Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts (12678 Views)

OBJ & Buhari Pictured In 1978 Cutting The Tape At The Opening Of Warri Refinery / Photo: See The Crowd Of Thousands That Scrambled For Tinubu’s Christmas Gifts / Uduaghan Renames Stadium After Keshi, Showers Gifts On Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by Nightshift(m): 6:44pm On Dec 31, 2012
Rita Lori Hotels Lagos/Abuja - fun spots. I always get fresh food there anytime i fly into Lagos late. The Surulere spot lady is still strong sha....
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by bolayei: 6:46pm On Dec 31, 2012
either she has good intentions or a game plan but any how na to her favor
If governor develop her community na contract them go award and she go get %
She dey genuinely vex for the governor for not doing anything to develop the community and that dey stop her %

But lack of exposure na bad thing o o and na the generations wey go abroad and refuse to come back na im cause am
Back then our leaders go abroad and they come back and they try to develop the capital according to how e be abroad
These leaders only visit for a couple of days and the ones that stayed here weren't elites na labourer job them do(ibori etc) take go through school here and never mixed up with the elites or mps.
Unlike our previous leaders and by that i mean our leaders in the colonial times they were elites and didn't kiss any bum, hear them speak and compare them to these lot, these lot speak like my grand mum wey no go school not exposed at all and when they come abroad they dont near parliament not to talk of number 10.
Niger delta riverine regions suppose be tourist attraction with the right engineering but the leaders get to see that engineering to get the inspiration but if dem come england and south london you go find them for peckham,brixton,woolwich and other run down places dem no go go see how towns be to get inspiration on how to develop the towns wey dem dey govern.

Its a shame the generations of nigerians wey no gree go back go settle na im cause am.
Why do you think Fela was very out spoken its because he lived abroad and mixed up with people and still kept his identity, so when he came back and saw how the one wey dem use fire wood train go school wey be civil servant de live lavish while people dey suffer and im know say na only corruption fit make am be like that im challenge them.

Ojukwu saw the oppression of his people and knowing that its because of corruption he tried to fight a selfless battle because he was exposed stood for his people

Exposure is the biggest problem we are facing today in nigeria both leaders and the led

1 Like

Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by ak4God(m): 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2012
Oh,She is one of Obasanjo"s wife.She is the owner of Rita Lori Hotel in Surulere,Lagos...Nice one Madam.
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by redsun(m): 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2012
Nightshift: Rita Lori Hotels Lagos/Abuja - fun spots. I always get fresh food there anytime i fly into Lagos late. The Surulere spot lady is still strong sha....

I thought the lady that owns that hotel is ishan,married a to a benin guy.
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by babymama3: 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2012
saxywale:

That's a correct traditional ruler. He rejected a gift for a very good reason.

Unlike one bleaching King in Oyo state that rejected Akala's car gift in 2006 because he was given the same car as two other prominent Kings(his enemies) in the state, which he felt was insulting to him even after the governor made his son a local government chairman.

Now that you have brought this angle how do you know the gift wasn't rejected because the cow wasn't fattened enough?
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by GARRIx7(m): 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2012
Dogbeji2: Uduaghan has delivered in delta state and we the people are very happy with him.God bless Uduaghan

I appreciate ur attempt to defend ur Governor. However to do a Good job, you need to ßξ highly cerebral and articulate. You should arm yourself with facts and figures. Go and learn from silly9gerian, taharqa, pointless B etc who are hardcore Jonathanians.

Looking at ur post you sound stvpid, like a demented toad.

You'd better spend some time getting yourself enlightened before you defend a thief like Uduaghan on a public forum like this else your already Discombobulated brains get pulverised...

Happy new year to you in advance..... cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by Nightshift(m): 6:57pm On Dec 31, 2012
redsun:

I thought the lady that owns that hotel is ishan,married a to a benin guy.
No sir, the chief they are talking about here owns that Surulere spot near that mosquitoes infested canal on Babs Animashaun Rd, opposite NYSC secretariat.
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2012
She is not a traditional ruler; Igba of Warri is just a title, just like Asiwaju of Lagos or whatever.

This woman sef na something else. I've seen her a few times In her hotel in Lagos, and she always inspires fear - her scowling face/gaze and the massive traditional beads around her neck na die. She seems very powerful in a 'spiritual' or 'underground' sense. Governor sef suppose fear. I guess they have unresolved issues, hence the rejection of the Christmas gifts.
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by Nightshift(m): 7:08pm On Dec 31, 2012
pro01: She is not a traditional ruler; Igba of Warri is just a title, just like Asiwaju of Lagos or whatever.

This woman sef na something else. I've seen her a few times In her hotel in Lagos, and she always inspires fear - her scowling face/gaze and the massive traditional beads around her neck na die. She seems very powerful in a 'spiritual' or 'underground' sense. Governor sef suppose fear. I guess they have unresolved issues, hence the rejection of the Christmas gifts.
Her sons(who returned from the US to take over management)have done a great job by renovating the hotel .
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 31, 2012
acidosis™:
December 30, 2012 | 10:11 pm
News
BY LAJU ARENYEKA

Chief Rita Lori-Ogbebor, the Igba of Warri, has rejected the Christmas gifts sent to her by Delta State Government.

In an open letter addressed to the state governor, Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan, Chief Lori-Ogbebor stated that she returned the cow, rice and.other gifts due to her disappointment in Uduaghan’s administration.

She said: “By now, you already know my stand on the way you run the administration of Delta State. I feel unhappy and depressed to see the.state and Itsekiriland declining from the time you assumed office. “I have spoken to you as a mother to a son. Itsekiri riverine areas are declining educationally and economically. The way our land is today shows no planning or foresight. There is no creation of jobs, neither is there adequate security of lives and property. For many years, there has been fighting and bloodletting in Escravos. In fact, things have got worse since you became governor.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/lori-ogbebor-rejects-uduaghans-christmas-gifts/
Talk of 9ja.........a word is enough for d wise
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by alyarmouk(m): 7:21pm On Dec 31, 2012
acidosis™:
December 30, 2012 | 10:11 pm
News
BY LAJU ARENYEKA

Chief Rita Lori-Ogbebor, the Igba of Warri, has rejected the Christmas gifts sent to her by Delta State Government.

In an open letter addressed to the state governor, Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan, Chief Lori-Ogbebor stated that she returned the cow, rice and.other gifts due to her disappointment in Uduaghan’s administration.

She said: “By now, you already know my stand on the way you run the administration of Delta State. I feel unhappy and depressed to see the.state and Itsekiriland declining from the time you assumed office. “I have spoken to you as a mother to a son. Itsekiri riverine areas are declining educationally and economically. The way our land is today shows no planning or foresight. There is no creation of jobs, neither is there adequate security of lives and property. For many years, there has been fighting and bloodletting in Escravos. In fact, things have got worse since you became governor.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/lori-ogbebor-rejects-uduaghans-christmas-gifts/

dis kind people still dey naija i think say dem don follow dinosaurs go xtinct ooooo. mk we protect n treat her like a rare specie oo
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by FederalMight: 7:21pm On Dec 31, 2012
Na Xmas gift wen she reject Na some people dey celebrate? Anything special for there?
Now she don warn Ijaw say make don nor they take istekiri play again. Make una still celebrate this one Na.
Una dey see person wen dey vex say uduaghan go build school for land wen she don earmark for cultural center wen
She go use do that kind one for Lagos and Abuja, una dey celebrate am. Why she never reject the ones wen the govr
Dey give her since?
Sometimes, we need to look things deep well well before we clap for them.
Say govr nor talk for the fight wen dey escavos Na eh dey make her vex too, Na lie. She get interest but one other istekiri up coming
Promising young man kon over shadow her and she be dey expect say govr go shout the boy down but as govr nor talk Na eh make
Her dey do all this one. I dey the river side and I know wetin dey happen. Na her personal interest she dey fight for, nor be our own.
Abeg, make govr go give that Xmas package to other person wen need now.
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 31, 2012
Nightshift: Her sons(who returned from the US to take over management)have done a great job by renovating the hotel .

The hotel is a fantastic place to hang out; so many bars, lounges - even a nightclub and a snooker room. All kinds of stuff, live band, assorted chops, etc. . .not to mention an overabundance of girls (for those interested), lol. Her sons did a great job.
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 31, 2012
This is a big O amazon woman. She can grab and fling petite Uduaghan with one handsmiley

Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by NewsFlash101: 7:31pm On Dec 31, 2012
Still mourning Gadafi. A hidden silenced must watch video below.
Pls watch this youtube video

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=lXLQAUUpJwU
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by NewsFlash101: 7:33pm On Dec 31, 2012
Still mourning Gadafi. A hidden silenced must watch video below.
Pls watch this youtube video

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=lXLQAUUpJwU lipsrsealed
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by etudaddy(m): 7:43pm On Dec 31, 2012
Pls is dis woman d owner of rita lori club for surulere?
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by aribisala0(m): 7:43pm On Dec 31, 2012
vislabraye:

Did you mention Soyinka I remember IBB once set him up. He really could not speak against the evil genius grin
Set him up how You must be the ONLY ONE that remembers this. Maybe you have someone else in mind
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 31, 2012
GARRI (x7):

I appreciate ur attempt to defend ur Governor. However to do a Good job, you need to ßξ highly cerebral and articulate. You should arm yourself with facts and figures. Go and learn from silly9gerian, taharqa, pointless B etc who are hardcore Jonathanians.

Looking at ur post you sound stvpid, like a demented toad.

You'd better spend some time getting yourself enlightened before you defend a thief like Uduaghan on a public forum like this else your already Discombobulated brains get pulverised...

Happy new year to you in advance..... cheesy

Chai! grin
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by Nightshift(m): 7:50pm On Dec 31, 2012
pro01:

The hotel is a fantastic place to hang out; so many bars, lounges - even a nightclub and a snooker room. All kinds of stuff, live band, assorted chops, etc. . .not to mention an overabundance of girls (for those interested), lol. Her sons did a great job.
Personally, the best place to hangout in Surulere. Forget the stadium folks, Rita Lori is better! Apart from Efik Kitchen off Ogunlana Drive, Rita Lori is a place to enjoy fine meal. The life band is a plus as well. I like them doing Jazz and Highlife tunes. The young Ghanaian vocalist is awesome!!
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by flexya: 8:06pm On Dec 31, 2012
vislabraye:

Did you mention Soyinka I remember IBB once set him up. He really could not speak against the evil genius grin

Soyinkas daughter is one of GEJs special advisers. Make we dey fool ourselves?
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by aribisala0(m): 8:10pm On Dec 31, 2012
Nightshift: Rita Lori Hotels Lagos/Abuja - fun spots. I always get fresh food there anytime i fly into Lagos late. The Surulere spot lady is still strong sha....
What kind of food do you get when you SAIL into Lagos
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by Nightshift(m): 8:16pm On Dec 31, 2012
aribisala0:
What kind of food do you get when you SAIL into Lagos
My favourite is vegetable soup with snails and pounded yam. I also like moi moi.
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by peace3: 8:18pm On Dec 31, 2012
GOV PLS GIVE HER 100MILLION NAIRA CONTRACT.HABA ITS LONG OVER DUE grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by CGKing(m): 8:34pm On Dec 31, 2012
Una wicked o. So if them increase the goodies to 3 coves, one trailer load of rice and one sports utility, she go begin congratulate the governor on the progress warri has made since him take office? Lol
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by Emuobosanone: 8:44pm On Dec 31, 2012
D man or boy who said uduanghan renovated schools compared to Lagos must be d biggest fool on earth.For mama Rita blaming ogor head i feel she is right.4 Itsekiri woman blaming itsekiri ogor head u will agree dat he is a bundle of disappointment.D rest of his tenure is 4 him to save 4 his rainny days, period .
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by ifihearam: 8:47pm On Dec 31, 2012
saxywale: Nice one from the traditional ruler.

Please and please,she is not a traditional ruler but just a chief,we have ONLY ONE king in the itsekiri kingdom and he is the Olu of Warri(Atuwatse 11,Ogiame suooo). Thank you.
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by dulphines: 9:10pm On Dec 31, 2012
Dogbeji2: Uduaghan has delivered in delta state and we the people are very happy with him.God bless Uduaghan
I agree with u my brother. He has delivered ur own to ur pocket. Anuofia!
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by myners007: 9:17pm On Dec 31, 2012
SHE SPOKE AND ACTED LIKE A TRUE ITSEKIRI CHIEF WITH INEGRITY. THE GOVERNOR HAS DISAPOINTED THE WHOLE ITSEKIRI RACE N DELTANS.PLS DNT PAY ATTENTION TO THOSE LIP SERVICE SYCOPHANTS DEFENDING THE GOVERNORM DELTA NEEDS A REAL DOC. TO REVIVE IT.
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by onyekabe(m): 9:23pm On Dec 31, 2012
you are a fool for saying that. Go to edo or anambra state I believe you wont say this again
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by wellmax(m): 9:28pm On Dec 31, 2012
vislabraye:

Soyinka wasn't set up. He was given the task τ̅☺ set up and lead FRSC, a task he carried out successfully. Maybe you meant Tai Solarin. #read history.
Re: Igba Of Warri (Lori-Ogbebor) Rejects Uduaghan’s Christmas Gifts by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 31, 2012
#80million:
*speechless*

2013 Loading!

E ma dami duro!
always speechless, what is wrong with you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike: I Will Flog and crush small boys / Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin / Peter Obi Yoruba Campaign Song (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.