Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Is This APGA Governor On Narcotics? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This APGA Governor On Narcotics? (919 Views)

Renowned Journalist Ejiro Adigbo Advises Rivers Governor On What Next To Do(pics / Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges / Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This APGA Governor On Narcotics? by NegroNtns(m): 6:02am On Dec 31, 2012
By Senator Iroegbu

The echoes of last Thursday’s convoy power-show between the security aides of Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State and the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Navy, Senator Chris Anyanwu, along the Owerri-Umuahia highway is still reverberating, as Anyanwu said she is still traumatised and in shock.

But the governor in a statement by his Special Adviser Media, Mr. Ebere Uzoukwu, claimed that it was Anyanwu’s convoy, which broke into the convoy with a view to killing him (Okorocha).

Anyanwu in a telephone conversation with THISDAY Sunday , said she was yet to come to terms with the reason behind the dehumanising treatment meted out to her and her aides by Okorocha’s aides on that day. The Senator, who represents the Owerri/Imo South senatorial district noted that what baffled her most was that she visited the governor  on the day of the incident, and wondered what may have informed the “brutal act of macabre dance,” while he (Okorocha) watched with “mean” approval.

“This is traumatising, and I am still in shock as am talking to you. I don’t know what this show of power is all about,” she said.Asked if she had had any personal squabbles with the governor to prompt the incident, she simply said: “Not at all.” “In fact, in the morning of the sad episode, I visited the Government House to say hello to the governor. I was actually going home (from Owerri after the visit), and they were just behind me, way-laid me in the middle of the road.

I don’t know that this man (Rochas) is so deceptive and criminally-minded,” she said. Anyanwu, who is a member of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), which Okorocha also belongs, said something must be done to “stop such abusive acts.”“I don’t understand where this is coming from because if you see the picture of my driver...they almost broke his skull. I am numbs, if nothing is done to tell this people...if they can do this to me, what would have happened to other people. I think I am numbs because whatever you might say about Okorocha, it is not about harassment,” she noted.

Repeat Offender

Continuing, she said: “It is like what happened in Enugu (convoy brutality) but he denied it. He is so deceptive that you can never predict what this man can do. Here is a very serious situation that we need to seriously look into.“This man saw me on the road, way laid me and his security men pointed their gun at me and he could not stop them and say; ‘hey this is my Senator’. Even if I am not a Senator, I am a human being with rights of movement and dignity.

”Meanwhile, Uzoukwu said Anyanwu’s claim that Okorocha sat in his car and watched his security aides drag out her drivers and security aides from her convoy of three cars to beat them was false and a “blatant lie”.“It was a planned action to get at the governor and if possible eliminate him in the process... the entire story that the Senator had fed to the media, were all lies concocted to save her face after her plans were aborted.“The governor is yet to fully recover from the shock of the experience and investigations are on to unravel other culprits who were also involved in the obvious plot to eliminate the governor, who since assumption of office has remained a symbol of peace and mutual coexistence among all political and religious groups in the state,” he said.

Re: Is This APGA Governor On Narcotics? by Crayola1: 6:16am On Dec 31, 2012
If he is , it must be you who is supplying them grin
Re: Is This APGA Governor On Narcotics? by Odunnu: 6:48am On Dec 31, 2012
Where's your source link? I need to read it directly.
So, there's a power tussle between the senator and the governor?
Re: Is This APGA Governor On Narcotics? by nerdivist: 7:09am On Dec 31, 2012
And some people want this guy to become the president of my country? In their wildest dream!!!
Re: Is This APGA Governor On Narcotics? by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 31, 2012
nerdivist: And some people want this guy to become the president of my country? In their wildest dream!!!

So, you believe the crap up there??
Re: Is This APGA Governor On Narcotics? by nerdivist: 8:38am On Dec 31, 2012
Dr. Wise:

So, you believe the crap up there??
the Yorubas will say o jo gate ko jo gate, o fi ese mejeji tiro. Was in not the same rochas that was involved in the rumble with one other state governor over seat I'm not sure but the issue of the police man that was beaten up for not opening the gate on time, was it rochas or another governor
Re: Is This APGA Governor On Narcotics? by Odunnu: 11:26am On Dec 31, 2012
Dr Wise, this your siggy is something else. grin
Re: Is This APGA Governor On Narcotics? by NegroNtns(m): 12:23pm On Dec 31, 2012
nerdivist: the Yorubas will say o jo gate ko jo gate, o fi ese mejeji tiro. Was in not the same rochas that was involved in the rumble with one other state governor over seat I'm not sure but the issue of the police man that was beaten up for not opening the gate on time, was it rochas or another governor

The dude is on some controlled substance, he is on the edge. Read about him here....very revealing.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/latest-addition/205725-imo-state-governor-rochas-okorocha-punches-governor-obi%E2%80%99s-aide-over-a-chair.html

http://naijagists.com/governor-rochas-okorochas-aide-beats-policeman-to-coma/

Imo state is one of the oil producing states that get 13% derivation on top of allocation from Federation Account . The state is only 5,430 sq km in size, smaller than Ekiti state and only a little bigger than Lagos. Its population from last census was 3,934,898. This time last year it received a total. #3,181,942,814 from federal allocation (state share + 13%). That was just from one month revenue sharing! On average, it receives about the same amount on a monthly basis, so you can conveniently multiply that by 12. It's debt is #18,367,203. So what's Rochas doing for a small, managable size state, with small managable population and small debt but monumental income? For the same period, Lagos has 3 times more population, no 13% oil derivation and 7 times more debt but is yet well governed.

Read this blog from his own people.

http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/12/13/opinion-owelle-rochas-okorocha-cannot-govern-cannot-lead-and-cannot-think-prof-igwe/

Rochas is who all Igbo people proclaim as their new "Owelle", the Zik of modern age. He is not dissapointing in that area at all. True to type and character, and like the past Owelle, the new one has also found his groom in the North..... Ndigbos say Rochas is their best political candidate for national contest to Presidency and will go against Fashola. Well, Rochas think someone else is best fitted for the job of stabilizing andunifying the country.

read this.....

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/aliyu-can-stabilise-nigeria-says-okorocha/134881/

(1) (Reply)

Finally, FG Ready To Hand Over TCN To Manitoba / . / Seun Kuti Calls Governor Akpabio “government Chicken Boy”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.