Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

I Want To Start Bakery Biz (bread) Next Year, Any Advice For Me? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Start Bakery Biz (bread) Next Year, Any Advice For Me? (1006 Views)

International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year / Welcoming The New Year : Any Plans For Starting Your Business? / Lagos May Emerge Oil Producing State Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Start Bakery Biz (bread) Next Year, Any Advice For Me? by batuta: 9:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
I am planning starting a bread making business by January. I will start purchasing the equipment by next week.
Although I was advised to start small and expand later

If you are in the business already I need your advice on what type of equipment to buy and where to get them.
Re: I Want To Start Bakery Biz (bread) Next Year, Any Advice For Me? by oduz: 1:14pm On Jan 03, 2013
Nice biz, its good to start small as u hv mentioned, but how small is small? what kind of equipment are you looking for? You can actually start this biz without owning even its most essential tool, your own oven, whatever the decision, u hv 3 major kind of oven to choose from, but all these are not most important, as a commodity,bread is just like pure water, for which the most vital thing is how to market it.

With the high demand this may sound strange, but if you are in a city like Lagos u may recollect how many 'good' bread brands have disappeared from the market

The irony of it is that, there is no item on your shopping list that u can not get to hire or buy on credit. Yes from pans,ovens, to sugar butter flour & even marketers!

Whereas people may not be willing to give a self sustainig entrant FREE info to this particular kind of 'lucrative' business, but the moment u start to hire resources, positive interractions are likely to evolve, and people will start giving the best shades of advice to keep u alive, it is left for u to know when u hv taken enough to go SOLO!

Best of Luck ! cool
Re: I Want To Start Bakery Biz (bread) Next Year, Any Advice For Me? by adejodan(m): 2:55am On Jan 04, 2013
oduz: Nice biz, its good to start small as u hv mentioned, but how small is small? what kind of equipment are you looking for? You can actually start this biz without owning even its most essential tool, your own oven, whatever the decision, u hv 3 major kind of oven to choose from, but all these are not most important, as a commodity,bread is just like pure water, for which the most vital thing is [color=#770077]how to market it.[/colo

@Oduz, it seem you are knowledgeable about the business but you threw more questions to the poster than he even asked. You said there are 3 major kinds of oven, what are they? Please mention. The vital thing in bread production is marketing according to you. So hou should he market? The brand of breads that went into extinction, what happened? Did people refuse to eat or competition drove them out of business? Answering these questions will give life to the thread. Thanks.
Re: I Want To Start Bakery Biz (bread) Next Year, Any Advice For Me? by caprisegao: 3:57am On Aug 29, 2013
Dear sir ,
We are supplier of bakery equipment from China, we can offer complete set of bakery equipment.Feel free to contact me and I will send you price list .
My email : sales01@shmooha.com
My tel: 0086-18001788503

Re: I Want To Start Bakery Biz (bread) Next Year, Any Advice For Me? by oduz: 4:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
adejodan:
@Oduz, it seem you are knowledgeable about the business but you threw more questions to the poster than he even asked. You said there are 3 major kinds of oven, what are they? Please mention. The vital thing in bread production is marketing according to you. So hou should he market? The brand of breads that went into extinction, what happened? Did people refuse to eat or competition drove them out of business? Answering these questions will give life to the thread. Thanks.

1) Imported Electric oven (as shown above)

2) Locally fabricated electric oven

3) Mud clay oven, powered by wood fire

Best wishes cool

(1) (Reply)

10 Facts About Bill Gates / 2 Hidden Secrets To Growing Your Facebook Fans And Likes / No Bvn Number No Transaction In Uba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.