Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here (2080 Views)

Embedded System Tutorial #include<module2.h> :what Is A Microcontroller? / PIC Programmer / Free Online Embedded System Design Tutorials with PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by get2kunle: 11:56am On Dec 30, 2012
Let share knowledge on pic programming,having any challenges on ur pic project or program !!!!!...paste it on here we might be of help...

for peeps interested in circuit design, pic programing,feel free to contact me on 08053205663..kay

Thanks
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by hopefullman: 10:45am On Jan 24, 2013
I'm also interested in learning pic.i av even goten som materials on d net bt dy are all theories and nt easy 2learn.any way u can hlp i wl apreciat it. Thanks
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by get2kunle: 2:17pm On Feb 04, 2013
Well you will need to read wide if you want to learn pic....I have easy to read ebooks with me which I think can help you go far....mail me on...get2kunle@yahoo.co.uk...I will attach and send some to u..........
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by naijavlogcom(m): 6:40pm On Feb 05, 2013
As far as you can read and willing to take your time in research,you can learn about anything you wish...including pic programming. Why not search online journals about and you will find yourself overwhelmed by the information you will get. If you don't know about any journal site,simply google the niche keyword then "+pdf" you will see a lot of them. this is because most journal sites save most of their information in pdf formats. From there, you can go as far as you want.wishing you a safe information overload!
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by hopefullman: 12:09am On Feb 06, 2013
Thanks. I usually get stuked durin readin.i jst ned som guidanc and i hope ds forum wl hlp.2nks
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by get2kunle: 7:28am On Feb 20, 2013
This is what this forum is meant for...tell us where u get stuck.....maybe we might be of help...
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by holax: 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2013
How can you sell your projects here in Nigeria?
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by hopefullman: 5:29am On Feb 24, 2013
I'm somtim stkd at mneumonics which is d basis of asm lang as i am learnin ASM lang
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by hopefullman: 11:13am On Mar 12, 2013
My location is akure.i dnt no if i cn meet any microcontroler programer here 4trainin
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by get2kunle: 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2013
Read
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by hopefullman: 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2013
get2kunle: Read
i can read.in fact i read alot.bt practical is diff 4rm theory.so ijst ned litle pratical guidanc
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by get2kunle: 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2013
Ok
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by hopefullman: 1:15pm On Mar 24, 2013
@kunle.wer is ur lcation.2nk u
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by hopefullman: 11:34am On Mar 30, 2013
I compild ds code and mplab told me build suced bt didnt display d hex file.hw wl i get d hex file.thanks. LIST P=16F84
#include <p16f84.inc>
__config_RC_OSC &_WDT_OFF &_PWRTE_ON
org 0000h
movlw b'00000'
movwf TrisA
bcf Status,5
begin movlw b'11111'
movwf PortA
movlw b'00000'
movwf portA
goto begin
end
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 30, 2013
hopefullman: I compild ds code and mplab told me build suced bt didnt display d hex file.hw wl i get d hex file.thanks. LIST P=16F84

Go to the folder in your system where you created the .mcp file (MPLAB project file). If the build was successful, you should find the hex file there.
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by hopefullman: 9:25pm On Mar 31, 2013
NeoTesla:

Go to the folder in your system where you created the .mcp file (MPLAB project file). If the build was successful, you should find the hex file there.
thanks i av sen it there bt its larg<24kb>.y is it so large.cn it fit in2 d pic?y is it dt i cn only open d hex file wt a c compiler dspit chosin mpasm lang in my mplab.2nk u
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 01, 2013
hopefullman:

thanks i av sen it there bt its larg<24kb>.y is it so large.cn it fit in2 d pic?y is it dt i cn only open d hex file wt a c compiler dspit chosin mpasm lang in my mplab.2nk u

I understand it seems large. I cannot say why that is so. But in my experience, your program will not even build if your code exceeds the memory requirements of the particular PIC Microcontroller you chose. Please note that the true amount (in percentage) of memory your program will occupy would be displayed in the MPLAB output window when the build is successful. I suggest you build again and check the percentage of memory MPLAB says your code occupies so you can rid yourself of this worry.

I'm not really sure what you mean by 'open' the hex file. A C compiler compiles C code to hex files, MPASM is an assembler that converts assembly language to machine code (hex file). You do not need or use a C compiler for assembly language.
I do not know if you have the proteus simulation software but in case you do, you can test your code in the ISIS platform.

1 Like

Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by hopefullman: 1:44pm On Apr 03, 2013
@tesla.thanks.i wl try building again.i'm usin mpasm tolsuit.i jst hav a c compiler on my pc in case i want 2learn clang.i'm nt usin it 2compil asm
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by get2kunle: 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2013
hopefullman: @kunle.wer is ur lcation.2nk u
ibadan
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by get2kunle: 8:06pm On Jul 20, 2013
hopefullman:

Which simulator software are u using....if you are using proteus, my advice for u is to use the compiler in there...its a lot easier and straight forward....
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by get2kunle: 8:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
An Engineer can't be broke unless he is lazy........
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by get2kunle: 8:10pm On Jul 20, 2013
U can teach skills but u can't teach passion....
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by hopefullman: 9:29am On Jul 21, 2013
@get2kunle.quite a long time.
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by hopefullman: 9:31am On Jul 21, 2013
get2kunle:

Which simulator software are u using....if you are using proteus, my advice for u is to use the compiler in there...its a lot easier and straight forward....
i nw understand.i wasn't writin d code well.do u program in asm or c?
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by get2kunle: 2:13pm On Jul 21, 2013
@hopefulman have been quite busy....yes I write my code in asm and c .......

Good job

You can teach skills but u can't teach passion....
Re: Embedded System...pic Programmer Meets Here by micemb: 4:41am On Jul 26, 2013
Eebedded system is very easy to understand and learn if you get someone to guide you on how to start. There are so many information on the net but as a beginner is quite challenging to know how and where to start from. Some of the questions you may want to consider are

1. which language do i use assembly or C language or C++ language?
2. what microcontroller do i start with?
3. which compiler and IDE should I use?
4. How do i simulate my design ?
5. What development Kits do i get to practice and my design?
6. How do i understand the architecture of the micro-controller i choose to use ?
7. what are the perquisite skills and knowledge i need to get started?
8. what can i use the knowledge for?
9. what is the best way to learn?

There so many IDE, Development Kits, Text books, tutorials on the internet but there is a company in Kaduna that are into embedded systems. They have customized development kits and free tutorials to help you get started. They also provide technical support when you have problems working on your embedded system. Here is their tutorial page
http://www.microscale-embedded.com/blog/

(1) (Reply)

COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND WEBSITE DESIGN / Need Python Programmers To Collabo And Share Ideas.. / Random Problems To Measure Algorithmic Efficiency (asymptotic Analysis)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.