Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:39 AM

Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. (12404 Views)

What Do You Think Will Be My Greatest Challenge when i become the president? / GEJ'S Greatest Challenge. / Ojukwu's Burial: Crowd Control As The Greatest Challenge During Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by onagoodday1: 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
Eko Ile: If you think this man is really not daft, the red highlight clearly pronounced his daftness. This man is worse than a kindergarten school kid This joker shouldn't be a supermarket shop keeper talk less the president of any country...

you must be a big fool, talking arant nonsense. Mumu!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by osolomio: 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2012
I am speechless with such comment coming from Mr President.
Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by wiseman2011(m): 1:19pm On Dec 30, 2012
wink[color=#006600][/color] Let him say whatever he want to said but the fact there our heavenly Father will send us maissah one day that will lead us to promise land. Time shall tell brothers.
Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by Symphony007: 1:26pm On Dec 30, 2012
In a way he is right, cause many nigerians complain about corruption but if given the opportunity to serve the nation they also help their selves to some loot saying the system is too bad so let them just mind their buisness and take what they can. It's really sad but it's being embelished in the heart of many nigerians. I was once speaking to some kids in junoir secondary one and asked what they wanted to be in future. One proudly said he wanted to be the nigerian president. I was proud and asked his reason and he said " i want to pack lots of money for me and my farmily so we will never suffer again" when you here such thing from the people who will inherit this nation, you know there is a problem. There was a time corruption only existed in the minds of our leaders but if we really want to reduce this cancer we've got to do some major soul searching as nigerian for the future of this nation.
Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by dabossman(m): 1:28pm On Dec 30, 2012
Mr. President and some folks here on NL need to understand that corruption isn't all about money. Most Nigerians are morally corrupt, attitudinal corrupt, financially corrupt and corrupt in so many other ways. The public and private sector is corrupt. Nepotism, slothfulness, bribery etc all boils down to corruption.

Come to think of it, its like the President is saying six and half a dozen aren't the same.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by warrior01: 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2012
Eko Ile:

Is this the reason why he's ignoring Benin Ore road and many federal roads in Nigeria?

BTW, you illiterate.

Lobby: a group of persons engaged in lobbying especially as representatives of a particular interest group

Bribe: money or favor given or promised in order to influence the judgment or conduct of a person in a position of trust.

when last did you pass Benin-ore road? why do you like spewing lies on a public forum like this? FYI, if it is benin-ore rd, we never had it so good.
Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2012
Btw, do most people know the meaning of corruption? Ppl insulting their president-someone older than their father- someone who have achieved more than all their generations will ever do, insulting each other, promoting their political will, politics won't help us in Nigeria, attitude will; these are supposed to be the future leaders-if Nigeria have a future.

Attitude is everything! If we can get out attitude right, corruption will flee

I do not like GEJ, but he's not far frm the truth, our attitude breeds corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 30, 2012
Dede1: Nigeria’s main problem is rooted in tribalism and religion. The only remedy to Nigeria’s misery is disintegration. It is a perceived fact that the Republic of Igbo-land will try to avoid the instances of being shamed for lacking behind Republic of Odua in terms of socio-politico-economic development, vis-à-vis. There shall be a healthy competition as well as cooperation among the nation states. In addition, there shall be a genuine fight against corruption among the nation states.
I had to read this post twice. Brilliant, You are a good man!
Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by sharpman1(m): 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
Na wa for this GEJ.

In other words.......
We should continue to make our roads bad by stealing the funds allocated for their repairs so that we would have less accidents and save the lives of our people.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by Eisenhower(m): 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
Ikengawo:

The Gun lobby pays political parties that agree to increase military spending and in specific buy guns from their member companys

hos is this different than IBB making PDP use his company in construction or Dangote using the government to block competition.
Lobbys pay parties for exclusive trade rights that are anti competitive, the same as bribing for oil blocs.
They also determine who the ministers their customer parties pick for key office places

GM has had several board members in the presidents cabinet. Dont be naive, are you convinced that Nigerians are the only ones clever enough to use government for their advantage? or that they're the first? or even best at it? smh.

my man you're right on this one. People take the u.s as a country of perfection but if you follow their polity very well you will discover that the corruption in nigeria can't be compared to that of u.s. In u.s they prosecute the scape goat who is not theirs but the real people that commits evil go scout free.remember dick cheney's halliburton involvement? Was he prosecuted? Hell No but they paid EFCC 500 million dollars to drop the case. We can continue to call out cases upon cases in the u.s involving top officials including the bush family but they were not prosecuted.
Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 30, 2012
Another trash spewing from the Dumbfuck! Shaking my head in utter dismay! grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by YoshiMaster: 1:40pm On Dec 30, 2012
You guys really need to check out Sheikh Mohammeds story, and how he loves Dubai and its people, I don't think our leaders love us enough.

We need someone that loves us dearly, that wants to transform the so called "area boys" into six digit earners, that wants to educate our kids and leave no kid behind.

We need someone that would be happy to flaunt his green passport when he goes overseas, not someone content to put it in a "blue" passport holder.

We need someone who wants to make it so that American Citizens are queing up at the Nigerian Embassy.

We need someone who is truely accountable to his God for every kobo spent.

We need someone who would look at a feeding bill of 1 billion naira a year, and immediately tear it up, while arresting its proposers.

We need someone that uses his cojones, not takes one himself.

All in all, we need someone that trully loves us dearly, as though we are all his direct children and our pain is his pain.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by lacicrips(m): 1:42pm On Dec 30, 2012
I would have given him a thumbs up if he had simply just said "Out attitude is amongst the greatest challenges facing us as a nation". Adding 'corruption' just goes to show he's not ready whatsoever to tackle corruption.

I can't wait to vote this man out in 2015.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by ifihearam: 1:43pm On Dec 30, 2012
The president is very correct.
Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by Ikwerefistson: 1:43pm On Dec 30, 2012
Eko Ile: If you think this man is really not daft, the red highlight clearly pronounced his daftness. This man is worse than a kindergarten school kid This joker shouldn't be a supermarket shop keeper talk less the president of any country...
a gargian is beter dan u
Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by ziccoit: 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2012
As far as accident is concerned, it is as a result of interplay of 3 factors

1. The driver
2. The vehicle
3. The road.
GEJ as usual was only looking at one angle which is the human factor-the driver. I am not sorry to say, GEJ is bereft of intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by omoalaro: 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2012
Our greatest challenge is Jonathan and his incompetence. May the Jonathanian era pass over us very quickly.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by Originalsly: 1:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
Eko Ile: Instead of this lazy fool to immediately fire his FRSC man for insinuating that people die more on good roads than bad roads, the id.iot decided to insult our intelligence with that disgraceful rubbish.

What a dummy...

Did you take time to digest what he said? You just add support to what he said and don't even know....so who's illiterate and who's the dummy? The corruption and stealing and bad roads and bad leaders will continue because the people allow it to happen. Are your local leaders delivering to your expectarions? Be quiet and stop ranting.
Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by powersunny: 1:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
There is always an issue whenever you engage Mr Jonathan in an intellectual discourse. His response to that Reverend proves this. If i were Mr presido, i will know that the man is stating the obvious reason why 95% of our roads are bad.I will also know that for the 5% roads that are good, we do not yet have a sophisticated traffic management and safety system to check Man's natural propensity to consume safety limits.This is y we have traffic cops everywhere in advanced countries who ensure road safety, arresting and punishing offenders (NO CORRUPTION AND BRIBERY).

Whichever way u analyze it, the gentleman Rev knows what he is saying, it is the gentleman of Otuoke that needs some lessons in comprehension.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
Ikengawo: Something as simple as forming a line in Nigeria will turn into a fight and people will push themselves and fight to get on a bus that everyone is boarding anyways and is going to leave at the same time and go to the same place whether they're first or not.

People, instead of hiring labor and helping unemployment, will find a 7 year old in their village and make them work for free

People, instead of hiring a graduated professional will hire their incompetent brother or nephew who doesn't take his job seriously
You will give people a good road and they'll drive the opposite of traffic

You will give a community an oil pipeline and they'll drill holes in it, blowing themselves up and polluting their community for the next 100 years.

People worship the rich and treat the poor as less than human even when they themselves are poor.

If you ask a nigerian about nigeria they will go on and on about everything bad in their life and wonder why the nation has a bad image, completely unable to count 1 of God's daily blessings

People harbor criminals if the criminal is from their local government area.

Corruption isn't the issue, it's the people and their attitude towards society.

Well, these are ATTITUDES of CORRUPT people
"Corrupt" is an adjective that can be used to qualify d noun Attitude..U treat those words as if they are antonyms.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by YoshiMaster: 1:47pm On Dec 30, 2012
Bolushalom:

Well, these are ATTITUDES of CORRUPT people
"Corrupt" is an adjective that can be used to qualify d noun Attitude..U treat those words as if they are antonyms.

I concur.
Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by ifihearam: 1:47pm On Dec 30, 2012
osolomio: I am speechless with such comment coming from Mr President.

What do you want him to say??must you attribute all the problems of this country to corruption alonemake una think well for once nau?
Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by bodsibobo(m): 1:50pm On Dec 30, 2012
This guy gets dafter by the day, I'd say!

No wonder many countires do not have regard for Nigerians anymore; because they see the kind of poo our president spews!

o ma se o!
Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by Aderupoko2: 1:52pm On Dec 30, 2012
Nawah for this GEJ.Instead of him to receive learning from the sermon and be wise,he is trying to reject the sermon in its entirety by propounding another line of reasoning.
Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by Ikwerefistson: 1:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
koruji: GEJ is on to sonething here. Let's follow the logic through - more bad roads, less deaths on the roads - problem solved. That's the GEJ way. Applause for the great leader embarassed embarassed embarassed

i agre wit gej a leadr is a product of d system.wat do we hav 2dy in wen a criminal is celebratd nd a patriot is never remberd.nija is d only con3 wer u slep a poor man nd wake up rich.u nd i brandishng our mouths here wat hav we done 2 chek coruptn even in our variouses ofices we tend 2be wost dan politicans.u acusd gej of nt fiteing coruptn bt kan we protest nd protect hm wen he decids 2be made a scape goat if he fights coruptn.we say d case of farouk nd otedola nobdy tok 2d strets 2 demand 4d outcm of d probe nd yet sm cowards lyk eko ile nd co wil sit behnd dia pentum lptop cowdarly brandishng dia stupidty nd insultng gej 4 any coments he made.animals
Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by killuminati(m): 1:57pm On Dec 30, 2012
Eko Ile:

You mean the common man's attitude is responsible for corruption in GEJ's administration and and past governments?

You mean the common man is responsible for public funds in private bank accounts, mansions and luxuries all over the world?

You mean as the president of Nigerian and the chief law enforcement officer in Nigeria, he has no obligation to fight corruption until the common man adjust their attitude that has nothing to do with corruption and corrupt people under his nose?

You mean the common man's attitude is responsible for fighting corruption, fixing bad roads?

You mean the common man's attitude change will fight and prosecute corruption and not GEJ whose constitutional obligation it is to do so..?
abeg no mind dem, dem a just don't nuh what they a talking bout!
Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by DickTator1: 1:58pm On Dec 30, 2012
Ikengawo: Something as simple as forming a line in Nigeria will turn into a fight and people will push themselves and fight to get on a bus that everyone is boarding anyways and is going to leave at the same time and go to the same place whether they're first or not.

People, instead of hiring labor and helping unemployment, will find a 7 year old in their village and make them work for free

People, instead of hiring a graduated professional will hire their incompetent brother or nephew who doesn't take his job seriously
You will give people a good road and they'll drive the opposite of traffic

You will give a community an oil pipeline and they'll drill holes in it, blowing themselves up and polluting their community for the next 100 years.

People worship the rich and treat the poor as less than human even when they themselves are poor.

If you ask a nigerian about nigeria they will go on and on about everything bad in their life and wonder why the nation has a bad image, completely unable to count 1 of God's daily blessings

People harbor criminals if the criminal is from their local government area.

Corruption isn't the issue, it's the people and their attitude towards society.

GBAM.. GBOSA!!! KUDOS
Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by BetaThings: 1:58pm On Dec 30, 2012
:

President Goodluck Jonathan, who made Azazi his NSA, said Nigeria would be far better than it is now if only 50 per cent of the citizens can emulate his fairness at all times.

Going down memory lane,the President said when he had to appoint his first set of service chiefs after the death of the late President Umaru Yar’Adua, it was Azazi he turned to for advice in view of his military background and that his assessment of each of the nominees for the different offices played a big role in the emergence of the appointees.

He said all through that period,Azazi’s primary consideration was merit.

The President, who was reacting to an earlier remark by one of the officiating cleargies at the funeral about corruption in Nigeria, said he does not agree that corruption is the cause of all of Nigeria’s problems and that if more Nigerians can emulate Azazi’s virtues of fairness,honesty and competence the country would be better than it is.

Corruption is not the cause of our problem, Nigeria has more institutions that fight corruption.Most of the issues we talk about are not corruption.If we do things properly, if we change our attitudes of doing things most of the thing we thinks are caused by corruption are not,” he said.

The Chief of Army State,Lt General Azubuike Ihejirika called him a brillian officer who “ was outstanding in all the courses he attended and the overall best student at the War College.

He was very fair and transparent. He lived what he preached. He was detribulised, ever-forgiving and like water ‘he no get enemy.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/attitude-not-corruption-is-nigerias-problem-jonathan/

So why did we sack someone with the right attitude?
We are fighting corruption - no black eye? no blood. So why are we cutting budget of EFCC?
So why do we have more institution fighting corruption if it is not the problem
Should we not be putting more money into attitudinal change programmes like NOA (and what some people are doing on NL? - selling snake oil)

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by Emmy9898: 2:00pm On Dec 30, 2012
thelastPope:

Is a doer of what? See how partisan you sound? Please don't derail the thread. You are at least showing everyone on the thread that you came here to promote your party, not contribute to a debate! You might as well post your party logo in your next post. Am done with your diversions!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by Ikwerefistson: 2:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
koruji: GEJ is on to sonething here. Let's follow the logic through - more bad roads, less deaths on the roads - problem solved. That's the GEJ way. Applause for the great leader embarassed embarassed embarassed

on d case of frsc dy re also corect.d statement does nt insinuate dat gud roads re bad or dat we dnt ned it bt dy re sayng out of experience wic am a witnes cos most of my job is on d road.if u se d way drivers drive recklesly on nylon tard roads u wil marvel.ds goes 2 comfrm one of d coments made by an ex gov frm d north sm ys bk dat d cos of acidents in d north is ovr gud roads.wic i agre.so d mesage is hw 2 tackle d exces of road users on highways
Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by kwajahafiz(m): 2:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
Ikengawo: He's 100% right. People use corruption as a scapegoat because they're too lazy to think when in reality it's the mentality of the people and attitude that's holding the country back. America is very corrupt. What we call bribes here as called Lobby's in the US and Lobbyists (Bribers) get offices in Washington DC and websites. They pay politicians to do what they want the politicians to do and pay the media to do their own bidding, but the country functions. Everything from inflated contracts to cronyism and ballot manipulation, is in the US openly

There's a high probability that you didn't attend university, at best a Nigerian high school.

the difference is if you pass a law in the US people follow it and whom ever's duty it is to enforce it will enforce it.
If you build a good road in Nigeria people use it to speed. The police hired to enforce it will sleep on he job, and if someone gets in trouble for breaking a law they act like the government is oppressing them.

Most accidents in Nigeria happen on good roads. The only thing stopping Nigerians from going top speed in their cars at all times are potholes.
Nigerians need a new civic culture.

Re: Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. by AlexJ1(m): 2:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
He's right. I totally concur. Corruption is not a person. We are prone to evil and good but we are not all evil or all good. Choosing and doing evil or good depends on character, attitude, perception et al. Until every individual adopts a positive attitude, Mr President continues to be right by this statement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

We Didn’t Abduct Melaye: DSS / Why Re Multinational Company's Avoiding South East Region / The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.