Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

You Are NOT The Daddy!! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / You Are NOT The Daddy!! (736 Views)

Why Do Ibadan People Call Every Tall Guys Daddy? / Daddy Doin' Work Blog.."PIC" / Many Nigerian Girls in nigeria have sugar daddy(aristo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are NOT The Daddy!! by Blyss: 6:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
“3 Out Of 10 Nigerian Men Are Not Biological Fathers Of Their Children” – DNA Experts

First of I’ll say this not just a Nigerian problem as I’ve heard a similar stat for Americans also. I think about 1/5 in the American case, but since this is a website focused on Nigerian stuff we’ll focus on ours.

A recent study by “DNA experts” in Nigeria have revealed a shocking statistic that about 3 in 10 men are not biological fathers of their children. A recent interview with Nation shown below:

We have seen that there is serious need for it because in many homes things are happening that are scary both to the lives of children and their parents. And for the general statistics that is now available, it is found that three out of every ten men are not the fathers of their babies. Similarly, three out of every ten children are not fathered by men they have seen as their biological fathers. What we have found out is that, anytime we take ten men, at least three of them eventually found that they are not the fathers of the children they call their own. And these men would have taken care of the children for all their lives.

Now, the global statistics is 100, 000 out of every 300, 000 men. But what we have found that is that the situation is higher in Nigeria than other places. For example in our laboratory here, 50 per cent of the cases comes out negative. And we also realised that majority of the first-borns are affected. You only need to be here to see big men cry like little kids and watch children weep in agony. It has been that bad. And I dare say it is becoming something every home must do and you may be quite surprised at the level of dastard revelation.

About thirty per cent of fathers are unknowingly bringing up children who are not biologically theirs. And it is suspected that this percentage may be on the increase due to sexual recklessness. According to recent trends in sexual health, especially in Nigeria, it was suggested that unprotected sex and multiple partners are comparatively common occurrences with a large proportion of conceptions still unplanned. So, more than half, that is, 50 per cent of all paternity tests carried out by our lab comes out negative and the most affected are first-borns, except in a few cases.

Shocking right?

Now there are different factors these things. For the longest time if there was no child the blame was immediately shifted to the woman. That could affect things is some ways. Pressure to have children when it’s not coming easy. There’s also the issue of just plain infidelity. Then there’s just plain ignorance on both parts. Blind trust.

In 2012, shine your eye.

On the flip-side we can look at the positive. 70% of men are actually biological fathers of their children. Yea? Positive?

Drop your thoughts.
Re: You Are NOT The Daddy!! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 30, 2012
smh.
the anti-black american rant bait has been set.
Re: You Are NOT The Daddy!! by Blyss: 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2012
*Kails*:
smh.
the anti-black american rant bait has been set.

Well pass experience tells me you are correct, though I just had to put it out there as a good cultural section topic for Nigerian to discuss on this here Nigerian site. Though you know as well as I do that they'll take huge offence to an "Akata" posting it up, and will proceed to attempt to turn the subject into an BA vs. Naija issue instead just facing and focusing on the issue at hand. cheesy
Re: You Are NOT The Daddy!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2012
i dont bliv this. this is made-up.provide correct proofs and links.

its normal for akatas but not for us. for akats its around 3 in 5.
Re: You Are NOT The Daddy!! by Odunnu: 6:31pm On Dec 30, 2012
Hmmm. Shocking! 3 out of 10? Are we this promiscuos?
Re: You Are NOT The Daddy!! by Blyss: 6:38pm On Dec 30, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
i dont bliv this. this is made-up.provide correct proofs and links.

its normal for akatas but not for us. for akats its around 3 in 5.

Well, the study is a Nigerian Federally funded study. So why would your own gov., which is 100% the same racial, cultural and religious background as those being studied, want to negatively taint such information? It wouldn't make sense.
Re: You Are NOT The Daddy!! by MrsChima(f): 7:24pm On Dec 30, 2012
In my area...the largest baby daddies of NON-AMERICAN MEN ARE NIGERIAN MEN FOLLOWED BY JAMO MEN. MOST OF THE BABY MOMMIES ARE WHITE FOLLOWED BY BLACK WOMEN BOTH LOCAL AND FOREIGN.

WE NEED TO KEEP IT REAL IF WE ARE TO PROGRESS ININDIVIDUALLY.
Re: You Are NOT The Daddy!! by Blyss: 7:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
Odunnu: Hmmm. Shocking! 3 out of 10? Are we this promiscuos?

LOL, you don't get out much, do you?
Re: You Are NOT The Daddy!! by Abagworo(m): 8:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
It is women that trick their last boyfriends into fathering their 1st issues. I experienced that and so did like 3 other friends. 3 out of 10 might be low considering the frequency in my environment. They beg you that they want to use that child in remembering you since you guys could not marry. Its called "goodbye sex" and happens just a week to her wedding.
Re: You Are NOT The Daddy!! by Blyss: 8:25pm On Dec 30, 2012
Abagworo: It is women that trick their last boyfriends into fathering their 1st issues. I experienced that and so did like 3 other friends. 3 out of 10 might be low considering the frequency in my environment. They beg you that they want to use that child in remembering you since you guys could not marry. Its called "goodbye sex" and happens just a week to her wedding.

LOL, that's fuocked up. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Documentary Hidden Colors 2 / He Was Asked To Pay Her (his Wife To Be) "BRIDE PRICE" Into A Bank Account / Please Can Someone From The Tiv Tribe Tell Me About Their Culture And Tradition?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.