Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Reasons Dbanj's Concert Was A Success - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Reasons Dbanj's Concert Was A Success (883 Views)

Why Bez Concert Was A Blast!! / Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj / Jay Z Concert Was Off Tha Hook! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Dbanj's Concert Was A Success by fastigiater: 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2012
Contrary to what is being said in some threads, I believe the positives of the concert outweigh the negatives.

1) I was at this show and I must say the turnout was overwhelming to say the least. The crowd was huge and only D'banj in the industry today could have pulled the crowd. Even notable artists agreed the crowd could only be found at the holy ghost congress. The show was in no way a flop whatsoever.

2) Gone are the days of corporate event sponsorship: When was the last time an international act came to Nigeria without corporate backing? D'banj himself managed to convince international acts to come to Nigeria and bankrolled the concert. This was all down to his smooth talking and influence on the international stage. Where else would you find a gathering of such A-listers? The fact international acts are willing to come to Nigeria based on personal affiliation and relationship with artists can only be good for the industry, meaning acts will come not because of the money but talent and personality in the industry

3) These guys definitely had fun as the pictures suggest

4) For the first time as far as I can remember, a major entertainment event was streamed online. This is a plus in itself and I believe it has given other artists a platform to build on. Only downside is it has given people not even present at the concert an avenue to post erroneous statements based on the online feed and output from laptops. This concert has created a platform for many artists and the industry as a whole to build on and I can only hope we take advantage of it and not let any preference for D'banj or Don Jazzy cloud our judgement.

I know this will eventually turn into a D'banj vs Don Jazzy thread (lets make it a discussion for another day as I believe they are both losing and someone needs to talk some sense into both of them), I believe we should be clamouring for the unity of the two legends, rather than people thoughtlessly taking sides. I understand the venue was below par, but with the time of event and turn out, who would have handled this better? Only thing I would suggest is to recruit an industry recognised event handler next time as D'banj played his part but the logistics team let him down. Shikena

Re: Reasons Dbanj's Concert Was A Success by fastigiater: 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2012
And more...

Re: Reasons Dbanj's Concert Was A Success by tobtap: 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2012
I agree wit u..I prefer d gud nd positive side of events..bigups to dbanj n co.
Re: Reasons Dbanj's Concert Was A Success by iamswizz(m): 11:26pm On Dec 29, 2012
Wat are u saying Dbanj knew wat he did,thats why he apologised... Imagine u paying for Vip only to be surrounded by regulars
Re: Reasons Dbanj's Concert Was A Success by aminho(m): 11:26pm On Dec 29, 2012
Always talk bout the positve...nigeria is great we just don't admit it
Re: Reasons Dbanj's Concert Was A Success by alaoeri: 12:42am On Dec 30, 2012
Honestly don't know why ppl are having -ve remarks instead of +ve although the organisers fell short of logistics & fans had to trek long distance beside that the concert is commendable & the turn out is massive, never know Dbanj can pull such crowd.

Re: Reasons Dbanj's Concert Was A Success by fastigiater: 9:01am On Dec 31, 2012
@Iamswizz pls tell me you were at the show? All I'm saying is there are positives for the industry in all of this and gives a blueprint for other artists to follow.
Re: Reasons Dbanj's Concert Was A Success by Aygem(m): 1:42pm On Dec 31, 2012
Dbanj tried by pulling such crowd
Re: Reasons Dbanj's Concert Was A Success by FashTheGem: 1:45pm On Dec 31, 2012
I tink dbanj has been getting popular more wit positive and negative reception he has been getting since the mohits break up.
Re: Reasons Dbanj's Concert Was A Success by akikanju(m): 1:49pm On Dec 31, 2012
Fash The Gem: I tink dbanj has been getting popular more wit positive and negative reception he has been getting since the mohits break up.
i think u got it
Re: Reasons Dbanj's Concert Was A Success by akikanju(m): 1:53pm On Dec 31, 2012
fastigiater: Contrary to what is being said in some threads, I believe the positives of the concert outweigh the negatives.

1) I was at this show and I must say the turnout was overwhelming to say the least. The crowd was huge and only D'banj in the industry today could have pulled the crowd. Even notable artists agreed the crowd could only be found at the holy ghost congress. The show was in no way a flop whatsoever.

2) Gone are the days of corporate event sponsorship: When was the last time an international act came to Nigeria without corporate backing? D'banj himself managed to convince international acts to come to Nigeria and bankrolled the concert. This was all down to his smooth talking and influence on the international stage. Where else would you find a gathering of such A-listers? The fact international acts are willing to come to Nigeria based on personal affiliation and relationship with artists can only be good for the industry, meaning acts will come not because of the money but talent and personality in the industry

3) These guys definitely had fun as the pictures suggest

4) For the first time as far as I can remember, a major entertainment event was streamed online. This is a plus in itself and I believe it has given other artists a platform to build on. Only downside is it has given people not even present at the concert an avenue to post erroneous statements based on the online feed and output from laptops. This concert has created a platform for many artists and the industry as a whole to build on and I can only hope we take advantage of it and not let any preference for D'banj or Don Jazzy cloud our judgement.

I know this will eventually turn into a D'banj vs Don Jazzy thread (lets make it a discussion for another day as I believe they are both losing and someone needs to talk some sense into both of them), I believe we should be clamouring for the unity of the two legends, rather than people thoughtlessly taking sides. I understand the venue was below par, but with the time of event and turn out, who would have handled this better? Only thing I would suggest is to recruit an industry recognised event handler next time as D'banj played his part but the logistics team let him down. Shikena
you are a genius!
Re: Reasons Dbanj's Concert Was A Success by akikanju(m): 1:55pm On Dec 31, 2012
tobtap: I agree wit u..I prefer d gud nd positive side of events..bigups to dbanj n co.
wisely said!
Re: Reasons Dbanj's Concert Was A Success by akikanju(m): 1:57pm On Dec 31, 2012
aminho: Always talk bout the positve...nigeria is great we just don't admit it
hmmh
Re: Reasons Dbanj's Concert Was A Success by akikanju(m): 1:58pm On Dec 31, 2012
alaoeri: Honestly don't know why ppl are having -ve remarks instead of +ve although the organisers fell short of logistics & fans had to trek long distance beside that the concert is commendable & the turn out is massive, never know Dbanj can pull such crowd.
you are on point!
Re: Reasons Dbanj's Concert Was A Success by fastigiater: 7:35pm On Dec 31, 2012
akikanju: you are a genius!

Thanks. Just wish people see from this perspective

(1) (Reply)

May D - Kigbe Featuring Olamide And Kayswitch / Jay-z Credits Canadian Born Nigerian Teen Ebony Oshunrinde On New Album / What Was Your Favorite Music Video In 2013?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.