Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,118 members, 7,953,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:18 PM

Azazi End Of A Dream : The Real Story Behind His Sack - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Azazi End Of A Dream : The Real Story Behind His Sack (6349 Views)

Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? / Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Azazi End Of A Dream : The Real Story Behind His Sack by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 31, 2012
Nigeria was never mearnt to be!

One day it will surely scatter.

He that have ears, let him hear.

Yet, we can avoid another "Biafra" before we are Somlia-ed.

This article tells me perhaps that Azazi and Yakowa were murdered!!!!!!!

I call on Jonathan to get the writer of this article and question him for other security issues both now and in the future.
Re: Azazi End Of A Dream : The Real Story Behind His Sack by gratiaeo(m): 11:23am On Dec 31, 2012
Yorubas are proud support Hausa in this wasteful thread? i pity Nigeria.
So Hausa must wage war to Ijaws to reclaim presidency in Nigeria?
Re: Azazi End Of A Dream : The Real Story Behind His Sack by musiwa11: 1:36pm On Dec 31, 2012
no
Re: Azazi End Of A Dream : The Real Story Behind His Sack by fkaz(m): 1:55pm On Dec 31, 2012
1Dray:

Sharraaaap! Will you?
Definitely i will, so dat u can exhibit ur stupidity.
Carry go
Re: Azazi End Of A Dream : The Real Story Behind His Sack by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 31, 2012
100000+ LIKES. PLEASE SEND ME YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS[/quote]

110,000 Likes.Nna can I also send my bank account details?
Re: Azazi End Of A Dream : The Real Story Behind His Sack by donchris369: 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2012
My brother, the writer of these article just wrote the north's mind. The yorubas should be warming up for another awolowo.
noblezone: Nigeria was never mearnt to be!

One day it will surely scatter.

He that have ears, let him hear.

Yet, we can avoid another "Biafra" before we are Somlia-ed.

This article tells me perhaps that Azazi and Yakowa were murdered!!!!!!!

I call on Jonathan to get the writer of this article and question him for other security issues both now and in the future.

Re: Azazi End Of A Dream : The Real Story Behind His Sack by kokoA(m): 7:59pm On Dec 31, 2012
lakhadimar: 100000+ LIKES. PLEASE SEND ME YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS
lol..
Re: Azazi End Of A Dream : The Real Story Behind His Sack by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 31, 2012
maxxx: This is jst calling a dog a bad name to hang it.the ijaw nation doesn't hv d might to distabilise d north.remember d north is d military nd d military is d north.do u knw d resourses nd logistics required for such a venture.simply put azazi cannot ,I repeat cannot pull it off.THIS IS CHANGE OF TACTICS.they want to shift focus from d north to d ijaws.I shiver for what's gonna come.

^^^^^ trillion budget abi u forget?
Re: Azazi End Of A Dream : The Real Story Behind His Sack by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 31, 2012
malele:
If dey act we will use chemical weapon and slience them for life.

My guy for your sake and of that little community called Niger delta be very careful what you wish for. Even your jona is still there cos he is servicing certain notherners
Re: Azazi End Of A Dream : The Real Story Behind His Sack by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 31, 2012
The allegations made here by Mr Tilde, which are highy plausible, have been floating around for some time now.

Only those blinded to the politics of subterfuge playing out at the different tiers of government in Nigeria would fail to see MEND was/is to the Niger Delta what Boko Haram currently is to the disaffected Northern political establishment.

C O N F I D E N T I A L SECTION 01 OF 02 ABUJA 002107

NOFORN SIPDIS STATE FOR AF/W, INR/AA DOE FOR GEORGE PERSON

E.O. 12958: DECL: 10/19/2018 TAGS: PGOV [Internal Governmental Affairs], PREL [External Political Relations], PINR [Intelligence], EPET [Petroleum and Natural Gas], KCOR [Corruption and Anti-Corruption], NI [Nigeria]

SUBJECT: NIGERIA: RUMORS FROM THE NIGER DELTA
Classified By: Political Counselor Walter Pflaumer for reasons 1.4. (b & d). ¶1.
C) SUMMARY: On October 16, Poloffs met with Olafemi Aduwo (protect), founder of the Rights Monitoring Group.
In a rambling conversation, Aduwo made several claims about former Chief of Defense Staff Owoye Azazi and imprisoned arms dealer Henry Okah which were both interesting and, though unverifiable, seemed to parallel some of the rumors Post has heard concerning these two Niger Delta-related personalities -- specifically, that Azazi was compromised on Niger Delta issues and Okah holds information on the GON's activities in the Niger Delta that, if revealed, would be higly embarrassing. END SUMMARY.

¶2. (SBU) On October 16, Poloffs met with Olafemi Aduwo, founder of the human rights NGO Rights Monitoring Group (RMG). Aduwo, a native of Ondo State, said he is the nephew of 1979-1983 Chief of Naval Staff and former military governor of Western State Akin Aduwo, and came back from exile in Ghana in 2000 where he fled to seek protection from the Abacha regime. He said he was "heavily involved in the June 12 incident," where Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola's apparent 1993 legitimate election victory was overturned by Ibrahim Babangida (he did not specify his own role, but presumably it was one of support for Abiola and a free and fair election). He also said that, in more recent years, the RMG has worked closely with former Economic and Financial Crimes Commission chairman Nuhu Ribadu to gather evidence against high-profile suspects. (Note: While Post has seen RMG referenced in press reports, we have not worked directly with them in the past. End note.)

¶3. (C) In the course of the conversation, Aduwo claimed that it was "well-known" that former CDS Azazi, an ethnic Ijaw, was in contact and collusion with certain Niger Delta militants during his tenure at Defense Headquarters. Aduwo claimed that Azazi had his own jetty, from which he ran his own set of refineries which processed illegally bunkered oil. He also claimed that "boys" would visit Abuja every two weeks to pay Azazi a cut of their proceeds and in turn he would pass them information about the activities of the Joint Task Force.

¶4. (C) Aduwo also claimed that the reason why imprisoned arms dealer Henry Okah is being tried in secret is that the GON wants to prevent the airing of recordings Okah made while negotiating with the President and Vice President Goodluck Jonathan. Aduwo asserted that Okah's trip to southern Africa (Aduwo did not specify the date, but Okah was arrested in Angola in September 2007) was part of secret negotiations he was carrying on with Vice President Goodluck Jonathan, and while there he also spoke by telephone to Yar'Adua himself. Aduwo maintained Okah recorded these conversations, and presumably is planning to release them at some point during the trial, presumably in an attempt to either blackmail or simply embarrass the GoN.

¶5. (C) COMMENT: Post is unable to confirm (or disprove) the details of Aduwo's claims. Azazi was frequently cited as compromised on Niger Delta issues, but specifics about his alleged corruption were hard to come by; Aduwo's claims add a little felsh to the bones. And of the many theories floated publicly about the reason for Okah's closed trial -- most speculated that he will reveal embarrassing details about arms sales to the militants from the GON's own armories -- Aduwo's claims are new and somewhat more compelling, given that a good deal of information about GON arm sales is already in the public domain. END COMMENT.

¶6. (C) Bio Note: Aduwo seems to be famous primarily for being well-known -- he somehow appears in Nigerian newspapers with great frequency as a sought-after commentator on current events, but seems to add little value to the projects he joins and rarely offers any opinions that are not commonly held by other Nigerians. He does, however, seem to maintain a good contact list and good ties to key Nigerian governmental organizations -- he is traveling next week to the U.S. on an election observation mission for the ABUJA 00002107 002 OF 002 Independent National Electoral Commission, and claims to work out of the Presidential Villa.

¶7. (U) This cable was coordinated with Consulate Lagos.
Re: Azazi End Of A Dream : The Real Story Behind His Sack by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 01, 2013
This is the most dis-jointed report i have read in a very long time.
Re: Azazi End Of A Dream : The Real Story Behind His Sack by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 01, 2013
donchris369: My brother, the writer of these article just wrote the north's mind. The yorubas should be warming up for another awolowo.
Only God knows what will befall the South (especially South East and South South) when power eventually returns to the Jihardists,

My problem is that our people are too busy to read the hand writing on the wall.

If Azazi was working for ND Republic, then I have more respect for him. I will also conclude that he was powerfully executed by those who wrote this article in other to maintain the status quo.

My verdict is that

"Nigeria was never meant to be".
Re: Azazi End Of A Dream : The Real Story Behind His Sack by JikanHauwa: 12:50pm On Jan 05, 2013
We northerners seldom brag about anything. We are watching gleefully. We are very angry with the no of people killed during this crisis. We are angry at govt ineptitude and lack of honesty in solving this crisis. We will overcome..
Re: Azazi End Of A Dream : The Real Story Behind His Sack by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 26, 2013
bros Joes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari To Launch Nigeria’s $100bn SDG Financing Framework / Rivers State Only Have These 3 Tribes. / Don’t Sabotage Tinubu’s Efforts In Fixing Economy - Oyintiloye Tells Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.