Something along the lines of “If you don’t obey my commandments, I’m going to bake and barbecue you in a brick oven for all of eternity—that’s right, trillions and trillions of years, and then more trillions and trillions of years if you don’t adhere to all of my laws throughout your entire lives!” Why didn’t God warn them of such a horrible place? Because there is no such place mentioned in the Bible, Old or New Testament!

It’s only in the sick, demented and twisted mind of man where such a place was created, i.e., money-grubbing, fear-mongering, power-hungry Christian expositors and television celebrities that cast themselves as “Godly Men” in the know. There is absolutely no biblical support for a literal “Lake of Fire” where God will burn the majority of mankind for all of eternity.

How many mothers are sitting in the pews of the mammoth 501c3 corporations that call themselves “church” every Sunday morning listening to a completely distorted, demented, and fabricated lie about a Christian God that hates his created children so much, he burns and tortures them for trillions and trillions of millennia .

How many widows who are grieving the loss of a spouse or child must bear the burden of believing their loved one is burning in a furnace of fire because they just didn’t get around to “accepting Christ” before they unexpectedly died? Too many!

How in the hell could mothers, or any other professing believers who have lost loved ones that may not have been “Christianized” prior to their death ever live in peace for the rest of their lives, falsely believing that their loved ones are being cooked by a vengeful and jealous God? They can’t!

Some of the very celebrity blow-hards that berate others for disseminating false and dangerous doctrine are guilty of it themselves. Discerning fable from fiction can be difficult, especially when some of these blow-hard fire and brimstone preachers can be so dead right on other doctrinal issues. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to idly sit by and let these power-hungry, fear mongers continue to perpetrate what can only be described as the most vile lie ever bestowed upon innocent and naive believers—a God that burns people in a “Hell-Fire” for all of eternity.

Don’t buy the lie of an evil God anymore—not if you’re a true believer. I’m calling these heretics out, and that’s a complimentary term. Anybody that preaches unbelieving deceased loved ones will be cooked in a never-ending flaming fire to an innocent, naive, and under educated ecclesia should be held in contempt of Christ. To perpetrate such an evil, fallacious, and demented doctrine is on par with the evil acts of terrorists. Only unlike terrorists, these evil men mentally torture innocent believers through fear and intimidation for their entire lifetimes.

http://catchkevin.com/why-hellfire-preachers-are-dead-wrong/
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by plendil: 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2012
striktlymi:

Thank you!

100% concur. Hell, the place is very real; the Bible is very clear on that.

Why would a loving God send people (i.e those of disobedience) to a place of unspeakable, horrendous EVERLASTING torture? Bible makes it very clear it was it never God's intention for His children to go there. It was meant for satan and his demons.

I think also the way its being preached doesn't help matters. You see some preacher focusing so much on hell rather than God. I believe it presnets a very distorted picture of God.
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2012
plendil:

100% concur. Hell, the place is very real; the Bible is very clear on that.

Why would a loving God send people (i.e those of disobedience) to a place of unspeakable, horrendous EVERLASTING torture? Bible makes it very clear it was it never God's intention for His children to go there. It was meant for satan and his demons.

I think also the way its being preached doesn't help matters. You see some preacher focusing so much on hell rather than God. I believe it presnets a very distorted picture of God.

1. so which HELL is it , is it the one people go to when they die or is it the lake of fire where sinners go to at the end of this age ?

2. and if a HELL exists today , how come the devil and his demons for whom the place was prepared and not yet there ?

Just because something exists in church tradition does not make it true , it is tool of fear mongering to hold on to church members , started by the catholic church and perfected by her denominational daughters.
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 29, 2012
frosbel:

1. so which HELL is it , is it the one people go to when they die or is it the lake of fire where sinners go to at the end of this age ?

2. and if a HELL exists today , how come the devil and his demons for whom the place was prepared and not yet there ?

Just because something exists in church tradition does not make it true , it is tool of fear mongering to hold on to church members , started by the catholic church and perfected by her denominational daughters.
.so oga frosbel..pls expLIAN JUDE 1;6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Ymodulus: 5:11pm On Dec 29, 2012
The most funniest of all is that jesus christ went to hell. i ask myself the question if jesus went to hell why then say hell is a place of torment for the wicked?

Acts 2:31

He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left (kataleipo) in hell (hades), neither his flesh did see corruption. (KJV translation)

The word kataleipo means...

1) to leave behind

a) to depart from, leave

1) to be left

b) to bid (one) to remain

c) to forsake, leave to one's self a person or thing by ceasing to care for it, to abandon, leave in the lurch

1) to be abandoned, forsaken

d) to cause to be left over, to reserve, to leave remaining

e) like our "leave behind", it is used of one who on being called away cannot take another with him

1) especially of the dying (to leave behind)

f) like our "leave", leave alone, disregard

1) of those who sail past a place without stopping

Source: http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/words/2/1147370736-9394.html

So basically this word means to be "left over" somewhere. So that means that the thing being left over was already there.

The word hades means...

1) name Hades or Pluto, the god of the lower regions

2) Orcus, the nether world, the realm of the dead

3) later use of this word: the grave, death, hell

++++

In Biblical Greek it is associated with Orcus, the infernal regions, a dark and dismal place in the very depths of the earth, the common receptacle of disembodied spirits. Usually Hades is just the abode of the wicked, Lu. 16:23, Rev. 20:13,14; a very uncomfortable place.

Source: http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/words/8/1147369484-2683.html

Basically what the verse is saying is that Jesus' soul was not left over or remained in hell. However, this shows and proves that his soul was indeed there at a point in time. Bible commentator Matthew Henry says...

Thou wilt not leave my soul in hell’’ (in hades, in the invisible state, so hades properly signifies); "but, though thou suffer it for a time to remove thither, and to remain there, yet thou wilt remand it; thou wilt not leave it there, as thou dost the souls of other men.’’ (Matthew Henry Complete Commentary on the Whole Bible, Source)

So basically Jesus' soul was in hell for a period of time but did not remain there just as it would be for other men (the sinners I am assuming).

very funny
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2012
Bidam: .so oga frosbel..pls expLIAN JUDE 1;6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

are we talking about angels or humans

Let's talk about humans first, we will come to that verse in a minute grin

Oh, btw the chief of all fallen angels is actually roaming the earth , going to and fro with his demons, any reason why they are not yet in torment.

Let's hear what a demon had to say when he saw Jesus ;

"And behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?" - Matthew 8:29

The demons knew that there was a set time for their torment and eventual destruction, hence the question "art thou come hither to torment us before the time ? "

This is enough evidence to show that demons are not yet in hell which is a future event and which is a place prepared for them and their master SATAN.

So back to my question, why are humans now in this fiery place of torment created for the devil and his angels but those for whom it was prepared are free to roam about tormenting mankind ?
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by truthislight: 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2012
striktlymi: @Agbaje

I didn't realize you can be this funny! My sister had to ask why I was laughing. Lol!!!

Meen, it's just so funny! Not really what you posted but your delivery.

i thought i was the only one that saw the no no no sense he posted that does not even deserved a reply.
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by anukulapo: 6:49pm On Dec 29, 2012
Joagbaje:

Why should we be afraid to talk about hell. Jesus talked about hell

@Joagbaje
Is it ok to say that was old testament;before jesus died.
*just kidding anyways* na true you talk sha

@frosbel: you are begining to sound like the jehovah witness ppl. Abi u be JeWi

Lol
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2012
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Joagbaje(m): 7:08pm On Dec 29, 2012
truthislight:

i thought i was the only one that saw the no no no sense he posted that does not even deserved a reply.

Who asked for your response dude? Just shut the door and waka.
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Ymodulus: 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2012
Joagbaje:

Who asked for your response dude? Just shut the door and waka.

lol! o boy na jaogbaje dey talk like dis?
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by anukulapo: 7:21pm On Dec 29, 2012
Ymodulus:

lol! o boy na jaogbaje dey talk like dis?

Somebody must have hacked is I'd. It's so unlikely of him.

1 Like

Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by plendil: 7:23pm On Dec 29, 2012
why did truthislight make that comment? I don't see anything in what Joagbaje wrote.
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Joagbaje(m): 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2012
frosbel:

are we talking about angels or humans

Let's talk about humans first, we will come to that verse in a minute grin

Satan,demons and the wicked will end up in the same place.

Revelation 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Re: I Will Fight Against This LIE by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2012
anukulapo:

@frosbel: you are begining to sound like the jehovah witness ppl. Abi u be JeWi

Lol

Well I am not a JW.

I don't have to be one to see the LIE and FARCE in the traditional concept of HELL.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sin And Sickness / The Usefulness Of Psalm / Speaking In Tongues: Is It Real Language Or Garrulous Babble?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.