Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,372 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

How Can I Add Value To My Organisation ? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can I Add Value To My Organisation ? (2656 Views)

Microsoft Certifications To Add Value To Your Profile – Top Benefits / Microsoft Certifications To Add Value To Your Profile – Top Benefits / Unfair Treatment By My Organisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Add Value To My Organisation ? by obstead200(m): 12:17pm On Feb 21, 2008
I work in an accounting firm. The norm in my firm is that as soon as u qualify as a chatered Accountant, u are due for promotion to the rank of an audit supervisor. I have just qualified, but it seems my case is a little bit unique and this has made me feel I need to do a little bit more than just waiting for my promption.This is the scenario:

1. I qualified within 7 months of my joining the firm (the shortest time 4 any staff, I hv not even  been confirmed b/4 I qualified)

2. I'm the youngest staff, (26 years) this means when I'm promoted, people many years my sunior will be under me.

3. It looks to me like they already have enough supervisors, The economy (of course) is not making things better but I believe there is still a place for me.

4.  Due to the  the reporting structure in my organisation i.e your work is delegated to u by a team supervisor ,(so u can stay a year without the management knowing how u perform),I have not been given an opprtunity to proove my capabilities to my employers.

I want to be promoted so as to facilitate my career growth. My question is: How can I be promoted ? what do I do to add value to my organisation ?
How do I show my organization what I'm worth ? Experienced nairalanders please advice me.
Re: How Can I Add Value To My Organisation ? by ogejini: 12:37pm On Feb 21, 2008
Do you have any brilliant ideas right now? write a proposal and copy your employers. if it is brilliant hey will by pass ur supervisor to promote u
Re: How Can I Add Value To My Organisation ? by ogejini: 12:41pm On Feb 21, 2008
f u dont take wise action fast u'll be there for 36 yrs doing the same thing. many people are so selfish they dont want those under them to move forward

(1) (Reply)

Should I Lie About Job Experiences? / BENEFITS OF SEA SALT FOR HEALTH, HAIR & SKIN / Building Your Own Dating Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.