Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 (12026 Views)

Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. / APC Senator-elect Have Now Reduced To 58 • How PDP Can Win / PDP Will Win Lagos Governorship Election – Mu’azu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Mogidi: 4:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
This bi.tc.h will officially aquire Lagos PLC and deliver it as part of the firm.

A 2015 vote for Mrs. Tinubu (ACN Candidate)is a vote to make Lagos an extension of Thief Tinubu's massive real estate.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by daygee4u(m): 5:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
dady12: those people
claiming that banning of okada ve negative effect on politics are
making a big mistakes,during voting time, you will see them making their
money from a drop,there is nothg wrong in sacking all those doctor cos
you cannot see patient dieing in hospitals and doctors will be
demanding for salary increase,interms of party pdp is an association of
political buccaners and a total failure,can you count any pdp gov that
is doing well?look at my state delta,we ve a governor of abandon
project,infact i will never vote for pdp till death,i think ACN are not
better but at present, their governors are doing good jobs

Pls correct me if I am wrong
Former Gombe state governor (Danjuma Goje) did well during his tenure by building both an Airport and a University for gombe state also beautifying the state even with the little 'resources' at his disposal...
And current governor of Akwa-Ibom (Godswill Akpabio) is also doin well... However τ̣̣ђё -ves of the party is overshadowing the good they aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ or have done...

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by anonimi: 5:13pm On Jan 02, 2013
Demdem:

there were ALLEGED PLANS by the house to impeach fashola and in ur dumb state u believe Tinubu who is not even a member of the house asked his people in the house to impeach him right (by the way, its alleged not even confirmed).
Sorry bro but i dont think u are making sense.
Fashola is Tinubu's man. he has alaways been and will continue to be so. Long live the union.

If you have CONVENIENTLY forgotten (or simply want to distort facts) na your three pence be dat.
But please understand if all of us cannot be like you and the other Tinubu ACN propagandists. Permit me to tickle your memory a little with this thread, just one of the many on the matter at the time.

https://www.nairaland.com/391288/2011-no-automatic-ticket-fashola

It included this extract:

THE Action Congress (AC) yesterday said there would be no automatic ticket for Lagos State governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola in the 2011 general elections, insisting that the incumbent would slug it out with other aspirants during the party’s governorship primaries.
This is as hundreds of Lagosians yesterday stormed the Lagos State House of Assembly, Alausa, Ikeja to protest alleged plot by the law-makers and former Governor Bola Tinubu to impeach Mr. Fashola (SAN).
[size=14pt]The House had last Thursday set up a six-man committee to investigate alleged financial impropriety leveled against Fashola’s administration by a group, “The True Face of Lagos.”[/size]
However, chairman of the AC in Lagos State, Chief Henry Ajomale, blamed the allegations on mischief makers who were bent on distracting Fashola’s administration ahead of 2011 governorship election.
In an interview with Daily Champion Ajomale however ruled out any automatic ticket for Governor Fashola in the forthcoming poll?
Asked if Fashola would get the party’s ticket for a second term in office, he said: “It is very possible because we are democratic. You can’t just impose anybody on the members of the party. We will go through the primaries and if he emerges fine…
“Let us go through the process of primaries but I believe with the record he has now, I don’t think he will have any problem in scaling through the primaries.”
At yesterday’s rally, the protesters booed the Speaker, Adeyemi Ikuforiji and Ajomale for allegedly aiding the plot to impeach Fashola. They chided members of the State Assembly, urging them to purge themselves before accusing the governor.
The coalition of many groups, including the Lovers of Raji Fashola (LORAF), the Coalition of Youths for Good Governance and the Movement for Good Governance led by their leaders to Alausa to warn the legislators against any move that would jeopardize the governor’s return ticket, arguing that since the creation of the state, saying “Lagosians have never had it this good.”
Armed with placards with various inscriptions, including “Good governance must be sustained”, “Fashola carry go, don’t destroy the gains of continuity”, Solidarity for Achiever-Eko o ni baje;” “We say no to intimidation in Lagos; We know, who are Lagosians”, “Enough is Enough”, “Best man must continue and we have seen the scripts of the master being played”.
The protesters arrived the assembly complex amid heavy presence of Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS), regular policemen and mobile policemen at about 11 am, where they were jointly addressed by Ikuforiji and Ajomale.
Addressing the irate Lagosians, Ikuforiji said the House has the constitutional right and duty to probe the governor, adding that the lawmakers were merely performing their constitutional duties.

Anyway, as the Ashiwaju of Area Boys don pay $5,000 to attend Obama's Democratic convention, he may have learnt that you don't do primaries for an incumbent who is performing !!!

Another clip from the period out of the usually scanty archives on Nigerian news:

2011: Pro-Democracy Rallies Turning Into Campaign For Fashola

LAGOS, June 30, (THEWILL) - Independent groups hooting for Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) to contest in the 2011 governorship election have been taking advantage of pro-democracy rallies held to campaign for Fashola.
But the groups, which include Lovers of Raji Fashola (LORAF) Fans Club, Babatunde Raji Fashola (BARAFAS) Fans Club, Fasholamania Group and the Integrity Campaign Group, had claimed at different times that their activities were independent and based on how they claimed Fashola had transformed Lagos within three years.
Fashola also has not openly identified with any of the groups, though findings revealed that some of his loyalists in the State Executive Council and the Kitchen Cabinet have been meeting in camera with the leaders of the groups fine-tuning how the governor can clinch the Action Congress (AC) governorship ticket.

The latest of the activities of the pro-Fashola groups took place at the Onikan Stadium rally of the Save Nigeria Group (SNG) under the leadership of Pastor Tunde Bakare organized in collaboration with Coalition of Democrats and Electoral Reforms (CODER) to call for the cancellation of the existing voters’ register.

Nigerian Voice
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by inspbado(m): 5:23pm On Jan 02, 2013
Billyonaire: Am sorry sir if I punch a hole in your armour, but I have lived and own some stakes the states I mentioned and I can tell you more about the people and they average orientations. I dont know if you have even visited these places to be able to sound an unbiased conviction. I love Lagos and I live in Lagos, but truth be told, if I need a little more peace of mind, Lagos isnt the place. Akwa-Cross is the place.
Mr man, d guy asked u a simple question, to wit; "what is d population of those states u quoted as being better governed than Lagos", and u launched into a lengthy speech. The fact still remains that u cannot compare the population or the money accruing to those states to Lagos. I aint trying to hold any brief for Lagos state govt or acn(infact I feel they can do better) , but I think its a great injustice to compare Lagos to other states in Nigeria. Lagos state is grappling with the unresolved problems of Nigeria(and on d face of it,I honestly don't think d Lagos state govt has don badly in handling some of these probs) and other states in d federation. If d federal govt nd other states can create just half of d enabling environment for business which we've in Lagos(and to a large extent, ogun state)all these wahala we currently face in Lagos would be greatly reduced. Most of the guvs in the oil producing states enjoy a small population,plus mega oil money at their disposal,so I won't be wrong in saying they've an easy time managing their states. To be able to truly evaluate them I would've loved to see them manage a state with the population of Lagos,wif its attendant problems. Then we will be able to really judge weather these your "performing guvs" are up to scratch.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Demdem(m): 5:27pm On Jan 02, 2013
anonimi:

If you have CONVENIENTLY forgotten (or simply want to distort facts) na your three pence be dat.
But please understand if all of us cannot be like you and the other Tinubu ACN propagandists. Permit me to tickle your memory a little with this thread, just one of the many on the matter at the time.

https://www.nairaland.com/391288/2011-no-automatic-ticket-fashola

It included this extract:

Anyway, as the Ashiwaju of Area Boys don pay $5,000 to attend Obama's Democratic convention, he may have learnt that you don't do primaries for an incumbent who is performing !!!

Another clip from the period out of the usually scanty archives on Nigerian news:

Dumb, all u have successfully done is to remind us of the good actions the house took when allegations of corruption was levelled against him. its an action that should be applauded. however, how it concerns Tinubu which u alleged, u still havent revealed.
The legislature had issues with the executive just like we normally have in the federal so i see nothing out of place here.
besides from ur post the chairman of the party stated:

However, chairman of the AC in Lagos State, Chief Henry Ajomale, blamed the allegations on mischief makers who were bent on distracting Fashola’s administration ahead of 2011 governorship election.
In an interview with Daily Champion Ajomale however ruled out any automatic ticket for Governor Fashola in the forthcoming poll?
Asked if Fashola would get the party’s ticket for a second term in office, he said: “It is very possible because we are democratic. You can’t just impose anybody on the members of the party. We will go through the primaries and if he emerges fine…

one would have thought Ajomale would have been inside Tinubu's pocket grin grin
Again i ask u to reveal to all the direct tinubu's connection grin
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by luvinhubby(m): 5:29pm On Jan 02, 2013
So many of this ACN supporters are not in touch with reality in Lagos.
Tinubu/Fashola are seen as sadistic and inhumane opportunist that careless about the vulnerable ones in our society. His utterances smack of arrogance and ethnicity.
Some diehard ACN supporters are willing to dump the party 'cos of Tinubu's overbearing influence and willing to work against the party as was the case in Ondo state.
It was obvious that ACN did not do too well at the last L.G elections.

All PDP needs do to capture Lagos is FIELD A SELLABLE CANDIDATE.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Ad4(m): 8:18pm On Jan 02, 2013
For me, there is rally no difference between the PDP and ACN but I prefer the PDP because they are not hypocrites. PDP will do something and you will know its them and the direction that they are going to. ACN on the other hand are bunch of hypocrites,they steal and loot and pretend to be saints. Tell me, the whole income generated by Lagos State, what is it been used for? All the double taxation and the double digit taxes, what are they been used for? Do you belief that most of the projects in Lagos State are funded from World Bank loans! ask your close friends working for the state and they will tell you.
There is need for a change in government no matter the party.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by lanre80(m): 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
There is no doubt that ACN is performing but at thesame time amassing wealth for Tinubu.
My problem is that Lagos state is making lots of money from TAXATION. Then why make Education(LASU) so expensive. For God sake, is education not suppose to be one of the major responsibility of Goverment ie Making it available & affordable for it's people. ACN is misbahaving because PDP has failed.
ACN should be more pro Masses. That is what Goverance is all about.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by aljharem(m): 8:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
All these pro-ACN people please point out what ACN has done for us. Apart from one individual which is Fashola ACN can be categorised as one of the most corrupt Parties in Nigeria

En-massing wealth meant for common people to Tinubu. After Fasola, give PDP a chance so you can receive good goverance. Giving ACN Lagos will spell disaster for Lagosians and SWerners.

You would say I said it. Mark my words
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by dayokanu(m): 8:35pm On Jan 02, 2013
alj harem: All these pro-ACN people please point out what ACN has done for us. Apart from one individual which is Fashola ACN can be categorised as one of the most corrupt Parties in Nigeria

En-massing wealth meant for common people to Tinubu. After Fasola, give PDP a chance so you can receive good goverance. Giving ACN Lagos will spell disaster for Lagosians and SWerners.

You would say I said it. Mark my words

So Na only Fashola you see?

You no see Aregbesola in Osun, You no see Ajimobi in Oyo, You no see oshiomole in Edo, You no see Fayemi in Ekiti or Amosun in Ogun

All these ACN were wayyy better than what PDP gave us in Fayose, Alao-Akala, Oyinlola and Lucky Igbinedion
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by aljharem(m): 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2013
dayokanu:

So Na only Fashola you see?

You no see Aregbesola in Osun, You no see Ajimobi in Oyo, You no see oshiomole in Edo, You no see Fayemi in Ekiti or Amosun in Ogun

All these ACN were wayyy better than what PDP gave us in Fayose, Alao-Akala, Oyinlola and Lucky Igbinedion

I have been to these states of recent and when PDP was there. THERE IS NO SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES. And with the way they are working, they don't intend to.

Monopolising Lagos to ACN would mean Tinubu can just pick and choose who he wants. It is not meant to be so, SW should open their eyes and smell the coffee. Let others do their second term as ACN governor but Lagos should go back to PDP 2015 so as to put ACN on their toes.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by seanet01: 8:43pm On Jan 02, 2013
Pdp laptops are increasing day by day
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by aljharem(m): 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
seanet01: Pdp laptops are increasing day by day

what do you mean ? can the same be said of ACN laptops ?
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by dayokanu(m): 9:21pm On Jan 02, 2013
alj harem:

I have been to these states of recent and when PDP was there. THERE IS NO SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES. And with the way they are working, they don't intend to.

Monopolising Lagos to ACN would mean Tinubu can just pick and choose who he wants. It is not meant to be so, SW should open their eyes and smell the coffee. Let others do their second term as ACN governor but Lagos should go back to PDP 2015 so as to put ACN on their toes.

I am from Oyo State and I can see the difference from when Alao Akala was governor

As starters we dont have NURTW thugs killing everyone in the streets of Ibadan

Its malicious and false for anyone to claim that in Oyo state for example there has been no difference

Lets go to Osun How can anyone see the road constructions going on and still claim there is no difference? Was the previous PDP govt blind to see that they needed road in Osun instead of taking loans for 6 world class stadiums?

And the way it is in every SW state
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by DeeDok: 9:38pm On Jan 02, 2013
Fashola for president 2015
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by takedat(m): 9:54pm On Jan 02, 2013
Nigerians will never learn their lesson. PDP has been saddled with the affairs of running the country for the past 13years with little or nothing to show for it. Its rather preposterous that the @Op will be yearning for the same party to the extent of suggesting to poach candidates from another party. ACN may not have risen to our expectation but there are other parties who are hungry to be given a shot at leadership to convince all, the only thing is to look for the right candidate amongst them.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by kennytidistar(m): 9:58pm On Jan 02, 2013
[Billyonaire]PDP governors in Akwa IBOm and Cross River States transformed those states. Its more about the individual politicians and the determination. Should PDP in Lagos field a new blood of candidate with excellent track record, then it will better for Lagos than the Present beaches thieving, land-ripping, toll-collecting, Lasu fee heigtening, Hotels building, drug pushing, and IGR pocketing cabals headed by the Lion of Bourdillon, the King of Fraud.

1,000,000 Likes grin
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by aljharem(m): 10:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
dayokanu:

I am from Oyo State and I can see the difference from when Alao Akala was governor

As starters we dont have NURTW thugs killing everyone in the streets of Ibadan

Its malicious and false for anyone to claim that in Oyo state for example there has been no difference

Lets go to Osun How can anyone see the road constructions going on and still claim there is no difference? Was the previous PDP govt blind to see that they needed road in Osun instead of taking loans for 6 world class stadiums?

And the way it is in every SW state

LOL environmental sanitation is change in Oyo.. The same Oyo I still went 4 days ago ? Ok yes that is a change

Now here are the challenges facing OYO,

1. Poor road network
2. Narrow roads
3. Dirty
4. Organisation

I can keep going on.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by kennytidistar(m): 10:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
[seanet01]Pdp laptops are increasing day by day.

What about ACN 3310? grin
the truth is ACN has reach is peak politically and it has no option than to come down. ACN we loose three southwest sit including Lagos and Ogun come 2015. Mark todays date.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by aljharem(m): 10:09pm On Jan 02, 2013
take dat[b:
]Nigerians will never learn their lesson[/b]. PDP has been saddled with the affairs of running the country for the past 13years with little or nothing to show for it. Its rather preposterous that the @Op will be yearning for the same party to the extent of suggesting to poach candidates from another party. ACN may not have risen to our expectation but there are other parties who are hungry to be given a shot at leadership to convince all, the only thing is to look for the right candidate amongst them.

You cannot be serious. Yes indeed Nigerians will never learn their lessons. Making a state a one party state is would spell disaster to any state, country or society. Go read history of Nigeria or even general history.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by aljharem(m): 10:11pm On Jan 02, 2013
kennytidistar: [seanet01]Pdp laptops are increasing day by day.

the truth is ACN has reach is peak politically and it has no option than to come down. ACN we loose three southwest sit including Lagos and Ogun come 2015. Mark todays date.

I don't know of Ogun but LAGOS STATE. YES THEY HAVE TO LOSE LAGOS if we what development. Fashola has set the pace, it is time we think and stop acting like goats with low IQ.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by seanet01: 10:17pm On Jan 02, 2013
alj harem:

I don't know of Ogun but LAGOS STATE. YES THEY HAVE TO LOSE LAGOS if we what development. Fashola has set the pace, it is time we think and stop acting like goats with low IQ.
Keep deceiving yourself. Pdp cannot win a single house of assembly in the whole south west come 2015.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by aljharem(m): 10:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
seanet01: Keep deceiving yourself. Pdp cannot win a single house of assembly in the whole south west come 2015.

LOL you are fighting the wind. Already with all the power, hoff and puff. PDP won Ikoyi LG after monopolising Lagos state for so long.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by seanet01: 10:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
kennytidistar: [seanet01]Pdp laptops are increasing day by day.

Keep deluding yourself.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by hathiba: 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2013
the beauty of life is when u have a strong competition.I believe by now,PDP have learnt their lessons and if given another chance in SouthWest state, they would perform beyond expectations.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by takedat(m): 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2013
alj harem:

You cannot be serious. Yes indeed Nigerians will never learn their lessons. Making a state a one party state is would spell disaster to any state, country or society. Go read history of Nigeria or even general history.
What do you mean by making a state a one party state? PDP governs 23 states of the federation while the other parties share the remaining 13 states, would you prefer that the other 13 states go the way of PDP? What you are proposing is an expansionist agenda. Why are you not complaining of PDP being the ruling party in the federal level since the advent of the 4th Republic? What we have now is a fair distribution except you'd like to turn Nigeria into a one party state, ACN may lose Lagos but it mustn't be to PDP!
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by sammy187: 10:22pm On Jan 02, 2013
senator mamora is the best bet for the 2015 election.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by aljharem(m): 10:23pm On Jan 02, 2013
hathiba: the beauty of life is when u have a strong competition.I believe by now,PDP have learnt their lessons and if given another chance in SouthWest state, they would perform beyond expectations.

Thank you. It is refreshing to know people still think in the SW not just acting like sheeps
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by DeepSight(m): 10:30pm On Jan 02, 2013
alj harem:

Thank you. It is refreshing to know people still think in the SW not just acting like sheeps

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by aljharem(m): 10:33pm On Jan 02, 2013
take dat: What do you mean by making a state a one party state? PDP governs 23 states of the federation while the other parties share the remaining 13 states, would you prefer that the other 13 states go the way of PDP? What you are proposing is an expansionist agenda. Why are you not complaining of PDP being the ruling party in the federal level since the advent of the 4th Republic? What we have now is a fair distribution except you'd like to turn Nigeria into a one party state, ACN may lose Lagos but it mustn't be to PDP!

I am not advocating for other states to have PDP but Lagos YES. I am not one of those paid agents, tribal bigots or just a sheep following the flow of the herd. I am a true Lagosian and would not use Party or any other sentiment to ruin Lagos.

Now ACN aka Tinubu is ruining Lagos and you know it unless you are one of those that is just obsessed with ACN propagandas.

In this life there is time for everything, I voted for Fashola even though I do not like ACN. Some of us see the bigger picture. Even Tinubu and Fashola were not and are not still in good terms. WHY YOU ASK ? because tinubu wants to keep stealing and acting like a God-father anf Fashola is a true democratic good person that thinks of the people he leads first before any stu.pid Tinubu or party. That is what a leader is meant to be doing, THAT IS WHAT WE NEED IN LAGOS.

I could careless of other states outside because they have their leaders accountable. The federal power needs to be changed as well of which I have always advocated for. I want PDP to lose 2015 in Nigeria but does not stop my impending passion for my home state.

How can tinubu own more than 50 % of Lagos wealth and we call in democrazy. All the lands in Lekki is owned by Tinubu and using Lagos funds meant for the "common man" to beautified HIS PERSONAL PROPERTY not Lagos. Who is fooling who ?

All the crap you all just type on NL, it best to just watch at times because you do not realise how angry Lagosian are with Tinubu and ACN.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by aljharem(m): 10:33pm On Jan 02, 2013
Deep Sight:

Thanks
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by seanet01: 10:33pm On Jan 02, 2013
hathiba: the beauty of life is when u have a strong competition.I believe by now,PDP have learnt their lessons and if given another chance in SouthWest state, they would perform beyond expectations.
Beyond expectation ke?
Pdp have nothing to offer except borrowing 18 billion naira to build six stadia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Garbage Truck Crushes LAWMA Official To Death in Lagos State. / Patience Jonathan Won’t Appear Before ICC – PDP / Ogun State Investors Forum 2016, Osinbanjo, Fashola, Amosun Attend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.